corsa performance exhaust!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
corsa performance exhaust!!!

i'm curious if e55'ers would be interested in a resonator back system or more from corsa perfromance, especially if they can keep the price in line with their other systems. if they can, they will undercut any of the competition by a wide margin. not to mention, their products are top quality as is their reputation.

i've been discussing my exhaust requirements jim browning sr., owner of corsa performance for a little while now. he is a great guy and a car guy through and through!!! i wanted/needed a straight through design that allowed the car to breath and sound the way it should but maintain the sound quality we deserve in a luxury car. their products offer just that...badass when wot with nearly zero drone or resonance while cruising.

anyways, he just sent me a system to test with my custom header/exhaust combo that i hope will serve as a starting point or prototype. he let me know that he has a couple of other designs that may work if this one doesn't so i'm sure this is a real possibility. if this works out we may finally have a quality brand, bolt-on exhaust system for a REASONABLE price...something not heard of by the few companies that currently offer exhaust systems for our cars.

if there's interest, please let me know and i'll forward him your thoughts.

i'll let you guys know how mounting and testing goes next week and figure out some way to get sound clips.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65 AMG
Any time I buy an exhaust it always seems to come down to corsa and B&B. I love the sound and quality of both and yet B&B has won more times since I can hear their sound clips on almost anything. My partner was looking for an exhaust for his shelby gt500 and was upset that corsa had no sound clip? I would want a corsa for my sl65 if they came out with something nice and low tone that helped free up the exhaust and had tips like the amg tips. Nothing too loud like an old school chevy dragster but something with class and exotic sounding. Im in if he wants to get me one for the sl65 and a good price no more then 1200$ I would think after that it gets to be not worth it.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:15 AM

Corsa

I don't know how Corsa would sound on an E55. I had the Corsa Indy exhaust on my C5 Corvette and it sounded great at WOT, but at idle it sounded like a boat, so I switched to Borla.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
what are the specs of these exhaust? how many cats are used? or this is something straight through the mufflers?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JodyE55Rocket
what are the specs of these exhaust? how many cats are used? or this is something straight through the mufflers?
no specs yet and right now it's just a muffler set-up from the axle back.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:41 AM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by JodyE55Rocket
They are still using cats jody! You still on your no cat kick. I am telling you just slap on those headers with the down pipes I sent and enjoy. The sound of the car does change with them on so see what you think and if you want louder go with your custom no cat set up. Listen to that sound clip from the guy who has the super sprint system and see if you like that sound.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
I just put a CORSA TOURING system on my Supercharged Denali and love it. Quite as a mouse inside the vehicle at cruise speeds and roars when you mash the gas. When you look thru a CORSA muffler it's straight-thru from one end to the other. Amazing product.

CORSA has 2 systems SPORT & TOURING I have always used TOURING. As SPORT is louder like a B&B product.

I also have TOURING Systems on my C5 Mallett Corvette and my CALLAWAY ZR1. "Nuf Said"

If they build a Mercedes E55K system... I'm in...

PS: Jim Browning Sr. & Jr. are both great guys.

Last edited by MACHC5; 11-23-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Received 524 Likes on 112 Posts
Drives Slowly
I'm interested if it can:

1. Improve the exhaust note.
2. Improve or equal the aesthetic appearance the stock tips.
3. Improve performance.............wishful thinking?

Their shop is 15minutes away so I'd be happy to stop by to check out the goods.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rock
I'm interested if it can:

1. Improve the exhaust note.
2. Improve or equal the aesthetic appearance the stock tips.
3. Improve performance.............wishful thinking?

Their shop is 15minutes away so I'd be happy to stop by to check out the goods.
improved exhaust note will be a given. i think the stock tips are the best in the business so imho, there's no improving on that. performance...i don't care what any manufacturer claims, i never expect performance from a back-end system.

i'll let everyone know how this turns out next week.