*** $1,500 CF Airbox with HP benefits ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
That looks slick. But it looks like the drivers side tube opening is the same restricted size as the stock one?
Why do you say that? I don't think you can fully see the driver's side tube in the pictures.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
Do the people that first ordered the air boxes a long time ago, and are still waiting for them get the "package" price on the airtubes / cover? I need to know how much to send!

nudge nudge! By the way, installed the TB Kit finally... so far so fun!

thanks for everything buddy.

Loren
Old 05-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Wanted to answer some of the questions that have been posted, but, before I get to that, some general stuff for all of you:

- Anyone that already sent in a deposit for airtubes OR engine cover, you are already covered, so to speak.. I wont take anything more from you guys.. At the time that the pieces are ready, you can pick and choose which ones you want, and just pay the balance and I will ship them to you

- Anyone that fits into the above category will also get a discount on the pricing for helping me out and submitting deposits early on.

- Anyone who already has a VRP CF Airbox will get a discount price if the airtubes and/or engine cover are purchased.

- Anyone who HASNT sent in a deposit, and wants to purchase the airtubes and/or engine cover.. This is the link that you need to go to:http://69.17.158.20/vrus/Deposits.htm

Submit the deposit for the Engine cover.. Once the pieces are ready, you can pay the balance for whatever else you want.

Sorry if I missed any other questions.. I scanned through the thread quickly to try and provide some answers for you guys.

----------------------
Hey Mikey!! Man.. I was wondering why you held out this long to put some CF under that hood of yours.. LOL.. You have my numbers... Give me a ring or shoot me a PM/Email and I'll put something together for you.

Originally Posted by chiromikey
WOW!!! i'm not into carbon fibre at all but friggin-a does that look good!!! i can't believe i'm asking this, but what's the price fore the entire package?

Josh.. Can you take some high res shots of the area surrounding the Throttle body.. I need a bunch of pics from different angles so I can see how the TB sits in relation to the stock airbox.

I'll hook you up with a kit of you want to be the first Kleemann car to have one....

LOL.. See.. I told you to wait for my 80mm TB Kit instead of getting that one... You wouldnt have these problems... Just kidding my friend.. Just kidding...

Originally Posted by dragonAMG
OMG.. THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!

If only this fit the Kleemann TB I would be all over it!!! Maybe I can be the first to try it out
Steve... In order to save costs and reduce complexity we had no choice but to put the seem this way.. The mold was designed as a clamshell so that the airtube is 2 halves which are later put together. The seem is very tiny and hardly noticeable in real life. They were accented in the photos because of the high glare of the flourescent lighting.

This is the best part.. The mounting location remains STOCK. We started taking my car apart and later realized that the mounting position on the radiator is afixed and part of the actual rad.. It is not a separate plastic piece so we couldnt replace it.

The effect that you get with these tubes is similar to a funnel.. The original opening which is smaller on the driver's side opens up into the large belly of the tube. Those airtubes look even bigger in person..

I'm waiting for some tech data on the volume increase of the tubes. They are MUCH bigger, but I dont have a firm # to give you just this minute.

Originally Posted by stevebez
VERY nice tubes ... did not think you would be able to make them this chuncky!!!

Think it would be better if they could have the seam of the CF meet at the bottom of the air tube instead of the top?

How does this mount to the radiator side Victor?

Might also be nice touch to cover the rubber connection between the tubes and air filter housing with some alumium shield / matting since this part is almost directly above the exhaust manufolds?

P.S. sent you some PM's re VRTB - think your inbox is full.
Anyone who has one of my airboxes will attest to this.. These CF pieces are HIGHLY reflective.. They have a super shiney coating to them and just luster when they are polished..

Those little yellow lines that appear everywhere are just the reflections of the lights.

Originally Posted by Thericker
Looks totally HOTT! but what are the (2) yellow lines right on top of the CF tubes? there in all pic's? Marker? orrr? Oh yeah Vrus any word on the foam air/filter we spoke of?
Thanks for the major compliment... Can I put this quote on my website... Wonder what Renntech would say... LOL... I think that right there should get you a free VRP airbox...

Is a VRP V12TT CF airbox one of those products that would apply to this saying: "If you build it they will come." ???

I'd love to do this project.. There are 3 people that asked me so far.. You are #4. If you guys could all band together and collect a few interested people, I will build it for you guys.. The 600 & 65 both share the same components, so if there were a few more of you, it would be economical to go ahead.
Originally Posted by BlownV8
How about one for the V12 twin turbo cars. I would much rather buy a carbon fiber airbox from you than Renntech.
You are too kind... but thanks!! I truly appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
I totaly disagree with you. It doesnt belong on a wall....

... It belongs in a museum. Nice work.
The fitment is an optical illusion.. I promise you it fits perfect on both airboxes.. Its jus the angle and the lighting that make it look a little funny.. They line up perfectly.

Originally Posted by Efivefive
That looks great!!...can't wait to get mine!!!!
I also have a deposit on the engine cover......but also want the air tubes.

Just one thing, in the pictures it seems as if the engine cover fits correctly with the stock airbox, but does not seem to fit properly with the CF airbox????
Hey Dan.. The DEFINITELY flow more air.. Just waiting on the hard data to provide..

Originally Posted by dsc
Victor, they are truely amazing. Great job!
Do they flow more air then stock? Any testing done?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Oopps.. missed your post....

Only the mounting point is the same. It is stock mounting point, but the opening flares very quickly near the mouth of the mounting point and then into a very large belly of the tube. I explained in the previous post why the stock location was kept.

That looks slick. But it looks like the drivers side tube opening is the same restricted size as the stock one?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Loren.. buddy... You mean you've been sitting on that TB kit since last year???

Sooooooooo.... come on.. spill.. What do you think?

And, YES.. Of course.. All of you guys who stuck with me and have airboxes are going to be taken care of!!! PROMISE.

Originally Posted by FlyByNight
Do the people that first ordered the air boxes a long time ago, and are still waiting for them get the "package" price on the airtubes / cover? I need to know how much to send!

nudge nudge! By the way, installed the TB Kit finally... so far so fun!

thanks for everything buddy.

Loren
Old 05-04-2007, 01:16 PM

05 E55
Yeah, I've been preoccupied with some little things... which I'll write about later... so I shelved car mods for a bit. So, I missed the link for engine cover and tubes because I wasn't on the board. I'll make the deposit now... please don't put me at the end of the line!

You need a nice email distribution list for those of us that have continuously bought from you... get everyone's email address together and make "customers@vrusstuffkicksass.com". That way when any new product, announcement, status, or other information comes out, you can blast it to everyone in a single email. This board is so deep now, sometimes its hard to find what you're looking for.

Loren

Originally Posted by vrus
Loren.. buddy... You mean you've been sitting on that TB kit since last year???

Sooooooooo.... come on.. spill.. What do you think?

And, YES.. Of course.. All of you guys who stuck with me and have airboxes are going to be taken care of!!! PROMISE.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Yeah, I've been preoccupied with some little things... which I'll write about later... so I shelved car mods for a bit. So, I missed the link for engine cover and tubes because I wasn't on the board. I'll make the deposit now... please don't put me at the end of the line!

You need a nice email distribution list for those of us that have continuously bought from you... get everyone's email address together and make "customers@vrusstuffkicksass.com". That way when any new product, announcement, status, or other information comes out, you can blast it to everyone in a single email. This board is so deep now, sometimes its hard to find what you're looking for.

Loren
+1...
Old 05-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Loren.. I miss your sense of humour... and with Rock slowing down his stand up comedy routines, it's getting pretty dry around here... LOL..

I hope whatever was preoccupying you wasnt anything serious.. Glad to see you still around.

As for the emails.. LOL.. interesting domain name.. wonder if its available...

I try to keep the emails to a minimum cause I dont want to be spamming you guys... But, if you guys dont mind getting emails from me, I am happy to pass this stuff along. Either that, or I'll setup a private area to read up on stuff... Hmm.. wonder if I can convince MBWorld admins to give me a VRP area... lol...

Loren
Ahh.. my fellow Italian.. Rob.. Did you put those manifolds on yet??? LOL.. Still waiting for pics... I think the tubes & cover will arrive at your place before those manifolds get put on... Should I fly down and do the install for you?

Originally Posted by vader
+1...
Old 05-04-2007, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Vic,

When's mine coming?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Adam... Don't worry bud.. I've got one on order for you. Complete kit!

I've now got 10 CF airboxes in inventory for stock TB cars. The 80mm TB versions will arrive along with everyone elses Gen 2 kits.

Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Vic,

When's mine coming?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Adam... Don't worry bud.. I've got one on order for you. Complete kit!

I've now got 10 CF airboxes in inventory for stock TB cars. The 80mm TB versions will arrive along with everyone elses Gen 2 kits.

Thank you buddy, i will probably have an exhibition day so that my local clients will come in and take a look.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Loren.. I miss your sense of humour... and with Rock slowing down his stand up comedy routines, it's getting pretty dry around here... LOL..

I hope whatever was preoccupying you wasnt anything serious.. Glad to see you still around.

As for the emails.. LOL.. interesting domain name.. wonder if its available...

I try to keep the emails to a minimum cause I dont want to be spamming you guys... But, if you guys dont mind getting emails from me, I am happy to pass this stuff along. Either that, or I'll setup a private area to read up on stuff... Hmm.. wonder if I can convince MBWorld admins to give me a VRP area... lol...

Ahh.. my fellow Italian.. Rob.. Did you put those manifolds on yet??? LOL.. Still waiting for pics... I think the tubes & cover will arrive at your place before those manifolds get put on... Should I fly down and do the install for you?

Manifolds go on as soon as I can get to the dealer for the friggin gaskets !!! Sure would be a much better pic with the tubes,cover and airbox though wouldn't you think ???? Hey Vic...did you see where the NOEZWAYOUT guy was calling CylinderHead a mortadella ??? I may be the only guy that uunderstood that !!! I was wetting my drawers when I read that !!!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Received 514 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
I slowed down because I've decided that I'm not as funny as I use to be. My last homophone routine although perfectly delivered, failed to elicit the audience response I hoped for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA1-T
I admit my english is not good compare to you guys , but being a 100% Chinese born in HK , I think I am doing pretty well , ( why don't you try to speak / type in Cantonese ) , see how succeed you will be ( Mr ) .

I am here to tell people the horrible experience , if you don't like it , please ignore , Don't reply . ( If any of you know Cory , call him up to verifly ) .
Yeah, I spoke to Cory and he admitted he has no tolerance for people of Chinese descent (decent) that do not know the difference between there, their and they're. He said he may reconsider his position and refund your (you're) money if you can explain the the proper usage of to, too and two.

Edit: I forgot to tell Loren to start posting here again and change your screen name back to Loren or Loren1 if you need to confuse the stalkers.

Last edited by Rock; 05-04-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
The link you gave only has a depoist for the engine cover and piano black paddles. Nothing for the air tubes.

Also what kind of discount do current airbox owners get?

- Anyone who already has a VRP CF Airbox will get a discount price if the airtubes and/or engine cover are purchased.

- Anyone who HASNT sent in a deposit, and wants to purchase the airtubes and/or engine cover.. This is the link that you need to go to:http://69.17.158.20/vrus/Deposits.htm
Old 05-05-2007, 01:27 AM

05 E55
Don't worry Rock, I'll be back. Was eating some serious popcorn watching you pull your foot deep out of your mouth on the Chinese bit. I could hear the crickets in the background. You have to be used to Rock before you can handle the serious deliveries with the obvious jokes. People are very sensitive, so watch it big large type guy.

Victor: It wasn't that serious. I mean, a cracked piston isn't that bad, right? More on this later, true to my previously verbose method.... it will be called "Chapter 1". Short version: Our engines aren't nearly as tough as we like to think...

But as Jack would say, I had to go dark for a while...

Loren... errr... Alfonso... yeah, Alfonso from now on.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Airbox is ready!!

Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Thank you buddy, i will probably have an exhibition day so that my local clients will come in and take a look.
Oh man.. I can't believe I missed that post....

Originally Posted by vader
Manifolds go on as soon as I can get to the dealer for the friggin gaskets !!! Sure would be a much better pic with the tubes,cover and airbox though wouldn't you think ???? Hey Vic...did you see where the NOEZWAYOUT guy was calling CylinderHead a mortadella ??? I may be the only guy that uunderstood that !!! I was wetting my drawers when I read that !!!
They just dont understand you like we do Dave...

Originally Posted by Rock
I slowed down because I've decided that I'm not as funny as I use to be. My last homophone routine although perfectly delivered, failed to elicit the audience response I hoped for.
Yup.. Just send the deposit for the cover.. when the pieces are out of production you can choose what you want and just pay the balance at that point.

As for discount.. I am going to try and do 5% - 10%... I'll do my best.. that's all I can promise.. if I can get the pricing down, I will.

The main thing it depends on is how many units the dealers pick up.

So far we have 4 dealers signed up to carry the product and more that we are negotiating with.

The link you gave only has a depoist for the engine cover and piano black paddles. Nothing for the air tubes.

Also what kind of discount do current airbox owners get?
Oh man... I hope it's back to health now... Hopefully whatever the situation was, it got resolved in your favour. If its something you can share, shoot me a PM.

Victor: It wasn't that serious. I mean, a cracked piston isn't that bad, right? More on this later, true to my previously verbose method.... it will be called "Chapter 1". Short version: Our engines aren't nearly as tough as we like to think...

But as Jack would say, I had to go dark for a while...

Last edited by vrus; 05-08-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Quick update for you guys..

The Carbon Fiber engine cover and "Python" air tubes are in production. Delivery will begin in 4 - 6 weeks.

I've been able to work out a deal for people who already put deposits down and anyone else who puts a deposit down now.. 10% off the below pricing will be extended.

- VRP Carbon Fiber "Python" Air tubes: $650USD
- VRP Carbon Fiber Engine Cover: $550USD

I've prepaid for all the pieces so any of you that wanted a set, I would appreciate it if you could forward your deposits. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
hey vic i already paid in full for the air box and gave you 300 bucks deposit on the engine cover. can you just e-mail me a link like before for the balance in full. all these deposits are just a waist of time. i trust you to deliver the product. also will you give a better break if i add speed shift to the whole thing?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
hey vic i already paid in full for the air box and gave you 300 bucks deposit on the engine cover. can you just e-mail me a link like before for the balance in full. all these deposits are just a waist of time. i trust you to deliver the product. also will you give a better break if i add speed shift to the whole thing?
You might be the first one to have Speedshift .......
Old 05-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
It's ok.. You can pay the balance for the airtubes once they are ready to ship... I appreciate the trust, and the jesture of a deposit is more than enough for me.

I've already knocked 10% off the price for guys that have the deposits in.. I wish there was more I could do but I just dont have any room to move further.

As for Speedshift, you know I will do my best to help you out, and I am sure Adam will take good care of you, but right now I dont know how much I can do until I see how many of these things we are going to get programmed... The price has to stay as is for now until I get a feel for how many units I'll be importing.

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Old 05-11-2007, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Guy with 80mm TB in desperate need of a VRAB ...

Old 05-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hang in there Steve... Its almost over..

We had to build each of the 3 versions of the airbox separately so they could each be test fitted on a car to ensure perfect fitment.. The 80mm Gen2 box is the last one to be done...

Hey.. at least you'll have a matching engine cover & airtubes to go with it now..

Originally Posted by stevebez
Guy with 80mm TB in desperate need of a VRAB ...

Old 05-25-2007, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Any updates on the air tubes? Should we expect delivery in June, July, or August?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:29 AM

Victor I forgot to tell you I would like the tubes also. I will get the deposit to you next week. Holiday
Old 05-28-2007, 01:22 PM

CLS 55 AMG, 2002 Chevy Avalanche (w/ NOS) :D
Whats up Victor, Any updates on the cover and airtubes delivery yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** $1,500 CF Airbox with HP benefits ***