W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
JakPro1 & MACHC5 & Kens-E55,

Packages dropped off at Fedex.. Leaving via Express Air.. All packages destined to arrive by Thursday to your doors..

Tracking #s have been emailed to each of you.

Please let me know once you receive them and let me know if you are happy with everything.

Hope you guys get them installed soon so we can get some dyno numbers pouring in.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Jim,

Thanks buddy! I am only sorry I couldn't make this happen sooner for you guys... Thank you for hanging in there with me and for your great patience!

I just hope you love the kit and it works well for you.

Originally Posted by MACHC5
Vic, You the Man... Thanks for the shipping "Heads Up"

"Life is Good.."

MachC5
Ken,

Don't thank me.. Send the thank you to Don.. LOL..

Don: If you're reading this.. Don't worry buddy.. The kit will be here waiting for you when you get back.

Originally Posted by Kens-E55
WOO-HOOOOOO!!!! Did I luck-out or what!!

VRUS - Many Thanks for making this happen!!
Car goes in the shop in 2 weeks for the TB and the 160 Thermo, and should get another "tweak" on the program when it's all done.

Thanks again!!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I made another revision to the adapter plates.. Ran another 6 of them..

This new revision includes a tapered opening from 80mm to 74mm.. The outer edge is 80mm to match up to the new 80mm TB. the inner portion is 74mm to locate into the supercharger inlet. This will allow the porting guy to spend less time porting by hand..

On my TB that is installed on my car and these other 3 he hand ported the outside portion of the opening as well as the inside but that is never as perfect as having the CNC machine do it.. Not to mention it will take him less time on each unit now.

So.. Hopefully this will speed up the build time on the kits.. If you look closely at the pic you will notice the taper..

BTW -> You are looking at the 80mm opening side of the plate.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Guys.. I'm getting alot of PMs and emails about these kits.

If someone wants a kit, please reply to this thread so I can group the orders together and send them as 1 big batch from Germany.

I am putting together another big order right now so please reply soon if you want 1.

Also, remember, these AMG 80mm TBs are limited supply (There were only 25 left in the world when I last ordered).. When they run out, I'll have to use the V12TT TBs which have different mounting holes & different wiring.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
AMG just called us and said there are only 15 AMG 80mm TB left in stock in Germany.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vrus I have forgotten what the kits are going for? Also How hard of a install is it?

Thanks D
Old 09-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
David,

Its $2825CDN which covers the paypal fees and everything else EXCEPT shipping.. I'll send a shipping quote out just before I ship it and you can pay for shipping then.

Install is straight forward.. My MB tech told me 3 - 4 hrs. Guys who havent done the install before take 4 - 5 hrs.

Originally Posted by Mad TKD
vrus I have forgotten what the kits are going for? Also How hard of a install is it?

Thanks D

Last edited by vrus; 09-06-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:20 PM

gosh you are breaking me $$$$
Old 09-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Dave... I dont want to be responsible for breaking you up with your significant other.. Make sure the mortgage is paid and then come see me... LOL... I'll have a kit ready for you whenever you want one.. LOL..

Originally Posted by Mad TKD
gosh you are breaking me $$$$
Old 09-06-2006, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vrus I first must say that you are quite the renaissance E55'er. Its been great tracking your progress this whole way. But my question is is this really a plug-and-play mod at this point? I've finally found a mechanic (who I guess has been our family's mechanic for years now) who is willing to mod with me. He's been working with merc's his whole life and so did his father. I know he knows his way around this engine but has this kit you've put together really become that simple? If so, wow. Im even more impressed than I was before!
Old 09-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Yup. It's really that simple.. I put everything you need to install it in the box. You have to do nothing else other than drive to your dealer, hand over the box to the MB Tech and tell him to install it.. Walk away and 4 - 5hrs later you are graced with +25rwhp to +35rwhp (Ok.. this part I am hopeful about.. the guys that are getting them tomorrow will post I am sure)..

This is what I sent out with each of the 3 kits yesterday:

- 6" of 0.75" hose for TB to PCV system connection
- 80mm TB Gasket
- New supercharger inlet gasket (just in case your car is older and needs one)
- AMG 80mm TB
- 80mm Y-pipe to replace stock 74mm.
- 4 x stainless steel hex bolts with crush washers to replace those cheap, black, ugly looking screws that the factory uses to mount the TB to the inlet.
- New Supercharger inlet, ported to 80mm, with CNC made 3/8" thick aluminum plate to mount 80mm TB to supercharger inlet
- 80mm TB wiring harness updated to adapt to stock wiring on car

Also will add that not just any welder can do this work.. I took it to a specialty welding shop that does microscopic welding. They literally do the welding under a microscope to make sure that there are no pinholes in the weld. Everything is done as professionally as possible.

A good MB tech can do the install in 3 - 4 hrs.. Most likely its 4 - 5 hrs. Some techs will pull the S/C out of the car and do all the work on the bench and then reinstall.. Some techs will lift S/C up high enough to unbolt inlet, and then re/re with new inlet and put it back in the car.

Everything I could think of to make it painless, I have done.

Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
Vrus I first must say that you are quite the renaissance E55'er. Its been great tracking your progress this whole way. But my question is is this really a plug-and-play mod at this point? I've finally found a mechanic (who I guess has been our family's mechanic for years now) who is willing to mod with me. He's been working with merc's his whole life and so did his father. I know he knows his way around this engine but has this kit you've put together really become that simple? If so, wow. Im even more impressed than I was before!

Last edited by vrus; 09-06-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good Lord. I need to make a couple of phone calls. Vrus, you may be getting a PM from me soon...
Old 09-06-2006, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
But my question is is this really a plug-and-play mod at this point?
As with any mod that alters the engine's airflow characteristics, you may have to tweak your WOT fuel maps. A post-mod dyno with A/F ratio plot is highly recommended.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm one step ahead of ya! Those are the phone calls I have to make.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Hey Victor,

Just wanted to let ya know received the TB safe and sound.

Man you guys, the pics don't do it justice. It really is visually larger compared to the stocker.

This is gonna be great!!

Just one of the many, "Thanks so much Victor" posts.

Should be installed in bout 2 weeks.

Jim
Old 09-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Awesome Jim! Glad everything made it in one piece.

I am sure you will like it even more when it is installed and you reap the hp benefits.

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Hey Victor,

Just wanted to let ya know received the TB safe and sound.

Man you guys, the pics don't do it justice. It really is visually larger compared to the stocker.

This is gonna be great!!

Just one of the many, "Thanks so much Victor" posts.

Should be installed in bout 2 weeks.

Jim
Old 09-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
You guys that received your kits, please check all the contents in the box against the list I posted a few posts up.. Make sure everything is in there and that nothing is damaged.

Also, when you go to install the TB kit, let's make sure that the TB itself was not damaged in any way during shipping. Once the tech unbolts the supercharger inlet in your car, it will be stuck there until a replacement TB is sent over in case of a problem.. SO.. in order to make sure everything is 100% BEFORE he pulls half your car apart, have him do this:

1) Remove all the airbox stuff and Y-pipe to expose the stock TB.
2) Unbolt the stock TB from the inlet (4 screws)
3) Disconnect stock TB harness from car's wire loom.
4) Plug in the new 80mm TB into the car's wire loom.
5) Place the new 80mm TB up against the inlet and hold it there with your hand or prop it up with something.
6) Have the tech start the car and make sure the TB's throttle plate moves while blipping the throttle and that there are no lights on in the car.

If everything is ok after Step #6, that means your TB made it in 1 piece and go ahead with install. If there are any issues, get the tech to call me on the cell phone. Worse comes to worse, your car can be put back to normal in case we have to replace the TB.

I'll PM each of you my cell # so in case of a problem they can reach me.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
So.. Did any of you guys install it yet?? LOL...
Old 09-13-2006, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
This must be exactly what hell is like. I have a dealer that loves mods...I have world class custom made parts...AND NOT ONE MOTHER F'IN GOOD DYNO IN THE AREA.

I already emailed this to Vic but check this out. I already have been humiliated with the first dyno (see 684 ft pounds of torque post fiasco), then I called a garage who said the guy who owned it got mad and took his dyno home. TOOK IT HOME!!! Like a friggin sand box toy??!! "You won't play with me, so I;m taking my dyno and going home..MOMMMM!!" Then I called a place with a dyno and the "Deliverence" guy answers the phone. Literally says, "I ain't gun add no fancy numbers to yern car, so you just pop that puppy up and ya git what ya git" Just have these nightmares of me with an RPM pickup clamp on my nuts and guys with a shotgun to my head yelling, "Know let's see um what kinda torque you put out boooaaaa"

Life in Utah continues. Will keep you updated.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Old 09-13-2006, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by vrus
So.. Did any of you guys install it yet?? LOL...
Hey Victor - The car goes to Chris @C2Designs next Thursday AM for a boatload of installs and "tweaks"--too many to list here.

It will be in the shop for 2 weeks as I'm out of the country, so I won't have the results until Thursday - Oct 4th. Sorry

On a different note - the TB is beautiful! I went looking for the adapter plate w/out realizing it was welded on! It was such a first class weld job I thought the entire piece was "AMG Factory" and not until a minute or two of looking all over the box, did I realize & see the plate on the plenum!
Great AMG Quality - Thanks
Old 09-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Jakpro: Have you tried Phantom ? (801) 253-3440

What about Absolute? (801) 208-2008

Good luck !

Last edited by ChicagoX; 09-13-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Jim,

I am so glad to have you around cause you really crack me up with your posts.. Not only are you a good guy, a mod nut like yours truly, but you add some humour to some otherwise hectic days for me.. So for that... THANKS BUDDY!!

As for the dyno hell... I cant believe you are having that much trouble locating a place to do a dyno. Good luck and hopefully one of the two places that ChicagoX mentioned will work out!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
This must be exactly what hell is like. I have a dealer that loves mods...I have world class custom made parts...AND NOT ONE MOTHER F'IN GOOD DYNO IN THE AREA.

I already emailed this to Vic but check this out. I already have been humiliated with the first dyno (see 684 ft pounds of torque post fiasco), then I called a garage who said the guy who owned it got mad and took his dyno home. TOOK IT HOME!!! Like a friggin sand box toy??!! "You won't play with me, so I;m taking my dyno and going home..MOMMMM!!" Then I called a place with a dyno and the "Deliverence" guy answers the phone. Literally says, "I ain't gun add no fancy numbers to yern car, so you just pop that puppy up and ya git what ya git" Just have these nightmares of me with an RPM pickup clamp on my nuts and guys with a shotgun to my head yelling, "Know let's see um what kinda torque you put out boooaaaa"

Life in Utah continues. Will keep you updated.
Hey Ken,

Sounds awesome! Cant wait to hear the results.. Your car sounds like its going to be a handful!!

I am so glad you are happy with the kit! Thanks for the compliments! I worked hard to make it as best I could and hearing feedback from you guys makes it all worthwhile.

P.S-> Everyone else that is reading this.. I swear I didnt pay Ken to say any of that stuff.. Honest.. He is not a paid salesperson for VRP... LOL..

Originally Posted by Kens-E55
Hey Victor - The car goes to Chris @C2Designs next Thursday AM for a boatload of installs and "tweaks"--too many to list here.

It will be in the shop for 2 weeks as I'm out of the country, so I won't have the results until Thursday - Oct 4th. Sorry

On a different note - the TB is beautiful! I went looking for the adapter plate w/out realizing it was welded on! It was such a first class weld job I thought the entire piece was "AMG Factory" and not until a minute or two of looking all over the box, did I realize & see the plate on the plenum!
Great AMG Quality - Thanks
Old 09-13-2006, 06:20 PM

04 E55
Victor: Wow, You've been busy lately... I see frankinstein is almost up to your 700hp mark... You are really making a monster outta that beast... Nice!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Any dynos to share with the new 80mm TB?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***