*** 55 Heads Project ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Originally Posted by jparch
here are some pics from the TB install, i will post more when i find my damn memory card; maybe bleek has it with all the top secret pics
Can you tell ME how does this set up costs ???
Old 08-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Any updates on the gains from port and polishing the heads?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
I bought the 65TT throtle body..you know the butterfly opens the other way. In the butterfly area there is a small Air bypass valve believe, I think I have to relocate it since the butterfly opens the opposite way as to the stock one, does any one have a shot of that area or was anyone faced with that problem, where did you relocate the bypass hole?. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 08-28-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
BB, what's happening you show car freak? Have had great results from the heads, sold quite a few sets now. I'm one of those people that do a few things at once, so to say it was only the heads is tough. The last true dyno run with just heads the dyno crapped out, but the car made 578rwhp and the car ran so rich it went off the scale. Since then i've changed many more things and swapped in the stroker so can't tell you anything yet as of right now i'm waiting for my car to come back as i shipped the car down south for some more work, should have it back next week, but i'll have some top secret pics in a day or so.

MIG for the TT Tb's like the Kleemann ones and such they just relocate the bypass to the TB inlet as a vacuum source, remember to switch the pinouts.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
No more show for me, I wanna GO! Ship your car down here for the MIR rental on October 8th
Old 08-29-2007, 10:12 PM

2004 E55
Hey homie wait a day or so and i'll post up some more go fast parts, no hype just real **** that works! Holla!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Thanks BleeK! Yup the machinist is going to relocate it somewhere else, and yes we will reverse the pins or the wires that's what you are referring to I am assuming...lol! Thanks. Please share those top secret pics...

Originally Posted by bleek
BB, what's happening you show car freak? Have had great results from the heads, sold quite a few sets now. I'm one of those people that do a few things at once, so to say it was only the heads is tough. The last true dyno run with just heads the dyno crapped out, but the car made 578rwhp and the car ran so rich it went off the scale. Since then i've changed many more things and swapped in the stroker so can't tell you anything yet as of right now i'm waiting for my car to come back as i shipped the car down south for some more work, should have it back next week, but i'll have some top secret pics in a day or so.

MIG for the TT Tb's like the Kleemann ones and such they just relocate the bypass to the TB inlet as a vacuum source, remember to switch the pinouts.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:04 PM

2004 E55
Ok guys here's just a few pics. We had some killer stuff done by the same shop on JParch's car, and i could have got them done identical, but since i didn't want to cut corners, i also got these custom for my engine combo, and they are designed by real engineers that actually exsist! The length of the primary tubes to how sharp the bends to the size and length of the secondary tubes all the way down to the killer race merge collectors everything is designed and fitted by these pros. They are also gonna be doing a full race exhaust to match the headers, they got a special killer X-Design going in with special super high flow race cats, but guess what i'm gonna get them to fit the original AMG tips back on, make her look kinda stock!

Also had them weld in fittings for an e-vac system, so i will be plumbing my rocker covers into the exhaust, no more oil burning problems from this blower car!

This is all i want to share for now, for all the rest of the juicy details you'll have to come check out the car in person!

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails *** 55 Heads Project ***-custom-header-1.jpg   *** 55 Heads Project ***-custom-header-2.jpg   *** 55 Heads Project ***-custom-header-3.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Received 507 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Bleek,

Any updates for us? I assume your car is complete.

Also, I'm interested to see if you guys finally got to run at the track.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
bleak, you can pull vacuum through your collectors on that car?
Old 11-11-2008, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
whatever happened to this??? it should be running 9's by now...right?!?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
wow i just took a couple hours to read this thread and all that I can say is WOW... this is incredible stuff!!
Old 11-12-2008, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
...all that I can say is WOW... this is incredible stuff!!
which part...the heads or the hype? there was a lot of talk but when it was time to post results they never came.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
It was pretty cool how it all shook out. Seemed like ole Bleeks mission was to destroy VRUS.

Today Victor is still here with the E55 record and ole Bleek went into the witness protection program.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by chiromikey
which part...the heads or the hype? there was a lot of talk but when it was time to post results they never came.
the heads are a cool project.... the hype was just interrupting the progress...

....but jakpro is right.... he was out to get vrus for no apparent reason except to hurt his business... and it is still true that vrus has the best heads for our cars...
Old 11-25-2008, 07:22 PM

2004 E55
Still got my car, i'd be glad to race anytime to prove the results, just been busy doing my own thing having fun and not getting caught up in the drama.

It was pretty cool how it all shook out. Seemed like ole Bleeks mission was to destroy VRUS.

Today Victor is still here with the E55 record and ole Bleek went into the witness protection program.
Hey i'm glad people got records would love to race a certain someone, the offer still stands for a heads up race and $10000 but someones's flagship car never shows it's face around these neck of the woods. Glad to settle things but someone wasn't willing to take the challenge.

Enough of that, i hope all is well with everyone, car is just in storage now, i've pushed it to the limits and i think i'll stop just short of putting on the spray.

Just a quick FYI:
In regards to 55 kompressor cylinder heads.

Only REAL 55 Kompressor cylinder heads use a longer spark plug, if you ever come across heads that use a spark plug with shorter threads you got a set of 500 heads the intake runners on real 55 Kompressor heads are also a better design. I've seen people put on 500 heads on there 55K cars and bend valves break pistons and such because the put 55K plugs in 500 heads. Beware!

Anyways you all be good, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone south of the border, and becareful shopping on black friday!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Still got my car..not getting caught up in the drama...
Did you perhaps have a role in creating any of the drama to which you refer?

Another of this thread’s contributors has been running his concern with remarkable alacrity.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:15 PM

2004 E55
Did you perhaps have a role in creating any of the drama to which you refer?

Another of this thread’s contributors has been running his concern with remarkable alacrity.
Your 100% right, it's my own fault for stating facts about things, and sometimes by sharing facts certain smoke and mirrors get exposed, so when some one tells you the Tooth Fairy ain't real, feelings are gonna get hurt and people will be up in arms with something they believed in for such a long time. Why run away from a race if your that good, why not put your money where your mouth is. I learned now to just go fast with out exposing things. The real people with any knowledge hear what i'm saying, it's just when someone rubs me the wrong way and pretends to be something there not, i choose to act like a jackass to expose them, my bad. SAY LA VIE!

Enough of this already, learn from what i've posted, hate if you like, but listen have fun with your cars enjoy the fruits of your labours, life is too short for me to continue on trying to prove anything, God Bless everyone here, let's get through this recession and buy more toys!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Received 507 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Wow Bleek!!! You are still alive. I always appreciated your membership on this board.....you invariably provided great info. Why the long absence?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:02 PM

2004 E55
HOLY CRAP!!! Rock you bad *** ****, how have you been, how's the hotrod, hope all is well, what's next on the toy list?

Rock i've just been working hard paying bills my friend. Before you all shoot me i kinda got bored with the car for a minute. Let me explain, after i got the stroker in and the tranny all done, i was like what the hell else is left! So i had all the nitrous stuff sittin there, but i just walked away from it, i still might put the kit on just for ****s and giggles but yeah i just kicked back for a minute.

I know some people are gonna freak, but my roots come from drag racing and Chevy's, so i put an order in on a ZR1, let's see how fast i can make that go! Hey some people drive Escalades, i want to try a vette, let's see if my dealship can fill the order i'm #8 on the waiting list. No Rock i will not abandon my 55 for the vette just adding more to the stable, let me know if you need any spare parts for your car, i'm pretty sure i got double of everything! LOL!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:33 AM

2004 E55
Hey guys just found a clip of my car the exhaust shop did on it, gonna figure out how to convert it an dpost on youtube for you, gimme a sec to figure it out.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:50 AM

SL55 AMG
Still got my car, i'd be glad to race anytime to prove the results, just been busy doing my own thing having fun and not getting caught up in the drama.

Hey i'm glad people got records would love to race a certain someone, the offer still stands for a heads up race and $10000 but someones's flagship car never shows it's face around these neck of the woods. Glad to settle things but someone wasn't willing to take the challenge.

Enough of that, i hope all is well with everyone, car is just in storage now, i've pushed it to the limits and i think i'll stop just short of putting on the spray.

Just a quick FYI:
In regards to 55 kompressor cylinder heads.

Only REAL 55 Kompressor cylinder heads use a longer spark plug, if you ever come across heads that use a spark plug with shorter threads you got a set of 500 heads the intake runners on real 55 Kompressor heads are also a better design. I've seen people put on 500 heads on there 55K cars and bend valves break pistons and such because the put 55K plugs in 500 heads. Beware!

Anyways you all be good, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone south of the border, and becareful shopping on black friday!
Can you go more into detail about "real 55 kompressor heads" will need a longer spark plug?
Old 11-26-2008, 01:03 AM

2004 E55
Can you go more into detail about "real 55 kompressor heads" will need a longer spark plug?
URnext, sure man no problem, REAL 55K heads from a E55K, SL55K, CL55K, CLS55K, S55K, SLR, am i missing any other Kompressor cars? Anyways REAL 55K cylinder heads use a sparkplug with longer threads as it gives it more contact surface to discipate heat.

500 series cylinder heads will bolt on a Kompressor motor no problem, but 500 series cylinder heads use a shorter reach plug(shorter thread) as those motors were never intended to make the same horsepower, thus creating less heat, ie shorter plug.

Also the REAL 55K cylinder heads have a different intake runner, the 55K runners have a longer divder and they flow better.

So my point is becareful buying heads as you might get caught buying 55K cylinder heads that are really 500 heads, but any guys that know there cylinder heads would know this and would never sell 500 heads as 55K heads!

I heard a story about a poor guy that got scammed with a set of 500 heads on his so called custom built 55K motor. A set of 500 series heads were installed on this high dollar race piece and it got a bunch of valves bent and screwed up a bunch more! I seen this motor at a local shop up here, i really feel bad for the guy as this motor was the first 55K motor they ever built, can't blame the shop as they really didn't know, but the person that provided the parts and told them everything would be fine, is a piece of work.

So to make a long story short a 55K plug will hang into the combustion chamber of a 500 series head, so to do a quick check to see if you got real 55K heads thread a real 55K plug in your heads and you'll know what's up, hope that helps.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
actually I have to appologize for my previous post...

Bleek , I think that you are are a true pioneer and should be thanked as such ...

I love this project to death and would love to see the results from it. Everything you had done was first class all the way and it would be awesome to see what happened when it all finally came together.

Thanks
Aleks
Old 11-26-2008, 03:23 AM

2004 E55
actually I have to appologize for my previous post...

Bleek , I think that you are are a true pioneer and should be thanked as such ...

I love this project to death and would love to see the results from it. Everything you had done was first class all the way and it would be awesome to see what happened when it all finally came together.

Thanks
Aleks
Aleks, thank you, it takes a big man to apologize, i respect that. You don't need top follow what other people say, and you should never feel ashamed or pressured to not speak your mind, dont be a lemming.

I worked hard at this, cost more money then i care to remember, the car rocks. I got bored went through a separation, so i just left the car as is.

Basically, heads, custom cams, intercoolers, custom pulley, TB, custom headers and exhaust, Tranny/converter, stroker, limited slip, and some suspension stuff.

I'll post the link of my video in the morning, you all have a good night!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** 55 Heads Project ***