W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
That's what I'm talking about!!!

I dropped off my car yesterday to have the TB installed and can hardly wait to have it done. The installer tells me I should get my car back Thursday, as there are several cars ahead of me for work. This is why I was not expecting a call from the installer today, which went like this:

Installer: Your car is ready. By the way, your car hauls a$$. I do not know how fast it was before, but it is dam fast now. I have been in a lot of fast cars and this is up there.

me: That's what I'm talking about!!!

At idle, the car is normal with no hint of a bigger TB. However, when you open her up and especially at highway speed, you can feel the additional horsepower from the TB. I will do a post-dyno in a few days. But, I dare say at least 20 rwhp (I also have a k2).

Also, the installer said the TB installer was straight forward and simple, although very involved b/c of what you need to remove and re-install to install the TB.

I will post dyno later this week.

Great job VRUS!!!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:24 PM
MNG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi's, a whole bunch of them
glad it all worked out for you, i bet you can't wait to go and drive the car
Old 01-19-2007, 01:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AW '05 C55
Will this 80mm TB mod work on an NA 55? I have a C55, may eventually supercharge it in the future. But would like to get my hands on this TB mod before the supply runs out.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Jack!! Awesome! Glad everything went smooth.. When my phone didn't ring, I figured they had no problems..

Have fun and enjoy it!!

Originally Posted by jcjmw
I dropped off my car yesterday to have the TB installed and can hardly wait to have it done. The installer tells me I should get my car back Thursday, as there are several cars ahead of me for work. This is why I was not expecting a call from the installer today, which went like this:

Installer: Your car is ready. By the way, your car hauls a$$. I do not know how fast it was before, but it is dam fast now. I have been in a lot of fast cars and this is up there.

me: That's what I'm talking about!!!

At idle, the car is normal with no hint of a bigger TB. However, when you open her up and especially at highway speed, you can feel the additional horsepower from the TB. I will do a post-dyno in a few days. But, I dare say at least 20 rwhp (I also have a k2).

Also, the installer said the TB installer was straight forward and simple, although very involved b/c of what you need to remove and re-install to install the TB.

I will post dyno later this week.

Great job VRUS!!!!!
The TB itself will work, but the electronics (wiring) is slightly different. As well, you dont need the S/C inlet. I can get you an 80mm TB if you want to "experiment".. I just can't guarantee the fitment because I've never tried it, but, I can help you by getting you the wiring schematics and doing the electronics part for you.

The only parts you can use from the kit are the TB itself and the 80mm Y-pipe.

Originally Posted by cldriver
Will this 80mm TB mod work on an NA 55? I have a C55, may eventually supercharge it in the future. But would like to get my hands on this TB mod before the supply runs out.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:54 AM

AW '05 C55
Originally Posted by vrus

The TB itself will work, but the electronics (wiring) is slightly different. As well, you dont need the S/C inlet. I can get you an 80mm TB if you want to "experiment".. I just can't guarantee the fitment because I've never tried it, but, I can help you by getting you the wiring schematics and doing the electronics part for you.

The only parts you can use from the kit are the TB itself and the 80mm Y-pipe.
Can you research the electronics/wiring change I would need to do on my car? As long as there's no maching work that needs to be done on my part to fit this then I'm definitely interested in 'experimenting'.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:24 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
04 E55 B07
I never got a chance to put the stock TB and 80mm TB side by side so you can get a feel for how much bigger the 80mm really is, BUT, here are the 2 Y-pipes for comparison.

One is the stock Y-pipe and one is new 80mm Y-pipe I include with the kit.. Can you guess which is which?

Hello Vrus,
Can u provide the part# for this 80mm Y-pipe, or if you don't want to share the part # can you sell me one? I'm trying to experiment something on my M113 motor, actually trying to fit this on top of my mass air meter which measures 82mm, i'm looking to fit the e55 airboxes.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Will do.. I'll see what I can dig up in WIS.

Can you research the electronics/wiring change I would need to do on my car? As long as there's no maching work that needs to be done on my part to fit this then I'm definitely interested in 'experimenting'.
No problem.. I'll send you a PM tomorrow.

Originally Posted by mertd93
Hello Vrus,
Can u provide the part# for this 80mm Y-pipe, or if you don't want to share the part # can you sell me one? I'm trying to experiment something on my M113 motor, actually trying to fit this on top of my mass air meter which measures 82mm, i'm looking to fit the e55 airboxes.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
Does anyone know of any installer in the Dallas, TX area that would do this? The dealership said no and I don't really want them to know I did it anyway. Dallas has a pathetic mod market unless you drive a 95 civic.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:56 AM
MNG

Audi's, a whole bunch of them
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
Does anyone know of any installer in the Dallas, TX area that would do this? The dealership said no and I don't really want them to know I did it anyway. Dallas has a pathetic mod market unless you drive a 95 civic.
bfnnrgn, try these guys they have expreience with kleemann mods and should have no problem installing the TB

Park Place Motorcars
6113 Lemmon Avenue
Dallas, TX 75209
Tel: 214.526.8701
Fax: 214.224.1998
Old 01-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Ok.. got some more info for you..

C55 TB part number is 113 141 0125
This TB is used in C32, C55, SLK55 and CLK55 W209

We can get the 80mm TB to work in your car, but I wouldnt know about the adpater plate without physically looking at the car. I dont know anyone with a C55 or C32 up here that I can look at their TB inlet.

I am also not sure if putting an 80mm in your car is a good idea.. You will most likely lose torque and responsiveness.. I'll do some more research..

Old 01-28-2007, 08:14 PM

04 E55 B07
Vrus, you never got back to me on that 80mm Y-pipe. Do you have a used 80mm Y-pipe and connecting rubber tubes that you don't have use for and want to let them go for a good price?
Old 01-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Sorry.. Didnt meant to ignore.. too many things going... to be honest. I forgot.. I apologize.

I dont have anything extra here right now and there is no shipment inbound from Germany at this point.

If you wait a week you can buy mine once I put the airbox on my car.

Originally Posted by mertd93
Vrus, you never got back to me on that 80mm Y-pipe. Do you have a used 80mm Y-pipe and connecting rubber tubes that you don't have use for and want to let them go for a good price?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:33 PM

04 E55 B07
Sorry.. Didnt meant to ignore.. too many things going... to be honest. I forgot.. I apologize.

I dont have anything extra here right now and there is no shipment inbound from Germany at this point.

If you wait a week you can buy mine once I put the airbox on my car.
Vrus, don't worry, i know you have a million projects going on , that's why i didn't bother you. I will wait a week no problem, i'm not in a rush. Thanks for your time.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:24 AM

vrus:

what timeframe for 80mm throttle body to be on my door step if i order tomorrow?
I have a completely stock 2004 SL55 ... what do you expect RWHP gain to be?
What additional mod's would you suggest to push me to right over 500RWHP?

What do you think of this combination, and your estimate on gains?

ASP Pulley (chose based on increased boost over others)
VRUS 80mm Throttle Body

Would you suggest I get an ECU, and if so from Kleemann or Renntech?
I've heard that the Kleeman headers are the largest so I would like to match them with a Kleeman ECU, however I don't plan on getting headers or ECU for a while.

Also, will running with stock ECU affect gains with ASP pulley and 80mm TB?
Is it possible for a local tuner shop to dyno-tune my SL55?

I am planning to go to Bavarian Hyper Sports in Houston for the mod installs.

Last edited by Mrdredd; 02-02-2007 at 04:30 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:59 AM

SL55AMG, ML420CDI, E320TCDI
Update

Hi Vrus

How are things going. I can see that a lot of people have taken advantage of my TB.

I have been gone for a while, but i can see how this tread has grown large.

Whats the status on the project ??
Old 02-03-2007, 09:40 AM

'03 E55
Victor,

Are there any V80mm tb's left?
I was thinking it would work good together with the cf airbox I ordered from you.

Tony
Old 02-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
If I have a kit on hand it ships within 24hrs of clearance of payment. If I dont have parts here, it takes 4-5 business days for parts to arrive from Germany and then 24hrs for me to modify them and get them ready for shipping.

Not sure of exact power increase on a stock car.. There are quite a few guys on here that bought them for a completely stock car but I dont remember the dyno numbers to be honest. On a ECU & PUlley car they are good for 25-30rwhp from what most people are telling me.

To get to 500rwhp you need pullies, ECU, headers, 80mm TB.. On a strong car this combo should push you above 500rwhp. ASP pulley is a good choice... reasonably priced and provides +1psi of boost over the competition.

My personal preference for headers is Evosport shorty headers.

You can run ASP pulley & 80mm TB on a stock car, but you wont get 100% out of the combination until you reprogram the ECU.

Originally Posted by Mrdredd
vrus:

what timeframe for 80mm throttle body to be on my door step if i order tomorrow?

VRUS 80mm Throttle Body

I've heard that the Kleeman headers are the largest so I would like to match them with a Kleeman ECU, however I don't plan on getting headers or ECU for a while.

I am planning to go to Bavarian Hyper Sports in Houston for the mod installs.

Good to see you are still around!! I've built quite a few kits for people on the board.. I think the majority of the E55 running around have 80mm TBs now.. LOL..

Originally Posted by SLcharger
Hi Vrus

How are things going. I can see that a lot of people have taken advantage of my TB.

I have been gone for a while, but i can see how this tread has grown large.

Whats the status on the project ??
Hey Tony,

I can put one together for you.

Originally Posted by m3tonyh@verizon
Victor,

Are there any V80mm tb's left?
I was thinking it would work good together with the cf airbox I ordered from you.

Tony
Old 02-03-2007, 12:19 PM

2018 E63S wagon, 2016 GLE350d, GLE450 on order
[QUOTE=Mrdredd;1982853]vrus:

VRUS 80mm Throttle Body

I am planning to go to Bavarian Hyper Sports in Houston for the mod installs.[/QUOTE

i would add some kind of upgrade to the intercooler system as a first step, either with a larger pump of complete kit. last thing you want is the ecu cutting all your new power
Old 02-03-2007, 12:24 PM

2018 E63S wagon, 2016 GLE350d, GLE450 on order
dont' know what happened to the above post...

Mrdredd, i would add some kind of upgrade to the intercooler system as a first step, either with a larger pump of complete kit. last thing you want is the ecu cutting all your new power
Old 02-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Absolutely! Thanks for putting that out there... That's usually the first thing that pops out of my mouth but I completely glossed over it..

Cooling system would be the FIRST step before you spend on anything else.

Originally Posted by jparch
dont' know what happened to the above post...

Mrdredd, i would add some kind of upgrade to the intercooler system as a first step, either with a larger pump of complete kit. last thing you want is the ecu cutting all your new power
Old 02-03-2007, 01:10 PM

'03 E55
Victor that would be great. I was wondering do I need the 80mm y-tube in conjunction with the new cf airbox?? Also, what was the price again for the TB kit and could you send me the link to paypal you.
Also my E55 has a Renntech stage1(pulley/ecu) would I need to do any different programming changes to the ecu?

Thanks, Tony
Old 02-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Email coming your way.

Originally Posted by m3tonyh@verizon
Victor that would be great. I was wondering do I need the 80mm y-tube in conjunction with the new cf airbox?? Also, what was the price again for the TB kit and could you send me the link to paypal you.
Also my E55 has a Renntech stage1(pulley/ecu) would I need to do any different programming changes to the ecu?

Thanks, Tony
Old 02-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
All TB kits have been shipped out.

I have 1 inbound kit on its way.. Supposed to have arrived today so I should have it in hand by Monday..

If anyone else is looking for one, I have 1 left.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:48 PM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Man, I would love that TB but I'm streched with some business growth lack of resources.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:52 PM

CLS 55 AMG, 2002 Chevy Avalanche (w/ NOS) :D
All TB kits have been shipped out.

I have 1 inbound kit on its way.. Supposed to have arrived today so I should have it in hand by Monday..

If anyone else is looking for one, I have 1 left.

is that the last throttle body ur going to sell or are u gona have more in the future?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***