W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gustav the hypocrite:

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-07-2005, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 E63 AMG
What Comes AFTER the Beast is Gone??

What are we going to do for low-end torque once they stop producing the supercharged 55's?? Will all the fun be over for us? I'm with Siswati - I don't care if my car can pull from 150 - 200 mph, I want it to get from 0-60 faster than the guy next to me at the stop light! So, anybody have an answer?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by oblax4
What are we going to do for low-end torque once they stop producing the supercharged 55's?? Will all the fun be over for us? I'm with Siswati - I don't care if my car can pull from 150 - 200 mph, I want it to get from 0-60 faster than the guy next to me at the stop light! So, anybody have an answer?
Ditto
Old 11-07-2005, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I hate to be the "Gustav" of Mercedes in that I am sticking with them no matter what, but I just can't stop looking at the ML63 numbers....a near 5000lb vehicle pulling 4.9 0-60. Unless I am wayyyy off and 99% of the time I am, 1000lb less E63 has to pull near the same 0-60 as what we have now or a few tenths better.

Now where I start to drift away from the Tri Star Corp is when you start talking mods....yup, besides exhaust and then the ecu mod....what we see is what we are gonna get and that reallllly sucks.

I believe Benz is gonna raise the rear end ratio to improve 0-60 times...basically all they can do as they drop all that torque.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by oblax4

You keep your beast. For years to come, even with cars getting ever faster, the 55K cars are still going to be hard hitting. As time goes on and cars get faster and faster, you can easily compensate with basic mods if need be. These 55K cars are now infamous. They will still be feared and respected for many years to come.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:16 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
You keep your beast. For years to come, even with cars getting ever faster, the 55K cars are still going to be hard hitting. As time goes on and cars get faster and faster, you can easily compensate with basic mods if need be. These 55K cars are now infamous. They will still be feared and respected for many years to come.
as long as we all don't have to switch fuel sources and the new performance car on the block is the Prius55.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by gmdebruyn
as long as we all don't have to switch fuel sources and the new performance car on the block is the Prius55.
I agree with you on that one!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:22 PM
MBH

2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
Don't know him, Don't care to ever know him and all he does is bug the S&*# out of all of us. What more do you want?????????

At least I own an E55 and don't go around bugging folks that own one!!!!!

Originally Posted by RezF
That is un-called for!
Gustav is not a jerk, you apparently are for making such a statement!
He is posting here WITHIN THE BYLAWS that govern this forum! Simple as that!! Now, get your panties out of a twist
Old 11-10-2005, 05:40 AM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
Originally Posted by RezF
That is un-called for!
Gustav is not a jerk, you apparently are for making such a statement!
He is posting here WITHIN THE BYLAWS that govern this forum! Simple as that!! Now, get your panties out of a twist
Someone should take one of Gustav's posts, do a search and replace on the word 'M5', replacing it with 'E55' and see if Gustav bans the post.

We're just saying if he's going to post his stuff here, he should allow the same type of stuff or less to be posted on his forum. Anyone says anything left of center about his precious M5 and "no soup for you!"
Old 11-10-2005, 08:59 AM

MB E 430 Wagon Avantgarde
for Gustav!
Old 11-12-2005, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Gustav gets nailed in his own forum again:

First, he took my video, which was posted in his Race Stories forum, and moved it to the Off Topic forum. Then, he lied and claimed that this was done because the video had no BMW content. So, I busted him by pointing out that 1) there were and still are numerous other videos in his Off Topic forum with no BMW content, and that 2) he, personally, had posted several of these.

His response:

Censor that thread too.

Throughout, he and moderator kees have continued to delete my responses.

And now he has the ballz to falsely claim that all of the videos he posted here have Mercedes content, still trying to deflect even after I showed that he posted videos with no BMW content in his own forum.

But guess what? He lied about that too. Here is a video he posted in our forums with no Mercedes content, a BMW M6 versus an Audi RS4:
https://mbworld.org/forums/kill-stories/123959-bmw-m6-vs-911-turbo-highly-tuned-rs4-sl55-amg-race-upcoming.html

You can see me nail him here...at least until he censors it.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...8&postcount=11

Originally Posted by Gustav
Deleted two threads from Improviz. Regarding our moderating it can be discussed in the OT section since it is really Off Topic. Ive said it numerous times Impro: your welcome with a race story video trhat contains a BMW M vehicle. You only post one E55 on NOS in a dragstrip, which is clearly no BMW M car in. I posted BMW M6 vs SL55 AMG video on mbworld.org which makes perfect snece since there is -ta da- an SL55 AMG in the movie racing an M6. That is not trolling that is straigh on topic. The problem you seem to have is the fact that the tuned SL55 AMG loses.

Originally Posted by improviz
Another attempt at spin from you, Gustav. Here is a video you posted in our fourm of--ta da--a BMW M6 versus an Audi RS4.

https://mbworld.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=123959

Busted again.

Further, as I already pointed out and as anyone who goes to your Race Stories can see for him/herself:

1) the forum has many videos with NO BMW content;

2) many of these videos were posted by you, personally.

Why do you keep spinning this? The facts are as clear as day. You exercise a clear double standard here, and any blind man could see it.
He'll censor this, just as he censors any critical discussion about BMWs. Friggin' ****...

(Thanks, NOTKTS!! )
Old 11-12-2005, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Hahaa, the **** already deleted it!!

Honestly, moderators: can't we give this ***** a taste of his own medicine???
Old 11-12-2005, 02:17 PM

I think that guys videos are bull****, the turbo smokes him, who cares if he pulls away when he gets into the triple digits, he has a v10 against a flat 6, i hope hed pull away. And he was racing a modded sl55, i still dont think that an M6 would beat that. Eh i dont know i think his races are crap. Whats next? Is he gonna beat an sl65? And then a modded sl65? Is he then gonna beat an enzo or a lingenfelter corvette? He also races some people on a high speed role so that his v10 has an advantage, i dont know thats lame to me.

Last edited by SargeinAZ; 11-12-2005 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Its interesting that none of the mods have anything to say about this. I guess they dont care that he's a proven liar and hypocrit and has a negative effect here.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
Its interesting that none of the mods have anything to say about this. I guess they dont care that he's a proven liar and hypocrit and has a negative effect here.
Yes, and he won't even allow me to respond to his lies. Here, he lies in a response to me:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...4&postcount=10

And here is my response. I have responded three times that he's posted non-Mercedes content videos in our Kill Stories forum, and that's the issue, and he won't even allow my posts to remain. He's deleted the first two (including the one I quoted above; try the link!), and I imagine he'll delete this one too, if he hasn't already.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...3&postcount=11
Old 11-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Improviz, in your latest post you had typed the link, but closed it off with the incorrect tag, I went ahead and edited your post and fixed it for you

Velocit, the moderators try to check all the threads, but it's hard
Old 11-12-2005, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Improviz, in your latest post you had typed the link, but closed it off with the incorrect tag, I went ahead and edited your post and fixed it for you
Lol, so that's what happened!! I had noticed this after posting it and clicked on the "edit" button, but when it came back up it was an end url tag...I was scratching my head over that one!!

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Velocit, the moderators try to check all the threads, but it's hard
I just hate this Gustav. His co-censor kees admitted that BMW gives them these press cars to evaluate for three days, and then had the gall to claim that no marketing is involved...lol. I'm sure that BMW is giving them these cars out of the goodness of their heart, just as I'm sure that it's sheer coincidence that Gustav began barraging us with M5/M6 videos first when the M5 was first released in Europe, and now again that it's been released here.

Sheer coincidence, I'm certain...no marketing at all going on there...

I'd be willing to bet that this was one of the conditions BMW demanded of him to settle their suit of his using bmwm5.com .
Old 11-13-2005, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Latest post to reply to Gustav the censoring ****:

Here's my latest response, after he deleted my previous one, in which I noted that it was cheap and unfair of him to leave his accusatory response to me up, while moderating my posts.

Here is the link, which will doubtlessly be deleted along with the others because Gustav is nothing but a punk and a coward too intellectually dishonest to debate in his own forum:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...4&postcount=11

And here is the text of my soon-to-be-deleted by the net **** post:
Originally Posted by Improviz
Delete it again, Gustav. You posted--ta da--a non-Mercedes content in our Race Stories forum. And you are too intellectually dishonest to let the people of this forum know the truth, which is why you keep cowardly deleting my posts.

What is funny is that hundreds of people here, and thousands at our forum, now know that you have absolutely zero credibility and trustworthiness thanks to your ham-handed handling of this thread. Delete my posts all you like, but you cannot delete the facts. Thousands now know the real Gustav, and thus your credibility has suffered, deservedly so. Your behavior is documented, no matter how many posts you delete.

Truly pathetic.
And it is. To anyone who takes Gustav or his videos seriously or thinks he is trustworthy or credulous: take a good look at his behavior in our forums and in his. He is a paid stooge, a ***** for BMW who markets their cars using videos of BMW-provided test cars while stifling anyone who posts favorable comparisons of Mercedes vehicles on his own forum.

In other words, he is a pathetic, lying piece of ****, nothing more.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Latest deleted reply to Gustav the NetNazi:

His responses to me are, and my responses to him--before kees, his co-**** moderator, stepped in and deleted Gustav's lies about his prior moderation and banning of our members. Here is the deleted post's url:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...9&postcount=42

Originally Posted by Improviz
hilsman was not respectign fellow members, in fact he was rude.
Prove it, please. Please post an example of any violation byhim of your terms of service.

I have asked this of you on multiple occasions, and you have refused. Why? If there is proof of his being rude, provide it. It should be simple enough; I can tell you that in the five posts he's made which remain, he in no way, shape, or form was "rude".

Here is a link to all of the posts he's made, followed by quotes of his posts in their entirety. Please identify any statement he's made which makes him worthy of being banned:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sea...nduser&u=13540

Originally Posted by hilsman
first post:
Gustav,

For years I drove BMW's so I do not have any negative feelings toward the brand....however I did have two engine replacements which I've never had from any other manufacurer and I've about sampled them all.

I find the M-5 a wonderful car and can even live with the styling and completely agree as to its ability to track and incredible acceleration.

However, all E-55 AMG's are not created equal and I know of several here in the USA that would not be put to "sleep" by a "stock" E-60 M-5. In fact I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. I will pay for your air fare and shipping expenses for your "stock" M-5 to be shipped over plus all hotel and traveling expense IF you can out distance my E-55 from 0-225 with original equipment tires...I have less than 1250 US$ invested in upgrades. If you lose and I obviously believe you will then you're out the money. I suggest you not take the bet unless your 0-200k times are less than 12 seconds.

I doubt you'll let this stay on your board but I am entirely serious about my wager and will happily put money in an escrow account of our agreement.....the gaunlet has been dropped.....Gray

second post:
Gustav,

The point is I don't have extensive mods ..I did them myself and I'm no mechanic just a doctor...and I probably exaggerated the amount I spent...they are safe, don't effect daily drivability, and easily removed if desired.

I have no doubt as to the veracity of your experiences,however, I don't believe I would have lost prior to mods as my times were under 13 secs(0-200k) and the best I've seen on the M-5 is just under 14 secs...13.8??? I am not trying to start a flame war but your post would lead readers to think that the "stock" M-5 will easily out distance any "stock" E-55 to 225k and this is simply not true...on a mountain road I probaby wouldn't even see your taillights but on a straight...I don't think so.

Generalizations about out distancing "one" E-55 to your assessment that all E-55's will fall prey just want hold up once the cars meet in the real world. We'll just have to see.

However, the offer still stands.....you'd love the weather here this time of year and we'd show you true "Southern" hospitality...Gray

third post:
This will be my last post as I only wanted to make a point that generalizations can be misleading.....we all have part of our egos invested in these cars...sure all the bench racing/ magazine racing/Sunday racing in the world is nothing more than to use your words Adam.."a pissing contest"...to think that it's unusual to want a faster or more luxurious car and subsequently compare to others is simply human nature...it may be adolescent but its not unusual!

Most people make challenges or retorts but never back them up...I am not interested in defending the "honor of MB "or challenging the mighty "king" per se but I have trouble with generalizations and if you read Gustav's post carefully its there.... I disagreed and was willing to enlighten him a bit....no offense intended.

It seems the idea of a thousand dollars in mods was an issue (gee guys its just a $1000...probably less than the price of gas Gustav used on his trip) and if anyone viewed my challenge as anything other than a reaction to what I thought a biased generalization I apologize.

As to the remark regarding immaturity.....I thank God every day for it....really do you think anyone whose truly mature would be posting on these forums..,.Gray

fourth post:
Stumbo,

Finally someone over here does see my point....you are precisely correct.

I never bashed the car nor its driver's...nor would I.....but I've been around long enough to know that when something looks way too good to be true it probably is......and that "roadtest" met all the criteria....I'm with you though we'll wait and see.

However some of the members here remind me of angry dogs that end up biting themselves in their fury......Derek FSU who started the thread on mbworld has one of the first US M-5's to arrive this fall and eagerly awaits its arrival....and he almost is banned today.

May we all live long lives and enjoy the ride...for as that sage Jim Morrison once wrote....."keep your eyes on the road and you hands upon the wheel"

Peace...Gray

fifth post:
Just Me,

My name is Gray..I always sign my posts.
So that is, in your mind, a violation of the terms of service, rude, and worthy of banning him? For what?? Challenging you to a race???

Here is your big chance, Gustav: please explain what, in any of those posts, constitutes or even approaches a violation of your terms of use.

DerekFSU is a member, because he now owns an M5 Just kidding. I was threatening to ban him if he would not behave, true. I told him that he have to be respectful to fellow members, otherwise he is not welcome here. In anycase he was not banned so it is not an issue.
To be clear, let's again look at the post for which you threatened to ban him:

Originally Posted by DerekFSU
So 0-200km/h is about 120 mph which is barely farther than a 1/4 mile. I'm not accusing anyone, but 14.6 seconds to 120 mph is ABSOLUTELY incorrect when the E55 traps at approximately 115.

Additionally, your times show the Gallardo 1.6 seconds faster to 200km/hr. In a quarter mile, that would make it run about 11 seconds flat. Hmmmm, probably not. Now we're saying that the M5 is equal in speed so therefore the new M5 runs close to 11 flat?

For lack of real world times, all we can do is compare magazine times. But dragtimes.com is real times plus magazine times. ALL of them are from 12.3-12.6.

This is the best report on M5 performance so far. As we get closer and closer we will continue to share, argue, debate, and discuss until they finally line up at the track and even then folks will have to see it or themselves.

And whoever thinks Americans don't drive their cars into triple digits is on crack. Just because it's not legal doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Again: please explain what Derek wrote in that post which constitutes a violation of your terms of service.

Impro: serch on your nam and see how many neutral posts you have done on the BMW topic. I think that will be hard to find. Furthermre I have written many posts about mercedes where I am admiring some of their cars.
My problem is not with your being biased; my problem is with your using your position in this forum to shut people down for nothing. And I again, which makes this probably ten times now in this forum and in ours, invite you to simply answer my questions:

- what did hilsman do in any of those posts which violated your terms of service?

- what did Derek do in any of his posts which violated your terms of service?

- why was my video moved from the Race Stories forum? You claim that this was because it was a non-BMW video and/or only had one car, yet to this day there are still both non-BMW videos and videos of single cars, many of which were posted by you, posted in the forum. If my video was moved for the reasons you gave, can you please explain why the others were not moved?

Why do you refuse to answer?

But I will not spend time on you to try to convince you, I know you would not try to understand, even if AMG emploees came up to you and told you what I am trying to say.
You certainly won't convince me with your continued refusal to answer my valid questions....why do you refuse to answer?
Old 11-14-2005, 02:17 PM

Wow, hello people. Is it me you are talking about? Actually I didnt touch the OT forum discussioon with Impro after my latest post:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...9&postcount=39

In anycase, so you people think it is not OK to post BMW vs. AMG cars in the relevant forums here? SL55 AMG vs M5 is on topic for SL55. Same with E55 etc.

So that is not OK? Fine then Ill stop. You asked me for the video when I did not post it?

Ruf Turbo R vs BMW M6 will be upcoming, but I gues that is of now interest of you.

Improviz: dont call me names thanks. I dont call you names. Keep the discussion proffesional and mature thanks.

I have banned hilsman because he did not behave towards fellow members. That was that E55 owner. Of course I allow Mercedes posts, I really liked this last one:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62015

But if Impro goes and post a video of NOS E55 doign a wquartermile it is not a BMW M5 topic, but Impro does not see this. I have welcomed Impro to show a M5 vs E55 video but he has not so far.

Last edited by Gustav; 11-14-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Wow, hello people. Is it me you are talking about? Actually I didnt touch the OT forum discussioon with Impro after my latest post:

So who deleted the post I replicated here, then, the one immediately above your post which contains those nastly little questions which you refuse to answer? Someone did, Gustav.

Further, you made accusations against me in your post on the Competitors forum and repeatedly deleted every response I made.

In anycase, so you people think it is not OK to post BMW vs. AMG cars in the relevant forums here? SL55 AMG vs M5 is on topic for SL55. Same with E55 etc.

So that is not OK? Fine then Ill stop. You asked me for the video when I did not post it?
Gustav, please, stop: I have proven to you in multiple posts now that this statement is untrue: you posted videos here of a BMW M5 versus a Porsche Turbo *AND* an Audi RS4--neither of which are Mercedes products--while you claimed that my post was moved from your Race Stories forum because it had either "no BMW content" or "only contained one car", BOTH of which are false: I also proved in my links above that:

1) there were, and still are, videos in your Race Stories BOTH of non-BMW automobiles AND of single cars;

2) many of these videos were posted by YOU.

This is crystal clear.

The issue here is the hypocrisy, along with your posting videos here of your BMW-provided test cars to incite people while banning people like hilsman.

Ruf Turbo R vs BMW M6 will be upcoming, but I gues that is of now interest of you.

Improviz: dont call me names thanks. I dont call you names. Keep the discussion proffesional and mature thanks.
Like your moderator, kees, did in his posts calling me an "idiot" and "an insecure little boy"?? Puh-leeze. Start practicing what you preach and people might actually start taking you seriously.

Originally Posted by gustav
I have banned hilsman because he did not behave towards fellow members.
Another false statement. I have reproduced ALL of hilsman's posts both on your forum (which you deleted) and above (which is the thread you deleted), and asked you, repeatedly, to explain what in either his or Derek's posts was rude or deserving of being banned. You have repeatedly refused to answer, and as anyone can see simply by reading the posts themselves, your repeated claims of "rudeness" simply do not wash.

Therefore, one can only conclude that you are intentionally trying to deceive people, which, FYI, is a violation of OUR terms of service.

But if Impro goes and post a video of NOS E55 doign a wquartermile it is not a BMW M5 topic, but Impro does not see this. I have welcomed Impro to show a M5 vs E55 video but he has not so far.
Which translates to "You cannot do the same things in my forums that I do in your forums or I will censor your posts".

"Do as I say, not as I do."
Old 11-14-2005, 03:37 PM

If anyone caleld you names in my site I will tkae tha tup. If so I apologize but I cannot control what a moderator does 100% of the time.

Fine, I wont post any non-Mercedes race story here. Ill jsuut post AMG vs BMW M kills Thats fine.

I deleted your posts i nthe Competirors section since they were OFF TOPIC, and that is where the discussio ncontinued.

Reproduce hilsmans posts? Ye,s I see that he was rude and he was banned. Derek is not banned. And you are not either, so far

Casn we pelase try to post a s short posts as possibler, I siimply dotn have the time to read toooo long posts.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Spell check anyone ?

If anyone caleld you names in my site I will tkae tha tup. If so I apologize but I cannot control what a moderator does 100% of the time.

Fine, I wont post any non-Mercedes race story here. Ill jsuut post AMG vs BMW M kills Thats fine.

I deleted your posts i nthe Competirors section since they were OFF TOPIC, and that is where the discussio ncontinued.

Reproduce hilsmans posts? Ye,s I see that he was rude and he was banned. Derek is not banned. And you are not either, so far

Casn we pelase try to post a s short posts as possibler, I siimply dotn have the time to read toooo long posts.

Man, I am *** dizzy trying to read this train wreck of a post..... wow.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:51 PM

Tell me about it. I have tried to tell Impro to be short in his replies. Ive lost hima few days ago with all the quotes

That is Gordon Gekko on your avatar. "Are you naive enough tho think that we live in a democracy". Wake up kid, will you!

Originally Posted by benzondubz
Man, I am *** dizzy trying to read this train wreck of a post..... wow.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Tell me about it. I have tried to tell Impro to be short in his replies. Ive lost hima few days ago with all the quotes

That is Gordon Gekko on your avatar. "Are you naive enough tho think that we live in a democracy". Wake up kid, will you!
LOL ! Go get your g.e.d. roach.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG

I have banned hilsman because he did not behave towards fellow members. That was that E55 owner. Of course I allow Mercedes posts, I really liked this last one:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62015

Man, are you thick! No one here has a problem with E55 vs M5 vids, we have a problem with the way you conduct yours. If you want us to stop *****ing, line the two cars up and go from a stop. Nobody cares about races from a 60mph roll, who the F does that? Races in the real world are from a stop. And in the real world, the E55 will pull the M5 to the 1320' mark. This, I suspect, is precisely why you wont make a vid of these two cars running eachother from a standstill. Bad marketing right.

The other problem is the fact that you post Vids here and then delete or move vids that we post in the Race Stories Forum over there. WTF is that about? You claim our vids were moved or deleted due to a lack of BMW content and yet I can take a stroll to M5Board right now and view vids that contain NO BMW CONTENT in Race Stories!

Nobody cares what you say or what excuses you have. You are a walking excuse dude, and your credibility went out the window after you got tore up by Improviz.

Bottom line, your credibility is shot to **** and your proven to be nothing more than a Troll for BMW, a liar and a total Hypocrit. You would be truly stupid to come back here which is why I will count on seeing you again.

Last edited by VelocitE55; 11-14-2005 at 06:06 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gustav the hypocrite: