W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynoe'd my Car...Torque seems too low, Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Dynoe'd my Car...Torque seems too low, Help!

I took my car to get dynoed, 1st pull I beleive was 398 RWHP, 2nd pull was 403 RWHP and my last was horrible...378, by that time car was heat soaked, the torque numbers seem a bit low, can some one interpret my data and let me know if this is ok, it was good temperature outside saturday approx 80 degrees, low humidity, I am in NYC.

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 09-17-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Seriously Jody, have you had the Air Injector/Pump recall done at the dealer?

Just wondering if you had the reflash to ECU done recently.

Last edited by Jakpro1; 09-18-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Going off one of the other threads about dyno plots,I'd say they started the pull to late in the rpm range,Im no pro though.

The hp on my car was the same as your but my tq was 482.31. 80deg temps with humidity in the 70-80 range.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:27 PM

SL65 AMG
Your lbft does seem low. My stock dyno from kleeman (which i think they use crank numbers) shows 451hp and 476lbft and post mods (k2) shows 543hp and 594lbft. Then we did another program and dynoed it here where I live and came up with 454.87hp and 525.32lbft (dynojet sae corrected) and the other program I installed did 452.98hp and 533.25lbft. The car always felt great but the second program really felt strong but I was still rich off the chart by 5000rpms.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Going off one of the other threads about dyno plots,I'd say they started the pull to late in the rpm range,Im no pro though.

The hp on my car was the same as your but my tq was 482.31. 80deg temps with humidity in the 70-80 range.
I think so, he walked through first and second gear, this pull was in 3rd now that you mention it, I could be wrong, I will call him and ask tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Seriously Jodi, have you had the Air Injector/Pump recall done at the dealer?

Just wondering if you had the reflash to ECU done recently.
I have had the intercooler pump replaced already if that is what you are referring to, I don't think they have flashed my ECU. My car feels very strong and the HP numbers seems to be in line with what people are posting given a 17-15% loss. the torque is what worries me.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by JodyE55Rocket
I have had the intercooler pump replaced already if that is what you are referring to, I don't think they have flashed my ECU. My car feels very strong and the HP numbers seems to be in line with what people are posting given a 17-15% loss. the torque is what worries me.
IC pump is a complete different thing.The Air Injector/Pump recall is what people are concerned about,thats the ecu issue.make sure the car is in 4th gear,dyno mode and tranny setting "M".

Yours and my dyno numbers are what most reflashed ecu cars are seeing.The stronger cars are pre ecu flash,not all but most.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55

Jrocket is correct the pull was started way to late. Tell the operator to put it in manual mode and shift up to 4th gear and start sampling at 2000 rpm's.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Jody you'd better work on that by this weekend man! This is gonna be interesting, E-town here we come.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
I think so, he walked through first and second gear, this pull was in 3rd now that you mention it, I could be wrong, I will call him and ask tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
If you haven't had your ECU flashed either tell them NOT to flash it or get it to kleeman or someone so that they can save your settings. After flash I can even do a burn out. Its terrible. Luckily I am having kleeman K1 installed. I am crossing my fingers they can help me get back the beast!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Jody you'd better work on that by this weekend man! This is gonna be interesting, E-town here we come.
lol, i don't think we will be heading to englishtown this weekend, there is some kind of special events going on, no racing, that sucks....

Thank you all for your input, I will call my dealer today and ask if my injector pump was replaced, but i think this is all attributed to the late pull like Jrocket mentioned and rflow306, my car was not in Dyno mode neither, just turned ESP off, that could also be another variable, we did have tranny in M mode. I installed ASP pulleys this weekend and man oohh man, the car pulls like a freight train, have some kleeman headers on the way, once all is installed will do another dyno, and we will see.

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 09-18-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:04 AM

2005 SL600, 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
Jody,

Where did you have the dyno done? I am in NYC and brought my car to MB Manhattan... was surprised to learn that they did not have a dyno nor could they tell me if my intercooler pump was working optimally. They told me everything was fine.

I know that they updated my ECU early this year, and my car doesn't feel the same as it did when it was new.

Everything might be fine, but I was would like to get a dyno performed to see for myself.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:11 AM

2004 S55 AMG
Hey jody,

Where did you get the pulley installed from? I have had ASP pulleys in my house for the longest and didn't know where to have it installed.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by JackStraw
Jody,

Where did you have the dyno done? I am in NYC and brought my car to MB Manhattan... was surprised to learn that they did not have a dyno nor could they tell me if my intercooler pump was working optimally. They told me everything was fine.

I know that they updated my ECU early this year, and my car doesn't feel the same as it did when it was new.

Everything might be fine, but I was would like to get a dyno performed to see for myself.
I went to an RX-7 performance shop on Merrick BLVD, Jamaica queens. Let me know if you want the address. They are pretty good.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Shaun
Hey jody,

Where did you get the pulley installed from? I have had ASP pulleys in my house for the longest and didn't know where to have it installed.
I got it installed in my friends garage, lol, He is in Long island. You should install it, lol!, you will feel it, for sure... an extra 45 RWHP, not bad....
Old 09-18-2006, 12:12 PM

2004 S55 AMG
I got it installed in my friends garage, lol, He is in Long island. You should install it, lol!, you will feel it, for sure... an extra 45 RWHP, not bad....
Was it a hard install? I also have someone with a lift. Also was the dyno shop the one next to the pepboys?
Old 09-18-2006, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
I think there is a pepboys in front of it, or on the corner, The install took like an hour you have to remove the front fan to get to the crank pulley and you do not need a lift for this, pretty easy.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
I think there is a pepboys in front of it, or on the corner, The install took like an hour you have to remove the front fan to get to the crank pulley and you do not need a lift for this, pretty easy.
With a lift there is no need to remove the fan. But you know what they say there's more than one way to skin a cat.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
IC pump is a complete different thing.The Air Injector/Pump recall is what people are concerned about,thats the ecu issue.make sure the car is in 4th gear,dyno mode and tranny setting "M".

Yours and my dyno numbers are what most reflashed ecu cars are seeing.The stronger cars are pre ecu flash,not all but most.
Ladies and Gentlemen after being terrified of Loss of power I am happy to say my car has not been flashed, thank you Lord...I just spoke to my service advisor here in NY and she checked, there is nothing related to reflash, ECU module, you name it, They did replace the relay for the Air Injection Pump, the pump was fine itself and was not giving any error codes. Just though i'd share my happiness. I did dyno my car and put 404 RWHP, which is right in sync with what I hear. I found out why torque low is too low, according to the operator the pull was done late in the RPM range, I will be doing another Dyno this weekend but with the ASP pulleys on and on Dyno mode. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I went to an RX-7 performance shop on Merrick BLVD, Jamaica queens. Let me know if you want the address. They are pretty good.
thought that graph looked familiar. That is where I got my car dynoed. Hope you did it yourself. Those guys there are helpful, but you have to put your car in dyno mode and run it yourself. You should dyno it in 4th gear. They are good guys, but aren't faimiliar with MB technology....
Old 09-22-2006, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Ladies and Gentlemen after being terrified of Loss of power I am happy to say my car has not been flashed, thank you Lord...I just spoke to my service advisor here in NY and she checked, there is nothing related to reflash, ECU module, you name it, They did replace the relay for the Air Injection Pump, the pump was fine itself and was not giving any error codes. Just though i'd share my happiness. I did dyno my car and put 404 RWHP, which is right in sync with what I hear. I found out why torque low is too low, according to the operator the pull was done late in the RPM range, I will be doing another Dyno this weekend but with the ASP pulleys on and on Dyno mode. Keep your fingers crossed.
OT Again whatever happened to the v8 F/I motor you were going to put into the C32?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Jody,

I'd send your ecu to kleeman or something to have your program saved just incase they decide to flash ur ecu during one of your scheduled maintances. Just a heads up. Your a lucky on with an unflashed ECU.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
Jody,

I'd send your ecu to kleeman or something to have your program saved just incase they decide to flash ur ecu during one of your scheduled maintances. Just a heads up. Your a lucky on with an unflashed ECU.
MB_Steve- I agree with you there, they are no pros with MB, but where else can I go and try to do this? Do you recommend any other palce in NY?

Coolcarskic43- I decided to go with the E55 since that swap was going to cost me an arm and a leg, would have been one deadly C32 though. What's new with you, when are you heading to englishtown, I am dying to go but can't seem to find a gropu of MB people that want to go and shoot it out, lol!

X-tian-230k- How can I do this? Is there any fee involved in this?, I am sure there is. Do you know how much this is? I have a cool service advisor, she will not even open the hood before calling me and telling me what they are going to do with my car. I already told her not to come close to touching my ECU. hahahah.

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 09-22-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
MB_Steve- I agree with you there, they are no pros with MB, but where else can I go and try to do this? Do you recommend any other palce in NY?

Coolcarskic43- I decided to go with the E55 since that swap was going to cost me an arm and a leg, would have been one deadly C32 though. What's new with you, when are you heading to englishtown, I am dying to go but can't seem to find a gropu of MB people that want to go and shoot it out, lol!

X-tian-230k- How can I do this? Is there any fee involved in this?, I am sure there is. Do you know how much this is? I have a cool service advisor, she will not even open the hood before calling me and telling me what they are going to do with my car. I already told her not to come close to touching my ECU. hahahah.
OT sorry!
Did you sell the motor and tranny? Or was it something you were thinking of purchasing b4?pm me your # and I'll let you know when we plan on going to e-tOWN!
Old 09-24-2006, 11:39 AM

CLS55 AMG
Any dynos yet?