Sponsored by:

Evo Sport Headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some nice cars ;)
Evo Sport Headers

Sorry if this sounds like a juvi question.... but, has anyone installed evo sport headers on thier E55s? If yes, what r ur impressions.

I was quoted $5200 for the headers plus install. Does this seem a fair price?
And, i was also quoted a gain of 30-40 hp

I am new here, dont want to make a wrong decision.

Thank u in advance.

-K
Old 02-12-2007, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
If you don't mind me asking, who quoted you $5200?

http://www.evosport.com/product/prod...VO.EXH.M11.H03
Old 02-12-2007, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by KamzAmg
Sorry if this sounds like a juvi question.... but, has anyone installed evo sport headers on thier E55s? If yes, what r ur impressions.

I was quoted $5200 for the headers plus install. Does this seem a fair price?
And, i was also quoted a gain of 30-40 hp

I am new here, dont want to make a wrong decision.

Thank u in advance.

-K
5200 is way to much for us in the USA. i have no idea about dubia? but i can tell you there is no way in hell you will get 30-40hp i would say 20hp tops if you have 93 octane or better gas.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
The price is way too high. The shortys are a simple bolt on. Not to say that it takes a quick second, but it also shouldn't cost $2000 for install, either.

I was quoted WAAAY less than that for the RennTech one, that I prefer.

Not to steal this thread, but who else makes a shorty (bolt on) for our cars?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
I was going to get them but app they dont fit RHD cars... can anyone confirm? Vadim?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:12 AM

some nice cars ;)
ok.. first of thanks for the input. Now for the second question... if i were to order it from u guys in States, how much would it cost me with shipping and all?
And one more thing... are they worth it?

Thanks alot guys.

-K
Old 02-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by KamzAmg
ok.. first of thanks for the input. Now for the second question... if i were to order it from u guys in States, how much would it cost me with shipping and all?
And one more thing... are they worth it?

Thanks alot guys.

-K
I haven't run the EVO headers. Retail is about $3000, and shipping to dubai is a few hundred (I send my cousin stuff ). I'm looking for headers myself, and I'm torn between the RennTech and EVO ones. Each seems to have an advantage. If you aren't in a major rush, you may want to wait a bit for one coming out that will have the best of both and then some!!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:55 AM

Mercedes-Benz AMG
First I would say the labor you were quoted is high, but you are in Dubai so I cannot compare to labor rates in CA. It takes a tech here about 7 hours to install our headers.
Evosport headers retail for $2995 and we can ship to Dubai.

Our evosport headers are shorty headers that will give good power gains. Along with software and plugs you will see 35 to 40hp without having to modify your catalytic converters, and affect your emissions.
The coating we use on our header not only helps with exhaust scavenging, but also reduces underhood temps which is always a problem on force induction cars.

Evosport headers also can match the quality and power gains of any shorty header on the market for less money.

Dale from evosport
Old 02-13-2007, 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by dale @ evosport
First I would say the labor you were quoted is high, but you are in Dubai so I cannot compare to labor rates in CA. It takes a tech here about 7 hours to install our headers.
Evosport headers retail for $2995 and we can ship to Dubai.

Our evosport headers are shorty headers that will give good power gains. Along with software and plugs you will see 35 to 40hp without having to modify your catalytic converters, and affect your emissions.
The coating we use on our header not only helps with exhaust scavenging, but also reduces underhood temps which is always a problem on force induction cars.

Evosport headers also can match the quality and power gains of any shorty header on the market for less money.

Dale from evosport
Dale, do you guys make any for a S55 and could you sent a price my way.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
I haven't run the EVO headers. Retail is about $3000, and shipping to dubai is a few hundred (I send my cousin stuff ). I'm looking for headers myself, and I'm torn between the RennTech and EVO ones. Each seems to have an advantage. If you aren't in a major rush, you may want to wait a bit for one coming out that will have the best of both and then some!!
What are the differences between the RennTech and the EVO ones?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG
Originally Posted by Shaun
Dale, do you guys make any for a S55 and could you sent a price my way.
Shaun, we have never tried putting them on a S55. They will obviously bolt up to the block, but I couldn't guarantee you wouldn't have any clearance issues. Even the SL55 and the E55 have subtle differences.

Dale
Old 02-13-2007, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Dale,

EVO "Shorty" headers does NOT eliminate any cats correct? Hence no CEL issues?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:11 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG
Originally Posted by phatmitzu
Dale,

EVO "Shorty" headers does NOT eliminate any cats correct? Hence no CEL issues?
Correct, bolts right up to factory exhaust. Your cats and o2 sensors remain in the stock location, so no CEL issues

Dale
Old 02-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
What are the differences between the RennTech and the EVO ones?
I'm not an expert as I have neither, but am about to get some, so here goes:

They are different in materials (Renntech uses SS while EVO uses aluminized steel), design (RennTech is 4-2-1 and EVO is 4-1), and coatings (Renntech is not coated and EVO is ceramic coated) for starters. All a matter of preference, really. Each has its advantages and both claim to give the "best" gains.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
I'm not an expert as I have neither, but am about to get some, so here goes:

They are different in materials (Renntech uses SS while EVO uses aluminized steel), design (RennTech is 4-2-1 and EVO is 4-1), and coatings (Renntech is not coated and EVO is ceramic coated) for starters. All a matter of preference, really. Each has its advantages and both claim to give the "best" gains.
I see.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. A 4-2-1 design is typically for mid range power and torque where a 4-1 design is for upper end power. A 4-1 design usually produces a slight more power than the 4-2-1 design. Anyhow, I do like that EVO is ceramic coated.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I see.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. A 4-2-1 design is typically for mid range power and torque where a 4-1 design is for upper end power. A 4-1 design usually produces a slight more power than the 4-2-1 design. Anyhow, I do like that EVO is ceramic coated.
Actually, it isn't all that simple. The true object of headers would be to have a 4 into one with all four tubes being of equal length, which is near impossible with shortys and clearance. Both systems are a compromise in that regard, but then again so are shortys. For those of us (myself included) that want to avoid messing with the primary cats, it is a choice we need to make.

While I do like the coating added to the EVO ones, the Stainless Steel of the RennTech ones is a nicer raw material. I typically have all of my exhaust components coated anyway prior to instll, so it all comes down to your preferences.

Personally, I am still searching for someone to release a new one that has the best of all.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Here are the pictures of Evosport and Renntech headers.

Being the designer of Evosport headers, I am biased.

Evosport headers are shorty design, intended to replace stock factory manifolds without any cutting or modification to the factory catalytic converters. The reason for mild steel vs stainless has to do with stainless propensity to crack after a number of heat/cold cycles. Mild steel is more flexible and when coated offers the corrosion and heat containment benefits of stainless along with lower cost.

Also evosport headers are true 4-1, vs. Renntech 2-1, 3-1 design.

Many customers have seen 25-30RWHP gains, including Vrus.
Attached Thumbnails Evo Sport Headers-evosport_headers1.jpg   Evo Sport Headers-renntech-headers.jpg  
Old 02-13-2007, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Here's a link to a discussion regarding the relative merits of stainless steel to mild steel usage in performance headers:

http://performanceweldingheaders.com/svsm.htm

Evo most likely coats their headers so they don't rust / corrode out in a short period of time. Stainless doesn't require coating since they aren't subject to rusting out. Not everyone is convinced at the effectiveness of coatings in reducing underhood temps, but most will agree that they enhance appearance and help prevent corrosion. There was a previous thread about the relative merits of the Evo versus Renntech headers. Either would be an improvement over the stock exhaust manifolds; too bad Evo does not offer a version of their design in stainless - which would seemingly be the best of both worlds. They could even use a grade of stainless that OEMs use, which wouldn't be, as Evo claims, prone to cracking. And they could go all out and use single piece mandrel bent primaries, instead of the butt welded segments their design currently employs. Heck, if they offer a set like that, I'd buy.

If cost is an issue, get the Evo's. If cost isn't an issue, get the ones you like the looks of better. Performance gains will be about the same with either.

Last edited by komp55; 02-13-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN

Evosport headers are shorty design, intended to replace stock factory manifolds without any cutting or modification to the factory catalytic converters. The reason for mild steel vs stainless has to do with stainless propensity to crack after a number of heat/cold cycles. Mild steel is more flexible and when coated offers the corrosion and heat containment benefits of stainless along with lower cost.

sorry vadim im not buyin it there is no way bolting up thoes headders will give you 25-30hp. 15-20hp at the very most. in no way am i tryin to start a fight cuzz i will be buyin my next car from you but thoes number are off.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN

+1 Evosport headers are the way to go
Old 02-13-2007, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
s15-20hp at the very most.
Didn't you do a full-blown SuperSprint long tube header/exhaust set-up? What did you see at the dyno with the full SS set-up?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by kompressed55
Didn't you do a full-blown SuperSprint long tube header/exhaust set-up? What did you see at the dyno with the full SS set-up?
yes i got 40hp and i belive 58tq not sure of the exact numbers. adam is installin the TB right now and hes gonna try a bunch of different ECU tunes for the best one. but i think thoes were the numers for boltin up the SS system
Old 02-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
I gained 30rwhp, 31rwtq with the addition of the Evosport headers & plug wires & phenolic spacers... Since plug wires & spacers cant be attributed for most of the power gain, its safe to say the headers were mostly responsible for that..

For the money I think its a good performing header.

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
yes i got 40hp and i belive 58tq not sure of the exact numbers. adam is installin the TB right now and hes gonna try a bunch of different ECU tunes for the best one. but i think thoes were the numers for boltin up the SS system
Old 02-13-2007, 05:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
20’ G63,18' GT3, 17' NSX, 16' Cayenne, 09' GTR, 05' E55
+1 Evosport!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by vrus
I gained 30rwhp, 31rwtq with the addition of the Evosport headers & plug wires & phenolic spacers... Since plug wires & spacers cant be attributed for most of the power gain, its safe to say the headers were mostly responsible for that..

For the money I think its a good performing header.
was this 30hp just by bolting on the headers or did you mess with the ECU?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo Sport Headers