Sponsored by:

All Chicago W211 E55 owners~!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
All Chicago W211 E55 owners~!!!

I go to school in Indiana where there is no tuning shop to install my Kleemann parts...So, im planning to install my K2 in Chicago downtown area....Is there any shop with good reputation and resonable price that you guyz recommend or have experienced?
By the way, i found one place called Willow Automotive and they are telling me that they have done the Kleemann installation before...Have u guyz heard of them??

P.S: Im currently out of country and am planning to install when i go back in August...
Old 06-08-2006, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Originally Posted by AMG Rider
I go to school in Indiana where there is no tuning shop to install my Kleemann parts...So, im planning to install my K2 in Chicago downtown area....Is there any shop with good reputation and resonable price that you guyz recommend or have experienced?
By the way, i found one place called Willow Automotive and they are telling me that they have done the Kleemann installation before...Have u guyz heard of them??

P.S: Im currently out of country and am planning to install when i go back in August...
Search posts in this forum for "Please help with Kleeman mod". I believe there was a complaint, regarding some damage they did to a forum member's car, and refused to fix it! If I were U, SHIP IT to Cory....and get it done right without losing sleep @ night.

Last edited by ENDSMTG; 06-08-2006 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Added previous post information
Old 06-08-2006, 11:02 AM
dsc

2004 E55
[QUOTE=AMG Rider]I go to school in Indiana where there is no tuning shop to install my Kleemann parts...So, im planning to install my K2 in Chicago downtown area....Is there any shop with good reputation and resonable price that you guyz recommend or have experienced?

AMG Rider,

I’ve heard of Willow. I had my K2 and LSD done there. Very nice people when they are getting your business. BUT, after that you are SCREWED! They caused over $6000.00 worth of damage to my 2004 E55 with what can be considered NO customer service. They also caused me to be without my car for about 35 days (in the shop getting repaired by the dealer). I have had nothing but problems with the install. In fact on the last problem, a leaking differential, I was advised to bring it somewhere else for repair NOT back to Willow by the people that provided the parts (they shall remain nameless). From the beginning of my problems, Willow took the attitude of "why are you bothering me" (in my opinion).

So, if you DON'T want to drive your car and you DO want a lot of damage, personal expense, lost personal time and aggravation, bring it to Willow!

PS. The Kleemann parts are great. Find a good installer. I say all this because I don’t want to see another owner get ripped off and go threw what I did when this should have been an exciting fun experience. Best bet, bring it to Colorado or at least have Cory or Brandon personally recommend an installer that they are willing to vouch for. Don’t get the installer off the Kleemann website, that’s where I found Willow. Good luck and enjoy.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:12 AM

996TT
got my K2 installed at fall-linemotorsports http://www.fall-linemotorsports.com/ Great people to deal with. Check them out!
Old 06-08-2006, 05:37 PM

Thanx guyz~
thank god i havent brought my car to Willow...
i will check the forum carefully and fall line motorsports that you recommend..
Thanx alot and if there is any place you guyz recommend, Please tell me~~
Colorado seems too complicated to me with all the shipping process and etc..
Old 06-08-2006, 07:01 PM

06' E55
The installer with the most experience is Knauz Mercedes in Lake Bluff but they also have the highest labor rates. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:49 AM
dsc

2004 E55
Originally Posted by catalystkid
The installer with the most experience is Knauz Mercedes in Lake Bluff but they also have the highest labor rates. Good luck.
I've heard good things about them. They are much more expensive than other installers. On one hand it's good to have them install because they are a Mercedes dealer and should have the best knowledge base and capabilities. They also have the power to decide about waranty if you take it back to them.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:01 PM
dsc

2004 E55

I should tell you there is an excellent NEW Kleemann installer and Distributor located just outside Chicago in Melrose Park, IL.

They were the ones to help fix some of the damaged from Willow. They have recently been officially authorized by Kleemann. For those of you who Know Marcus Frost, he turned me onto them.

Their info is:
Chicago Performance & Tuning Co.
708-343-8677

My car is there now getting the EvoSport rotors, pads, steel brake lines and racing fluid installed. Along with an alignment and exhaust repair from the Willow job. I highly recommend them. They are VERY easy to work with and know what they are doing.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Just saw this thread, I'd also recommend CPT. They only recently became a Kleemann dealer, but they are very good guys. They built my S4 and are the only guys outside of my dealer that I would let touch my SL. They give it to you straight and there are no egos or bull**** to deal with.

http://www.gocpt.com call and ask for Al. He knows both Dan (dsc) and I very well.

dsc - good to see you again, tried calling you two weeks ago, give me a buzz...

-m
Old 06-13-2006, 03:16 AM

Thanx guyz~U guyz are the best!!!
My last question would be if the price is resonable there~
How much should i expect for the installation of K2???
Old 06-13-2006, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
K2 installed by Knauz in wife's G,($4k just for headers!)but after 16k miles of hard driving not even one problem with it.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:37 AM
dsc

2004 E55
Thanx guyz~U guyz are the best!!!
My last question would be if the price is resonable there~
How much should i expect for the installation of K2???
I don't know what they will charge, give them a call. I do know they are the best priced shop I have been to period, for any of my E55 needs and they take their time with you.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:57 AM

06' E55
Talking

dsc/Marcus,

Thanks for the information. I too have been looking at doing some Kleemann upgrades. I have talked with Knauz and liked the idea of working with a dealership in case of any warranty issues but they just seemed to expensive. Several people have said not to go to Willow and while I had heard of CPT from Kleemann's web site I was nervous to call them because I new they just started "officially" working with Kleemann and I did not want to be their Ginuea Pig. I have been tossing around the idea of driving out to Denver but I really do not want to put 2,100 miles on my car and be a two day drive away from the shop if I need any follow up work. I am glad that you two have pointed out a competent and fairly priced shop that is probably 20 minutes from where I live. Thanks again guys and I will probably be stopping by CPT some time this week.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
I agree Knauz is expensive but thats the price for a complete peace of mind,in case of any trouble with your car they stand behind it and make sure you are happy.(had serious problems with E55)
Old 06-13-2006, 11:32 AM
dsc

2004 E55
It really is a matter of your relationship with your Dealer. My Dealer has supported me in what ever I have done to my car, and indeed offered help. This is done behind the face of "mods void your warranty".
Old 06-13-2006, 01:44 PM

06' E55
I am pretty friendly with the owner of my dealer. I think that unless it is obvious that it is the modification that is causing the problem they will be happy to work with me. You have to remember that the service dept is where the profit is at and as long as MB is footing the bill I am sure they would rather be getting the work then someone else. My hope is that if I use a good shop in the first place all of these issues will be avoided. Now after saying that I know this is the real world and things usually do not work that way.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by catalystkid
dsc/Marcus,

Thanks for the information. I too have been looking at doing some Kleemann upgrades. I have talked with Knauz and liked the idea of working with a dealership in case of any warranty issues but they just seemed to expensive. Several people have said not to go to Willow and while I had heard of CPT from Kleemann's web site I was nervous to call them because I new they just started "officially" working with Kleemann and I did not want to be their Ginuea Pig. I have been tossing around the idea of driving out to Denver but I really do not want to put 2,100 miles on my car and be a two day drive away from the shop if I need any follow up work. I am glad that you two have pointed out a competent and fairly priced shop that is probably 20 minutes from where I live. Thanks again guys and I will probably be stopping by CPT some time this week.
No problem - and just for the record (please don't take this the wrong way) but stuff like K2 installs are really not something where there's going to be any "guess work on". It's very easy & straightforward. The guys who run CPT are former Audi service techs so they know very well how a car needs to be worked on. I wouldn't let the notion that they are relatively new to the MB scene scare you, at least not for simple stuff like a K2 install. I honestly don't think anything offered for the E55 yet is really that complicated - to just remove the turbos on my S4, you actually have to pull the engine. - talk about a PITA.

Good luck bud, I've started seeing a LOT of E55s around Chicago lately...

-m