RennTech Real Life experiences:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
RennTech Real Life experiences:

Has anyone else noticed the sudden jump in nicely done studies involving RENNTech? I have long wanted to take my car and do the proper studies along the way as I add modifications to show the exact gains and it seems that RENNTech is open to such a study?? I'd like to take it through the full stages and configurations of the mods and add some 1/4 mile times along with the relevent dyno runs. Any interest?
Old 10-12-2006, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
renntech

It might be due to some new distributors ... or new customers.

But I don't see any reason why Renntech wouldn't love another vocal customer that shows every gain for every step that they do. They do stand behind their numbers. Seems to me most of the Renntech customers aren't that vocal. Its definitely not due to low number of customers ... I never had a problem getting references from Renntech.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL65
I would love to see the results as I know many others here would also. I know Renntech is probably the most expensive of the different companies that provide modifications for our cars, but in my opinion I believe they are the most refined.

I've been tempted to add an ASP pulley because they are so affordable but I think I'm going to wait and do some Renntech mods.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by SLK55R
It might be due to some new distributors ... or new customers.

But I don't see any reason why Renntech wouldn't love another vocal customer that shows every gain for every step that they do. They do stand behind their numbers. Seems to me most of the Renntech customers aren't that vocal. Its definitely not due to low number of customers ... I never had a problem getting references from Renntech.

There is a catch to everything and mine is that I want RENNTech to chip in, so they can dip in. Either give me the stuff at a deep discount or work with me on other mods, based on the relationship we establish??
Old 10-12-2006, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I doubt that

Your gonna have to put up first ... also your best bet is to talk to a distributor. I've seen distributors not discount the product ... but perhaps no sales tax or some other creative way to give you incentive. But when you mentioned DEEP discounts ... I highly doubt thats going to happen.

Seriously Jangy talk to Adam at EuroElites and see what he can creatively arrange for you.

As to working on other mods ... I can vouch that I've asked for certain things ... and while they might not get to it immediately (I know thier business model doesn't revolved around my car ) they have started on a some items already.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
ummm... No LOL

Originally Posted by jangy
There is a catch to everything and mine is that I want RENNTech to chip in, so they can dip in. Either give me the stuff at a deep discount or work with me on other mods, based on the relationship we establish??

You'd have better luck in Vegas.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:56 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
my 55 is going through RT-1 right now w/ Adam. very pleased w/ knowledge, professionalism and courtesy. so far, so good.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
I had Stage 1 done a month ago...going to try tracking it in a week or so unless there is snow on the track...the difference in the feel of this car is night and day. No dynos...no time for that. Picked up a GTech Pro and the 0-60 was pretty astounding. I have not had the room for a full 1/4 yet...Don't really know how accurate the 0-60 is but I registered a pretty decent 3.9 so far....and ESP kicked in at launch.....I dialed in a weight of 4330 for the car based on a cople posts here so now I can look at a horsepower readout and see what that says. Pretty cool toy to play with if I ever get time. Renntech is good stuff Jangy...I'm done at Stage 1. If the track doesn't feeze I'll post some numbers. Should be cool enough !!!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:38 AM

2005 E55 Black
Originally Posted by vader
I had Stage 1 done a month ago...going to try tracking it in a week or so unless there is snow on the track...the difference in the feel of this car is night and day. No dynos...no time for that. Picked up a GTech Pro and the 0-60 was pretty astounding. I have not had the room for a full 1/4 yet...Don't really know how accurate the 0-60 is but I registered a pretty decent 3.9 so far....and ESP kicked in at launch.....I dialed in a weight of 4330 for the car based on a cople posts here so now I can look at a horsepower readout and see what that says. Pretty cool toy to play with if I ever get time. Renntech is good stuff Jangy...I'm done at Stage 1. If the track doesn't feeze I'll post some numbers. Should be cool enough !!!
Vader, Who did the work and how much was the mod out the door? I'm just a couple hours up the road from you in Mad Town. Were you happy with the person or people who did the work as far as quality of installation? Was your car flashed with recent recall? Anyone know if Renntech voids warranty. I understand Kleeman doesn't.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:48 AM

2006 E55 AMG
As some of you know, I ordered my E55 through a Renntech certified dealer in Lindon, UT. So...I didn't have the advantage of a base line dyno to see how much the mods added. The weather here now in Vegas has cooled down so I will be taking my car to Dynojet next Saturday, the 21st for the first dyno. Also, I'll be running my car at the LV Strip this coming Wed. night for the first time. I posted earlier that I had g-tech'd the car and only managed a 13.1. Two things though...first, it was on a dusty road and the traction control stayed on for nearly half the run. 2nd, the trap speed was 119 mph. Not too bad. Given the traction problems and the fact that track prep on Wed night at the Strip is not always the best, I'm not hoping for unrealistic numbers. I hope to get low 12's but we'll see. I'm going to try and shoot some video and when I get the dyno I'll post that as well. Wish me luck. By the way, my E55 is a Stage 5.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
What are the different RT stages for the 55 kompressor cars? I'm assuming stage 1 is pulley and ECU, stage 2 is headers and full exhaust, stage 3 maybe some engine work? Also, what are the prices? Thank you. I really want to give my father's SL55 some RennTech treatment.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Mach...I had the install done thru a friend of mine...total with labor around...5k which included install of my Renntech lowering module.My car had the reflash a long time ago. ..Renn is a little on the costly side but I am comfortable with that. I'm going to be passing thru Mad Town today as I drive up to Castle Rock Lake to turn the heat on at my hosue in the woods !!! Damn its cold already. PM me for more details if you need your Renntech stuff installed. Any ECU /engine mod will technically void the warranty if the problem was created by the modification. There are places that are mod friendly and will work with you in the future.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Rudy..what kind of 0-60 did the G Tech give you
Old 10-13-2006, 05:03 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Unfortunately, I don't remember what the 0-60 time was. I would only be guessing but I believe it was in the low 5's. Again, the road was covered in dust and I could not hook up at all.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55

LMAO...Good one.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:49 AM

2005 E55 Black
Originally Posted by vader
Mach...I had the install done thru a friend of mine...total with labor around...5k which included install of my Renntech lowering module.My car had the reflash a long time ago. ..Renn is a little on the costly side but I am comfortable with that. I'm going to be passing thru Mad Town today as I drive up to Castle Rock Lake to turn the heat on at my hosue in the woods !!! Damn its cold already. PM me for more details if you need your Renntech stuff installed. Any ECU /engine mod will technically void the warranty if the problem was created by the modification. There are places that are mod friendly and will work with you in the future.
Vader, Thanks for the info. I was recently at my Mercedes dealer and they are also a Kleeman dealer. I was told by my dealer that Kleeman would warranty any of their parts and the Mercedes warranty remains valid. Sounds like the Renntech Stage 1 is working quite well.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:14 AM

CL65
Warranty with mods has been discussed here before. My understanding is that Mercedes will not warranty anything that the mods might affect. If you add a pulley and your transmission goes out, you would be lucky if it was fixed under warranty. If your dealer agrees to warranty your engine and drivetrain, then make sure you get it in writing.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:48 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
Has anyone else noticed the sudden jump in nicely done studies involving RENNTech? I have long wanted to take my car and do the proper studies along the way as I add modifications to show the exact gains and it seems that RENNTech is open to such a study?? I'd like to take it through the full stages and configurations of the mods and add some 1/4 mile times along with the relevent dyno runs. Any interest?
Had my car modified by RennTech. You won't be dissappointed. Very professional and knowledgeable. My E55 picked up 50 hp and 50 lb/ft torque at the wheels with pulley and ecu only. I have run 11.80 at nearly 121 mph with a sad launch. (see dragtimes under SGC). No doubt it will run 11.60's if I can get it to hook. Also, for everyone concerned about the MB re-flash, it is my undersatnding that Hartmut has no problem getting around that issue.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:01 PM

CL65
What happens with Renntech as far as upgrades go if you do them at different times.

Say I wanted to start out with ECU & Pulley but later I wanted to add the headers. Would I have to pay again for an ECU upgrade? Also when the Renntech headers are added, are there any changes to the catalytic converters?
Old 10-14-2006, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by waxking1
What happens with Renntech as far as upgrades go if you do them at different times.

Say I wanted to start out with ECU & Pulley but later I wanted to add the headers. Would I have to pay again for an ECU upgrade? Also when the Renntech headers are added, are there any changes to the catalytic converters?
If you want to add the headers ... no you don't need to pay again for the ECU update which would now include your headers.

No when headers are added for Renntech there are no changes to the catalytic converters. While you most likely can get more hp going to race cats Hartmut is pretty **** about cats. He sticks to the law pretty carefully.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:37 PM

CL65
Is it illegal to modify your factory catalytic converters? Is it the pre-cats that people remove when adding headers and then they have problems with the check engine light?
Old 10-14-2006, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Legality

Take a look at your state laws it different for everyone. But in cali it is illegal to touch the factory cats.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Renntech offers free updates for every new upgrade for the car, and will provide continuous update. And also, Renntech doesnt sell 100/200 cells cat in North America.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Renntech doesnt sell 100/200 cells cat in North America.
Huh? Please explain what a 100/200 cell cat is?
Old 10-15-2006, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

high flow cats

Those are the high flow racing cats I was talking about.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RennTech Real Life experiences: