Sponsored by:

Fellow iPOD Moder's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL 350 on order
Fellow iPOD Moder's

Owners: wanted to discuss my issues with other people that had the iPOD integrated system installed recently. 1. I cant wind up the volume when Im playing my music with iPOD as source-did I record something wrong? When Im using my CD changer the volume is is variable, with tthe ipod it is confined to a small range and the volume on the NAV voice isnt compensated for volume like it is with the comand system playing, in fact you can barely hear the NAV unless you listen closely and turning the volume knob doesn't increase it. I have other concerns but lets make this a forum and compare experiences-thanks in advance- Joker
Old 09-13-2005, 03:30 PM

07 S65
My nav is that way right now. I have the nav volume up to the max and you can barely hear the voice so you may have another problem. I had my ipod kit installed last week and it doesn't work at all. Nothing, no sound, no controls, not a! Car is back in the shop today to get the problem fixed. I'll post after I get the car back. Good luck with yours.

Derrick
Old 09-13-2005, 05:56 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
Originally Posted by JokerzWld
Owners: wanted to discuss my issues with other people that had the iPOD integrated system installed recently. 1. I cant wind up the volume when Im playing my music with iPOD as source-did I record something wrong? When Im using my CD changer the volume is is variable, with tthe ipod it is confined to a small range and the volume on the NAV voice isnt compensated for volume like it is with the comand system playing, in fact you can barely hear the NAV unless you listen closely and turning the volume knob doesn't increase it. I have other concerns but lets make this a forum and compare experiences-thanks in advance- Joker
I noticed my volumes were off when I installed mine, but I changed that by re-adjusting them.

NAV: hit the RPT button and as the NAV voice talks, adjust the volume to your desired level.
IPOD: do the same
CD: do the same

The Mercedes remembers different volumes for different inputs. You won't be able to change the volume on the ipod through the ipod, only through the command.

The above method worked for me. Good luck!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:17 PM

2014 GL 350 on order
GMdebruyn: this is why this forum is so good for tech info-Ill try this 'trick' and see if it corrects it. Why would my dealership not be aware of this and re-calibrate the settings? Oh well-not the first time Joker
Old 09-13-2005, 11:51 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
Originally Posted by JokerzWld
GMdebruyn: this is why this forum is so good for tech info-Ill try this 'trick' and see if it corrects it. Why would my dealership not be aware of this and re-calibrate the settings? Oh well-not the first time Joker
why would the dealership not know this? after i installed everything myself i called my mechanic (at the dealership) and confirmed that i had done everything properly. he responded that it sounded good but since he had not done one himself, he didn't know. when they installed my phone, they forgot to upgrade the software which provided power to the antenna. took them a week to figure out why the reception was so poor. can't entirely blame them though, they have to work on current models and models 20 years back. perhaps the people putting together the instructions might want to include some of the more subtle details for the dealerships... (mbusa).
Old 09-15-2005, 05:09 PM

07 S65
Got my ipod fixed today at the dealer. It finally works almost. The shuffle menu plays must in alphabetical order? Is that correct? I didn't notice this before and it doesn't opperate like that in my home. Also, to change songs I have to hit the up button twice. Sometimes it will change on the first push other times it just starts the same song over? Any info on this guys? Let me know.

Derrick
Old 09-15-2005, 07:24 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
push the down button to go to the next song. up begins your song again or starts the prior song.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:01 PM

07 S65
I did figure that much but, does it play in alphabetical order? I thought it would shuffle the songs the way the ipod does?
Old 09-15-2005, 08:12 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
i'll look this weekend. i do not beiieve so, but i could be wrong.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:02 AM

2014 GL 350 on order
gmdebruyn: the tip to hit the rpt button worked for the nav volume but i dont understand how to do it for the iPOD in the vehicle-thanks! I have noticed that when Im playing cd from the changer you can really wind up the volume but the iPOD doesn't have the volume capacity- Jokerz
Old 09-16-2005, 02:56 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
hmmm
my ipod plays as high as the cd. i'll run a test this afternoon when i go driving. try jacking up the ipod volume on the ipod unit before connecting. just an idea. but i'll get back to you if i find anything.