W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hellllpppp...I am literally crying over spilt milk...kids...grrrr....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Hellllpppp...I am literally crying over spilt milk...kids...grrrr....

Took my 10 year old daughter out for a treat to Burger King for breakfast this AM, we decide for the first time EVER to eat in the car. She is terrified cause she loves it as much as me.

Anyway, everything goes great, then we pull in the driveway and she does did a kid thing and let it slip outta her hand. Spilled about a cup full on the seat and into the gap between the seat and the center console.

Not one of those d()**head dads and I told her it was okay, people make mistakes. Hell, I once wanted to clean my dads BRAND NEW Cutlass so I wiped the super dusty thing down with a rag..DRY. With his hands twitching, and eyes red with fury, he told me it was okay and kids make mistakes...it was great to pass that along to my kids.

Anyway, WHAT THE HE LL DO I DO ABOUT THE MILK. Grabbed a role of paper towels and soaked up what I could. The car STILL smells of my awesome Nappa leather even though she is an 03. I just couldn't live with it, with sour milk smell.

Can you guys help a brotha out??

Thanks so much. Kids...
Old 07-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the market
I wish I could help you with the smell, but I have no idea. I just want to say though that it is awesome that you were so cool about it with your daughter.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Banned

my friend wont even drive in the rain he's that ****. ive spilled all kinds of sh$$ in my car. who cares, its just a car, soak it up and move on jak, itll be ok.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Thanks Mike...so no special ***** I should spray on it or anything.

Your baby still smell purdy?? Sure looks new from the pics you post.

Thanks for the kind words as well you guys.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:06 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Febreze, available at the grocery store, or for an enzyme solution: http://www.winsol.com/odorcontrol.htm

Good luck!
Old 07-20-2005, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
There has to be a fine line between **** and normal with a car.
I clean my CLK and ML as much as I can.....but I'm not afraid to eat in them or drive them in the rain. It hurts to see things get dirty...but you can always clean it. I've learned some things are just not worth getting upset about, especially a car.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:31 AM

E55
If worse comes to worse - have the seat removed and the carpet etc steam cleaned in the car. You may have to have the upholstery removed from the seat to clean the padding if it was soaked.

If it makes you feel better I once had this problem with CAT PEE and solved it as described above.....
Old 07-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Originally Posted by corgiman
I once had this problem with CAT PEE and solved it as described above.....
Oh no...that is way worse than sour milk....that is like...processed sour milk
Old 07-20-2005, 11:54 AM

E55
I quite understand your concern.

I spilt a large amount -- may be a gallon -- of hot chocolate on by seats last November. There is no sign of it or smell form it any more. So take heart.

All I did was wipe it with a wet tablecloth (only thing available at the time). A week later, wiped with damp towel: seats and carpet. Did that once more. The seats seemed to clean easily. I did the carpet later with a carpet cleaner.

There might be dried hot chocolate IN the seats which went through the holes. Anyway there seems to be no external sign of it.

Last edited by Pbglas; 07-20-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Sorry to hear that.... what I would do, if I were you, I use Lexol Vinylex for the Vinyl / plastic and use leatherique for the leather.

For the hard to reach part, I usually cut a thick shipping box w/ approx. 6" wide... cut two and put them together to make it stiff enough for you to put some pressure.

Then, I use terry towel or regular cloth to apply leatherique RO / PC / lexol until you completely clean the spill.

If you spill on the hard-to-reach carpet.... man, this is the toughest part especially when the spill has dried already. But what I would do.... I would use carpet stain remover (I use OXY clean)... and let it soak and then use the "stick" w/ a towel to dry it. Not perfect but helps.... at least remove the smell and part of the stain.

Yes, I'm really an **** about car I'm the type of person who does not want to drive the car in the rain, eat in the car and even try not to have more than 2 adults in the car despite my frequent use of the car. The only car that is driven in the rain, carries more than 2 adults and eat inside is my old Max.

Good luck!
Old 07-20-2005, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
use a enzyme solution IF there's a smell/ BEFORE you use any other cleaners/ the other cleaners will kill the enzymes and they won't work. good luck.
you can use a syringe and needle to get enzyme solution down into spongy part of seat.

Last edited by BMWEATR; 07-20-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
A Honda accord is just a car, the E55 is not just a car.

I would just use a damp mircofiber towel to try and soak up as much as possible. Then treat with Lexol.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:52 PM

2004 E55
Pull the seat, its not that hard. Just cause you drive a luxury car doesn't mean you can't get your hands dirty.

Get it outta the way, then soak/clean it up as best you can. I would use a disinfecting cleaner to keep it from stinking, then maybe some febreeze. Let it dry good, and you're done.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Absolutely pull the seat, have done it myself. Not hard and its the only way you have a shot at cleaning the beast.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:12 PM

w210 e55
I have had good luck with the enzyme products. Once a buddy left the remains of Saganaki (greek flaming cheese) on the floor of my back seat after a night out and a stop for late night munchies. The grease oozed into the carpet and the car smell like OOPAH for weeks. I forget which one I used but it worked. OR do like my wife did last year on the ML and leave the sunroof open during a thunder storm. That will flush out the milk.
Either will work.