Old 12-02-2005, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
In hope M5 is not that FAAST!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think you guys noticed the giant rocket engine strapped to the trunk of that M5.

Kinda funny how the M5 gets the jump so easy without the camera in the SL feigning one bit of whiplash. As far as a comparison this vid is worth just as much as, oh, I don't know, horse ***** but as something that makes the M5 look like God's creation, not too bad
Old 12-02-2005, 03:32 AM

Stock SL55, C&D Nov 2002, 493hp:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1

0-60 4.5
0-100 10.9
1/4 mile 13.0 @ 110mph

Stock M5, C&D Jan 06, watered down launch control:

0-60 4.2
0-100 9.4
0-150 20.7
1/4 mile 12.5 @ 118mph
Old 12-02-2005, 06:09 AM

Funny thing about Morten is that "his" M5 belongs to his father, and I doubt Morten himself even got a drivers license
Old 12-02-2005, 06:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by FactsMan
Stock SL55, C&D Nov 2002, 493hp:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1

0-60 4.5
0-100 10.9
1/4 mile 13.0 @ 110mph

Stock M5, C&D Jan 06, watered down launch control:

0-60 4.2
0-100 9.4
0-150 20.7
1/4 mile 12.5 @ 118mph
I guarantee you that a stock SL55 is faster than a 13 second car! The CLK55 (no s/c runs low 13's!!!!!)
We will settle this whole M5 vs. E55 thing today at the track. We will have plenty of videos that I will gladly post on every bimmer forum known to man. I will even throw in a few K2 E55's vs. stock M5 and claim they are both stock just to **** em off. But seriously, I will have video of the stock M5 vs. stock E55 tonight. Side by side, from a stop to 1/4 mile marker. LC IS ACTIVATED TOO!
Old 12-02-2005, 06:47 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGfanatic
Funny thing about Morten is that "his" M5 belongs to his father, and I doubt Morten himself even got a drivers license
hahaha likewise our E55 belongs to my father.. i drive it around (since 16years old, 18 now) with big "L" plates (LEARNER, not loser) on the front and back windows.. and it pisses ppl off.. laughable laughable..
Old 12-02-2005, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I guarantee you that a stock SL55 is faster than a 13 second car! The CLK55 (no s/c runs low 13's!!!!!)
We will settle this whole M5 vs. E55 thing today at the track. We will have plenty of videos that I will gladly post on every bimmer forum known to man. I will even throw in a few K2 E55's vs. stock M5 and claim they are both stock just to **** em off. But seriously, I will have video of the stock M5 vs. stock E55 tonight. Side by side, from a stop to 1/4 mile marker. LC IS ACTIVATED TOO!
Both cars may well be faster than the numbers tested but these are the facts C&D have.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:08 AM

E63, GT500
Originally Posted by M5 RUS
In that video SL55 got smoked...Cause the you need to know how to launch with all that torgues...

Why is everybody find excuses for SL55...Deal with it, sometimes you win, sometimes you loose...it happens...

E55 is faster then SL55 cause it weight about 120kg less...

You've got to be kidding
Old 12-02-2005, 10:28 AM

2005 E60 M5
I can deal with the other issues, but I take this as a personal insult pointed towards my son. My son does make posts, and in those he does refer to me and him by saying 'us', so you will always be able to recognize whether it's me or him who is writing.

What does this have to do with everything? I did not tape the video, all I did was posting it. If you read what I've been writing on m5board.com you'll also find out that I don't claim this video to be realistic.

Now if you want to discuss a car video - fine, but if you only register to say **** about my son, I would very much encourage this board management to block both your account and IP.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:34 PM

Maybe the moderators will consider it when the M5 owners start to film decent movies. Man, just look at the numbers, the SL55 should be even with the M5, or even faster!
Old 12-02-2005, 12:45 PM

Maybe the moderators will consider it when the M5 owners start to film decent movies. Man, just look at the numbers, the SL55 should be even with the M5, or even faster!
At high speeds M5 is faster. But it's true that merc dude can't launch for sh...
Old 12-02-2005, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
FactsMan, more like BSTroll, nice job cherry picking the data on the SL55, looks like you went and searched out the poorest SL55 acceleration numbers on the internet.

An SL55 runs AT LEAST the same as your (also) cherry picked M5 times.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:54 PM

I would not be surprised even a bit if the race was staged.

From M5 lovers we see fake 1/4 mile time slips, faked in Pshop.

from m5 owners we see threads being closed or deleted in their own forums that shows a car that is faster than the m5, or a fake 1/4 ml receipt is being in discussion.

from the m5 owner we see lying about a video and a huge lie, and after being caught he does not even have the decency to accept that he was lying.

Some of these behaviors seem to be common and really does not look good for the m5 community.

(Not a generalization)
Old 12-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Almost a Member!

06 E55K
How are you guys getting the video? I am unable to see it.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Just got back from the track. Unfortunately due to stupid insurance policy we could not run head to head but all that matters are times right? Best M5 time WITH LC was 12.54. Best time in a STOCK E55 on street tires was a 12.1 I admit the M5 did trap higher at 117mph. I am downloading the videos to my computer right now. Hopefully my zoom was good enough to read the numbers. E55>M5 in quarter. END OF STORY!
Old 12-02-2005, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Finally. We all knew what would happen, but go ahead and post those slips just to stick it to these BSing M5Board Members. Nice, benzz.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I was just looking through my videos and the zoom was not good enough to read the numbers on the board Thats what happens when you try to take videos with a camera. There were others with camcorders there so the videos should be posted soon by someone else. Anyways, the m5 driver and the others are all on this board so I'm sure they will post the time slips.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:37 PM

Wow you guys are a really nasty bunch...

Firstly, the LC in the USA for the M5 would seem to be "retarded" as it only goes to 1600RPM judging by posts other people have made. In other countries (ie, rest of the world) the LC goes to 4000RPM or even higher (dynamically adjustable apparently up to 5000 or down to 3000).

So in any other country in the world apart from the USA, the M5 would likely be just as fast as a 55. And probabaly one would be faster than the other dependant on how much the driver weighed - I mean, piddling little differences. That being said, the 55 is faster on the 1/4 mile in the USA (where most of you guys seem to be posting from) so point taken.

However, a car is much more than how fast it will get you in a straight line from one end of a street to another, sure that's great, but it's also about a lot of other factors - cornering, feel, and the "vibe" of the thing. So really, I think it's very unfair to say that conclusively the MB is better than the M5 or vice versa.

Because from what I've heard, it's fair to say that while a MB's torque will kill all in the straights (albeit only just), when you take it round a bend, the BMWs will win out (once again, only just).

So how about we all put away our pitchforks and admit that over the course of the years, there will be winners and losers from both camps, both in the straights and in the bends (unlikely though it may be, exceptions exist) and agree to disagree, rather than calling everyone who posts something bad about a 55 a troll, calling them names and generally denegrating them. Just as in life, the good comes with the bad, and sometimes things don't turn out the way you want them to. Accept that, and move on.

In other words, please lets all grow up and just be civil to one another - it will sure be nice to see some constructive critiscm rather than "OMG U **** U RIGGED IT, LEAVE NOW YOU ****!!!" sort of thing.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by zumbalak
I would not be surprised even a bit if the race was staged.

From M5 lovers we see fake 1/4 mile time slips, faked in Pshop.
From M5 lovers, we see faked slips? Before making judgement, I think it'd be fair to at least link to one that was created by an M5 lover and posted.

from m5 owners we see threads being closed or deleted in their own forums that shows a car that is faster than the m5, or a fake 1/4 ml receipt is being in discussion.
Firstly, I have observed that threads often get closed because people start hating the original posters, and things start getting nasty (such as in this thread, except to be honest, I've never seen it this bad). Therefore threads are closed, to make sure that things are kept civil (at least thats what I assume) and keep it a nice environment to post in and talk.

A fake 1/4ml recipt being in discussion? Once again I'd really like to see the link to that thread/fake 1/4 receipt.

Put it this way, if one of your blokes posted a 11.5 for a E55 stock, would you say "that must be fake" or *WANT* to believe it was true? I'd say the latter. In most cases, when you want something to be true, you'll believe it is true unless someone proves it wrong. In this example, you'd want that 11.5 posted time to be true and it'd take someone from another board/different opinion to point out that it was in fact faked.

from the m5 owner we see lying about a video and a huge lie, and after being caught he does not even have the decency to accept that he was lying.
Hardly his place to know if it's a lie or not, seeing as he didn't make the video to start with. If you bothered to read the reffered thread, you'll see that in fact, the original poster was not the one who created the video.

Some of these behaviors seem to be common and really does not look good for the m5 community.

(Not a generalization)
Some of the above behaviour seem also common for hundreds of other boards, and other people and other car lovers out there, from Mazdas to MBs, BMWs and Fords.

Why can't we all just get along?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Zenith
Wow you guys are a really nasty bunch...

Firstly, the LC in the USA for the M5 would seem to be "retarded" as it only goes to 1600RPM judging by posts other people have made. In other countries (ie, rest of the world) the LC goes to 4000RPM or even higher (dynamically adjustable apparently up to 5000 or down to 3000).

So in any other country in the world apart from the USA, the M5 would likely be just as fast as a 55. And probabaly one would be faster than the other dependant on how much the driver weighed - I mean, piddling little differences. That being said, the 55 is faster on the 1/4 mile in the USA (where most of you guys seem to be posting from) so point taken.

However, a car is much more than how fast it will get you in a straight line from one end of a street to another, sure that's great, but it's also about a lot of other factors - cornering, feel, and the "vibe" of the thing. So really, I think it's very unfair to say that conclusively the MB is better than the M5 or vice versa.

Because from what I've heard, it's fair to say that while a MB's torque will kill all in the straights (albeit only just), when you take it round a bend, the BMWs will win out (once again, only just).

So how about we all put away our pitchforks and admit that over the course of the years, there will be winners and losers from both camps, both in the straights and in the bends (unlikely though it may be, exceptions exist) and agree to disagree, rather than calling everyone who posts something bad about a 55 a troll, calling them names and generally denegrating them. Just as in life, the good comes with the bad, and sometimes things don't turn out the way you want them to. Accept that, and move on.

In other words, please lets all grow up and just be civil to one another - it will sure be nice to see some constructive critiscm rather than "OMG U **** U RIGGED IT, LEAVE NOW YOU ****!!!" sort of thing.
Wonderful point! Now get your buddies to stop posting fake vids!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
FactsMan, more like BSTroll, nice job cherry picking the data on the SL55, looks like you went and searched out the poorest SL55 acceleration numbers on the internet.

An SL55 runs AT LEAST the same as your (also) cherry picked M5 times.
FactsMan is none other than M&M, posting under a new handle--a violation of the terms of use. Stay tuned....

Btw, if any of you would like to contact the directors at M&M's company and inform them of his trolling campaign, PM me. I warned this *****, but he will not take hints....time to play hardball.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
Wonderful point! Now get your buddies to stop posting fake vids!
lol I fail to see where I infer that I'm a M5 owner/lover etc. I'm merely pointing out facts. Besides which, I made the point that this video could in fact be completely true, ie NOT FAKE but nevertheless an abberation which could happen both ways - there's always an exception in anything in this world.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zenith
From M5 lovers, we see faked slips? Before making judgement, I think it'd be fair to at least link to one that was created by an M5 lover and posted.

A fake 1/4ml recipt being in discussion? Once again I'd really like to see the link to that thread/fake 1/4 receipt.
Fine, here you go sweetie:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/128040-fake-m5-slips.html

Enjoy!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:08 PM

I hardly see how his company will care to be honest (I have no idea what his company is) though that depends what sort of company it is. Also... How do you know its another dude posting under a different name? I looked through his profile but I coudln't tell.

Sorry to play devils advocate all the time, but I think it's good to have plenty of factual evidence in anything (which is why I also mention that the M5 and 55s are like apples and oranges )
Old 12-02-2005, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Improviz
Fine, here you go sweetie:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=128040

Enjoy!
Sorry I couldn't tell you if you were being sarcastic or not with that "sweetie," but I'm assuming you're actually trying to be patronising? I don't actually appreciate that, particularly as I'm not actually trying to be a M5 fanatic or a 55 fanatic, merely a fan of both who is sceptical without solid evidence - is that OK with you "sweetie"? :-|

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: [VIDEO] (STOCK) SL55 AMG vs. (STOCK) M5