W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E60 M5 beaten by Gallarado and Viper video...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 M6, '05 Lambo Gallardo
If there is one thing I have learned it is to shut the hell up and not judge any car until you have had enough time behind the wheel to render a valid opinion. Here is a great example. I saw the Gallardo and fell in love. I went to test drive it and the asswipe salesman took me on a very short test drive over crappy roads. I walked away hating the car. Everytime I would see one, my gut kept telling me to give it another chance because I guess I was that enamored with the looks. Long story made short...I let logic guide my decision. Every magazine and every owner I spoke with praised the car. I took the plunge and I can say it is the most amazing experience to date. The car is (as it should be for that $$$) the best all around car I have ever owned.

The speed, handling, brakes, looks, paint, materials (leather!), wow factor, etc. are beyond words.

Bottom line? The AMG cars, the Audi "S" cars, the BMW M cars, Caddy V series...they are all great, but they are all different. If there weren't differences they all wouldn't exist. Take them for what they are and enjoy driving them.

Enough of the BS about which one wins this race...who REALLY gives a crap? If my M5 loses to a CLS55 (which MIGHT happen), it doesn't mean I am going to run out and trade the M5 for another CLS55. Some of you (you know who you are) need to get a life and stop worrying about this.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:03 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by jkrutch
If there is one thing I have learned it is to shut the hell up and not judge any car until you have had enough time behind the wheel to render a valid opinion. Here is a great example. I saw the Gallardo and fell in love. I went to test drive it and the asswipe salesman took me on a very short test drive over crappy roads. I walked away hating the car. Everytime I would see one, my gut kept telling me to give it another chance because I guess I was that enamored with the looks. Long story made short...I let logic guide my decision. Every magazine and every owner I spoke with praised the car. I took the plunge and I can say it is the most amazing experience to date. The car is (as it should be for that $$$) the best all around car I have ever owned.

The speed, handling, brakes, looks, paint, materials (leather!), wow factor, etc. are beyond words.

Bottom line? The AMG cars, the Audi "S" cars, the BMW M cars, Caddy V series...they are all great, but they are all different. If there weren't differences they all wouldn't exist. Take them for what they are and enjoy driving them.

Enough of the BS about which one wins this race...who REALLY gives a crap? If my M5 loses to a CLS55 (which MIGHT happen), it doesn't mean I am going to run out and trade the M5 for another CLS55. Some of you (you know who you are) need to get a life and stop worrying about this.

Amen brotha!

How you liking your M5? I'm loving mine. Like you stated, initially I didn't give the M5 an honest "chance" and when I drove it again with an open mind, I fell in love with the car and frankly can't see driving any other sedans. I like being "involved" in the car as I am with the M5. Whlie the E55 and CL55 were fun, it was "boring" after about a month for me (no flames intended). Sure I don't turn into my development going 80MPH, but the M5 is fun to toss around every now and then.

Enjoy what you drive, 98% of America can only dream of driving the vehicles we all have here. Peace! Yes yes ya'll!
Old 12-01-2005, 04:01 PM

Are you serious?

It is like I would delete members that posts videos of cars beating M cars?

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Gustav, we all here love to see videos from neutral viewpoints, but if you cannot keep the car races fair, I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting them on this forum, or I will delete them.

We at MBWorld.org try to keep misinformation at its minimum and we cannot do that unless all our members wish to help. If you do not want to help keep a NPOV (neutral point of view) you are free to leave. Take that as a warning.

Now, on a lighter note, does anyone know someone in Houston with a M5? I think I might have my hands on an E55 in a few weeks and an airfield (but no GPS).
Old 12-01-2005, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Gustav
Are you serious?

LOL, whats your point???? You do this all the time anyway.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:33 PM

No.

I let BMW M vs anycar videos be in the relevvant dforums. A vidoe of just say a E55 on a drag strip in not relevant for BMW M sections.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Are you serious?

I believe the proper question here is: are you serious?!?!?

Might I remind you of a bit of documented history in this forum, Gustav?

1) you come here, timed perfectly with first the European and later the American releases of the M5/M6, and post numerous videos of your BMW-provided press cars mysteriously pulling off ridiculous feats (including very mysteriously stomping production-line M5s),, including videos with no Mercedes content, in this and in our Kill Stories forum. One of these showed your BMW-provided obviously-juiced M5 against a supposedly "modded" SL55.

2) I came to your Race Stories forum, and posted a video of Derek's modded E55 running in the 10's, along with another modded E55, to illustrate what a *truly* modded E55 is capable of doing.

3) your response: move the post to the off-topic forum. your excuse: first, that the video had no BMW content, later changed to it was a single car, then back and forth.

4) in response, I pointed out that you, personally, had a) posted videos in our Kill Stories forum which had no BMW content, and you had posted videos in your OWN Race Stories forum which had NO BMW content, *and* videos of single cars. I also pointed out that you had failed to delete or move multiple videos from your Race Stories forum, which are still there to this day, some of which were posted after I posted Derek's video.

5) your response was to heavily censor my replies, simply because I demanded to know why you are censoring myself and others from this board for doing exactly what you do here. I copied the posts you censored and put them here, on this board, where you cannot delete them, so that others can see your contempt for free and open discussion.

Further, I already demonstrated that, contrary to your claims, you banned one member of this forum and threatened to ban another NOT becuase either had violated your terms of service, but simply because they were attempting to honestly discuss their real-world experiences with E55s and you did not want their points of view to be present on your board.

Classic one-sided censorship.

Yet you come here and carry out your little marketing campaign with BMW-provided juiced up M5s and M6s, and brazenly complain when our moderators threaten you with the same treatment that you have given us?

Get real. You are truly out there, dude....

What you sow, so shall you reap.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
No.

I let BMW M vs anycar videos be in the relevvant dforums. A vidoe of just say a E55 on a drag strip in not relevant for BMW M sections.
...says the guy who posted a video of just say a Gallardo in the same (Race Stories) forum from which he moved the E55 video....

....says the guy who posted videos with no Mercedes content in our Kill Stories forum, and videos with no BMW content in his own Race Stories forum...

...says the guy who banned one and threatened to ban another of our forum members simply for discussing E55 performance capabilities in a polite, honest manner in his forum....

....says the guy who is provided mysteriously fast $100,000 cars at BMW of Sweeden's expense for three days at a time, posts the videos all over the web, and then claims that there is no marketing involved.....

...says the guy who has no credibility whatsoever.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:55 PM

Sooo, lets see. Il ltry to answer all of them without writing too much:

1. Yes, since I wanted to try the M5 as fast as I could. What do you mean with "stomping productiopn M5s"? Yes, the SL55 was modded, correct. Yes, I agree posting non Mercedes contetn was wrong, but that was in correlation of M6 vs AMG threads, so relevant for comparison.

2. True.

3. Off topic? What are you tlking about? It is still there:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...&highlight=E55

Please dont lie.

4. Yes, since some of them where very good, such as CL65 videos, SL55 videos. Just go and see there now, there is even a CL65 video. Not moved. So what is the problem here? Is it that you want to cross post?

5. I have not censored your replies. Ypou call me names here, and when you dont beahve on m,y site thsoe posts gets deleted.

Further: I see E55 discussions all over the place. Not a problem as long as it is factual or namecalling, unlike here.

I wont responds to your poetry i nthe end of the thread
Old 12-01-2005, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Sooo, lets see. Il ltry to answer all of them without writing too much:
Well, you certainly did it without writing anything substantive...

1. Yes, since I wanted to try the M5 as fast as I could. What do you mean with "stomping productiopn M5s"?
I mean that your BMW-of-Sweeden-provided M6, which has the same horsepower, engine, transmission, gearing, and Cd of an M5, and which weighs a whopping 150 pounds less, somehow managed to leave a production M5 in the dust, beating it by multiple carlengths.

I'm sure you'll come up with some typical lame excuse, like saying the production M5 wasn't broken in or some such nonsense, but to me this constitutes irrefutable proof that the M6 was hopped up, as do the five instrumented 1/4 mile tests for the M5, as do the multiple videos posted at 6speedonline by Ray that you are now assailing.

Yes, the SL55 was modded, correct.
Not very well, as can be seen by watching videos in these forums of what a *truly* well-modded 5.5lK car can do. Just another rigged video from Gustav/BMW of Sweeden, inc.

Yes, I agree posting non Mercedes contetn was wrong, but that was in correlation of M6 vs AMG threads, so relevant for comparison.
So then by this standard, the video of Derek's E55 was relevant, and yet it was moved into your off-topic forum. LATER it was moved into the competitors forum, but it was moved into your off-topic forum first, and there are multiple witnesses here who can confirm this.

3. Off topic? What are you tlking about? It is still there:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...&highlight=E55

Please dont lie.
One person is lying here, and it isn't me. I accurately stated that this video was moved to your off-topic forum. The fact that later, after I complained, the post was moved NOT back to the Race Stories in which I originally posted it but to the competitors' forum, does NOT change the FACT that this video was moved to your off-topic forum, while as you admit below other such videos were left alone in the Race Stories forum.

4. Yes, since some of them where very good, such as CL65 videos, SL55 videos. Just go and see there now, there is even a CL65 video. Not moved. So what is the problem here? Is it that you want to cross post?
Did you just get back from a hard night of partying in Amsterdam or something??? As I said: you moved the E55 video I posted to refute your ridiculous implication that a stock M5 could outrun a properly modded SL55 to the off-topic forum. And the reason you gave for moving it was that the video contained no BMW content, or that it was of a single car, take your pick; you claimed each at one time or another.

And now you even admit that these other non-BMW, non-multiple-car videos remain in your Race Stories forum, and that therefore my post was singled out, and are honestly asking what the problem is??? Hello???

5. I have not censored your replies. Ypou call me names here, and when you dont beahve on m,y site thsoe posts gets deleted.
I invite people to look at the "Gustav the hypocrite" thread I started in this forum for posts I posted on Gustav's forum in a debate with Gustav which were moderated, so that they can see who it is who is lying. Multiple posts of mine were deleted, including one thread where I repeatedly attempted to respond to false allegations made by Gustav against me. Gustav's false assertions were allowed to stand, my responses were repeatedly moderated by kees.

And I notice that, yet again, you refuse to address or discuss the shameful treatment and censorship that hilsman and DerekFSU received at your hands for merely attempting to discuss the E55's performance capabilities in an honest fashion.

Further: I see E55 discussions all over the place. Not a problem as long as it is factual or namecalling, unlike here.
I posted the material posted by both hilsman and Derek for which you banned hilsman and threatened to ban Derek, all of which show that you are falsely claiming a freedom of discussion which does not exist on your board.

Further, as I already pointed out to you, one of your moderators, kees, called ME an idiot when he closed a thread in which I was debating him and you...so much for your sanctimonious complaints about namecalling.

I wont responds to your poetry i nthe end of the thread
You don't respond to a lot of things, particularly when you're cornered.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:55 PM

Haha, it doesnt matter what I say, you wont listen. You'll say you have witnesses etc. I give up I have to give you credit for writing alot of characters in a little time!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:13 PM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by Improviz
What is wrong about it is that you unrelentingly post only stats which favor BMWs and discredit stats which favor Mercedes, in a Mercedes forum,
Have I ? When did I discredit a source that was in favour of the MB ? You mean E55 vs M5 . ... Since I so far have not read anyone in favour of the E ( performancewise), how can I do that, I have not seen any....

I have said thay are both great cars but very different and that I would prefer the M.

How the hell can you claim that is MB bashing,
Show me 1 place where I say the E55 is a bad car.

The rest of your 1 million quotes and responce are more or less what you have written several times before. Not really interessing.
The only purpose of your posts is to make even more ill will among the M and the E55 fans, and by the looks of it you will fail.

The impressive video of Dereks car was NOT deleted, it was ALREADY posted before you got the great idea to dobbelpost it.
It was then moved to another forum, NOT DELETED. so what ?
Then you go totaly Sherlock on us to find proof, that you have been treated differently than others, and that all this is a conspiracy by the mods at M5board....... Do you really have this much sparetime.....

BTW: Why do you repeat yourselves all the time, dont you think the boardmembers ( that are interessted ) got it the first time, its like whatching Bill Murray in Groundhogday. I wonder how long you will keep up.

Last edited by Erik; 12-01-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Erik
Have I ? When did I discredit a source that was in favour of the MB ? You mean E55 vs M5 . ... Since I so far have not read anyone in favour of the E ( performancewise), how can I do that, I have not seen any....
How very snide of you, as usual.

But I suppose your discrediting both the EVO and Gallardo videos which are the topic of this thread, to you, don't count as attempts to discredit....

I have said thay are both great cars but very different and that I would prefer the M.
Which is why, of course, you repeatedly visit a Mercedes enthusiasts' board and plug BMWs.

Of course you don't do that, as it would instantly remove the credibility you seek...so instead you cover yourself wtih a thin veneer of "objectivity'", when in fact a cursory review of your posting history shows your clear, unabashed bias and history of basically doing nothing more than plugging BMWs in any and all BMW-versus-whatever threads into which you can inject yourself.

The rest of your 1 million quotes and responce are more or less what you have written several times before. Not really interessing.
As usual, you try to discredit rather than respond. The reason I keep reposting the questions, Erik, is because you repeatedly have refused to respond to a single one of them. So I repost them to remind both you and others of your penchant for avoiding any substantive discussion, instead relying on smear, innuendo, and cheap insults.

Why won't you answer the questions, Erik? You charged me, in this forum, with being "paraniod" for stating the obvious: that BMW of Sweeden clearly gives Gustav press cars at their expense for the purposes of marketing them.

You claim that this is "paranoid". So I posed a series of reasonable questions to you, which you refuse to answer.

Similarly, after bashing me for protesting Gustav's censorship-and-trolling campaign, you refused to answer my questions as to your feelings about Gustav's conduct.

So again, I posted them as a reminder that you are NOT here for substantive discussion, but ARE here, clearly despite your false assertion to the contrary, to troll, to stir the pot, to plug BMWs, and nothing more.

The only purpose of your posts is to make even more ill will among the M and the E55 fans, and by the looks of it you will fail.
No, the purpose is to a) get you to respond to the false charges you have made, and b) inform others of your real purpose for being here. This clearly angers you, because it is a frontal assault on the credibility you so desparately seek to obtain, but you are unworthy of any credibility whatsoever, as I have clearly demonstrated.

And so long as you troll here and plug BMWs, I will be up in your face, demonstrating it, again and again, because I want any and all newcomers and/or light readers of these forums to be totally aware of what the likes of you, Gustav, et al are up to.

This ensures that virtually nobody will take you seriously.

Which is why you attack me.

Because you want to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately, your conduct, when spelled out, precludes this.

So keep wasting your time, Erik, and I will be here to illustrate to anyone unfamiliar with your history that you, despite your protestations to the contrary, are indeed here to generate ill will, stir the pot, and troll, NOT to engage in serious discussion.

The rest of your tired defense of Gustav's censorship is not worthy of a response, as your defense of reprehensible conduct again simply demonstrates that you, like Gustav, are nothing more than a troll who is here to hawk BMWs and denigrate any and all competitors.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:57 PM

E63, GT500

The impressive video of Dereks car was NOT deleted, it was ALREADY posted before you got the great idea to dobbelpost it.
It was then moved to another forum, NOT DELETED. so what ?
Then you go totaly Sherlock on us to find proof, that you have been treated differently than others, and that all this is a conspiracy by the mods at M5board....... Do you really have this much sparetime.....

BTW: Why do you repeat yourselves all the time, dont you think the boardmembers ( that are interessted ) got it the first time, its like whatching Bill Murray in Groundhogday. I wonder how long you will keep up.

Erik...I don't post much but i do a lot of reading on this forum...It's clear that you are here for one reason...You asked Impro if he really had that much spare time and i think you should be asking yourself the same question.