Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG Aftermarket Parts for the US

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG Aftermarket Parts for the US

Many of us have been waiting anxiously for parts like the F1 steering wheel, safety car bumper, AMG LSD, M-2 shift upgrade and many other parts (which are currently offered in Affalterbach to the European clientelle) to be offered to the US enthusiasts as well.

Now that we have a direct communication platform with AMG (i.e. the Private Lounge), we should use this to its fullest extent and let the people at AMG know what we believe could be improved or changed.

I have posted a topic in the "feedback" section of the Private Lounge (www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge) highlighting that we (the US AMG enthusiast) would love to have the ability to customize our vehicles the way that Eurpean consumer can and have the ability to obtain the aftermarket products that are currently being offered by AMG Manufaktur (this inlcudes the aforementioned products along with many others such as big brake upgrades, racing seats, speed limiter removal, 19in wheels, headers & power packages, etc. etc.).

If you are interested in potentially obtaining such parts for your car, please show your support/ interest by posting a brief reply to this topic. I think that if the people at AMG become cognizant of how many people in their largest end-market (i.e. the US) are interested in obtaining such parts, than there is a good chance that such products will be offered here as well.

As another note, I think that we should all take advantage of this new forum and actively post there.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by 2QUIK4U
Many of us have been waiting anxiously for parts like the F1 steering wheel, safety car bumper, AMG LSD, M-2 shift upgrade and many other parts (which are currently offered in Affalterbach to the European clientelle) to be offered to the US enthusiasts as well.

Now that we have a direct communication platform with AMG (i.e. the Private Lounge), we should use this to its fullest extent and let the people at AMG know what we believe could be improved or changed.

I have posted a topic in the "feedback" section of the Private Lounge (www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge) highlighting that we (the US AMG enthusiast) would love to have the ability to customize our vehicles the way that Eurpean consumer can and have the ability to obtain the aftermarket products that are currently being offered by AMG Manufaktur (this inlcudes the aforementioned products along with many others such as big brake upgrades, racing seats, speed limiter removal, 19in wheels, headers & power packages, etc. etc.).

If you are interested in potentially obtaining such parts for your car, please show your support/ interest by posting a brief reply to this topic. I think that if the people at AMG become cognizant of how many people in their largest end-market (i.e. the US) are interested in obtaining such parts, than there is a good chance that such products will be offered here as well.

As another note, I think that we should all take advantage of this new forum and actively post there.
The reality of this topic is it will never happen.

The cost to DOT cert all those parts would be massive and the ability to recover those costs through sales would be next to nothing.

If you want a 10k diff and a 3k steering wheel maybe it can be done. You are better off using the existing network of tuners here in the states instead of trying to get the amg parts.

Id love to have all those parts on my cars but the laws in this country are so strick and everyone loves to file law suites so MB wont want to expose themselves to the chance of ending up in court if somehting fails or if someone gets hurt.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05E55
It's worth a try! I can't stand the stock steering wheel! It belongs in a Honda. I sat in a new M Z4 and absolutely loved the steering wheel, very thick plus smaller diameter in nice leather. The new 63 wheel (I hope) will give the same look in feel. Got have paddles for the 55! I just can't justify $2500 for the Brabus wheel.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
If you are talking about getting a brand new E55 spec'd the way you want it, I understand. But, if you are saying that europeans get aftermarket parts that we can't then I am confused. Why can't you also buy an aftermarket part and add it to your US spec car? You can buy the Euro LSD / Steering Wheel, etc. and have it shipped to the US and installed here.
By the way, I am down with an LSD group buy if anyone wants to chime in??
Old 06-25-2006, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by jangy
If you are talking about getting a brand new E55 spec'd the way you want it, I understand. But, if you are saying that europeans get aftermarket parts that we can't then I am confused. Why can't you also buy an aftermarket part and add it to your US spec car? You can buy the Euro LSD / Steering Wheel, etc. and have it shipped to the US and installed here.
By the way, I am down with an LSD group buy if anyone wants to chime in??

Jangy,

Just get the quaife. It is hands down the best diff on the market for these cars. Having the quaife in the C32 i use at the track made the car 100x easier to drive. You can actually apply power leaving a corner. Its kind of odd....

Kleemanns diff is a drag diff and wont work at the track and the same goes for the diff offered by AMG. A torsion diff works Far better than the one used by Kleemann and the 30% locking used by amg is just way to little.

The Quaife is actually a deal for what you get and if you need help with the installation let me know. I will point you in the right direction and get it put in your car.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Hmm, hearing more about this quaife. May have to check. I loved what the AMG had to offer, so if this is better, then heck yeah!!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20+ to list......
Quaife LSD's are probably the finest on the market, having a few installed in my other fast cars, I would never want to buy any other LSD's than Quaife.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
I have mailed AMG maybe 5 times (via the website) about the F1 steering wheel and have yet to have an answer ... ferking rediculous service. Whats the point of having the damn website -- complete waste of time in my opinion ... also the lounge is ONLY for US customers. What a crock of sh*t.