Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deposit on e55 w211?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 911 Turbo
KrispyK, never bought a car out of state. My last two purchases where all within the state, but it sounds like an interesting possibility. I'll do some research. Anyone else with any positive experience with Bay Area dealers. Help again would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:51 PM

Porsche 997 C2S
Originally posted by vspt
KrispyK, never bought a car out of state. My last two purchases where all within the state, but it sounds like an interesting possibility. I'll do some research. Anyone else with any positive experience with Bay Area dealers. Help again would be greatly appreciated.
Dunno 'bout Autobahn Mercedes, but I hear some of the Bimmer dealers out there are questionable. Sorry, can't be of much help here.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:29 PM

If you're considering buying out of state please be aware that many MB dealers will stiff you on loaner cars at service time and other such perks. This is a punitive measure to encourage you to service where you buy and vice versa.
Bottom line is that it's a cost cutting maneuver on MB's part, but they try to spin it another way.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:34 PM

Porsche 997 C2S
Originally posted by amg55
If you're considering buying out of state please be aware that many MB dealers will stiff you on loaner cars at service time and other such perks. This is a punitive measure to encourage you to service where you buy and vice versa.
Bottom line is that it's a cost cutting maneuver on MB's part, but they try to spin it another way.
I've never had a problem with that -- strangely enough, the dealership I bought the car from only gave out Saturns, etc., for loaner cars. When I moved to a different, my new dealer handed out C-classes. So go figure. YMMV :P