W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Hey.. Look who's back!! Where have you been Houston?

Ready to put some more grunt into that beast of yours?

Originally Posted by houston
Victor: Wow, You've been busy lately... I see frankinstein is almost up to your 700hp mark... You are really making a monster outta that beast... Nice!!!
Waiting on some of the guys to post their before/after dynos.. My car is still facing some issues with respect to the tuning so I am not getting any readings for peak power.

I am working on rectifying the problem, but, the guys who bought them will probably have dynos before I do.

Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Any dynos to share with the new 80mm TB?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Got a call from the porting shop... Picking up either 2 or 3 more TBs this afternoon...

So far 10 kits were sold.. 3 were shipped out. These are the remaining list of people to get TB kits in order of purchase:

1) GTA23109a
2) Finny
3) W211E55
4) Apple '55
5) Rock
6) BenzGal
7) JSpeed

Hopefully I get all 3 tonight and will prepare them for you guys over the weekend (wiring harness mods & packing them).
Old 09-15-2006, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 M5
Has anyone installed and dyno'd the results of this TB mod yet? Please share
Old 09-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
LOL... Darren.. Just bite the bullet.. You know you want one..

j/k .. I think JakPro1 will be the first to install. He's just having a teeny bit of trouble finding a good dyno to go to.

Kens-E55 will be installed in the next week or two and I am not sure about MACHC5...

Originally Posted by darren_dallas
Has anyone installed and dyno'd the results of this TB mod yet? Please share
Old 09-15-2006, 11:29 AM

'06 M5
Vic, you are definitely a mind reader! I do want one, which is why I'm so interested in the results.

BTW, damn you're quick with the follow-up.

Also, is your TB actually 80mm, or is it 78mm? Please excuse me if this was covered in the 100's of posts earlier in this thread.

Regards,

Darren
Old 09-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
AMG classifies it as an 80mm TB in their parts list.. I measured the opening on the TB and it is in fact 80mm.. BUT.. the butterfly is 78mm. Based on the wall thickness this TB can easily be ported and opened up further, but, so far everyone has stopped at the 80mm mark and not gone bigger.

It supplies enough airflow for the motor to satisfy it at the current power levels we are at.

Once I get the heads done, this requirement may change slightly.. LOL..

Originally Posted by darren_dallas
Vic, you are definitely a mind reader! I do want one, which is why I'm so interested in the results.

BTW, damn you're quick with the follow-up.

Also, is your TB actually 80mm, or is it 78mm? Please excuse me if this was covered in the 100's of posts earlier in this thread.

Regards,

Darren
Old 09-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Darren,

One more thing I wanted to add.. If your car is stock, I wouldnt put the 80mm TB on as a first mod.. You dont need it.

Spend the money and get headers and exhaust done first. You will see a considerable amount of power increase with those 2 mods from stock. Once you put the pullies on and do the ECU then I would put the 80mm TB on at the same time.

At stock power levels, the air intake boxes and TB provide enough airflow for the motor so there is no need to change them.

My $0.02.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by vrus
Hey.. Look who's back!! Where have you been Houston?

Ready to put some more grunt into that beast of yours?

I've been really busy with work... I'm in Ontario for the last year and will probably stay even longer... My beast will have alot of catching up to do coming this spring. In Thunder Bay it gets crazy cold and crazy snow so it looks like the beast will be stored very soon. Since I'm alot closer now and probably going to T.O in the next few months, I'll remember to pop you a call when I'm down there. I still have your mobile in my contacts on my phone. Sorry to hijack your thread....

p.s - almost 11,000 views on this thread... Very Popular..

cheers everyone else... I see alot of you are letting Victor molest your beast... He'll definately make a screaming woman outta that beast... Just make sure you can handle all that power later.

Last edited by houston; 09-15-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Call me when you are heading this way. Thunder Bay huh... Yup.. I've heard it gets pretty cold over there during the winter.. Makes Toronto look like California.. LOL..

Originally Posted by houston
I've been really busy with work... I'm in Ontario for the last year and will probably stay even longer... My beast will have alot of catching up to do coming this spring. In Thunder Bay it gets crazy cold and crazy snow so it looks like the beast will be stored very soon. Since I'm alot closer now and probably going to T.O in the next few months, I'll remember to pop you a call when I'm down there. I still have your mobile in my contacts on my phone. Sorry to hijack your thread....

p.s - almost 11,000 views on this thread... Very Popular..

cheers everyone else... I see alot of you are letting Victor molest your beast... He'll definately make a screaming woman outta that beast... Just make sure you can handle all that power later.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
LOL... Darren.. Just bite the bullet.. You know you want one..

j/k .. I think JakPro1 will be the first to install. He's just having a teeny bit of trouble finding a good dyno to go to.

Kens-E55 will be installed in the next week or two and I am not sure about MACHC5...
Shhhh... It's a secret..
I'm traveling cross country in the car and haven't had a chance to change it out at a rest stop yet.

MachC5
Old 09-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Picked up 3 more S/C inlets from the porting shop.. I will test fit the TBs on them tomorrow and make sure everything is 100%.. They should be packed and shipped out Monday.

Tracking #'s to follow for the next 3 in line. If you guys want these shipped to addresses other than what you sent me previous, please let me know before Monday.

The remaining 3 they have will be done by early next week.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
GTA23109a, Finny, W211E55

I had your TBs picked up from the porting shop on Monday night but I had to give them back for touch-ups because I didnt like the way the opening looked with the TB bolted on.. It showed a little meat past the openings of the TB's mouth so I had him grind it a bit more to open it and smoothen it out.

I am sorry about the extra few days delay.. The 3 kits are packed, and sitting in my trunk right now. They will be dropped off at Fedex for Express Air shipment tomorrow and I will email you guys the tracking #'s when I get home.

Thanks again for all your patience..

Once again, make sure that when you receive the package that you compare the list of components (what I posted earlier in the thread) against what is in the box to make sure everything is there.

Also make sure you go through my "testing" procedure before your tech rips half your car apart to make sure the TB gets there in 1 piece.. I pack them pretty good, but, I dont want to leave anything to chance.

Last edited by vrus; 09-20-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:07 PM

06 E55 SOLD, 89 300 SE 375,000 miles
Victor,

How many more do you have left? I am trying to organize the sequence of the mods left to do on my car. If it ever ends

Daryoosh
Old 09-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Here.. Let me make it easier for you. If you are already running K2, you have 1 of 2 choices..

1) Buy Kleemann 80mm TB kit
2) Buy VRP 80mm TB kit,

At your power level, the TB is what you need. It unleashes all the extra power available to your motor which is currently starving for airflow.

Originally Posted by mbamg06e55
Victor,

How many more do you have left? I am trying to organize the sequence of the mods left to do on my car. If it ever ends

Daryoosh
Old 09-20-2006, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
I am so jealous. Can I get one of those tracking numbers so I can rob the truck? J/K

Gary is getting ready for their race this weekend, so just PM me when you get it and I will paypal you. Thank you so much Victor for all your time and hard work.

I saw the other thread crazy boy. I love the idea and can't wait to see how it turns out. When do you sleep?

They emailed me about the cams and think I should wait until I get the stand alone management software installed. That will unleash all limits on the beast and prepare it for VR Tuning and 6.0 floodgates. hehe Vic I hope you have an umbrella policy like me!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Guys,

Fedex just picked up the boxes.. I scheduled everything online and put your email addresses in for notification messages so you should get emailed automatically by the fedex system. Let me know if you dont get your tracking #'s and I'll send them over to you guys.

Finny: Buddy.. I hope that address you gave me is ok because the fedex dude snickered when he saw "P.O. Box" in the address.... Fingers crossed that it arrives over there..

---------------------------------------------------------------

Angela,

Don't worry Angela.. I'll take care of you!! Your TB is on its way and should arrive any day now. Tomorrow or next week I should have the last 3 inlets back from the porting shop and will pack & ship the 3 remaining kits... The 10th kit is going to JSpeed but I am still waiting on an inlet & TB for him.

P.S-> Go read your PMs.. Need a favour..

Originally Posted by BENZGal
I am so jealous. Can I get one of those tracking numbers so I can rob the truck? J/K

Gary is getting ready for their race this weekend, so just PM me when you get it and I will paypal you. Thank you so much Victor for all your time and hard work.

I saw the other thread crazy boy. I love the idea and can't wait to see how it turns out. When do you sleep?

They emailed me about the cams and think I should wait until I get the stand alone management software installed. That will unleash all limits on the beast and prepare it for VR Tuning and 6.0 floodgates. hehe Vic I hope you have an umbrella policy like me!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:27 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
03 E55 AMG
Thanks Vic...

They usually call me for an address... I have retail store 3 doors from the P.O.box so there shouldn't be any dramas.

Again, Thanks Mate!

Off topic... Are those your Heads or a second hand set?
Old 09-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
hahaha.. You should have just given me the retail store address... Would have come straight to you..

As for heads, they are a second set for R&D purposes..

That ain't the half of it.. I wish I could spill some more info about the BBBIIIIIGGGGG project.. When I get more info I'll spill.... hehehe... That will make you drool. I guarantee it!!

Hope you like the kit when you get it.. Let me know how it goes.

Originally Posted by Finny
Thanks Vic...

They usually call me for an address... I have retail store 3 doors from the P.O.box so there shouldn't be any dramas.

Again, Thanks Mate!

Off topic... Are those your Heads or a second hand set?
Old 09-21-2006, 03:41 PM

03 E55 AMG
As for heads, they are a second set for R&D purposes..

That ain't the half of it.. I wish I could spill some more info about the BBBIIIIIGGGGG project.. When I get more info I'll spill.... hehehe... That will make you drool. I guarantee it!!
Would that be the same project that I'm working on too, you know the one that I mention in a P/m?

I bet It's either that or your adding solid booster rockets up the E's bum...
Old 09-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Nope.. BIGGER THAN THAT!

I am leaving that one to you because you are already in progress... We'll just swap products once we're both done.. ok.. ok.. I gotta stop.. Can't say anything yet.. too early to shoot my mouth off..

Would that be the same project that I'm working on too, you know the one that I mention in a P/m?

I bet It's either that or your adding solid booster rockets up the E's bum...
Old 09-22-2006, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Any Dyno Reuslts yet ???
Old 09-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
GTA23109a, Finny, W211E55,

Did you guys receive your kits? Everything ok?

That makes 6 kits that have been completed and delivered..

4 kits remaining:

- Apple 55 (At porting shop - should be ready today or tomorrow)
- Rock (At porting shop - should be ready today or tomorrow)
- BenzGal (Inlet at porting shop, TB on its way from Germany)
- JSpeed (Inlet & TB on their way from Germany)
Old 09-25-2006, 11:11 AM

03 E55 AMG
On it's way. UPS gave me a ring and it will be here tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Good news!! I cant believe the package to Australia beat the other 2 packages which were only going to California.. LOL..

P.S-> Its coming Fedex not UPS.

On it's way. UPS gave me a ring and it will be here tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Vic, the funds should be to you today or at the latest tomorrow. Once you have them, pm me for shipping information.

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***