*** $1,500 CF Airbox with HP benefits ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Hey Loren,

I agree.. Its been a long run for this project.. but.. I started it and I will make sure I live up to my end of the deal and finish it.

You have the Gen 1 kit which has the adapter plate. And, Yes.. I do keep a master list..

*** UPDATE ***

Just received word that the remaining Gen 1 80mm TB airboxes are going to be here next week.. ALSO.. The first set of airtubes and engine cover will here as well..

Can't wait to see those airtubes...

Originally Posted by FlyByNight
Its been so long... and I haven't even installed my TB kit yet... do I have Gen1 or Gen2? Are you keeping some master list?

Loren
Old 04-25-2007, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
nice is my renntech TB a genn 1 air box or do i have to wait for genn 2?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Awe gee I was hoping they would get all the VRAB's done before they started on the airtubes etc....
Old 04-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Yours would be considered a Gen 2.. Renntech uses a similar TB to mine and the inlet they use looks to be the same. Snap a pic of the top of the S/C & inlet and email it to me. I'll tell you for sure.

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
nice is my renntech TB a genn 1 air box or do i have to wait for genn 2?
They were being done simultaneously... along with a nice airbox for a Ferrari F430.

Originally Posted by stevebez
Awe gee I was hoping they would get all the VRAB's done before they started on the airtubes etc....
Old 04-25-2007, 07:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Sounds good, just let me know when and you can count me in!
I'm interested in buying one as well. Count me in if VRUS decides to accomodate.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by vrus
They were being done simultaneously... along with a nice airbox for a Ferrari F430.
They better make 2 airboxes for that Ferrari or it will look kinda' funny.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:09 PM

07 S65
Alright, call me lazy! I do not want to read through 18 pages of post. What kind of power did this make on your car Vic? Do you know what to expect power wise from a pulley/ecu header car with this mod? Let me know.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 PM

2018 E63S wagon, 2016 GLE350d, GLE450 on order
my thoughts exactly..... WE NEED DYNO SHEETS
Old 04-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Received 514 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by DJE55
Alright, call me lazy! I do not want to read through 18 pages of post. What kind of power did this make on your car Vic? Do you know what to expect power wise from a pulley/ecu header car with this mod? Let me know.
I will post some info as soon as I get back to the track. I did get one run in last week after the install. The recap:

First, I did my burnout and immediately saw, ESP FAILURE, flashing on my display. When I tried to turn ESP back on, the warning continued to flash.

Too late to shut down my car, I pulled up to the line. Yellow....... Yellow....... Yellow................. Green!!! and I'm off. Fishtail right, fishtail left......... my car is out of control as I drift into the next lane. I was hoping I would not end up on the next episode of, Worlds Scariest Crashes. Fortunately, I got her back under control for a stellar run of 13.9 @ 122mph. Needless to say, I did not stick around long enough to take the much deserved abuse from the locals.

I will return!!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:12 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Rock
I will post some info as soon as I get back to the track. I did get one run in last week after the install. The recap:

First, I did my burnout and immediately saw, ESP FAILURE, flashing on my display. When I tried to turn ESP back on, the warning continued to flash.

Too late to shut down my car, I pulled up to the line. Yellow....... Yellow....... Yellow................. Green!!! and I'm off. Fishtail right, fishtail left......... my car is out of control as I drift into the next lane. I was hoping I would not end up on the next episode of, Worlds Scariest Crashes. Fortunately, I got her back under control for a stellar run of 13.9 @ 122mph. Needless to say, I did not stick around long enough to take the much deserved abuse from the locals.

I will return!!
I get the same problem with esp failure!!.....is this something all the modded e55's suffer with???.......does anyone know of a fix for this???
Old 04-26-2007, 07:37 AM

07 S65
Originally Posted by Rock
Yellow....... Yellow....... Yellow................. Green!!! and I'm off. Fishtail right, fishtail left......... my car is out of control as I drift into the next lane. I was hoping I would not end up on the next episode of, Worlds Scariest Crashes. Fortunately, I got her back under control for a stellar run of 13.9 @ 122mph.
Alright Rock. Didn't you tell me if I kept my 55 that you would make my next months payment? When I get your check, I'm turning around and sending you a set of DR's! You are killing me with your track times. I know with a set of tires your car could have one of if not the best ET's of any of our cars. Your trap speeds are alway up there! I can't believe you were able to run 122mph with that ET!

Keep me posted once you dyno your car. I really do want to know what kind of power this piece is makeing. Hopefully you see some sort of gain with it. What all have you done since your last dyno visit?
Old 04-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
****t, that's right...... I owe you a check. I must have said that after one of my frequent nights of binge drinking.

Yeah, I'm not sure what this piece does for our cars. My butt dyno is no help and the last time I had a real dyno was in Colorado at Kleemann (before the 80mm TB and airbox).

I will get back to the track very soon for hopefully better numbers..............and believe it or not I do have a set of DR strapped on to my stock wheels.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Honestly - and no disrespect to Vrus - but I dont think we going to see major benefits from the airbox beyond great looks - the filters will help and the design might add 2-5 hp I reckon... which is negible ... if you got 80mm TB this goes up a few HP, if you got headers it goes up some more again, but expecting it to make a massive difference is just unrealistic.

When adding to modded car you wll more than likely see more gains as the current airbox etc is increasingly the bottleneck in the efficiency chain...

Trap times would be the best test... I doubt it will give you more than 1mph

I sincerely hope to be proven wrong here.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Steve, I agree with you that trap times are the best way to tell if it is providing a benefit.. I beleive the engineer told there was a 30% increase in volume (dont quote me right now) in the new airbox design.. He has the airflow data and I've asked for that so I can provide it..

Once i get it I will post it up.

Originally Posted by stevebez
Honestly - and no disrespect to Vrus - but I dont think we going to see major benefits from the airbox beyond great looks - the filters will help and the design might add 2-5 hp I reckon... which is negible ... if you got 80mm TB this goes up a few HP, if you got headers it goes up some more again, but expecting it to make a massive difference is just unrealistic.

When adding to modded car you wll more than likely see more gains as the current airbox etc is increasingly the bottleneck in the efficiency chain...

Trap times would be the best test... I doubt it will give you more than 1mph

I sincerely hope to be proven wrong here.

I should have said airbox system.. Yes.. it is 1 for each side.

Originally Posted by DFW01E55
They better make 2 airboxes for that Ferrari or it will look kinda' funny.
Never got it tested but there are 17people with their airboxes right now so I am sure the tests will start coming in.. I dont even have an airbox on my car right now.. LOL.. I keep taking them on and off to test fit and sending them out to the people in the R&D group.. I will take the last one for myself.

To be honest, the true potential of the airbox can only be seen at speed when there is enough airflow.. On the dyno there just isnt enough airflow to take full advantage of the extra size of the airbox.

The engineer who worked on the design told me this and I've asked him to provide me with the technical details on the airbox so I can post it for you guys.

The true test will be running it down the 1/4mile track...

Rock posted a 122mph trap with a 13.9ET on the aborted run... His highest trap was 125mph after he installed my TB... I think his 122mph trap is phenominal for a 13.9ET... I suspect he will trap 127mph when he goes back and gets a full run in. Of course, that's just wild conjecture at this point... We'll soon see.

Originally Posted by DJE55
Old 04-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!

The remaining CF airboxes for the Gen 1 80mm TBs, the NEW CF AIRTUBES, and NEW CF ENGINE COVER are all due to arrive later today or tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

I will arrange to get my car in for a test fit of each Gen 1 airbox to make sure they are all perfect before packing and shipping to you guys.

I will also take some pics of the new engine bay once all the new CF pieces are installed.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!

The remaining CF airboxes for the Gen 1 80mm TBs, the NEW CF AIRTUBES, and NEW CF ENGINE COVER are all due to arrive later today or tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

I will arrange to get my car in for a test fit of each Gen 1 airbox to make sure they are all perfect before packing and shipping to you guys.

I will also take some pics of the new engine bay once all the new CF pieces are installed.
Cant wait to see the pics of this! You E55 guys have all the fun!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!

nice you might as well send me a link to pay-pal for the tubes and the rest or the engin cover. you can send my whole kit at the same time.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Me too Vic...
Old 05-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Are you guys ready?????

Are you sitting down?????

Check out the engine bay now that the airtubes, engine cover and airbox are all done in Carbon Fiber. This stuff looks like it belongs on a wall!!!!

I didnt have time to re/re the manifolds to install my candy apple red manifolds, but it still looks beautiful just the way it is!!!!

Check out the differences between stock and the VRP "Python" Airtubes!!! I've given my first nickname to one of my parts!!!!

Guys... I guarantee you will flip your lids when you see this stuff in person! These pics do not do the quality any justice...

Now onto the drooling.....

(I had a shot taken of the car without the CF airbox on it, so people who just want a stock airbox can see what it looks like with a nice CF engine cover & airtubes...).

Let me know what you guys think!!! Now.. what the hell else can I make in Carbon Fiber??

Old 05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Are you guys ready?????

Are you sitting down?????

Check out the engine bay now that the airtubes, engine cover and airbox are all done in Carbon Fiber. This stuff looks like it belongs on a wall!!!!

I didnt have time to re/re the manifolds to install my candy apple red manifolds, but it still looks beautiful just the way it is!!!!

Check out the differences between stock and the VRP "Python" Airtubes!!! I've given my first nickname to one of my parts!!!!

Guys... I guarantee you will flip your lids when you see this stuff in person! These pics do not do the quality any justice...

Now onto the drooling.....

(I had a shot taken of the car without the CF airbox on it, so people who just want a stock airbox can see what it looks like with a nice CF engine cover & airtubes...).

Let me know what you guys think!!! Now.. what the hell else can I make in Carbon Fiber??

Let me be the first to say "I have been waiting all day for this"... Very nice.. very nice... Great work Victor!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Wow Vic, those look great. What's the next step for getting these to my door? I know I have a deposit on the engine cover but I need those air pythons also.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
And that picture is the passenger side airtube vs. VRUS!!! The difference between the driver side tubes must be INSANE!! So, when will they be shipped... so that I can stop salivating on my PC.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Wow! I wish it fit my car!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
WOW!!! i'm not into carbon fibre at all but friggin-a does that look good!!! i can't believe i'm asking this, but what's the price fore the entire package?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Ok Victor,

Please pm w/costs, damn this is getting expensive.....oops addictive!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** $1,500 CF Airbox with HP benefits ***