Originally Posted by Dino81
I sold my e55..does that count as a "mod"? Lol
What's next?
Old 05-13-2015, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 e55
Originally Posted by ddb
What's next?
Probably a w211 e55..maybe an e60 m5, but after owning both BMW and merc, my heart lies with MB.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
4 matic
Originally Posted by ddb
Thanks for the pics, illest. Is that the same material as the rear sunshade?
Yes its the same.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:28 PM
ddb

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2002 E55
Replaced Wiper Cowl Screens

In addition to the plastic being brittle, the rubber along the top of one piece was almost gone and completely gone on the other side.

For my 2002, the left side part number is: 210-831-09-58. The right side part number is: 210-831-10-58. They are between $20-$25 each online.

The old one is on top and you can see the rubber is mostly gone except a small section on the left, and it is falling apart.

What did you do to your E55 today?-1434210421828.jpg

What did you do to your E55 today?-1434210422240.jpg

What did you do to your E55 today?-1434210422474.jpg

They are held on with one screw and simple to install.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:36 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
E55AMG 2000 E55 AMG 1921 Ford T Speedster
What did I do with my e55 today?
I drove it...and wished it had high profile Mickey Thompson Tires on it. And Perhaps a Saturn V F1 rocket engine on the back to avoid these damb pot holes and target me to the moon to get away from these retard drivers.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
86 190D (Exported to the Nerderlands), 87 300TD (Sold), 82 Ford F150 3spd, 99 E300D (RIP), 02 E55
Encounter with a CLA45

Well, driving along a nice shading stretch of the Merritt Parkway this afternoon I came across a black CLA45 (wasn't sure at first). The car was right at the back of my tail before I even notice what was tailgating meThere was traffic as usual along the two lane road from Wallingford to Hamden (for those of you who knew CT). Anyway, the car from the back decided to pull close to my tail and stick on to my bumper. He knew that this is an older MB but the AMG badge also tells him he would like to race me. So, when the right lane was cleared, he pull next to me. I looked on the side and saw the turbo badge which gives me a quick reaction that this might be one of the new AMGs. He stomp on this gas and the exhaust noise quickly turned from normal sounding to flat loud and then whining as the turbo kicks in. At the same time, I stomp on my gas pedal and WOW!! like I had told this story over and over again, the exhaust in my car growl like a corvette and muffled his exhaust sound and off we go. His car has the whining loud noise but mine, had the sound of a solid V8. I kept up with him but he decided to cut into my lane which shows that he gave up as he does not want me to get next to him or even over take him. I freed the gas pedal and then stomp on the gas a few time to show him that this old beast is still very much alive....as the tranny downshift. After that, I took the right lane and got off on my exit. I have to vent and write this out for all of you gays about the feeling I had with my 13 year old car today. It never cease to amazing me every time I step into the cockpit

I forgot to mention that I was driving with the AC full blast as this was going down....

Last edited by snooozie; 07-01-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
'08 E63 AMG
nice story-- would love to hear what would've happened if he hadn't cut you off like that!!
Old 07-01-2015, 06:19 PM

86 190D (Exported to the Nerderlands), 87 300TD (Sold), 82 Ford F150 3spd, 99 E300D (RIP), 02 E55
Originally Posted by benzokirk
nice story-- would love to hear what would've happened if he hadn't cut you off like that!!

Oh boy!! If that was an all out race I would have floored the pedal. I don't know man... I would have gone crazy and might have beaten his car...turbo or not turbo. I think it all in the head Well, it really made my day when I put up my drive way, turn around and look at the beast with a smile on my face

Last edited by snooozie; 07-01-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:17 PM

'08 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by snooozie
Oh boy!! If that was an all out race I would have floored the pedal. I don't know man... I would have gone crazy and might have beaten his car...turbo or not turbo. I think it all in the head Well, it really made my day when I put up my drive way, turn around and look at the beast with a smile on my face
At the end of the day, that's what it's all about, my friend! Along with what's under the hood, It's all about the driver. It's nice to know we can blow the doors off a good 90% of the cars we pass on the road... that's a lot to be said for a 13-15 year old car!!
Old 07-01-2015, 07:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 E55 AMG
At the end of the day, that's what it's all about, my friend! Along with what's under the hood, It's all about the driver. It's nice to know we can blow the doors off a good 90% of the cars we pass on the road... that's a lot to be said for a 13-15 year old car!!
Hmmmm.... I thought it was because of the cool sun shade to goes up in the back! 😁😎
Old 07-01-2015, 07:46 PM

Amen!! I might get a newer MB but I'll definitely keep her

Looking back, I think the guy in the CLA45 thinks that he can just taunt me (sitting on my tail) and blow the dirt out of my car and take off but when he finds out that his car can't shake of my car in that short a distance he then panic and does not want anything to happen to his new ride plus he must have **** in his pants when he hears me coming along side him with the exhaust louder then his car

I lied back in a few forum posting ago that I am not going to mod my car anymore as this is as best as it gets.....but guess what??? I am in the market for a louder exhaust...anyone that wants to sell their Eisenmann exhaust, please PM me
Old 07-02-2015, 12:33 AM

'08 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by TwoTone-Gent
Hmmmm.... I thought it was because of the cool sun shade to goes up in the back! 😁😎
there's that too!
Old 07-02-2015, 12:41 AM

'08 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by snooozie
Amen!! I might get a newer MB but I'll definitely keep her

Looking back, I think the guy in the CLA45 thinks that he can just taunt me (sitting on my tail) and blow the dirt out of my car and take off but when he finds out that his car can't shake of my car in that short a distance he then panic and does not want anything to happen to his new ride plus he must have **** in his pants when he hears me coming along side him with the exhaust louder then his car

I lied back in a few forum posting ago that I am not going to mod my car anymore as this is as best as it gets.....but guess what??? I am in the market for a louder exhaust...anyone that wants to sell their Eisenmann exhaust, please PM me
Yeah, I can't blame you, on both counts... I find myself eyeing W211's quite often these days, and I would keep the 210 also... At least you have the ASM headers, I would almost settle for them, but an Eisenmann exhaust would be very nice!
Old 07-02-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 E55 AMG
I replaced the left rear window regulator, inner and outer tie rods, cleaned up the interior and filled up the gaa tank. I also found it is slowly showing its age, with little paint nicks all over and some rust is starting to crop up
Old 07-02-2015, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2001 E55 OMG
Originally Posted by ddb
In addition to the plastic being brittle, the rubber along the top of one piece was almost gone and completely gone on the other side.

For my 2002, the left side part number is: 210-831-09-58. The right side part number is: 210-831-10-58. They are between $20-$25 each online.

The old one is on top and you can see the rubber is mostly gone except a small section on the left, and it is falling apart.

They are held on with one screw and simple to install.
This is a good feeling repair where it makes the car look better for a cheap price. I did mine some months back and it was easy and looks good
Old 07-02-2015, 06:41 PM
ddb

2002 E55
Originally Posted by Tall Giraffe
This is a good feeling repair where it makes the car look better for a cheap price. I did mine some months back and it was easy and looks good
Yes!

How are your projects coming? Aren't you working on a brake upgrade?
Old 07-02-2015, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 OMG
Originally Posted by ddb
Yes!

How are your projects coming? Aren't you working on a brake upgrade?

Why yes I did this past weekend!

The last time I had 18" E63 Replicas so I went up to a 19" staggered with different rubber- Continental DWs. 18's sold in a day

I did upgrade front calipers, rotors and went with Akebonos. On the rears I simply replaced the pads (Akebono) and went with drilled rotors as well instead of the blanks. Also I bought stainless steel lines all around.

I bought remanufactured calipers and resprayed them gunmetal gray. I also shopped and bought reflective vinyl caliper wraps for the logo. My gf had a vinyl cutter so I made them at home from an EPS file then clearcoated them. The front rotor is a Zimmerman and the rear are from Brake Performance.

The wheels are a ET32 fronts 35 rear and did not require a spacer for the calipers though my next project may require spacers for the drop. I was thinking that I was going to rub the rubber with a 245/35 @ ET 32 front but it actually did not at all turn lock to turn lock. I was shocked about that. My previous S 04 rubbed bad (although ET35) but were at the end of their lifespan so I did not care. S04 is wider shoulder, heavier tire.

Over all the hiccups I had were that the stainless lines from Stoptech seemed too short. It did not hook where brake line came from the engine bay under the "hat" so I zipped tied for now. I did not understand why as these were the verified part which is the same as C32. I think its because where the brake line ties into the caliper is different causing you to lose line slack. I also bought the wrong rear pads as I had dual pin pads and I ordered incorrectly the single. Luckily Advanced Auto had them in stock. (-$45) The worst was that my passenger front brake wear sensor bolt stripped which caused an insane amount of *****in and a drill out of the bolt. The C32 requires a different bolt for the sensor and the dealer GAVE me the 2 bolts for free. I also had the flush performed at the stealer for a Ben Frank. They actuate the ABS via Star to get those pesky air bubbles out.

Impressions:

Cant tell in stopping power as I had worn everything and never experienced new OEM parts. As others have mentioned the bite is different from OEM but no squealing and it does stop well. Still "braking" in the pads. Not a fan of the look of the rear rotor metal look. In retrospect, I should of bought the black zinc coating. The rotor has a different metal sheen from the Zs upfront. Did not know if I wanted to go blanks even though the drilled holes patterns are slightly different- double edged sword.

Next will be Vogtlands and FSD but first I have some nasty dents MF'ers gift me from the parking lots removed. Really sours the body look. Then vinyl the purp from the window trims.

TG
The following users liked this post:
ZANE55 (09-10-2017)
Old 07-03-2015, 07:25 AM
ddb

2002 E55
Originally Posted by Tall Giraffe
Why yes I did this past weekend!
TG, Wow - fantastic! The brakes, wheels & tires look great! The whole car looks great! Thanks for all the details. I may want to do something similar one day.

I love the new 19's. When you put on the Vogtlands it is going to make the wheels look so much better. I'm still intrigued by the FSD's. I'm satisfied with my adjustable yellow Koni's, but am looking forward to your thoughts on the FSD's once you get some miles with them.

Blackening the window trim makes a huge difference. I think you will be happy with the outcome.

Great job! Looking forward to your next steps!

ddb
Old 07-03-2015, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 matic
Is the C32 caliper much lighter than the stock caliper? I like the gunmetal color, it looks good with the rims and the car color.

Last edited by illest; 07-03-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 OMG
Originally Posted by ddb
TG, Wow - fantastic! The brakes, wheels & tires look great! The whole car looks great! Thanks for all the details. I may want to do something similar one day.

I love the new 19's. When you put on the Vogtlands it is going to make the wheels look so much better. I'm still intrigued by the FSD's. I'm satisfied with my adjustable yellow Koni's, but am looking forward to your thoughts on the FSD's once you get some miles with them.

Blackening the window trim makes a huge difference. I think you will be happy with the outcome.

Great job! Looking forward to your next steps!

ddb
Thanks!

I agree, lowering it will complete the look and stance fully.

I wish there were other E55 owners near me who modded so I can see the differences between cars with mods. It was your post about the Vogtland install that got me curious about FSD. Most everyone I have spoke to about them have positive things to say about them on the BMW side. For instance the Koni sports may be just right for me on the W210 but Ill never know. I dont track so FSD seems logical. Guess we'll see.

I was thinking about running the FSD without Vogtland for a couple of weeks to see the basic difference in strut then add springs for final conclusions. Alot of labor but good stuff to know imo.

Originally Posted by illest
Is the C32 caliper much lighter than the stock caliper? I like the gunmetal color, it looks good with the rims and the car color.
Thanks! I thought about different options. I really liked the Copper color but feared a clash between gun metal, silver, and the copper. I also considered wrapping the entire caliper in reflective vinyl but that seemed a bit much. I should of made the logo just a bit bigger than the current.

I think they are definitely lighter in handling them both. I forgot to weight the two before but still have the stock calipers to get a number for it at least.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 E55 AMG
What did you do to your E55 today?

Does rubbing out left fender clear coat after trading paint with a construction barrel count? Thats what I did to mine last night. Yes, was sober just trying to get on the freeway late at night.

Still scratches but will get it detailed/buffed. Unreal and stupid on my part.

Be careful out there!
Old 07-05-2015, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 matic
Changed my idler pulley because it was making a lot of noise.

Also TwoTone's post reminded me to fix a paint transfer issue I had on my front bumper

I used some of this and some cheap turtle wax I had laying around. I will hit it with the polisher when I clean the rest of the car.

I need t figure out why my headlight washer door thing is not sitting properly, been trying to avoid taking the whole bumper off but that might be the next step.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:03 PM

Tuttle wax polishing compound

That tuttle wax polishing compound does wonders...illest...your bumper looks good. I might have some old can laying around the garage somewhere. I had used it before a long time ago and had forgotten about it. I had a "too close to the stupid ATM machine and had to back up and had my side marker bush against the yellow pillion next to the machine" syndrome so now, I had some yellow paint on the side of my quarter panel
Old 07-09-2015, 03:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55
Disabled my city lights. Never could get them to match the Xenon 5K's. So I installed LED resistors kits less the LEDs. No warning and no city lights lights. Cleans up the front appearance of the car at night.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:21 AM

'08 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by illest
I need t figure out why my headlight washer door thing is not sitting properly, been trying to avoid taking the whole bumper off but that might be the next step.
you will indeed need to take your bumper off to get that door. I found that out for myself when I replaced my headlights with Depos.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your E55 today?