Would you guys buy this car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 12:13 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would you guys buy this car?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=1&cardist=22

i am looking at possibly buying this car, but would like some honest opinions from you guys, since you own these cars...

it has every option (at least that i can see) except nav...

is it a good price for the miles?

does it have too many miles?

thoughts?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Absolutely. Looks very clean and if you plan on keeping it for a while the fact it's done 66,000 is not really that important. If you change cars a lot though it will damage resale.

$39k is the lowest I've seen and if it was bought from new and has a fsh then there is no reason not to take the plunge. Good find but move fast
Old 01-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Get the extended warranty
Old 01-29-2007, 01:56 AM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
I would advise against buying the car due to the mileage. I like lower miles cars, as low as I can possibly affort. So save up another $5k and you'd be able to get into a car with less than 40K miles, under factory warranty and you'll like yourself a lot more in the long run.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:01 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by coolcamden
I would advise against buying the car due to the mileage. I like lower miles cars, as low as I can possibly affort. So save up another $5k and you'd be able to get into a car with less than 40K miles, under factory warranty and you'll like yourself a lot more in the long run.
this is probably the only thing holding me back from buying it tomorrow...

i am thinking about taking the car over to my dealer and letting them give it a thorough check-up to see if they can find anything wrong with it as well as pulling up any service records or warranty work in the computer...

i really love my C32, but i would really like to get into an E55 as i have always wanted one since they first introduced the new body style in '03...

any other thoughts, things to look for or check when going to look at one of these?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you save up another $5k you can probably get one with NAV too, and maybe a 2004 ... which will help with residual value
Old 01-29-2007, 02:29 AM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
If the VMI you get from the Benz dealership is clean, then you shouldn't have much to worry about. You gotta watch out for those cars that NXCESS and expo motorcars sell.

Like someone else stated earlier in the thread, purchase an extended warranty(preferrably one from mercedes). My S55 is out of the manufacturer's warranty but i purchased an extended warranty. Its at the dealer right now to repair my ABC that went out. The warranty company is taking care of most of the bill. I have to pay ~$2,500 out of pocket(hydraulic pump not covered) with total repair costing around $5,000.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:34 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by SteveFox
If the VMI you get from the Benz dealership is clean, then you shouldn't have much to worry about. You gotta watch out for those cars that NXCESS and expo motorcars sell.

Like someone else stated earlier in the thread, purchase an extended warranty(preferrably one from mercedes). My S55 is out of the manufacturer's warranty but i purchased an extended warranty. Its at the dealer right now to repair my ABC that went out. The warranty company is taking care of most of the bill. I have to pay ~$2,500 out of pocket(hydraulic pump not covered) with total repair costing around $5,000.

i bought my C32 from expo, so that does not really worry me...as long as you check out the cars really well, there is nothing to worry about...if you don't know anything about cars though, then it could be a nightmare...

i do agree about the extended warranty though, what company did you get yours from?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:40 AM

Mine is form a company called EFG. I have the Platinum, but it does not cover everything in the car. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend the company. I purchased the car from Sterling McCall Lexus here in Houston and this is the extended warranty they offered. Thought it would be a great one coming from a dealership. Wrong. I'm finding this out the hard way. After my claim with this repair I'm going to cancel my coverage to get any of the money I paid for it and probably go with a warranty form these guys:http://autowarrantybroker.com/. I saw the link in the CL55 forum regarding extended warranties.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:14 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by SteveFox
Mine is form a company called EFG. I have the Platinum, but it does not cover everything in the car. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend the company. I purchased the car from Sterling McCall Lexus here in Houston and this is the extended warranty they offered. Thought it would be a great one coming from a dealership. Wrong. I'm finding this out the hard way. After my claim with this repair I'm going to cancel my coverage to get any of the money I paid for it and probably go with a warranty form these guys:http://autowarrantybroker.com/. I saw the link in the CL55 forum regarding extended warranties.

cool, thanks for the heads up....what part of houston do you live in? i just saw a tectite S55 yesterday driving on I-45 in the Clear Lake area, and there can't be that many of those colored cars around here...
Old 01-29-2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
cool, thanks for the heads up....what part of houston do you live in? i just saw a tectite S55 yesterday driving on I-45 in the Clear Lake area, and there can't be that many of those colored cars around here...
I live in the Downtown/Medical Center area. The guy you saw had to be someone else 'cause my ride is in the shop. Its funny, cause about a week ago when driving out of my driveway, not even 2 blocks from where I live, there goes a tectite grey S55. He had double spoke AMGs on though.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
Is it just me or do the door panels look jacked up? the leather is not rippled like newer cars. its almost flat, like its been steamed or ironed out. also look at the leater on the rear seat in the center. almost like water damage or something.

Otherwise, you could have Steve retrofit navi into it if you wanted.

Last edited by Brav; 01-29-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Door panels are odd to me, too.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 PM

07 S65
I would say somethings off with that interior also. The rear seat (middle) looks real sloppy?
Old 01-30-2007, 12:05 AM

03 E55
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=1&cardist=22

it has every option (at least that i can see) except nav...

thoughts?
Does not have Parktronic or Distronic, FYI.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:40 AM
SPONSOR

thanks for the input guys...i think i am going to hold off for now and save up some more money and get one with lower miles and CPO...i don't want to have to deal with headaches from a car with potentially expensive repairs...