2008 supercharged Z06!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
Originally Posted by jimand7
with this Chicago weather I would bury any Z06 all day with my on order 911-997TT.
you wont be running circles around ****, cause you dont have it yet

i will smoke everyone and their mom in my on order 2010 hellcat
Old 02-13-2007, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
I will say the new generation is a much better looking car (corvette). BUt everytime I see some guy driving it he is wearing Oakley Blades with mousse in his hair and a gold chain around his hairy neck pulling into a fast food drive thru.
Do you live in a hick town or something? Or are you stuck in some 80's movie? That ****'s been gone for a whiiiiile now. Makes your story sound fabricated.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by xxaarraa
A great engine does not a great car make.

It can do 9 second quarter miles or trap 140 mph, but it still has a lego interior that I could have built better in the 1980s when I was playing with legos. Watch out if that thing gets ahead of you for spare parts will come flying to your windshield.

And NO, Chevy does not make good SUVs or trucks. European or Japanese SUVs/trucks will run circles around ANYTHING chevy offers in all aspects - durability, power, mileage
So what your saying is reliability and interior are the deciding factors or just above speed?

If Chevy actually does their marketing analysis outside of basic focus groups correctly for this car they will position themselves to cannabilize the exotics and not their 70K base Z car.

They will likely use discrete choice/conjoint analysis to essentially boil about 100+ factors that define a car (engine, suspension, heritage/trandition, interior, exterior, 0-60, blah....) and to assess the value in terms of the value or utility that people put on them by analytical survey questions.

They would then segment this based on customers cross shopping with high purchase intent for say the 911TT, Ferrari, Nissan, GT-R etc.

What cheesedick is saying is that Chevy will be "pulling out the hicks" from the other exotic purchase intenders. And most of these people won't know that they are hicks or cheesedicks.

I wish i had all this info and I could score everyones hidden cheesedick factor on this forum...and you mind find some surprises...that generalizations may indeed be wrong.

I guess in 2009 we will know if the S/C Z06 is a success or failure but with a limited run of 1500 I think demand will clear supply.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Roupin

Either you're just an internet tough guy or a tool. Maybe both.
definitely both (and some others)

i would rather have a lesser custom model that something anyone can walk in and buy, where is the satisfaction in that

you'll see "your" car on every intersection
Old 02-13-2007, 11:51 PM

a toy
Originally Posted by AMG_55
definitely both (and some others)

i would rather have a lesser custom model that something anyone can walk in and buy, where is the satisfaction in that

you'll see "your" car on every intersection
Not the Z8....sales sucked back then

Note the irony, the "cheesed*ck" Vette is the one with the waiting list and markup
Old 02-14-2007, 12:01 AM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
and once again...Chevy's are great SUV's and trucks and all don't get me wrong. It is the Corvette that I stereotype, sorry if that word offended anyone hahaha.
I have a MBZ and I have a Z06. I can buy ANY car in this world that I want, heck I have been approached to buy a dealership due to my known interest in cars. I chosed cars due to MY interested in it. And to think when I drive down the street I am judged by someone who knows nothing about me.

I take offense in your statement. Your admitted generalization is the worst form of ignorance. You could be saying every African American is lazy, every Asian American is a geek, etc... The worst form of ignorance.

I only feel sorry for your narrowmindedness.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:03 AM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Originally Posted by DJE55
That's all that is, rumors. These cars (exotics) have been getting out performed for years. They don't compete in the same market and they don't try too. The Vette is the best bang for the buck car out there by far. That's what American muscle has been doing for years, mass producing bang for your buck. Ferrari, Lambo's and others have limited production runs of their cars to keep up values and prestige. They don't need magazine articles to sell their cars. They have guys on waiting list right now that have been there since previous model years.
Hey man I agree...but wouldn't you , after being on a waiting list and shelling out 200K for your ride, want to be the fastest car on the road. I would.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:08 AM

07 S65
Of course but that's not what the Ferrari guys are about. Look at me look at me.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
Do you live in a hick town or something? Or are you stuck in some 80's movie? That ****'s been gone for a whiiiiile now. Makes your story sound fabricated.

jimand7 whats your zipcode in chicagoland?

Roupin check out yours...your an LA baller.

Encino, CA 91436's most common PRIZM NE Segments are:
Number Name
02 Blue Blood Estates
03 Movers & Shakers
14 New Empty Nests
15 Pools & Patios
01 Upper Crust

Last edited by e55 baller; 02-14-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
id rather have the new viper and mod it. Looks better IMO.

Dishing out $115k for that car is ridiculous. Wouldnt it be cheaper to get a regular Z06 and add the supercharger as a mod?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:52 AM

cclass05
Originally Posted by AMG_55
you wont be running circles around ****, cause you dont have it yet

i will smoke everyone and their mom in my on order 2010 hellcat
Old 02-14-2007, 02:50 AM

Same thing with an 07 Ford Mustang GT500 that has 500hp and costs 40,000$. It has the same engine as Ford GT and costs 1/3 the price, but does that make it more desireable and somehow better than Ford GT? No matter how powerful a given car is, it doesn't change its fundamental nature, an 800hp 9-second civic is still a civic. GM should've started from scratch and made a supercar, instead, they did what any aftermarket company does and charged you a hefty premium for the warranty. You can call a corvette anything you want, but its still a budget performance car. Park a Z06 next to a Porsche GT3 and nobody will even notice it, it looks and feels like a rental car in comparison. When it was discovered that Z06's roof sometimes falls off at highway speed (even though its supposed to be fixed), I was not surprised at all... you get what you pay for.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:03 AM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
Multiple
Originally Posted by e55 baller
So what your saying is reliability and interior are the deciding factors or just above speed?
hmm yeah. When I spend over a hundred grand on a car, I dont want a dashboard that looks like its been lifted straight out of a blazer. I dont want knobs that feel like they are going to crumble every time I turn them.

They will likely use discrete choice/conjoint analysis to essentially boil about 100+ factors that define a car (engine, suspension, heritage/trandition, interior, exterior, 0-60, blah....)
What heritage? What interior? What tradition? Its a Chevy, it has very little pedigree and even that was lost when they put out pieces of ****s in the 80s and 90s. They are now putting Chevy badges on Daewoos. So much for "heritage and tradition." Wake up dude.

I guess in 2009 we will know if the S/C Z06 is a success or failure but with a limited run of 1500 I think demand will clear supply.

That doesnt mean anything about how good the car is. Americans buy a million Ford F150s every year. Does that make that a good car/truck? No, it just means American taste is poor. Go on flame me.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Damn, this thread took a wrong turn. I just posted up to give people an opportunity to get on the list for a new Z06 before its too late. If you dont like it, dont buy it!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Z06 is a Mid Life Crisis Car, get a GT3 for that money
Old 02-14-2007, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Damn, this thread took a wrong turn. I just posted up to give people an opportunity to get on the list for a new Z06 before its too late. If you dont like it, dont buy it!
Damn..you said it right. And I thought the brand loyalty to the 911 and Corvette was intense......AMG'ers are just as bad!!!

Heck. I don't care what brand I drive as long as I have a load of fun doing it. I went form Lexus to Vette to BMW to Lexus to Vette to Viper to AMG. If all I cared about was people looking at me , I would drive the Viper daily (it still gets the most head turns, but it is a rude, crude animal..just the way DC intended it to be). I just think people should know what they are buying.

When I pulled up in my new E63 a neighbor commented, "That car is gorgeous, but it is not a Viper." Heck no..I don't want it to be like my Viper. I am going to drive this car everyday..work,gym, store etc..it better not be like the Viper. It is a refined, luxurious automobile that happens to be verry fast.
I can't even adjust the seat in my Viper because it is bolted to the floor to give me extra head room. Same in the Ford GT. I can't even fit in the car. Most of these 2 door autos are weekend cars. If you think you are going to drive a Viper, Z06, GT, 911TT daily in NYC, everyday, I would think long and hard. And save money for new tires and rims (Please no comments from you Florida and CAlifornia people as the snow falls here in the BIG APPLE)
Anyway, my long and boring point is know what you are buying and what you are going to use it for. You might not like a particular model or brand but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate it for what it is. ANd if this super Vette does make it to production it will be one BAD *** CAR.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,065 Likes on 854 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
I'd send a C6 Z06 Vette to Lingenfelter for a twin-turbo system and have an 800 hp car before I'd spend $100,000 + for a new 650 hp Vette.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:54 AM

07 SL55, 1954 Corvette, 09 E350
Smile

If the new Corvette has more horsepower and new innovations there will always be buyers. The thing is, you buy a car for many reasons and hope it will perform. When it is time to sell, if it made you happy then you had a good ride.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:55 AM

2023 Range rover 2022 RAM TRX (bad ass):) - 2023 911 Turbo 2019 Wrangler 2021 E63s Wagon
No, I live 15 minutes outside of Chicago to the North. What is fabricated? Actually the ONLY car I stereotype are vette's. Sorry.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:57 AM

Angry

Originally Posted by GOODENUF
If the new Corvette has more horsepower and new innovations there will always be buyers. The thing is, you buy a car for many reasons and hope it will perform. When it is time to sell, if it made you happy then you had a good ride.
Well said.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:07 PM

2023 Range rover 2022 RAM TRX (bad ass):) - 2023 911 Turbo 2019 Wrangler 2021 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by coolcamden
I have a MBZ and I have a Z06. I can buy ANY car in this world that I want, heck I have been approached to buy a dealership due to my known interest in cars. I chosed cars due to MY interested in it. And to think when I drive down the street I am judged by someone who knows nothing about me.

I take offense in your statement. Your admitted generalization is the worst form of ignorance. You could be saying every African American is lazy, every Asian American is a geek, etc... The worst form of ignorance.

I only feel sorry for your narrowmindedness.
I am so proud of your fortune. gosh, it must be nice haha. I might not sleep because you are offended
I never said any of those other things
just first impressions are the worst impressions if your crusing around in your yellow Z06. I mean would't you have a bad first impression if some guy came to pick up your daughter (if you have one) in a camo 89 astro van withe the license plate SHaGN WGN? He could be a great guy. But you would be like uh oh. And there you are PRE-judging before you even met him.
damn I forgot to take a pic of my CL600.
it is obsidian black with the savanah/cashemere interior. My dealer (loeber motors in Lincolnwood IL) told me it was the only one of that color combo in the states.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
No, I live 15 minutes outside of Chicago to the North. What is fabricated? Actually the ONLY car I stereotype are vette's. Sorry.
Really? How about Camaros? Fords? Fiestas?
Old 02-14-2007, 06:33 PM

vette's are for Cheesd*cks.
not every cheesed*ck has one and not everyone who has one is a CHeesd*ck.
this world is too politically correct
Old 02-14-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
One of these days you'll grow up, be more mature, more humble and less ignorant. The way you are you should hope you get to see that day soon.

I am so proud of your fortune. gosh, it must be nice haha. I might not sleep because you are offended
I never said any of those other things
just first impressions are the worst impressions if your crusing around in your yellow Z06. I mean would't you have a bad first impression if some guy came to pick up your daughter (if you have one) in a camo 89 astro van withe the license plate SHaGN WGN? He could be a great guy. But you would be like uh oh. And there you are PRE-judging before you even met him.
damn I forgot to take a pic of my CL600.
it is obsidian black with the savanah/cashemere interior. My dealer (loeber motors in Lincolnwood IL) told me it was the only one of that color combo in the states.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
i called my dealer today no list or any info yet. all he said was you have to take a driving class before you can buy one.lol.
other than that if it looks like the picture i will get one and you guys with badd comments wont say a word to me at the stop light. maybe behind your keyboards at home or with your windows up but thats about it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 supercharged Z06!