W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let’s get all these issues straightened out with AMG.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Let’s get all these issues straightened out with AMG.

There's going to be another web discussion with Rob Allen on 9-20 on the AMG owners forum. Someone should get some questions drafted up and post them now so they have time to get some answers:

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatel...read.php?t=475
Old 09-14-2006, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the heads up...
Old 09-20-2006, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Originally Posted by ima55r2
There's going to be another web discussion with Rob Allen on 9-20 on the AMG owners forum. Someone should get some questions drafted up and post them now so they have time to get some answers:

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatel...read.php?t=475
Just a reminder about tonight's discussion on the AMG forum.
http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatel...rums/index.php
Old 09-20-2006, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Cool deal. The last discussion we had with Rob was great, this one should be interesting since there will be more questions on the 63.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
since this still doesn't accommodate those of us in the western u.s. and most of us won't be home from our work day yet, will someone please bring up the e55 secondary air pump recall this time!!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by chiromikey
since this still doesn't accommodate those of us in the western u.s. and most of us won't be home from our work day yet, will someone please bring up the e55 secondary air pump recall this time!!!!!
That has to do with the ECU Flash right? I'll ask him.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Put your question here and one of us should be able to post it.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I hate those forums. They're so slow and even more confusing. What time is the discussion pacific time? I can't even find a mention of it on that stupid thing...
Old 09-20-2006, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Use the first link in the thread...it's 8 to 9 est.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
I hate those forums. They're so slow and even more confusing. What time is the discussion pacific time? I can't even find a mention of it on that stupid thing...
I found it quite easily in four places.

8 to 9 EST or 5 to 6 Pacific
Old 09-20-2006, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ima55r2
Put your question here and one of us should be able to post it.
how about something like this:

has amg come up with a reason as to why many e55's have lost 60-75hp directly after the secondary air pump recall and ecu flash and what do they intend to do to restore these cars to spec?

that's the polite way to put it. if i was in a bad mood, i'd tell him that we KNOW FOR A FACT based on exclusive conversations with mb that these cars have been limited and want to know what they intend to do to remove the problem.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok, it starts in 3 minutes. I may be a little late but how about we make the first post Robert's (rake55) email to Wolf Zimmermann as that it pretty nicely sums up the first wave of our concerns. Sound good? OK with you Rob?
Old 09-20-2006, 08:03 PM

06 E55 SOLD, 89 300 SE 375,000 miles

has amg come up with a reason as to why many e55's have lost 60-75hp directly after the secondary air pump recall and ecu flash and what do they intend to do to restore these cars to spec?

that's the polite way to put it. if i was in a bad mood, i'd tell him that we KNOW FOR A FACT based on exclusive conversations with mb that these cars have been limited and want to know what they intend to do to remove the problem.
Question was posted lets see the answer. If any........
Old 09-20-2006, 08:05 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
Ok, it starts in 3 minutes. I may be a little late but how about we make the first post Robert's (rake55) email to Wolf Zimmermann as that it pretty nicely sums up the first wave of our concerns. Sound good? OK with you Rob?
first 2 sentences was posted. awaiting answer.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah right, he is "unaware" of this. I think us flashed E55's are pretty much just straight-up screwed.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:26 PM

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts
2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
My CLS55 (built 12/05) came with the updated ECU software. Stock dyno was basically 380rwhp -- funny how that is the same as the 63 dynos I've seen. Certainly it is reason enough to be suspicious the 55K cars were electronically castrated before the 63s started to arrive, since the pre-reflash 55K cars dyno quite a bit higher...
Old 09-20-2006, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by MBUSA_Rob_Allan
I am unaware of any modifications that directly impacts the E55 AMG's standard horsepower. ECU flashing is a pretty standard service procedure and you should contact your dealer if you experience an issue with your own car.

Not good for us 55 guys and....

Originally Posted by MBUSA_Rob_Allan
Thanks for pointing this out. We know that early E63 AMG owners are testing power on dynamometers and we have some information to share on this.

AMG's engine production advised us this week that the initial 6.3 AMG V-8s produced and bench tested are delivering the 507 horsepower (U.S.) at the flywheel as specified.

We are trying to replicate the conditions under which U.S. owners are achieving their results. There are several important factors including fuel type and quality / octane, temperature - both ambient and engine operating, relative humidity and the like. AMG will be testing under a variety of conditions using complete vehicles.

More to come on this topic.

Not looking too well for 63 owners either...He did say more to come though.They either read the thread here or the calls have been coming in already.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
So far its not very productive in the 55 or 63 area.Im hoping for more detailed answer's concerning these 2 items.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks guys, you did a great job hammering him on the reduced hp...unfortunately, he did a better job at playing dumb.

pretty much just what i expected.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Yep,quite a few bullets flew over there but none landed.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Rob Allen is no rookie.

You guys bashed me when I tried to give you feedback, but all you want to hear is confirmation of a conspiracy, which will never happen.

If you want MB to address whatever issues you think or are really having, then be methodical and they will respond in kind. This is exactly like playing poker with a bunch of people that show you their cards. Even I could sit back and preempt your every move.

Anyhow, go ahead and flame some more. Maybe it will help your position.

Note one thing on the E55 question (since I could give a rat's ans about the E63), he didn't play dumb. He said he was not aware of "any modifications that directly impacts the E55 AMG's standard horsepower". Two key words. standard (i.e. unmodified) and horsepower (not curve or TQ). Now, take the majority of problem kids that DO have mods out of the equation and what do you end up with? A small population that still claims to be stock and affected. Does that mean they are lying? No, it means they have not built much of a case. Just crying isn't going to help. Neither is diving under the tuner bus.

Summary:
Make a hypothesis
Test that hypothesis
you end up with a theory that you can validate.

How, you ask? Simple do a comparison dyno between your stock "affected" car and a stock 'unaffected" car. Notice how such a study would negate all of the arguments over relative conditions.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I do not ever see them checking into or admitting there is a load limiter placed into the reflash.Just wont happen no matter how much evidence we showed.

The 63's HP debate will get a response from AMG,might not be an answer that will satisfy the owners but it will somehow explain why the car gets low rwhp.I see nothing but complaints coming from the owners,and I dont blame them.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jangy
Rob Allen is no rookie.

You guys bashed me when I tried to give you feedback, but all you want to hear is confirmation of a conspiracy, which will never happen.

If you want MB to address whatever issues you think or are really having, then be methodical and they will respond in kind. This is exactly like playing poker with a bunch of people that show you their cards. Even I could sit back and preempt your every move.

Note one thing on the E55 question (since I could give a rat's ans about the E63), he didn't play dumb. He said he was not aware of "any modifications that directly impacts the E55 AMG's standard horsepower". Two key words. standard (i.e. unmodified) and horsepower (not curve or TQ). Now, take the majority of problem kids that DO have mods out of the equation and what do you end up with? A small population that still claims to be stock and affected. Does that mean they are lying? No, it means they have not built much of a case. Just crying isn't going to help. Neither is diving under the tuner bus.

Summary:
Make a hypothesis
Test that hypothesis

How, you ask? Simple do a comparison dyno between your stock "affected" car and a stock 'unaffected" car. Notice how such a study would negate all of the arguments over relative conditions.
i respect you jangy but please don't get me started again and PLEASE don't sugarcoat the early position you took in this matter. we never "bashed you because of your feedback", we took offense because you emphatically stated the problem was "in our imagination".

i'm sure rob is a great guy but he is either uninformed or has a gag order. the problem has been substantiated in no uncertain terms.

for the rest of your argument, you have no idea what you're talking about or what kind of case we have. what gets posted here is only the tip of the iceberg. to think we don't have dyno proof of the loss of hp AND tq and to think that it hasn't been brought to the attention of mb goes to show that you have no idea. your "simple" solution has been done, it's what helped me get most of my hp and tq back with replacement parts...but it didn't get us to the root of our problem.

our problem is that mb has altered our cars, is purposefully ignoring us, and hoping we will go away. their problem is that we have this forum.

Last edited by chiromikey; 09-20-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs down Basesless!

Originally Posted by jangy
Rob Allen is no rookie.

Summary:
Make a hypothesis
Test that hypothesis

Jangy: How can you make the above statements without knowing Chiromike's situation? You know absolutely nothing about Chiromike's experience with the reflash! I am the person that sold Chiromike the 03' E55 and it was flawless in terms of performance when he took posession of the car period! After a service call and the "dreaded" reflash he experienced tremendous loss of power. Chiromike has a pefect example of MBZ altering his performance of the car that I sold him. After a Dyno and proof of the loss of power, Mercedes stepped up due to the efforts of a dedicated Service Manager and technician and restored the previous state of the car. So STFU you are off on another babbling/wandering into an area that you know nothing about. If you have experience about the Flash then say something meaningful.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
i respect you jangy but please don't get me started again and PLEASE don't sugarcoat the early position you took in this matter. we never "bashed you because of your feedback", we took offense because you emphatically stated the problem was "in our imagination".

i'm sure rob is a great guy but he is either uninformed or has a gag order. the problem has been substantiated in no uncertain terms.

for the rest of your argument, you have no idea what you're talking about or what kind of case we have. what gets posted here is only the tip of the iceberg. to think we don't have dyno proof of the loss of hp AND tq and to think that it hasn't been brought to the attention of mb goes to show that you have no idea. your "simple" solution has been done, it's what helped me get most of my hp and tq back with replacement parts...but it didn't get us to the root of our problem.

our problem is that mb has altered our cars, is purposefully ignoring us, and hoping we will go away. their problem is that we have this forum.
Point taken and I respect you as well. I do hope you have been making segway and have long since believed that there is an oddity with some unmodded cars. In that sense, I have come around. i was simply stating on the approach. Not saying that you shouldn't try to get what is fair. Just do it in a manner that will get what you want. Other than that, nuff said from me and I appreciate your resilience with this issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let’s get all these issues straightened out with AMG.