Sponsored by:

Tuner Customer Service reality check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
ya james id say that sounds good! although i dont see why renn is comming out when they can e-mail the files? but oh well thats better peace of mind for the SD crew. all in all i think everyone will be happy in the end.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
ya james id say that sounds good! although i dont see why renn is comming out when they can e-mail the files? but oh well thats better peace of mind for the SD crew. all in all i think everyone will be happy in the end.
Actually, it is no added peace of mind for me. i will call James to setup a time for CREATIVE to help me out with the bolt and pulley. I have no interest in meeting RennTech or in having them touch my car.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:46 PM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Originally Posted by jangy
James,
I was planning on keeping quiet, since I didn't see my posts as being productive for either side. I have stated from day 1 that Creative has stepped up. I can also appreciate that Renntech is "willing" to fly out to fix their ECU issue. However, I am still lost as to where the SDCrew gets compensated in any way for the crap we have been through, eventhough we were the ones that ponied up the $$ and committed to RennTech.
At the end of this, RennTech will gain by having worked out the kinks (hopefully) on the ECU programming, which they will use to help their relations with their other clients. What exactly does the SDCrew gain from all of this down time? I do have a relationship with you and I have been more than happy to work with you because you do take care of us. However, I am very hesitant to consider this issue as addressed when it hasn't been from RennTech's end. That is where customer SERVICE comes in, not simply customer obligation. It is simply a lesson learned for me. I will learn to shut up and see how the other party reacts. If I don't like it, I will move on. That is no threat to you, as I do not wish to cut ties with Creative, however, I will reconsider having any RennTech products on my car.

I feel you on the compensation issue. For 3-4 cars to have this type of issue and not be offered ANY type of compensation(whether it be some $ back or discount on future products) is lame. I do feel that the responsibility should be put on CREATIVE to get on RENNtechs butt to take care of you guys. Like you said in previous posts, you shouldn't be the one to have to call this person or that person. However, I think you should put MORE pressure(if you haven't already done so) on the installer to get the issue fixed period. Whether it be by getting RENNtech to fly out, have Kleemann give him some tips , or have David Blane come out and do something .
Old 02-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by SteveFox
I feel you on the compensation issue. For 3-4 cars to have this type of issue and not be offered ANY type of compensation(whether it be some $ back or discount on future products) is lame. I do feel that the responsibility should be put on CREATIVE to get on RENNtechs butt to take care of you guys. Like you said in previous posts, you shouldn't be the one to have to call this person or that person. However, I think you should put MORE pressure(if you haven't already done so) on the installer to get the issue fixed period. Whether it be by getting RENNtech to fly out, have Kleemann give him some tips , or have David Blane come out and do something .

FINALLY, somebody gets my point!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Received 514 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Hey Jangs, I hope you get things worked out but when you started talking about expected "compensation" for you and the SD crew my mind started to imagine what might be going on in the Jangy war room.

Jangy: Okay, here's the plan. We steal the new Renntech software and then hold it ransom for... 1 MILLION dollars!
SD Crew replies: [clears throat] Sir, strictly speaking, a million dollars will not go very far these days. Renntech alone makes over 9 billion dollars a year.
Jangy: Really? Okay then... we hold the software ransom for 1... hundred... BILLION dollars!

Old 02-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
LOL Rock.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by Rock
Hey Jangs, I hope you get things worked out but when you started talking about expected "compensation" for you and the SD crew my mind started to imagine what might be going on in the Jangy war room.

Jangy: Okay, here's the plan. We steal the new Renntech software and then hold it ransom for... 1 MILLION dollars!
SD Crew replies: [clears throat] Sir, strictly speaking, a million dollars will not go very far these days. Renntech alone makes over 9 billion dollars a year.
Jangy: Really? Okay then... we hold the software ransom for 1... hundred... BILLION dollars!

Hahahahahaa... MINI-ME is talking.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Rock

Thanks for the kick while I'm down.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Damn, sorry to hear what happened Jangy. From my experience in modifying a car, it's always the installer's fault. Chances for a company like Renntech or Kleemann sells you fauty part are very very rare. I would pressure on the installer if I were you, and let Renntech takes care what needs to be done on their behalf.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by 2MANYCARS
Damn, sorry to hear what happened Jangy. From my experience in modifying a car, it's always the installer's fault. Chances for a company like Renntech or Kleemann sells you fauty part are very very rare. I would pressure on the installer if I were you, and let Renntech takes care what needs to be done on their behalf.
The installer tried enough for my good. RennTech is simply too big and bad for us simple AMG owners.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
The installer tried enough for my good. RennTech is simply too big and bad for us simple AMG owners.
Jangy we have 2 possible situations here.

1) It is the installers fault

2) It is a faulty part made by RENNtech

So if issue 1) is indeed the reality what obligation does RENNtech have with the issue? I personally see no obligation on their part to fix and issue that the tuner caused (working under the assumption that the installer caused the issues). The installer should fix the issue. Who cares who makes the part as they did noting to your car.

2) Ok in this case yes RENNtech should fix the issue. From where I sit I dont see the facts pointing in this direction. People have said the WIS books do not mention a new bolt and that if directions were followed and done correctly all should be just fine.

The software issue is 100% different and indeed if the claim that the cars are indeed slower when flashed is true yes they should fix that. It is very hard to judge power until the parts are installed on ALL cars and then ALL cars have dyno runs done to see a difference between stock and modded. If there is no change or if the delta value is lower than claimed then yes you have an issue. Doing a dyno run right after the pulley is installed and the ecu is flashed is not all that accurate and waiting a bit for everything to learn the new settings does help.

Boiling it all down helps to keep tempers separated from reality.

I think all parties will resolve their obligations and all E55's in question will soon be healthy once again.

I hope it all is worked out but I also hope that the "blame" falls at the feet of the "guilty" party not someone who happens to be remotely involved.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
See step 5. How can this possibly be Renntech's fault?

Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Banned

once the bolt is stretched how can an old one have the same holding power???
Old 02-02-2007, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
It doesn't, that's the point. The instructions cannot be any clearer.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Look. You guys aren't getting it. I bought a package, which included parts from RennTech PLUS install. It is all one in the same. I'm not even going to harp on James' post above on how RennTech does not replace the bolt. I do not care whose "fault" it was. I care that 4 of my crew's crs have been sitting for a week with no attempt whatsoever by RennTech to even show any humane concern. You think I would be driving a Benz if they had no customer service?
All I ever wanted was the feel good hug and acknowledgement that whatever needs to happen will get done. Instead I get vibes from RennTech on who is this idiot, when I am the one that has been singlehandedly sending him god knows how many customers over the past year and was continuing. This stage 1 was a two way test. It was to show RennTech that we aren't just talking and that we are indeed serious about full out mods. It was also a test to see how they react to things.

Point blank, I am not happy with RennTech's attitude. It is over and I want my money back and I will retract ANY and all support for them. It is done. I could give a **** who was to blame. All I know is that RennTech could have been a little nicer and all of this would have been avoided. I'm glad they are so great. I can promise you their cute little move here will not add any sales to the SoCal regions. Don't they know that 20% of all AMGs are sold in SoCal?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 GL350
Jangy,

What EXACTLY are you looking for?? You already got a sweetheart deal on the pulley? You never say what you want only that Renn needs to do sonething.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:06 AM

2016 S550 designo Magno Cashmere White (Matte Finish)
Originally Posted by goalie_k
Jangy,

What EXACTLY are you looking for?? You already got a sweetheart deal on the pulley? You never say what you want only that Renn needs to do sonething.
Maybe a free upgrade to stage 5 ???

But honestly you have to break it all down ..... Renntech should have NOTHING to do with a bad install .... It has been noted that a new bolt is needed when doing the install, the old bolt is simply not gonna do. If the installer chooses to still use the old bolt EVEN when the instructions say not to then what seems to be the responsibility from Renntech ??? Really I mean you are here now bad mouthing Renntech for what YOU think they should do but you don't mention what you want from them.... They already offered to fly out to help...

I got a brilliant plan .... I'll call my local joe mechanic, order a kleenman pulley, let the monkey install it wrong so I can sue and badmouth kleenman until they give me whatever I want !! BRILLIANT !! ( like the guiness commercials )

Like I said before, I am not trying to start a fight with you but you have to put the blame where it belongs.....

You also said previously that renntech did nothing but in the older posts james said he had your stuff on his desk and was waiting for you...

New bolts have been sitting on my desk awaiting installation. Jangy's belt has also been sitting on my desk since tuesday. Once he has the time, we will have him taken care of. Quote from james

But really , what are you trying to get out of renntech with what has been offered so far ?? maybe still going for the 1 billion dollars MUAHAHAH

A few sdcrews had problems and they were all installed at the SAME PLACE !! I had mine done at renntech and NOT 1 PROBLEM with my pulley, bolt, or belt.

Please explain what it is in detail what you want renntech to do for you EXACTLY and maybe they will read this post and see if they can make you happy...

As for me I am A VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER OF RENNTECH'S and I WILL RECOMMEND THEIR PRODUCTS TO ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY THAT I CAN !!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Cosm, since you are so deep in bed to see. RIDDLE ME THIS what does Creative have to do with an ECU program that was sent by the customer to RennTech and flashed by RennTech and returned to the customer?
Is Creative to blame? Go smell some roses. Glad you are so happy. Did you ever bother running a dyno or any verification of your ECU upgrade to see your gains?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by goalie_k
Jangy,

I simply want my money back. And I want Creative and or RennTech to pay to have MB make sure all is back to stock. If the crank key is damaged, then I will deal with whom to blame.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Cosm, since you are so deep in bed to see. RIDDLE ME THIS what does Creative have to do with an ECU program that was sent by the customer to RennTech and flashed by RennTech and returned to the customer?
Is Creative to blame? Go smell some roses. Glad you are so happy. Did you ever bother running a dyno or any verification of your ECU upgrade to see your gains?
Renntech offered ot fly out and troubleshoot your problems what more can you ask then to have somebody FLY out to help ?? You also have to remember that the ecu also need to learn so you may not see total gains until it does... So in essence your saying the ecu does nothing but make your car go slower ?? I guess the 1000's of us RT ecu mod owners just got had

However I do know that I was at renntech the other day and just by some software upgrade I was able to get another some more power. Here's the dyno to prove

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9347/dyno2kd8.jpg

And there is more to be had as soon as I have time to drop it off for a few days I as SURE Renntech will get me to at least 500HP but gaining some ponies but 37 TQ !! makes the car feel like a different car all together just from the power curve

Oh yeah, mine is an 05 with all dealer flashes

Last edited by Cosm; 02-02-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:47 AM

I simply want my money back. And I want Creative and or RennTech to pay to have MB make sure all is back to stock. If the crank key is damaged, then I will deal with whom to blame.
So then ask creative for your money back !!! and ask them to put it back to stock !!! Let creative deal with getting the money back from renntech. Did you buy it directly from creative ?? if so they have your money or did you order it from rentech and have creative install it ??
Old 02-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Cosm
Maybe a free upgrade to stage 5 ???

But honestly you have to break it all down ..... Renntech should have NOTHING to do with a bad install .... It has been noted that a new bolt is needed when doing the install, the old bolt is simply not gonna do. If the installer chooses to still use the old bolt EVEN when the instructions say not to then what seems to be the responsibility from Renntech ??? Really I mean you are here now bad mouthing Renntech for what YOU think they should do but you don't mention what you want from them.... They already offered to fly out to help...

I got a brilliant plan .... I'll call my local joe mechanic, order a kleenman pulley, let the monkey install it wrong so I can sue and badmouth kleenman until they give me whatever I want !! BRILLIANT !! ( like the guiness commercials )

Like I said before, I am not trying to start a fight with you but you have to put the blame where it belongs.....

You also said previously that renntech did nothing but in the older posts james said he had your stuff on his desk and was waiting for you...

New bolts have been sitting on my desk awaiting installation. Jangy's belt has also been sitting on my desk since tuesday. Once he has the time, we will have him taken care of. Quote from james

But really , what are you trying to get out of renntech with what has been offered so far ?? maybe still going for the 1 billion dollars MUAHAHAH

A few sdcrews had problems and they were all installed at the SAME PLACE !! I had mine done at renntech and NOT 1 PROBLEM with my pulley, bolt, or belt.

Please explain what it is in detail what you want renntech to do for you EXACTLY and maybe they will read this post and see if they can make you happy...

As for me I am A VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER OF RENNTECH'S and I WILL RECOMMEND THEIR PRODUCTS TO ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY THAT I CAN !!
I think the real problem here is, he is having a bad case of buyers remorse and he wants his money back. He feels that if he raises enough stink, it will happen. Just like M5 KLR with the problems he had with an Evo pulley a year ago. It just does not work to air your grievances on a public forum. This would be better settled in private.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Look. You guys aren't getting it. I bought a package, which included parts from RennTech PLUS install. It is all one in the same. I'm not even going to harp on James' post above on how RennTech does not replace the bolt. I do not care whose "fault" it was. I care that 4 of my crew's crs have been sitting for a week with no attempt whatsoever by RennTech to even show any humane concern. You think I would be driving a Benz if they had no customer service?
All I ever wanted was the feel good hug and acknowledgement that whatever needs to happen will get done. Instead I get vibes from RennTech on who is this idiot, when I am the one that has been singlehandedly sending him god knows how many customers over the past year and was continuing. This stage 1 was a two way test. It was to show RennTech that we aren't just talking and that we are indeed serious about full out mods. It was also a test to see how they react to things.

Point blank, I am not happy with RennTech's attitude. It is over and I want my money back and I will retract ANY and all support for them. It is done. I could give a **** who was to blame. All I know is that RennTech could have been a little nicer and all of this would have been avoided. I'm glad they are so great. I can promise you their cute little move here will not add any sales to the SoCal regions. Don't they know that 20% of all AMGs are sold in SoCal?
I honestly think you have thrown the baby out with the bath water. You must stop and ask "why is RENNtech at fault?" They are coming to fix your car and making a trip just for you. They, as a vendor of parts, have contracts with people to be installers. The contract does not say "if you mess up an install and can not figure out how to install a pulley correctly we will come out and bail you out." As a business the installer needs to stand up and fix your pulley issue. I have seen NOTHING saying that a RENNtech pulley defect caused this and therefore I think comments implicating them as having poor service is really misleading. They are coming to address everything including the software issue and yet you STILL are all wound up and selling your ELM just to spite people.

Also, you are saying that the PRESIDENT of a company should fly out and come fix your car? Do you not think that RENNtech as a firm has employees capable of resolving this issue? Yes he does make trips out to tune a $40k dollar upgraded S500 or C55 but for an issue with a pulley and some software does not really justify flying out the leader. He would likely be here helping you out Jangy but maybe he has obligations to other customers and instead is sending the people who are free and able to help your issues.

I saw you become angry with EVOsport over some issues, you retracted your wheel order with HRE for issues and now you are doing the same with RENNtech. I just see a trend that you are a very difficult to please. I have read many studies and books on customer service for work and at some point you just have say some customers just never are totally happy and nothing can resolve that (with in reason). I am not sure this is the case here but it could just be.

There are many people out there who have had great dealings with Hartmut and RENNtech as a whole. I had a bunch of parts on my old C32 and they resolved every issue in an extremely prompt fashion and often went above and beyond what I expected. When SMGC32 and I had some problems with intercooling RENNtech was there for advice and help on how to solve the issue. They were correct on their speculation and the dealership fixed a faulty intercooler core that had been clogged with leaking coolant. Every time I need help from RENNtech they are there to help without any issue.

Its a shame all has gone down hill for you but I do think they will resolve everything to your standards in due time. Just be a bit more understanding and place the correct blame with the different parties. The tuner should fix the pulley issue and RENNtech will fix any software issue.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 02-02-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by can drive 55
I think the real problem here is, he is having a bad case of buyers remorse and he wants his money back. He feels that if he raises enough stink, it will happen. Just like M5 KLR with the problems he had with an Evo pulley a year ago. It just does not work to air your grievances on a public forum. This would be better settled in private.

Thanks for your assumptions. Buyers remorse over $4k? LOL. Glad you don't know me. Watch and see if my intentions are to get my $4K back or if they are to spend another $10K on top of it!!

By the way, Creative has always had an open policy with me on refunding at any moment. I don't need a stink. RennTech would even understand that.

Last edited by jangy; 02-02-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Also, you are saying that the PRESIDENT of a company should fly out and come fix your car? Do you not think that RENNtech as a firm has employees capable of resolving this issue? Yes he does make trips out to tune a $40k dollar upgraded S500 or C55 but for an issue with a pulley and some software does not really justify flying out the leader. He would likely be here helping you out Jangy but maybe he has obligations to other customers and instead is sending the people who are free and able to help your issues.

When did I ask the President to come out?

I saw you become angry with EVOsport over some issues, you retracted your wheel order with HRE for issues and now you are doing the same with RENNtech. I just see a trend that you are a very difficult to please. I have read many studies and books on customer service for work and at some point you just have say some customers just never are totally happy and nothing can resolve that (with in reason). I am not sure this is the case here but it could just be.

This very well could be the case. I never denied being one picky *****. And impatient on top of that. Good point.

Its a shame all has gone down hill for you but I do think they will resolve everything to your standards in due time. Just be a bit more understanding and place the correct blame with the different parties. The tuner should fix the pulley issue and RENNtech will fix any software issue.

That is clear. I never felt the issues wouldn't EVENTUALLY be addressed.
Better?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuner Customer Service reality check