W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
I was so excited last night that the whole tweak conversation went in one ear and out the other. LOL I will get some info for you guys. I know it had something to do with fiting it in my tight engine, not a flaw in Vic parts.

Vic I agree with your comment about changing the way the car behaves! I had a sick exhaust before and now it roars like a lion. The whole car performes better. Everyone should be getting this mod!!!!!!!

Dragon...I am ready to come out of the closet with my dyno's. LOL
I am taking the car back to them next week for the final dyno, and will post the results for you guys to see. I have had enough mods done to have a good feel for my car, and I say it feels like about 20rwhp gain with 90 miles on the ECU.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Kit #20 - Mad TKD

Dave.. You are on the list.. Lucky #20..
Old 10-13-2006, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by BENZGal

Dragon...I am ready to come out of the closet with my dyno's. LOL
I am taking the car back to them next week for the final dyno, and will post the results for you guys to see. I have had enough mods done to have a good feel for my car, and I say it feels like about 20rwhp gain with 90 miles on the ECU.
Another week... you're killing me. How about just sending it to me. I want to see the difference that the TB provides. I'm on the fence about ordering one.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:39 PM

Thanks bro.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

K guys I drove the car to L.A. last night and I have around 400 miles on it now. I can't get back to evo for a final dyno until mid next week, so my verifiable dyno results will be posted next week. My baseline was 493rwhp without headers. He predicts around 25-40rwhp with this mod, and I think he is right on after driving my car.

Impression of the 80mmTB....
Holy *****!!!!!!!
My car hauls *** off the line and on the top end! My car has always run great with my evo mods, but the TB changed the whole dynamics of my car. It idles better, runs better, has quick throttle response off the line, and has some left to destroy Vipers on the top end. I had a mean sounding exhaust to begin with, but the extra flow to my engine makes it sound like a friggin freight train. The car just performs and runs better period! I can't wait to get this thing back on the dyno! Those of you sitting on the fence about this one need to step off!

Thank you Victor!
Old 10-14-2006, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

K guys I drove the car to L.A. last night and I have around 400 miles on it now. I can't get back to evo for a final dyno until mid next week, so my verifiable dyno results will be posted next week. My baseline was 493rwhp without headers. He predicts around 25-40rwhp with this mod, and I think he is right on after driving my car.

Holy *****!!!!!!!
My car hauls *** off the line and on the top end! My car has always run great with my evo mods, but the TB changed the whole dynamics of my car. It idles better, runs better, has quick throttle response off the line, and has some left to destroy Vipers on the top end. I had a mean sounding exhaust to begin with, but the extra flow to my engine makes it sound like a friggin freight train. The car just performs and runs better period! I can't wait to get this thing back on the dyno! Those of you sitting on the fence about this one need to step off!

Thank you Victor!
493rwhp without headers is amazing. geez... can't wait to see the dyno.

You mentioned adding miles before the final dyno. Is that necessary with the TB mod? Does the ECU need to recalibrate itself for the extra airflow? I'm not sure that makes much sense or is true for that matter. Is it?
Old 10-14-2006, 01:20 PM

2012 GL350
This is not a 80mm TB if you look at the pictures....You need to measure it at the Thottle body not the OPENING!! What is the size at the body??
Old 10-14-2006, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dragonAMG
493rwhp without headers is amazing. geez... can't wait to see the dyno.

You mentioned adding miles before the final dyno. Is that necessary with the TB mod? Does the ECU need to recalibrate itself for the extra airflow? I'm not sure that makes much sense or is true for that matter. Is it?
Yup it's a healthy car! evosport doesn't get enough credit from all you K2&K4guys. Mine and Vic55's car haul a$$. I think Vrus is also evo? If you think that number is good wait till you see the TQ#. It's a friggin freight train. LOL
You know how picky these ECU's are Josh! It needs to recalibrate itself just like when you put on software. Mine adapted quicker than we expected. I noticed the difference just leaving the parking lot, and within 30 miles I heard the roar of new ponnies. It gets better and better each mile! Second thoughts on being different? LOL
Old 10-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
NICE!! Glad to hear the TB mod is going well. i was worried about the load limit with that mod. No matter what we do to the exhaust and intake, that TB is the limiting factor. Being able to open it up AND not have any errors will surely bump the TQ. I would think the car is simply more alive all the way through the band. How did it effect the idle? Any rougher? Not that I would mind, but just curious.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jangy
NICE!! Glad to hear the TB mod is going well. i was worried about the load limit with that mod. No matter what we do to the exhaust and intake, that TB is the limiting factor. Being able to open it up AND not have any errors will surely bump the TQ. I would think the car is simply more alive all the way through the band. How did it effect the idle? Any rougher? Not that I would mind, but just curious.
I got the limiter removed so it wasn't an issue for me. Yeah I think my already huge TQ number just got a big bump. My idle was already good with my custom set up, but it made that even better. Even the sound of my exhaust changed for the better. It has more base! I am not lying and Vrus was not lying when we said it made the whole car run better. These beast's are starving for more oxygen, and I am just glad that he came up with a safe solution.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I guess I'll have to wait and get feedback from others that haven't had the limiter removed before I plunge in, but a larger TB is such the no-brainer. i hate the thought of minor surgery for such an install, though. Are you going to play with the intake now to get more airflow?
Old 10-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I know this is a long thread, but, a few pages back I already posted about this.. The TB thread started with the title 80mm TB because that's what the description in the AMG catalogue is for this part.

I discovered the TB has a 80mm opening, a 79mm step up 0.5" from the throttle plate, and a 78mm throttle plate. Based on wall thickness the TB can still be ported further to 82mm or 83mm but at the current power level, the current size is sufficient.

Originally Posted by goalie_k
This is not a 80mm TB if you look at the pictures....You need to measure it at the Thottle body not the OPENING!! What is the size at the body??

Can't wait to see the results next week.. Looks like we'll have a whole string of dynos coming out next week.. You, Jim, Dave, Ken... and maybe Pasya.. Wonder how his install went on Friday....

Holy *****!!!!!!!

Thank you Victor!
Old 10-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Updated list:

Kit #10 - Jspeed
Kit #11 - Loren
Kit #12 - e55 baller
Kit #13 - E55 Russ
Kit #14 - Fleebee
Kit #15 - jmf003
Kit #16 - rflow306
Kit #17 - clum553946
Kit #18 - GhettoDreams
Kit #19 - mbamg06e55
Kit #20 - Mad TKD
Kit #21 - chiromikey

Parts for Kits #10 - #19 are ordered and should be on their way from Germany.. Parts for Kit #20 & #21 are in the queue but wont be processed by AMG Germany until Monday morning.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:02 AM

06' E55 & Scion Tc
The installation went smooth, the mechanic had a big smile on his face after he test drove the car.
Throttle response was not so sharp for the first couple miles, but getting better with more miles. According to my butt dyno the car feels stronger on the upper rpm range (between 4500 to redline). Before the TB I can feel that the power drop above 4500 rpm, right now the power delivery is more linear throughout the rpm range.

Did a couple of WOT from 60-70mph to 120~mph, ESP kicked in everytime and this is with quaiffe LSD. Need to improve rear traction .

Anyway, really happy with the result. Many thank's to you Victor .
Old 10-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Pasya,

So glad everything went smoothly.. Evosport should be a pro at installing these things now.. LOL..

I am glad you are enjoying the new found power.. Give it 150 - 200miles and then report back.. You'll notice a big improvement.

Something I should have mentioned to you guys also is to reset the Adaptive Throttle Settings.

- Key in ignition, turn to position 2 but DONT START CAR
- push gas pedal to the floor (make sure the kickdown switch is activated) and hold for 10 sec.
- (keep holding gas pedal to floor) turn key to OFF position BUT DONT REMOVE THE KEY..
- Release gas pedal
- Wait 2 min
- Start Car

This will remove all the driver adaptations and the ECU will relearn based on new airflow characteristics. Should help improve the learn time.

Originally Posted by W211E55
The installation went smooth, the mechanic had a big smile on his face after he test drove the car.
Throttle response was not so sharp for the first couple miles, but getting better with more miles. According to my butt dyno the car feels stronger on the upper rpm range (between 4500 to redline). Before the TB I can feel that the power drop above 4500 rpm, right now the power delivery is more linear throughout the rpm range.

Did a couple of WOT from 60-70mph to 120~mph, ESP kicked in everytime and this is with quaiffe LSD. Need to improve rear traction .

Anyway, really happy with the result. Many thank's to you Victor .
Old 10-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Received 509 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Just got off the phone with my tech (Ya, I know it's Sunday but he works about every day). He just finished the TB install and took it out for a little test drive.

"WOW!! This thing is wicked", and this was coming from a guy in charge of handling the SLRs and 65s at Mercedes.

As previously mentioned, he also noticed a big difference in the throttle response, "everything is right now!!..............boy are you going to love this!!"

I was suppose to have the car back yesterday but he ran into some problems with the replacement header install. He assured me that good things come to those that wait. Yayaya.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

that's great rock... I'm getting very excited about adding the TB. What are you guys all paying for install?
Old 10-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Received 509 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Josh, I would think you are looking at $450-550+ for a 4-5hr job. Make sure you only use a top-notch Mercedes mechanic.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rock
Josh, I would think you are looking at $450-550+ for a 4-5hr job. Make sure you only use a top-notch Mercedes mechanic.
Thanks for the info... Like Jim, my mechanic is the only one at Fletcher Jones that is SLR certified.

Mine is being installed this Wednesday and then I'm off to the track.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Josh.. LOL.. You bought the "other Guy's 80mm TB Kit".. Your results may not be the same as Rock's and everyone elses.... LOL..

ok.. ok.. Just kidding buddy.. breaking ***** is all..

Originally Posted by dragonAMG
that's great rock... I'm getting very excited about adding the TB. What are you guys all paying for install?
Dave,

That is awesome!!!! Your car is #5 on the VRP list to be up and running with the TB. Let us know your impressions when you get to drive it home. So far everyone that has driven a car with the new TB (owners, mechanics, etc) all agreed with my initial impressions when I installed it.. I hope you thoroughly enjoy it!!

Originally Posted by Rock
Just got off the phone with my tech (Ya, I know it's Sunday but he works about every day). He just finished the TB install and took it out for a little test drive.

"WOW!! This thing is wicked", and this was coming from a guy in charge of handling the SLRs and 65s at Mercedes.

As previously mentioned, he also noticed a big difference in the throttle response, "everything is right now!!..............boy are you going to love this!!"

I was suppose to have the car back yesterday but he ran into some problems with the replacement header install. He assured me that good things come to those that wait. Yayaya.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vrus
Josh.. LOL.. You bought the "other Guy's 80mm TB Kit".. Your results may not be the same as Rock's and everyone elses.... LOL..

ok.. ok.. Just kidding buddy.. breaking ***** is all..
LOL... I couldn't wait 1 month for your TB
Old 10-15-2006, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I feel sorry for my dyno guy tomorrow. I am gonna harass the crap outta him until he takes me in.

That and some grease the palm cash of course.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jakpro,
How many miles do you have on the new TB?
Old 10-16-2006, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
A hundred or so. We should be fine. Gonna do the ECU reset on the way up.

I popped the car on the dyno with a hundred miles or so after the SLR cams and she was fine. That's after battery completely out for battery recall so ECU was really cleared out. Car pulled 515 at the wheels with that vacuum leak that we found later.

Heh, going right into enemy territory....taking it to Ricer Subaru Tuning shop on their Mustang. This will be the 3rd time this conversation has happened with different shops.

me..."Hey, just a word of warning, this thing is called the Torque Monster so torque will hit really early and really hard. Looking at around 700 ft lbs at the crank"

him, "Annnnnd you're talking about a 4 door luxury car? Ohhhhh kkkkk???"

Oh this one is gonna be good. Gonna bring the video cam for this one.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
On dyno now....strapping down. Th e marvels of wireless net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***