Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** 55 Heads Project ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Stevebez, now worries man, you are always welcome to ask what you like on my threads.

Bleek, I'm not really all that far away (Cleveland). If the date works out, I'm there!!!!!

Heads, smeds............. spot me an 1/8 mile at the strip and I'll bring cold, hard $$$$.
Rock, man why you gotta be like that bro, how about this if you spot me the 1/8 mile i won't spray the car! Hey man your a spit ball away from Summit's headquarters in Akron! Man that place was the best when i was a kid, cheap parts was like Christmas!

These head mod seems to be good and will cure some heating probs...

Are they going to be availible for sale ???
E55 Russ, not sure how the heads might cure heating problems, might actually add to the heating problem as they make more power, and more power = more heat. Yes i can have more sets done, it is super busy right now for the shop as race season has started, but we can still get things done. Drop me a PM.

Yacht Master, all in due time, you missed round one, i felt kinda bad, but soon enough!

305-E55, thank you, and loud and clear. There won't be any bashing just a whole lot of honest exposure.

Blackbenz, where you at nowadays, when's the next show?
Old 05-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
bleek, is there something on your mind?
You've been tiptoeing around the line lately. I'm sure we've talked before (as many invisible posts in this thread will attest to).

If you can't control yourself on mbworld, we'll have to arrange for something to induce control. Be respectful. Last warning period.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:35 AM

2004 E55
vraa, cool beans, you know where i'm coming from, i'll address it on my own time, thanks for getting bck to me, my bad!

Last edited by bleek; 05-01-2007 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by bleek
Blackbenz, where you at nowadays, when's the next show?
Show season has started and I'm usually at a show or meet every weekend now. Next show for me is Hot Import Nights on May 12th in Philly. This sunday I'm going to a huge Porsche meet/cruise. Alot of people were shocked how fast my car was compared to their p-cars last time and I was hangin in the twisties I'm lookin for some cheap heads I can find at a junk yard to send to you but no luck yet. I'm wayyyy too busy now to pop the heads off and send them up. I may even be selling the car
Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 AM

2004 E55
Show season has started and I'm usually at a show or meet every weekend now. Next show for me is Hot Import Nights on May 12th in Philly. This sunday I'm going to a huge Porsche meet/cruise. Alot of people were shocked how fast my car was compared to their p-cars last time and I was hangin in the twisties I'm lookin for some cheap heads I can find at a junk yard to send to you but no luck yet. I'm wayyyy too busy now to pop the heads off and send them up. I may even be selling the car
Yeah right bro, you might be selling the car, but you forgot to tell us what your gonna buy instead! Keep me posted on the heads, whenever your ready, my techs are so good with these motors now, they finished swapping heads on my car in a full day! I was thinking about getting a 997 turbo but can't do it, my 4000lb hotrod is still faster!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:14 PM

2004 E55
OK guys, back to making more jam!

First off just to answer a few questions that i got in pm's that might help others as well.

I've had many questions about my tranny upgrade. This is what's actually happening, and it works as a package. Tranny will be sent back to AMG to get a full rebuild, and with the full rebuild extra clutch packs will be installed for the extra load and the valve body will be reworked to increase the line pressures so the clutches won't slip!

So here's the deal, the egs, and tranny upgrade works as a package! When load limiters are removed there is added stress on the clutches, so that is why AMG adds more clutches and increases line pressure to the clutches! Did i lose anyone yet?

Just doing the tranny rebuild is a great idea, but just doing the egs module means fried clutches!!! See we need to take the time to understand why things are packaged a certain way, and that is why AMG, Renntech, Kleemann offers this a a complete package they've done there research and know what they are talking about and the last thing they all need is to have customers coming back saying there tranny's are now fried! Ran great for a few months but now it's cooked! Just a little food for thought! Also your ecu needs to be reprogrammed for the new egs set-up as well, everything need to work in sync!

When i'm building cars and sharing info, i need to make sure i am responsible with what i share, as sometimes when things are not thought out, not only can i screw up my car, many others can too.

So here's the latest new development on our cars! I have basically pushed our stock engine setup to the limits that i feel comfortable. I spoke of my stroker build up, and we have been working on it behind the scenes!

With the stock configuration, i felt i was pushing the motor way too hard and squeezing everything to the max and that's gonna kill reliabilty! So with our stroker set-up we can actually make more power with less stress, and even if we push her to the max i don't worry as much because we have brand new super strong aftermarket crank, rods and pistons in the motor!

So with the new set-up both Jparch's car and my car have a 6.3L in there now! the only difference with J's motor and mine is the compression, as i have a set of race heads with smaller combustion chambers. Also i will have two ecu's with different timing set-ups for an all out race configuration!

We will get a few shake down passes in J's car first as his tranny was already done, and i am still waiting on mine to come back from Germany. We got a different set of headers done by Kooks for our cars, as now with the extra displacement we need to breathe, so a set of 1 7/8's stainless steel step headers were built for the car.

I won't go into too many details on both cars as i'd like to keep some of the combination secret, but both cars will have the custom nitrous spray bars as well!

I will share this with you! I spoke of a custom balancer a long time ago, well we finally got it done!!! If anyone questions my commitment to my projects and how crazy i am at pissing money away, well check this out!

I sent a balancer company my pulley set up months ago, and after tons of r&d by the company we came up with the ultimate in pulley set-ups! This is the most amazing piece i have seen done!

This pulley not only dampens better than all the others out there, will make more power size for size, it's also tuneable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pulley for pulley, let's say you got two 170mm pulleys on a dyno, mine will make more power! As this design has been around forever, and with the dampening of harmonics and more valvetrain stability and less deflection of internal parts over all, my pulley will save engine parts and make more power!

So now the real kick in the nuts for people, my pulley is a two piece design! The blower drive part of my pulley can un-bolt with out pulling the dampener off the crank!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now i have 4 pulley sizes to try 160mm, 165mm, 170mm, 185mm! See pulley size will all depend on effciency and also boost pressures! Here's the thing, too many people don't realize how restrictive our stock manifold/cooler is! It doesn't matter if you change the core or anything, it's still super restictive and you lose 2-3lbs right there!

With our stroker set-up we will probably stay around 160mm to 170mm, as we have already gained lost boost with our new manifolds in our SLR set-ups, i also have to look at how much power it takes to spin the blower with a super big crank pulley and also blower longevity!!!!!

But enough news for now, check this baby out, and if you don't know the name you need to find out. Also there are only two places that can get this set-up and we have exclusive rights with the manufacturer, last thing i need is to have someone that spent no time or money on r&d to scoop these up and give them away, also mine is different from the other place that offers these style of pullies.

Enjoy!

Last edited by bleek; 05-17-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:24 PM

2004 E55
Hmmm....I'll try loading it again!
Attached Thumbnails *** 55 Heads Project ***-fluidampr.jpg  
Old 05-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Fluidampr is a top-notch product, and you will never go wrong with one of their units.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Wow, just wow! You're going all out on this car
Old 05-19-2007, 09:23 PM

2004 E55
Fluidampr is a top-notch product, and you will never go wrong with one of their units.
You can say that again! Only the best!

Wow, just wow! You're going all out on this car
Thanks BB, yeah we truly do not believe in cutting corners! These are well engineered cars, and only the highest quality, most precise stuff will do in high dollar cars like this!

We took a common sense race proven recipe to develope our cars! See right now we are in the process of installing a chassis dyno at JParch's shop, and a whole bunch of other things. We have two Mercedes Techs working with us on everything, looking at our cars you would never tell they were worked on! Everything fits perfect, clean, detailed!

The spare no expense attitude is the only way we will consider developing, making, or modifying our cars. With that being said that is why we went with Fluidampr!

See there are only three good dampener companies in my opinion, there's TCI, which uses pendulum weights to counteract the vibration in your engine (kinda like using baking soda to neutralize acid) But it's hard to predict what weights they need in the balancer because vibrations will vary, so this design is great because it covers a very broad spectrum, but does not cover any one rpm or area 100%, but a great product!

ATI is big in drag racing and with real engine builders! They use elastometer o-rings. They come in different hardnesses and are used to tune the dampening abillity of the balancer. See i really like these balancers, as real engine builders will know what rpm range the engine sits at and can use different elastometers to add extra dampening to that specific rpm range!

I was gonna go with ATI, but the problem was i wanted to be able to reproduce my balancer for the public as well! But not everyone has a motor like mine, and offering a tunable elastometer balancer to street cars, can be more problems then good! See ATI also offers an untunable street dampener and it is much cheaper then the tuneable one, and then you run into the same problem as a stock dampener, the TCI one, they are covering a wider spectrum, but none are gonna truly give you what you need!

Also many can develope a regular ATI dampener, but that is the cheap and easy way out, if you go this route might as well make things tuneable to take advantage of the technology! BUt the thing is like Fluidampr, and ATI, the technology will not come cheap! That's why people in the know uses the tunable ATI dampenrs and Fluidamprs!

So now we are at Fuidampr! Seems like people love to throw rocks at the throne! I guess Warren Johnson, Nextel Cup teams, 6-sec twinturbo 10inch tire cars have no clue what they are doing! All these teams and people have multi-million engine programs, and i guess if there were problems with Fluidamprs these teams and people would not be using them would they? Do you think cost ever comes into play with championship caliber people and teams like this?

From drag racing to endurance Fluidampr is still on top! How much power do you thing a 6-sec twinturbo 10.5 inch tire car makes? 1800-2200hp or more. See it's funny to see people have to advertise balancers with sfi specs as a selling feature, this should be automatic!

All Fluidampr's are laser welded leak tested and 100% checked over before they are shipped, if your car matters to you cost for engine longevity is not a factor, at least not for me! How much does a complete re & re of our engines cost, you do the math!

I guess if Fluidampr was so bad, they probably should have gone belly up along time ago, but it seems like there corporation has only gotten bigger, and it's funny how the majority of engine builders all use Fluidampr. But when you can't afford to develope the best, you have to throw rocks at the throne.

We have come to the final decision that we are going to go with a 170mm pulley, as we feel for blower longevity, hp needed to drive the blower, heating problems and overall effciency anything bigger cause many many more problems! You will not need anything extra, no extra pullies or anything, belt slipage is not a concern either. Our pulley is reality not just drawings or dreams, no long wait times will be needed, just need to work out a unit price and were good to go! We spent alot of money on trying different combos and we test our own cars and we have finally got these cars to rock and roll the way they should, from traction issues, drivetrain longevity, to making hp, it has been the most amazing ride(literally) and it's been an honor to share the progress with everyone here! We do this for the love of it, and this is what drives us!

We just ordered our featherlite and our dualie, we should be showing up to a race track near you!

Last edited by bleek; 05-19-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
PM sent...

Wow...a lots of things have been done...and a lots said...

Have you tested you car yet in 1/4 and on dyno ???
Old 05-22-2007, 09:55 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile bleek

hi
the part # you posted for t/b is for e55 up to model year 2002 european which is 113 141 0525,the new one from 2003 is 113 141 0625,just to clarify. .
Old 05-22-2007, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by cls55
hi
the part # you posted for t/b is for e55 up to model year 2002 european which is 113 141 0525,the new one from 2003 is 113 141 0625,just to clarify. .

What.... why would you need to installs parts from 2002 or 2003 e55 ???
Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
What.... why would you need to installs parts from 2002 or 2003 e55 ???
Checked the EPC, obviously a typo.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by Finny
Checked the EPC, obviously a typo.
Again pls "Me NO english"
Old 05-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cls55
hi
Thank you! I was wondering how long it would take before someone went and tried to get these...

All of Bleek's posts from #174 and forward are all outright lies.. Its nothing more than an attempt to try and smear a good user's reputation.

The sentence below in bold tells it all. Rather than spending the 2 months doing research like I did to figure out how to make an 80mm TB kit work and where to source the parts from, Bleek got his S.A. at the dealership to go up to the parts department and go through my friend's VENDOR account (the guy I order my parts through) and pick out an invoice that had the Part #s on it. When he couldn't figure it out for himself, he had someone internally go through PRIVATE vendor records to scoop the information. Nice huh.

Yes John.. That's right.. That's how Bleek got those Part #s for you..

He also wouldnt get it through his head that all of the parts are ordered through AMG GERMANY but they have to go through a dealership because Germany only ships to the dealers..

Those European Part #'s are not available in a North American Parts catalogue so you know someone is lying to you when they tell you they looked them up at the parts department... LOL.. yeah right...

Rock it's off the 07 SL55, this same liar was telling people his TB combo was different and it wouldn't work just so he didn't lose any business, but in the same breath he'd tell people he wasn't making money, so if your not making, why not just share the info. He lied to my face about the part numbers when he was confronted, but the funny thing was my friend seen the inlet he was selling and i also got the info about the parts he ordered from my parts guy at the dealership, then he tried to lie to me about how he never got it from my dealership. Let me know what other info you guys might need!
This is my favourite part... Yeah.. He bolted them right up to his car and worked just fine... Sure.. Sure.. I would love to see that trick.

The wiring harness on the European TB is completely different.. I had to make modifications to the wiring and some other bits in order to make the TB work. The potentiometers and stepper motor are completely reversed.. But then you would know that if you ever bothered to do your own research... LOL..

For my kits I've used so far 3 different TBs depending on which was in stock at the time... 1 is from a 2002 SL55.. 1 is from a CLK-DTM and 1 is from the 2007 SL55. They all work but all require modifications in order to bolt up.

Guys inregards to the TB, do as you please, i was trying to help, but i guess some loser was gonna get upset, oh well! Listen if you want try it, the 07 SL55 inlet and TB combo bolted up to my car just fine with out wiring problems or anything, i also have the y-pipe partnumber here i forgot to post.

Just want to say one last thing: Be careful what you guys listen to that he posts...
Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i was also skeptical that the tb bleek and jparch claimed here and other posts was a straight bolt-on. anyone that read vrus' original tb threads should remember that the wiring harness was different and that he went through a lot of work to figure that out. stuff vrus always shared with us so that if we did try to order a tb for ourselves we would know it wasn't a straight bolt on.

thanks for the insight on what's really going on vrus.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
VRUS what is happening btw you and Bleek ???

Why you have this WAR going ON ???
Old 05-22-2007, 06:23 PM

2004 E55
LOL! Just got off the phone with my tech at MB, the 1131400912 inlet is the 80mm inlet off the 07, also the 1131410525 tb is also the part number off the 07 SL55. This is coming straight from my tech. The inlet is an 80mm inletfrom the 07 SL55 that does not need adapters welded and it is a direct bolt on. I double checked the part numbers with the tech and he confirmed the part number i gve everyone is off the the 07 and was the same one we tested on J's car.

As for the straight bolt in concern, when we had our tech do the TB on Jparch's car before he bolted everything up like there was no problem. We did not know that he swaped the pinouts to make it work. We assumed it was a direct bolt in! Everything we have our tech do always comes out clean and perfect, and we did not know he reversed the pin outs. I was simpled trying to help by sharing part numbers we used, never meant to mislead anyone as we also thought it was direct bolt on.

As for this other crap about me being a liar and such, believe what you wish, i am not the one that uses other peoples pics of there heads and claim them for myself, i didn't tell people i worked on someones car but never did. I've only posted pics of my own stuff, my SLR coolers, my heads, my fluidampr things that are actually real. I don't need to get into this anymore as these pissing matches only cause more drama then good. Those in the know can read what i write and know whether or not i know what i'm talking about, everything i post i got, everything i share i'll back.

One thing vrus you can bank on is what i said to you on the phone about settling this in person, lets see if you got the parts to call me a liar to my face.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...One thing vrus you can bank on is what i said to you on the phone about settling this in person, lets see if you got the parts to call me a liar to my face.
i respect your knowledge bleek but...wow...???
Old 05-22-2007, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
MOVE ON AND WORK TOGETHER. YOU BOTH HAVE BEEN A LOT OF HELP.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:00 PM

2004 E55
boogers, well said, personal crap will be addressed on my own time, ain't got nothing to do with you guys. I was only trying to help out, i don't do this for the money, but more for the love and challenge.

Built enough race cars, welded enough pipe, built enough motors, but never had a chance to properly tweak out one of these high tech machines, and the theories still apply, but things are just alot more computer oriented and limiting. Still porting heads still make power, nitrous still good bang for the buck, getting the car to hook is still the same. Hauling *** is fun on two or four wheels, it's all about the adrenaline!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Old 05-22-2007, 09:56 PM

All of them!
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
VRUS what is happening btw you and Bleek ???

Why you have this WAR going ON ???
Both must be into getting some ultra high octane beers up there is canuukville, Ontario.
Nice project Bleek.
Maybe if you guys got together and joined forces, even better things would happen.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Built enough race cars, welded enough pipe, built enough motors, but never had a chance to properly tweak out one of these high tech machines, and the theories still apply, but things are just alot more computer oriented and limiting. Still porting heads still make power, nitrous still good bang for the buck, getting the car to hook is still the same. Hauling *** is fun on two or four wheels, it's all about the adrenaline!
Bleek...I think it shows in what you talk about that you have done a lot of these things and are a true gearhead and do know your stuff. Regardless of all this accusation crap...you have to realize that VRUS has earned a lot of respect too because he has brought mods to the table for a lot of folks to get their hands on and either do themselves or have done at a reasonable cost. Most guys running around in Mercedes are not going to get deep into the motor for power like a few of you guys do. And I will also venture a guess and say most owners of these cars are not dyed-in-the-wool life long gearheads and wrenches either. I have been doing this stuff over 30 years but I am reluctant to tear into this whiz bang techno crap under the hood of this car. But everyone enjoys to see guys push this **** to the limit and read about it. So lighten up...keep pushing it and put that crap to the side. Hell...if you would have had that Fluidamper done before I got my pulley it would be a no brainer..its the best there is. My .02.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** 55 Heads Project ***