Sponsored by:

Pre purchase inspection NJ/PA area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55
Pre purchase inspection NJ/PA area?

Anyone recommend an honest and thorough mechanic or shop who can do a pre purchase inspection in the NJ/PA area? I'm in CA and need someone who I can count on to give me a meticulous inspection.

Thanks!
David
Old 05-09-2006, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by Daveskee
Anyone recommend an honest and thorough mechanic or shop who can do a pre purchase inspection in the NJ/PA area? I'm in CA and need someone who I can count on to give me a meticulous inspection.

Thanks!
David
What are you looking at buying and where are you looking to buy it from ?
Old 05-09-2006, 10:06 PM

'05 E55
I'm looking at buying a W210 E55 from a private party.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Please provide location of "private party".
Old 05-09-2006, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Call a local MB dealer and speak to theservice manager....I just did this...if he is a good guy he will take it in and inspect it completely for you...I sent him and the mechanic a gift cert to go out to Mortons and have some drinks on me...
Old 05-09-2006, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
If the car is in / near central Jersey...call up Ray Catena Mercedes Benz...a very reputable dealer with great service, he's one of the largest dealers, if not thee largest dealer, in the NE . His service center has 64 bays and is the size of a warehouse, literally. Their number is 732-549-6606 the head manager there I believe is Glen Gato and they're located in Edison, NJ.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:44 AM

'05 E55
Please provide location of "private party".
I believe the closest dealership is Cherry Hill.

Call a local MB dealer and speak to theservice manager....I just did this...if he is a good guy he will take it in and inspect it completely for you...I sent him and the mechanic a gift cert to go out to Mortons and have some drinks on me...
Just might try that idea! Thanks!

If the car is in / near central Jersey...call up Ray Catena Mercedes Benz.
Ray Catena is about 70 miles north. Might be a little far, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Anyone heard anything about Cherry Hill Mercedes?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anyone heard anything about Cherry Hill Mercedes?
Is this where you are buying it from? My mechanic ( www.onlybenz.com ) is about 20 minutes from thisdealership.I thought you were buying it from a private party? Where ( what city ) is you "private party" located?I live and work in south jersey.Without knowing the location of the private party it makes it difficult.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Ray Catena is about 70 miles north. Might be a little far, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Anyone heard anything about Cherry Hill Mercedes?[/QUOTE]

Obviously its your choice, I have complete trust in the people at Ray Catena MB and his other dealerships. I've heard some negative things about Cherry Hill MB, but that doesn't make it a bad place, its your call.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:29 PM

'05 E55
This is a private party purchase. I'm trying to determine whether the dealership closest to the private party is reliable or not. I was mistaken and it appears that Keenan Mercedes in Doylestown, PA is the closest. Anyone have any experience with Keenan?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anyone have any experience with Keenan?
The guy I bought my 420SEL off of had the car serviced there a few times.I asked him about the service there and he said whenever he was in the area he would stop in just for oil changes-that probably doesn't help you much.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Call and talk to the Service Manager...BS with him and tell him your concerns and let him know you will take care of him...feel him out. I think they will help you out no matter what dealer you go to. As long as the guy is a "car guy" he should take an interest. Even the service guys eyes open wider when you talk about an AMG so they will hopefully enjoy looking at it and going over it real good. The dealer I used took it in...looked it over top to bottom on the rack...put it on the computer and let me know the entire history of the car. Told me there were 3 minor recalls that needed to be completed. Looked for any paint issues etc. I bought the car and bought them drinks. I also let them complete the recalls and change the oil and filter so the dealer even made a few bucks. They held the car there for me under cover and waited for the transporter. They really went beyond the call of duty for me. They were happy...I was happy...they helped me out. Now the REAL test comes when the car gets here in the morning. ! Flawless, mint, beautiful,spotless etc....mean a lot of different things to different people. I am a lunatic when it comes to meticulous care and flawless condition so I hope he had the same mind set. I sure hope so.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:29 PM

'05 E55
Thanks guys. I'll give Keenan a try and see what they can do. If you guys are interested I'll let you know what my experience is.

Thanks again!