Sponsored by:

Lamborghini Gallardo...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A Few
Lightbulb Lamborghini Gallardo...

Hey Guys, well I have a couple questions about the Gallardo and since this is the W211 forum has the best experts, here goes:
I'm getting rid of the Continental which just doesn't suit my needs, and I love the E55 10x more than Continental (don't ask why, maybe I'm too young)

1) If I buy this car, what would be the approximate maintenance costs associated with it?

2) Should I buy or lease this car, and should it be NEW or USED?

3) How is Lambo's warranty compared with Mercedes (Bentley's is pretty good... but I don't want their opinion on these questions, they just want to sell sell sell)

4) I think the Gallardo seems kinda "cheap" inside (w/o the CF and stuff), anyone else feel this way?

5) I've heard about problems with E-Gear? Normal? Do I have to pay to get it fixed...?

6) Finally, $138,000... I think that's a pretty darn good price for a Gallardo with about 6500 miles on it? Your thoughts?

I really like the car, I think it's a pretty nifty little toy , I don't want to spend the ridiculous amount of money for an F430 right now, and this car seems to have the perfect blend of exotic.

Any thoughts/opinions/recommendations/advice/word o' wisdom are greatly appreciated...

~Da Krisht

Last edited by dakrisht; 01-06-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
138 grand for gaylardo seems a bit low... inspect the car.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:26 PM

2008 Z06
I have a buddy who has a black E-gear one and his maintenance was EXTREMELY low in price. I mean, it really is basically a fast sleek looking Audi, which is all fine with me...Nothing like a fast hot looking exotic with the reliability of an Audi. Also, it does depend on what year you get. 2004's you may have a few more problems with as opposed to a 2005. But, also I would refer you to Lamborghini-power.com They can answer ANYTHING for you. Good luck and have fun!
Old 01-06-2006, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
05 se
and 06
models come w/ a few upgrades (shorter gearing, a little more hp some cosmetic tweaks and so on)

if u get a used 1, buy it b/c the it has already took the biggest depreciation hit.

good luck

btw, i drove a gallardo and didnt find it involving enough for what its supposed to be
Old 01-06-2006, 06:08 PM

A Few
Thanks for the help so far guys...

AMG_55>>>> I hear you on the drive... It doesn't feel spectacular, it's a Lamborghini and it's supposed to feel spectacular... It is, in essence, a exotic Audi... I even think that the V10 on the new S8 is the same exact engine with a few modifications here and there (correct me if I'm wrong)...

I really want to add an exotic to the lineup, but can't spend the $280k on a F430, the 360 is to common in Los Angeles, yet still a wonderful car...

?????

Maybe I should just say f***-it and go for a used Murci? ((then I have to find money to eat! hahaha ))
Old 01-06-2006, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Originally Posted by MHaynes772
reliability of an Audi.
Haha, good one. :p

What are you looking for in the car exactly? Performance? I would definately go with a C6 Z06 and mod it if its performance you're looking for. If you want speed and luxury, a used AMG 65. You're price range is open to a lot of nice cars. What about the Ferrari 575M?

Used Murcielagos are still around 180-200k I think.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88 Caddy on 28's
Get the Murci and sell the Mazda to pay for your food.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:32 PM

05E55
For the money ($138k (seems low)) its a great car. Lots of fun. Gets a lot of attention. Nice toy.

I would personally go for a GT2 for the same $$.

Several reasons:
1.Much more performance.
2.Very quick for the street & track.
3.Takes a beating.
4.Lots of tuning options.
5.Subtle looks vs Lambo. also pretty rare.
6.Plus, you do not have to worry about windscreen glare from wearing gold chains (the Ferrari and Lambo guys seem to always have this problem!) :p

(Disclosure: I am a tad biased towards Porsche)

Last edited by L8Apex; 01-06-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:09 PM

G550
1) If I buy this car, what would be the approximate maintenance costs associated with it?
They are expensive, especially out of warranty, to service. That said, they are the cheapest of all Lambo's to service. They don't have the same BS that goes along with the Ferrari, like engine out service. Remember, it's an Audi. This is good, as things like switches and electrical parts are cheaper and easier to find. Lambo might not tell you this, but they are.

2) Should I buy or lease this car, and should it be NEW or USED?
NEVER LEASE AN EXOTIC car, you will be paying out your A$$. I always buy used cars, but the Gallardo is an entry level super car. I suspect many are abused. If you find one, have it heavily inspected and DO NOT trust a Lambo dealer for this.

3) How is Lambo's warranty compared with Mercedes (Bentley's is pretty good... but I don't want their opinion on these questions, they just want to sell sell sell)
New warranty is 2 years/24k miles. Standard exotic car warranty. Minimum allowed by federal law.

4) I think the Gallardo seems kinda "cheap" inside (w/o the CF and stuff), anyone else feel this way?
Cheap? "utilitarian", yes. It's an audi. 70% of the car is made in Germany. (not a bad thing) I like the interior. I think 360's look like crap and murc's just make me laugh

5) I've heard about problems with E-Gear? Normal? Do I have to pay to get it fixed...?
They do, and you will pay after the car is out of warranty. Rahl drove a Gallardo, said it was a good car, but that the egear sucked (too slow). Get a six speed, that way, your wife won't want to drive it. :p

6) Finally, $138,000... I think that's a pretty darn good price for a Gallardo with about 6500 miles on it? Your thoughts?
Hmmm, that seems pretty low, but not out of sight. What year, I bet it's an early 2004. The latest version of the Gallardo has a lot of options that the 04/05's didn't, so there will be a little softness in the market.

I really like the car, I think it's a pretty nifty little toy , I don't want to spend the ridiculous amount of money for an F430 right now, and this car seems to have the perfect blend of exotic.
BUY IT :v
Old 01-06-2006, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
When you said Murc's make you laugh, I hope you are not speaking of the Murcielago. The Murcielago is a beast of car (there is no formal way of putting it ). If you want a toy which will be superior to any current production Ferrari (bar the $1 million Enzo), then go with this.

Maintenance: It is an exotic car and not a practical daily driver. However, maintenence is far superior to that of Ferrari, who makes ridiculous profits not on the vehicle itself but on its maintence. My friend owns a modified 512TR (which is an animal might I add...we got it up to 200 mph ). He is currently looking for a Murcielago, test drove it, and was amazed with its performance (coming from a guy driving a modified 512). Check with your dealership, they should give you basic maintenence costs.

Buy or Lease: Buy the car. You only lose money with leasing. For similar monthly payments, you can finance the car and end up keeping it.

E Gear or Stick Shift: Preference of the driver. E Gear is more convenient with F1 Style shifting and and auto option.

Downside with the Murcielago: The cost. New is around $280K. However, they can be found (excellent condition) for around $200K.

Another member also mentioned the Porsche GT2. That is also an excellent car and you should check it out along with the Murcielago.

Option 3 (I am a bit of a car fanatic...please bear with me): Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 or VT (SV is w/o AWD). Closer to price of Gallardo and far superior.

NOTE: THE LAMBOS I MENTIONED ARE V12 AWD CARS!!! Immense V12 torque with power at all four wheels, now that's a Performance Afficcionado's Dream!

Regardless of which vehicle you select, I do hope you take my advice and look into the Lambo V12's. Also take L8Apex's advice and look into the GT2 as well. (L8Apex, I respect Porsche and love the GT2, but am "a tad biased" towards Lamborghini .)

Good Luck.

Last edited by HLG600; 01-06-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:41 PM

A Few
YETIS, thanks for the concise response...

Luckilly, I'm not married, so I don't have to worry about the wife driving any of my cars!

newton22... thanks for the advice, but with all due respect, you simply cannot compare a Corvette to a Lamborghini... I know the new ZO6's are astonishing (and in this a video on this board proves they're faster than the Gallardo), but I have an E55 and that's performance enough...

In Los Angeles having a Mazda MX-5 (girlfriends) is too fast, there is simply nowhere to go, we have rush-hour trafffic 24/7 PERIOD.

The 575M is a great car, however, with the amount of money that needs to be put into maintenance and Ferrari B.S., it's not worth it...

What do you guys think about these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lambo...01798656QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lambo...00745224QQrdZ1
Old 01-06-2006, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Nice. But I can't believe they still designed the instrument cluster to look like that.. in this era.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Diablo or Murcielago...check it out. Already did a write-up.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by HLG600
Diablo or Murcielago...check it out. Already did a write-up.

The Diablo will cost him an arm and a leg when it comes time for matenience, you also cant truely daily drive it.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:20 PM

A Few
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
The Diablo will cost him an arm and a leg when it comes time for matenience, you also cant truely daily drive it.

I feel you DancingBenzos, totally cannot use a Diablo as a daily... However, I think that the Gallardo could be used at least 4-5 days out of the week for a few hundred miles a month without problem...

I think I'm just going to get a used Gallardo (no more than 6000 miles), get a good warranty, put a Kreisseig Valvetronic exhaust on it, and enjoy the hell out of it...

That Orange color is beautiful and the yellow is awesome as well...
Old 01-06-2006, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
G-car, excellent choice

Dinko
Old 01-06-2006, 09:19 PM
ON PROBATION

I am somewhat in the know in the supercar business. I am not going to try to get your business or to sell you a car....

But since you've been discussing this in this thread, I would ask you (perhaps just for you to ask yourself) some clarifying questions:

Are you looking for a supercar or exotic becaue you've decided that you want one, or that you may want one; or are you considering the original car mentioned because you became aware that it was for sale and therefore it piqued your interest?
Have you pretty much decided to pursue a Lambo and have you considered other possibilites?
What do you really want in a supercar/exotic, and what do you not want in one?
What are you willing to actually spend on one?
Would you buy an older model because it would be good enough and might meet your budget better, or do you really want the car that you really want and would be willing to spend more or wait longer to get it 'perfect' or as 'better' and new?
What are the practical ownership aspects of the car you choose in relation to where you live and how you will use it, apart from such matters as upkeep and insurance and the like?

Etc.

There are one heckuva lot of cars out there from $100K to $3M; there are many similarities -- and one heckuva lot of differences between them.
For my money, I'd get what I really want, not what is simply easy to obtain -- unless you're just going for the quick fix....

I am not dissing or giving you *****, dakrisht -- I'm just saying that if you're not just going for the quick fix, I thinl that you should put alot more thought into it, and that you should take a long hard look at what's out there....
Just my 2 billion cents -
Old 01-06-2006, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
if you need a lambo or anything let me know, i know somebody that can hook you up he sells high end cars new or used all over the country and luckily right now he is in LA he can find ANYTHING

pm me or email me with what you need and a price you wanna be at ill take care of the rest
Old 01-06-2006, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Wasn't aware you were looking for a daily driver. But the Diablo/Murcielago will be a lot more fun to drive.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:05 PM

A Few
Originally Posted by ClayJ
I am somewhat in the know in the supercar business. I am not going to try to get your business or to sell you a car....

But since you've been discussing this in this thread, I would ask you (perhaps just for you to ask yourself) some clarifying questions:

Are you looking for a supercar or exotic becaue you've decided that you want one, or that you may want one; or are you considering the original car mentioned because you became aware that it was for sale and therefore it piqued your interest?
Have you pretty much decided to pursue a Lambo and have you considered other possibilites?
What do you really want in a supercar/exotic, and what do you not want in one?
What are you willing to actually spend on one?
Would you buy an older model because it would be good enough and might meet your budget better, or do you really want the car that you really want and would be willing to spend more or wait longer to get it 'perfect' or as 'better' and new?
What are the practical ownership aspects of the car you choose in relation to where you live and how you will use it, apart from such matters as upkeep and insurance and the like?

Etc.

There are one heckuva lot of cars out there from $100K to $3M; there are many similarities -- and one heckuva lot of differences between them.
For my money, I'd get what I really want, not what is simply easy to obtain -- unless you're just going for the quick fix....

I am not dissing or giving you *****, dakrisht -- I'm just saying that if you're not just going for the quick fix, I thinl that you should put alot more thought into it, and that you should take a long hard look at what's out there....
Just my 2 billion cents -

Clay, I couldn't agree with you more on every single point you've made.

I am definitely not going for a quick fix here, I have all the time in the world for the appropriate research into purchasing an "exotic".

In response to some of your questions, here is how I feel:

QUOTE: Are you looking for a supercar or exotic becaue you've decided that you want one, or that you may want one; or are you considering the original car mentioned because you became aware that it was for sale and therefore it piqued your interest?

I am considering the Gallardo because I have always had a fascination with Lamborghini's, Ferraris and other exotics alike. I think it is the "cheapest" exotic out there for what it is and what it does...

One thing that always struck me as a little boy growing up about Lambo's was the appeal and "awe" factor they had. It was something out of the norm, something that just didn't belong on the street. It had a certain cool factor to it, that I'm sure everyone can relate to...

I have not put my foot down and decided "Gallardo or nothing!", quite the contrary. I will probably end up getting rid of the Bentley for around $145k (4,500 miles on it) and truthfully will cap my "exotic supercar fund" at around $160k MAX. I'll either finance w/ big money down, or buy it out right.

The practical ownership of the car will be cherish and enjoy the thing for at least 4-5 years down the line, occasionally taking to the track here in N. California and, of course, tearing up Sunset Blvd. at 3AM :v

I think to some the reasons of wanting a supercar are obvious. The posses the ultimate in speed, handling, and that exotic look. I would love a CCR or an SLR, but that's out of my league. I am, after all, in my mid-20s and I think thats pushing it as it is... I've looked at some 360 CS's and they are great, but they don't give me the feeling that the Lambo does... It screams like the bull it really is (or at least was in the Diablo VT days)

Clay, I've read many of your posts, and to get something because of a quick fix is simply illogical and unreasonable, I think you'll agree.
I am a perfectionist, and need to know and love everything before I purchase a product. Whether that product is a cellular telephone or $150k supercar, it needs to make me happy and happy for a while.
It will probably take me a few months to reach such a decision as to what kind of exotic I'll purchase, but the decision has been made.
Truthfully, I received the Continental carte blanche, and it is a ridiculous vehicle for a person my age. I guess it's still the kid in me, saying "Get a Lambo..."

Last edited by dakrisht; 01-06-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Don't get me wrong, the Gallardo is a great car, but it appears as though you have a small fleet of cars, hence, you don't need another daily driver (my friend with the modded 512 has 5 other vehicles). Initially, I thought you were looking for a "toy" so I recommended the the other cars. They are more exotic and will run with almost anything. Check out the link below before you totally disregard the other Lambos. A Lambo is still a Lambo, and the Gallardo is by no means a slouch. All I'm saying is check out what else is out there...it's worth a look.

http://www.eisenhaus.com/galleria.ph...br=Lamborghini
Old 01-07-2006, 12:48 AM

05E55
If you really want an exotic buy a

I know of 2 CTR's and one turbo R for sale. You can pick up the turbo R 993 w/11k miles for $145K (I think it was Tim Allens old car)the CTR's are going for $160-$180k. Low maintenance and pretty much bullet proof. Can be driven daily without worries and can kick the hell out of just about any car on the street! Let me know if you are interested.

One side benefit...they hold their value!

Last edited by L8Apex; 01-07-2006 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:42 AM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by dakrisht

~Da Krisht
well my friend, let me know if you don't want to buy it cause i will for that price- super cheap. hopefully it isn't crashed!!!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 05:13 AM

2004 E55
want a CLEAN one local in a REALLY COOL BLUE... check out VIP MOTORING WILDOMAR... I've been in this car and it's just about the cleanest I've seen... I think it has your exhaust you're looking for on it as well!

http://www.vipmotoring.com/details.h...D=1-1133647272
Old 01-07-2006, 05:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by dakrisht
I feel you DancingBenzos, totally cannot use a Diablo as a daily... However, I think that the Gallardo could be used at least 4-5 days out of the week for a few hundred miles a month without problem...

I think I'm just going to get a used Gallardo (no more than 6000 miles), get a good warranty, put a Kreisseig Valvetronic exhaust on it, and enjoy the hell out of it...

That Orange color is beautiful and the yellow is awesome as well...

That gallardo definately is a great Daily, that was the design purpose the whole time, i believe thats why it does not have lambo doors.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Gallardo...