RENNtech new digitial lowering module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
RENNtech new digitial lowering module

Any word from anyone? Like it, don't, why? Is there any better about to be out? Etc. Also, how much, installed!!

Jeff and I are getting it on Monday. Hope they are all they are CRACK'd...
Old 07-13-2006, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG, 2006 Range Rover Sport with Kahn Design Package
I am having the new Renntech module installed on Tuesday. (SL 55) Installation is probably $300, 3 hrs of labor.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by adam@kronen
I am having the new Renntech module installed on Tuesday. (SL 55) Installation is probably $300, 3 hrs of labor.
How much installed Adam?

Last edited by 2K6E55; 07-14-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
How much installed?
retails for $1195 (not installed) from the RENN
Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Where does the module go , once installed. Am I supposed to dismantle the car to get at the module each time I need it? I dunno why I assumed there would be a little console that hides somewhere.
Also, it doesn't look like it is adjustable at all four corners (treats rear as one).
Lastly, what are the two settings? Is there an agressive mode? I know zero is off, but what is 1 and 2?
Old 07-14-2006, 12:08 AM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by jangy
Where does the module go , once installed. Am I supposed to dismantle the car to get at the module each time I need it? I dunno why I assumed there would be a little console that hides somewhere.
Also, it doesn't look like it is adjustable at all four corners (treats rear as one).
Lastly, what are the two settings? Is there an agressive mode? I know zero is off, but what is 1 and 2?
I will ask James!
Old 07-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
I will ask James!
Please do as that is a BIG thing to me. I would at least want it in the glove box or something.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Please do as that is a BIG thing to me. I would at least want it in the glove box or something.
Like the LS430's Dataride or whatever it's called...
Old 07-14-2006, 02:41 AM

2005 e55
none of the modules can adjust all four corners,the rear is a single sensor and the front sensors are on each side but not indepedently adjustable;the kleemann allows the rear to be adjusted seperately.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
I was actually pretty curious as to how these things install...

so, I found the manual on the renntech site:
http://www.renntechmercedes.com/PDF/..._CLS_04_06.pdf

hope this helps!
Old 07-14-2006, 12:22 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I had mine installed by a Renntech dealer. I love the stance. One day I'm going to get off my dead rear end and take some photos. Perhaps this weekend.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Rudyrono
I had mine installed by a Renntech dealer. I love the stance. One day I'm going to get off my dead rear end and take some photos. Perhaps this weekend.
Can you tell me where the module is mounted and how you get access to it?

How much, installed?

thanks
Old 07-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I thought that with the lowerin modules, you can control the front two as one and the rear as one? Is this not true? I am pretty sure you can't control each indivisual corner but I thought you adjust the fronts as one and the rears as one?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
I still don't like the idea of splicing and cutting wires
Old 07-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
I thought that with the lowerin modules, you can control the front two as one and the rear as one? Is this not true? I am pretty sure you can't control each indivisual corner but I thought you adjust the fronts as one and the rears as one?
With this one, each of the fronts is separate and the rear is one. it basically works on each of the sensors.

I am also thinking of the wiring. I need to know what it will be like finished to decide if it is a go or if I want to stick to the links>>
Old 07-14-2006, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
With this one, each of the fronts is separate and the rear is one. it basically works on each of the sensors.

I am also thinking of the wiring. I need to know what it will be like finished to decide if it is a go or if I want to stick to the links>>
Get the RENNtech module. There is one in my future for sure.

It is what I have been waiting for. And the price is right.

When my car is back from the shop I will staring getting mine.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

AMGs
Can you tell me where the module is mounted and how you get access to it?

How much, installed?

thanks
Jangy,

Here's what I got back from James.

The Renntech Module is located under the Passenger seat carpet, and it attached to your air matic system.

Here is alittle tidbit from renntech:
RENNtech's new generation lowering module now available!

This all new lowering module does away the analog control of competitors and replaces it with a module that is controlled by four digital microprocessors. Digital control eliminates the temperature variations as well as any inconsistencies of the older generation modules. This module will fit any ABC or AirMatic Mercedes using a user selectable switch.

The digital design also allows for a module that can be adjusted to provide any height between stock to a ground slammed 50mm lower. This is achieved by individual wheel height adjustment. Using eight position rotary switches the user can adjust each front wheel and the rear axle height individually.

This revolutionary device is encased in a watertight molded ABS enclosure and utilizes an automotive grade waterproof electrical connector. All required hardware as well as a comprehensive installation manual are included in the ready to install kit.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz

The risk of the links is that at speed the car lowers another 10-20 mm depending on speed and once you get the car to you desired level with the links the car then lowers even more and the car becomes to low. At that point bottoming out or hitting uneven pavement can be hazardous due to the speeds at which these cars can travel.

With the renntech new digital module, the car will revert to a higher ride height once you pass a pre-determined speed. This way you maintain the stability the factory designed into the car for top speed runs and also keep the sporty feel for slower canyon driving (or when parked at the front of the valet line).

Furthermore Jangy the digital nature of this module prevents discrepancies in the ride height. Other modules (old style) are analog and they use resisters to change the voltage and there by lower the vehicle. When a resister gets warm (as on a hot day in extreme conditions etc) the voltage can vary a bit and a .1 difference in voltage will cause a variance in ride height. Not all resisters will react the same so the cars height can vary according to temperatures.

Also the analog systems tend to have variance between the two front wheels even when left alone since the electronics on a stock car are not always exact. This means your car can easily be uneven both at stock heights and when lowered. I know my car was NOT even stock and only was even after I went ahead and did the star diagnostic lowering. The digital system prevents any differences and gives out constant signals and this means the right ride height all the time.

Finally even when using star diagnostic to lower the car, you still have the issue where the car lowers in sprots 2 mode and when traveling over 76 mph. So you cant go as low as you wanted to for style due to the fact that you will risk damaging the car at speed if you hit a dip or bump on the freeway. I have had issues with running out of travel many times and this RENNtech module solves that whole issue for me.

I’m looking forward to trying it out for sure.

Hope this sways your vote!!
Old 07-14-2006, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
The kit lowers the car in 2 stages. Each time it lowes 22 mm or something like that. So phase 1 is the first step of lowering and phase 2 is even lower.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
The risk of the links is that at speed the car lowers another 10-20 mm depending on speed and once you get the car to you desired level with the links the car then lowers even more and the car becomes to low. At that point bottoming out or hitting uneven pavement can be hazardous due to the speeds at which these cars can travel.

With the renntech new digital module, the car will revert to a higher ride height once you pass a pre-determined speed. This way you maintain the stability the factory designed into the car for top speed runs and also keep the sporty feel for slower canyon driving (or when parked at the front of the valet line).

Furthermore Jangy the digital nature of this module prevents discrepancies in the ride height. Other modules (old style) are analog and they use resisters to change the voltage and there by lower the vehicle. When a resister gets warm (as on a hot day in extreme conditions etc) the voltage can vary a bit and a .1 difference in voltage will cause a variance in ride height. Not all resisters will react the same so the cars height can vary according to temperatures.

Also the analog systems tend to have variance between the two front wheels even when left alone since the electronics on a stock car are not always exact. This means your car can easily be uneven both at stock heights and when lowered. I know my car was NOT even stock and only was even after I went ahead and did the star diagnostic lowering. The digital system prevents any differences and gives out constant signals and this means the right ride height all the time.

Finally even when using star diagnostic to lower the car, you still have the issue where the car lowers in sprots 2 mode and when traveling over 76 mph. So you cant go as low as you wanted to for style due to the fact that you will risk damaging the car at speed if you hit a dip or bump on the freeway. I have had issues with running out of travel many times and this RENNtech module solves that whole issue for me.

I’m looking forward to trying it out for sure.

Hope this sways your vote!!

Excellent points. I'm swayed. I forgot about the at speed part. So, you are saying that I can decide what level the car goes to at a specific speed?
Old 07-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
The kit lowers the car in 2 stages. Each time it lowes 22 mm or something like that. So phase 1 is the first step of lowering and phase 2 is even lower.
But how handy is the module so that I can flip the settings? There may be days I wanna drop and roll and days that I want some travel to haul a$$. Is that gonna happen, or do I need to set it up and leave it alone?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:33 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
But how handy is the module so that I can flip the settings? There may be days I wanna drop and roll and days that I want some travel to haul a$$. Is that gonna happen, or do I need to set it up and leave it alone?
Jang, on your steering wheel scroll in the sub menu to find "Height adjustment" and change the setting there.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:56 AM

08' S550,,,C63!
Originally Posted by JAY55
Jang, on your steering wheel scroll in the sub menu to find "Height adjustment" and change the setting there.
Are you kidding? I didnt know it was that easy to change the height of the module once installed! I really like this!
Old 07-15-2006, 10:01 AM

08' S550,,,C63!
Get the RENNtech module. There is one in my future for sure.

It is what I have been waiting for. And the price is right.

When my car is back from the shop I will staring getting mine.
I cant wait to get one but here in Puerto Rico there is no good installion center, I would have to do it myself because the dealer said they would remove my warranty if I installed a module when I asked them to do it. The dealer here is crapy!
Old 07-15-2006, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Originally Posted by JAY55
Jay is this for real ???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RENNtech new digitial lowering module