Sponsored by:

An open letter to my customers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An open letter to my customers

Lately, there have been a number of complaints about my company involving various matters. As some of you might know, I have set up another new business a few months ago. From preparation to opening, it has taken a lot of my time with the massive work load and pressure and has quickly reached to a point when I simply do not have enough time to take care of other business (such as daily operation of Harton Motorwerks). I started relying heavily on my accountant for most operational matters such as issuing checks, placing orders with suppliers etc. And for shipping, I have set up a new warehouse in FL served as a hub re-directing all incoming orders to US customers. It was until very recently that I found out people I trust the most are the ones who betrayed me. Some orders are placed incorrectly, accounts payable checks have never been sent, orders are sent to the wrong location or simply sent out the wrong parts to the customers. And the worst part of all, a criminal investigation is underway to find out the truth for all these hick-ups. This is a total mismanagement on my behalf and I can blame nobody but myself. For those who have talked to me before, I think you all know I ALWAYS honor my words, always try to be as honest as possible and list out all the options for my customers, I don't care about making money as long as the customer is happy. We only own our cars for so many years and if you are spending your hard earned money to dress up your car, better get something that you truly enjoy and have fun with.

For those pending orders, I will look through order after order and make sure your parts will be sending out as soon as possible. Please give me some time. I am not running away with your money. As some of you might already been notified, either your orders will be completely free from me or I will knock off 50%. Just want to show you that I am very serious and sincere about solving the problems.

For those I promised to send you checks (regardless of the nature), I will do so as soon as possible. I have to make some arrangement to transfer my personal funds to the company. I know there have been excuses after excuses, I have been mis-informed (or simply say CHEATED) for the whole time. Some have waited for months. I will, for sure, make things right for you. I am financially capable of doing that.

It has been a very memorable 3 1/2 years meeting fellow car enthusiasts and having some very good customers to support me. Those who know me well enough know making money is never my top priority. It's just I have always been a Mercedes fans, that’s why I am turning my hobby into a small business. Fortunately (and unfortunately), the company has grown much faster than I expected. I feel very bad that I have let some of you down and I am TRULY sorry about it. The ***** have dropped big time, there is no question about it. I will personally dig down to the very bottom and have ALL problems rectified. I might be stepping away from the company after all these have been said and done or I might just my partners to take over it (no final decision has been made for now). I have spent a lot of time and effort to build the company and I can guarantee that ALL of my unhappy customers will be taken care of. I dare to say it on a public forum because I am very sure and confident that I can do it.

p.s. for all correspondence, please send to my e-mail. I do not encourage anyone to leave your reply here.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
still waiting on that tracking number Harris.
for those who don't know Harris sells a assortment of stuff for our cars, he sold me a set of wheels and tires 12 weeks ago/ have any shown up yet? NO.
Harris has told me the same exact thing he just posted yesterday on the 9th.
he also told me he shipped out my wheels and tires on monday the 8th from florida, so pretty much i should get them by aug 15 maybe 16-17 at the latest(i've ordered stuff from florida before) I realy hope what he says is true because I'm sure some people stand to loose out on alot of money. thank god i paid with my visa! I personally have already started the process of reversing the charges, which my visa card was glad to do mercedes benz visa by the way!! If my wheels happen to show up when he says there supposed to I'll call off the dogs, everyone messes up sometimes, I'm a 2nd chance kinda guy. but If he doesn't come through and wastes my frign time and the whole summer w/ no 19's on the 55! lololol I can be in B.C. in 2 hrs Harris! lolololol you can run but you can't hide :p
Old 08-11-2005, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
This is definitely a lesson to me as I am about to embark on a large expansion of my business. Wow, that sure was a shocker. You would think getting business would be a good thing, instead it could be Harris's downfall. I guess I need to have a better plan ready in case work floods in as it did in Harris's case.

One could lose his core customers AND new customers....yikes.

Best of luck Harris.....hope you get the above problem rectified asap.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:13 PM

2009 C63
I have had wheels and tires ordered through Harris for several months and even changed my mind after ordering and he was very accomodating. After placing the original order, I found a better price, notified him and he offered to reduce his price accordingly to match the lower price I had found. My goods have yet to be delivered but I have confidence he will come through based on the several emails he has sent me the past few days giving me updates.
I have seen several posts where he was getting some bad press, where he wasn't responding, etc. and each time I spoke to him via email and he always responded back immediately to me. He had started to share what was occurring with his business a bit and it was obvious he was under and has been under a lot of stress concerning what was going on. I am glad to see his post to tell everyone else what he has been experiencing.
Obviously the proof is in the pudding, as they say, but I trust he does what he says he will do and believe he will come through for each of us that has ordered from him. If not, there are recovery options available for us. Not that anyone wants to use this recourse.
I own a General Contracting/Real Estate Development business and run with a small staff. I have to rely on my staff to make the correct decisions and be trustworthy. Yes, I have checks and balances in place to, hopefully, have red flags pop up if something goes awry but not everything is caught at times and you have to deal with things after the fact. I had an accountant who misplaced some owner funds, walked into my office one day and said we need $50,000 within two days for payroll because she had made several entry errors into our books. I had to write the check from my personal account. Everyone got paid, no jobs were affected but I was pissed. And she is gone. But it happened and I had to deal with it as the sole owner of my company.
Let's give Harris a chance to make things right. I, for one, wish him the best.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:13 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
Like silver55, I am confident that Harris will make things right.

Sending an "open letter" to this board, admitting that there was indeed mismanagment to begin with, and providing assurance to make things right, convinced me to give him another chance. I truly believe that the "screw-ups" were beyond his control, yet he accepts full responsibility for all the things that went wrong, no buts. Evidently, this is going to be a very expensive learning experience for Harris. And it appears that he is willing and able to pay for it, just to make things right.

Harris, I hope things will get better for you. And from one fanatic MB owner to another, I hope we can continue to do business as soon as you're ready.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:05 PM

I have dealt with Harris on several occasions and spoken to him on the phone many time. He is a hard and honest businessman that treats his customers like friends more than clients; I would recommend anyone to deal with him.

Good luck buddy i know things will workout for you

Last edited by Mattar; 08-11-2005 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E63, Audi R8 4.2, Panamera S, Range Rover Sport GT
wow, best of luck to you my friend....i know how hard it is to run solo
Old 08-15-2005, 10:12 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by lee2375
wow, best of luck to you my friend....i know how hard it is to run solo

Speaking of stand up business people...Lee of Wheelexperts gets my vote!

When the M5 comes (whenever that is, Lee I will def. hook up with you again!)
Old 08-15-2005, 10:48 PM

its sad to see a good seller go. good luck in the future and dont forget to come back and visit us.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:30 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
still waiting on that tracking number Harris.
for those who don't know Harris sells a assortment of stuff for our cars, he sold me a set of wheels and tires 12 weeks ago/ have any shown up yet? NO.
Harris has told me the same exact thing he just posted yesterday on the 9th.
he also told me he shipped out my wheels and tires on monday the 8th from florida, so pretty much i should get them by aug 15 maybe 16-17 at the latest(i've ordered stuff from florida before) I realy hope what he says is true because I'm sure some people stand to loose out on alot of money. thank god i paid with my visa! I personally have already started the process of reversing the charges, which my visa card was glad to do mercedes benz visa by the way!! If my wheels happen to show up when he says there supposed to I'll call off the dogs, everyone messes up sometimes, I'm a 2nd chance kinda guy. but If he doesn't come through and wastes my frign time and the whole summer w/ no 19's on the 55! lololol I can be in B.C. in 2 hrs Harris! lolololol you can run but you can't hide :p
I'm on the phone w/ my CC company right now to start that reversal process...Harris' has had my $$$ tied up since Feb!!! I org ordered PSS9's from him, he had a delay in getting them so he advise me to go elsewhere and he will refund my money according, so I did...did I get my refund yet? .....NO! ...I'm assuming the current delay is due to the lack of funds as the company probably is going under because his "partners who have betrayed him" cleaned him out and he's probably trying to do damage control w/ that "open letter" ...in his letter, he claims he has his "ample personal" funds which he will be using to settle debts....but I highly doubt it...he's using that merely as a smokescreen so that his customers don't get freaked out...if he had these "alleged" funds, I would of had my $2300 refund by now...we've been going back and forth on this issue of getting me my refund for 2 months now...his excuses ranged from "my accountant didn't do what they were suppose to, I was busy the last few months, to....I sent it the address you gave..it didn't get there??" (email conversation dialog available upon request, too lengthy to paste here)......I mean how hard is it to issue a check and put it in the mail??? then he goes and claims that he had the check Fedex to me last Wednesday after I threaten to get my attorney involved, and up until this morning...no check.. .and that Fedex tracking number he gave me? .Bogus!! , I just got off the phone w/ Fedex...no such number exists (that should be a red flag of somethings bad to come)......I have read many posts praising Harris in the past, but I think that the current issue that's going on w/ his company has put the situation out of his control to an extent, and I just want to put my experience out here for those who have orders/refunds pending as a WARNING/HEADS UP (not to flame) to start placing your dispute request now to your CC company (hopefully you paid using CC)....I have a bad feeling that HartonMotorworks will be going under soon....so don't get assed out!

Last edited by DbleNckel; 08-17-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thats totally what he's doing, i thought that from day 1! his last letter to me was "oh i'm buying you new rimms" yea right! and he also said he might be walking away from this company. "oh really!" you think? right after you bk it and protect yourself from being sued! lolololol
its all a smoke screen i just didn't want to be the first one to bust him out.
his little trip which happened to turn into a longer trip was B.S. also.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:46 AM

05' MB C-dblenckel
his last letter to me was "oh i'm buying you new rimms"
are you serious about his statement about buying you new rims????? he gave me the same line and told me he was going to give me an extra $700 for my troubles/interest accrued....I should of known better than to believe him and give him more time....

right after you bk it and protect yourself from being sued! lolololol
its all a smoke screen i just didn't want to be the first one to bust him out.
his little trip which happened to turn into a longer trip was B.S. also.
my thoughts exactly!!!! you hit that right on the nose w/ the bankruptcy....that's why I said enough was enough and put the dispute in w/ my CC company..I'm not giving him more time so that he can go through and file for the bk...

its all a smoke screen i just didn't want to be the first one to bust him out.his little trip which happened to turn into a longer trip was B.S. also.
neither did I, I wanted to at least give him the benefit of the doubt based on the good rep he HAD w/ other forum members, but my naive self should of known that is was very unusual for a business of his volume to require that much time (2 months!!) to issue a simple refund check... so he pulled the "longer trip" excuse on you too??

Last edited by DbleNckel; 08-18-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If I have ANY intention to cheat or scam everybody's money, I can just vanished from the planet. I dont even need to post this open letter or create the so-called "smoke screen". I am not asking for anyone's sympathy, I think I have the obligation to let my customers know what is going on. I am only asking for some time to straighten things out. I only knew about the problem AFTER I came back from NY (which is Aug 5). I have done business with a lot of members in here over the past 3 years and not once have I failed to deliver or cheated on anyone's money. And I have always been given high praise, customers come to me because of my reputation. I am not trying to shift responsibility in any way, instead, I chose to face the problems.

Yes, offering free parts to my customers sound too good to be true. I always like to do crazy things. If you have the patience, just wait 'till you receive the compensation, then say something. If you dont have the patience, too bad. I have so many problems to deal with and I really dont have any time to defend myself or talk anymore BS in here. I always insist on one thing: I will NEVER leave my customers behind until I have settled with every single one of you before deciding the fade of the company. If anyone has any doubt, so be it.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
I hate to admit it, but Harris also has my money and has been giving me all kinds of stories. Sometime in late January I paid him for an AMG LSD that was supposed to arrive in late March or April. When May came around, the stories started coming in via email. "I can not locate the package", "LSD comes in two boxes, I only located one of them" and so on. Finally, Harris told me that he can not deliver the LSD.
I have purchased 18" CLK wheels and tires and a PSS9 from Harris in the past and he delivered it all without any issues. So, the LSD did not worked out. No problem. Just give me my money back. That's when new stories started. "I don't have to give you a refund", "the check is in the mail", "the wire transfer has been rejected", "the accountant cuts the checks only twice a month", "I will give you $500 for blah, blah, blah". And now this fake "open" letter? Give me a break. It this point I have contacted my credit company, my lawyer and a collection agency.
And for all of the apologiests and defenders of Harris Tsu: put your money where you mouth is and buy something from him. May be then he will have the money to pay me back.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:49 PM

I drive a E55T, SLK55 and 65 Mustang Conv.
Hi all,
I have no money invested with Harris and have never dealtwith him a seller so have no comment on him at all. I will warn those ofyou that are having problems and have paid by credit card that most CC companies give you 6 months from the purchase date to dispute a sale. If your 6 months is coming up you might want to call them and check their rules.
Kim
Old 08-18-2005, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
So Harris is turning out to be another Stephens. I wonder whatever happened to him. He was very likeable too until he stole everyone's money.

There was something about Harris that I didn't care for right from the beginning. Just can' point my finger at it.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:03 AM

E500 , G55 , GS300
Good job harris
i have waited 3 months still no delivery have been made to my AMG side sill plates!!!

i will reverse the payment if you never response to my email
you have 48 hour to return my mail and resolved the problem
Old 08-19-2005, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Harris
If I have ANY intention to cheat or scam everybody's money, I can just vanished from the planet. I dont even need to post this open letter or create the so-called "smoke screen". I am not asking for anyone's sympathy, I think I have the obligation to let my customers know what is going on. I am only asking for some time to straighten things out. I only knew about the problem AFTER I came back from NY (which is Aug 5). I have done business with a lot of members in here over the past 3 years and not once have I failed to deliver or cheated on anyone's money. And I have always been given high praise, customers come to me because of my reputation. I am not trying to shift responsibility in any way, instead, I chose to face the problems.

Yes, offering free parts to my customers sound too good to be true. I always like to do crazy things. If you have the patience, just wait 'till you receive the compensation, then say something. If you dont have the patience, too bad. I have so many problems to deal with and I really dont have any time to defend myself or talk anymore BS in here. I always insist on one thing: I will NEVER leave my customers behind until I have settled with every single one of you before deciding the fade of the company. If anyone has any doubt, so be it.
Hey buddie we all entered into deals with you in good faith but it doesn't take this long to make it right, I'm not worried about my money, but I am fuking pissed to the max that I wasted all summer on you! I'm so disgusted that i said *** the rimms and bought myself a fat rolex! I'll bust rimms next summer. in the mean time you've already left your customers behind, you've lied to us and led us on, I have all your emails and I'm gonna give you about 3 more weeks before i flame the *** out of you. and if you try to run or hide or pop up somewere else to do business on the net I'm gonna pop up to keep you in check thanks to my uncle who is gathering info on you as we speak(should have report back by tuesday) oh by the way he's a high up in the state dept so basically your fuked. I'm gonna know more about you than you do. peace.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Harris, can I buy some HREs from you?
Old 08-20-2005, 04:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by Harris

I have no bones with Harris, but this is a great time-buying exercise!
Give the man credit...LOL
Old 08-20-2005, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"I'm going to wait 3 more weeks on top of the entire summer and then I'm going to flame you!!!"

Wow, I can't believe he doesn't deliver your money back to you today- personally.

Harris, you take these people's money and then give some LAME excuses followed by a "I'm not taking any more BS on this forum" type quote. You've taken and spent their money, and now you don't have it to refund. I don't care if you're the godfather of their children with a 100 year record of perfect service- you have now become a crook.

Anyone who has not/does not take immediate action concerning their money, either civil or criminal, is crazy.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:08 PM

Talk is cheap. Action speaks volumes.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I would suggest everyone to move for charge reversal ASAP.

It's not like it is going to hurt Harris (few bucks profit I guess) He would probably welcome the move and then the only thing lost is time. Course time seems to be more valuable than anything nowdays.

It's not like we are turning the guy in for terrorism or something, just call your card company and start the process of reversal. He won't admit it, but I am sure he wants this old business off his back as soon as possible.

The tone of his last post should be a wake up call to anyone who has outstanding items...."don't have time to BS on this forum"..the forum that brought him the success to start the 2nd business.

Don't wait gents, call that card company NOW. If you get your items while processing the reversal, just have the company cancel. No biggee.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:23 PM

E500 , G55 , GS300
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I would suggest everyone to move for charge reversal ASAP.

It's not like it is going to hurt Harris (few bucks profit I guess) He would probably welcome the move and then the only thing lost is time. Course time seems to be more valuable than anything nowdays.

It's not like we are turning the guy in for terrorism or something, just call your card company and start the process of reversal. He won't admit it, but I am sure he wants this old business off his back as soon as possible.

The tone of his last post should be a wake up call to anyone who has outstanding items...."don't have time to BS on this forum"..the forum that brought him the success to start the 2nd business.

Don't wait gents, call that card company NOW. If you get your items while processing the reversal, just have the company cancel. No biggee.

i have reverse the payment
harris is a ****ing ****
Old 08-21-2005, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
I am one of the people that got scammed, in my case for ~$1500. I looked back through my records, and my wheel was ordered back in April of last year and was supposedly sent out to be CF'd to match my interior. I got all of the same delay excuses, and I've been busy enough that it wasn't really a priority and only started getting concerned in the last month or two. At this point, I don't think I have much ability for any recourse, but I am filing an internet fraud complaint with the US gov't. If anyone has any suggestions, please keep me in the loop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: An open letter to my customers