Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MBenzNL iPod/Bluetooth install done.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBenzNL iPod/Bluetooth install done.

Just a note for anyone considering having work done by Steve and Dean at MBenzNL. I drove to San Carlos after work last night to have a factory iPod kit installed. Steve and Dean worked quickly and neatly and the iPod unit works exactly as it should. I mentioned to Dean that I was waiting for the elusive MOST Argos bluetooth unit to be market ready and he told me he had a factory bluetooth unit he could install instead. The factory unit is a bit more expensive, but it works flawlessly.

These guys did a great job for me. Very happy with their work. And to top it off, Steve reprogrammed my car so I don't have that annoying "Don't leave your keys in your car" chime anymore. Now when I open my car door all I hear is beautiful silence!

Thanks guys! I'll be back soon for the Sirius install.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:39 AM

04 E 500 4matic wagon; CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by NewMoses
Just a note for anyone considering having work done by Steve and Dean at MBenzNL. I drove to San Carlos after work last night to have a factory iPod kit installed. Steve and Dean worked quickly and neatly and the iPod unit works exactly as it should. I mentioned to Dean that I was waiting for the elusive MOST Argos bluetooth unit to be market ready and he told me he had a factory bluetooth unit he could install instead. The factory unit is a bit more expensive, but it works flawlessly.

These guys did a great job for me. Very happy with their work. And to top it off, Steve reprogrammed my car so I don't have that annoying "Don't leave your keys in your car" chime anymore. Now when I open my car door all I hear is beautiful silence!

At the San Carlos facility Steve created folding side mirrors and installed convex lenses for me. He also reprogrammed the computer so that the passenger side mirror turns down when the car is in reverse gear. (For some reason MB stopped programming that feature, according to the manual.) First rate work; I highly recommend him.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:05 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by paul928
At the San Carlos facility Steve created folding side mirrors and installed convex lenses for me. He also reprogrammed the computer so that the passenger side mirror turns down when the car is in reverse gear. (For some reason MB stopped programming that feature, according to the manual.) First rate work; I highly recommend him.
didn't the passenger side mirror tilt down already? mine does on the cls55, but you can make it not turn down depending on how the mirror adjustment switches are set. you can rtfm for that one....

what do you think of the euro mirrors? i just put them on and my wife can't get used to the mirrors... but there are no more blind spots whatsoever, thats for sure!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Euro mirrors take some getting used to but they are pretty nice onc you do. I'm still waiting for that damn soft touch AMG wheel...can't wait to get it and have it installed.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:50 PM

04 E 500 4matic wagon; CLS 63 AMG
Side Mirror Adjustment

Originally Posted by Dogshine
didn't the passenger side mirror tilt down already? mine does on the cls55, but you can make it not turn down depending on how the mirror adjustment switches are set. you can rtfm for that one....

what do you think of the euro mirrors? i just put them on and my wife can't get used to the mirrors... but there are no more blind spots whatsoever, thats for sure!
Your are right, the 55 right side mirror adjusts when the car is in reverse, but my 63 didn't (until Steve made the computer adjustment), and the 63 manual indicates that not all 63's have the adjustment feature. The 63 doesn't have the "drive dynamic"" seats either, which I liked on the 55. Steve couldn't adjust for that since there are no air bladders in the 63 seats.
As for the convex mirrors, I do like them although driver's side version does take some getting used to.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Nothing MB related (sorry)
Mark, I see you got an extra mod installed when you were at Dean's place. This is the beginning, you know. The beginning of a serious 'infection'... But I am glad to hear that you like the iPod and phone kit.

Paul, great to know that the pf mirror install went well.

As always, the pleasure was ours!

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 12-22-2006, 11:47 AM

2004 SL 350 & E class 200K avantgarde
Congratulations!

Enjoy your new mods. They are so convinient, you can not live without them....
Old 12-22-2006, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by macgyber
Enjoy your new mods. They are so convinient, you can not live without them....
I don't know how I got by without the bluetooth for a year. It works flawlessly. I get calls all day long. When I'm in the car, it's so nice to just touch a button on the steering wheel and talk. My phone never leaves my pocket. Nice stuff. I'd hate to be the guy who causes a wreck while I'm fumbling for my cell phone.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:34 PM

06 Merc E55, 996TT
So do you have a phone kit already installed??? just added the bluetooth adaptor? I woud like the bluetooth in my car also but I dont even have the phone kit? How much would something like this cost? couple grand?
Old 12-22-2006, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by the yellow man
So do you have a phone kit already installed??? just added the bluetooth adaptor? I woud like the bluetooth in my car also but I dont even have the phone kit? How much would something like this cost? couple grand?
I did not have ANY factory phone items in my car before install. I believe I paid about $1,400 for the installation (total cost). The install was beautifully done with all factory equipment.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
pictures of the installs if possible please!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:26 PM

I'll take some pics when I get a chance. All you can see is the Mercedes bluetooth puck hiding in the back of my console (that is still fully functional) and my iPod sitting in my glove box.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I guess pictures wouldnt make any sense now that I actually thought about it. I thought there would be cradles or something like that. Never mind then!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by Dogshine
...completely deleted out of all 2007 models...must kind of suck when trading "up" one's 2003 E-class for a 2007 E-class and realize how much stuff has been deleted/taken out by MB (it is getting quite insane)...

mark, paul...the pleasure was ours

greetingz,
Old 12-24-2006, 06:59 AM

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
...completely deleted out of all 2007 models...must kind of suck when trading "up" one's 2003 E-class for a 2007 E-class and realize how much stuff has been deleted/taken out by MB (it is getting quite insane)...

mark, paul...the pleasure was ours

greetingz,
Do you guys ever come to Virginia, or East Coast?
Old 12-25-2006, 01:50 AM
Almost a Member!

W124/W202-C230 & W202-C36/W210/W211 - All Modified by MBenzNL
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NewMoses

STEVE ROCK's, He installed the following in my E500:-
Euro Comand with DVD in motion
TV Tuner
Navigation
iPOD Kit
UHI Bluetooth Phone System
Voice Control System (Navi, AM/FM Radio, CD Changer, TV/DVD & Phone)
AMG Body Kit with QUAD Exhaust
Parktronics
Distronics
AMG Heated Steering Wheel with Designo AirBag (To Be Installed in Future)
Sirius Satellite Radio with Hidden Antenna
Power Folding Mirrors (Folds when Doors are LOCKED & Unfolds when Doors OPEN)
19" Multipiece AMG Wheels
Tire Pressure Monitor System
E63 AMG Rear Decklid Spoiler
E63 Smoked Tail Lights
Active/Passive Bi-Xenon Headlights
Passive Fog lights
Lowered Vehicle
Interior Motion Sensor
Trunk Closer
Front & Rear Heated/Ventillated & Folding Seats (To be Completed)
Front Orthopedic Seats (To Be Completed)
Multimedia Player (To Be Installed in Future)
Rear TV/DVD Monitor (To be Installed in Future)
AMG Brakes 030 Package 380mm Brakes with Multi Piece Rotors
De-Badged
Seatbelt Chime Removed instead Seatbelt Message is Displayed
Euro License Plate Insert Rear
Model Update 3rd Brake Light
More & More INstalls to come in NEAR FUTURE...

Last edited by Strictly4AMG; 12-25-2006 at 01:54 AM. Reason: missed
Old 12-25-2006, 05:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by BlackCard
Do you guys ever come to Virginia, or East Coast?
I've been there several times...so yes.

greetingz,
Old 12-25-2006, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
I've been there several times...so yes.

greetingz,
Any plans for the New York area in the near future?
Old 12-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by pmb600
Any plans for the New York area in the near future?
the NEAR future is like WINTERtime...and there is no way I will come to cold areas during winter (might as well stay home then)...

greetingz,
Old 12-26-2006, 10:22 AM

E55
What is it with MB and the decontenting? Audi and the other imported brands still have these features. Couldn't believe that they saved that much by taking the lights out of the side view mirrors! And it costs nothing to have the mirror adjustements.....
Old 12-26-2006, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by corgiman
What is it with MB and the decontenting? Audi and the other imported brands still have these features. Couldn't believe that they saved that much by taking the lights out of the side view mirrors! And it costs nothing to have the mirror adjustements.....
Agreed. They even took out the two-tiered center console for 2007 in the C-Class. I don't know what they are thinking. I'm sure if asked, some MBUSA exec would say "we found our customers were not using this feature...blah blah blah." Ok, so if not, why can't they just leave it as a setting like it was, and the customer can turn it off. As you pointed out this type of feature doesn't cost them anything since all it is only a computer setting to make it work.