Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty question - Diamer Chrysler vs MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Extended Warranty question - Diamer Chrysler vs MB

I'm nearing the end of my first year of ownership of the cls55 and I am interested in purchasing the extended warranty. I did some research here and spoke to Courtesy Motors in Chico, CA and came up with two options for plans. There is the factory Mercedes 7 yr 100k mile warranty and another Daimer/Chrysler warranty for 7 yr 100k. Both have 0 deductible and appear to be close in coverage. I like the idea of the Mercedes warranty since it will be the mercedes dealer servicing my vehicle. However, I was informed of the following differences:

1. MB warranty doesn't cover gaskets whereas DC does.
2. MB warranty doesn't cover Nav (command unit) whereas DC does.
3. MB warranty is about $1200 more expensive than the DC warranty.

It was explained as 'you are paying more for the Mercedes name'.

Is it true that the MB warranty doesn't cover gaskets and command?

I would have thought that the DC would be fine until I read last week that they may sell off Chrysler because it doesn't make business sense to keep it around.

Does anyone have experience/knowledge about these issues? thx.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL500
Had the DC warranty with my 01' E55. Bought it with 74k on the clock. Extended the warranty to 124k. SA at local MB said it was the best he's ever encountered. No problem with any of the claims he filed. Instant payment and no paperwork on my part. I found the same issues of better coverage and better price, plus it was transferable. Wouldn't hesitate a bit to purchase another warranty from them.
Glenn
Old 02-24-2007, 11:44 AM

Dogshine,

I'm a chrysler owner (srt8) and you can't go wrong with the chrysler extended warranty. I'm still in my factory warranty but guys on 300cforums rave about it. I haven't heard one bad thing.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
im also looking into extended warrantys on e55's, but on cpo's. when i was talking to my mb sales guy about buying a cpo e55 and asking him all the warranty questions he said each additional year of starmark/cpo warranty on the e55 was $2400. is this the right price or are they marking that **** up???

you just have to buy the warranty before your original one expires right?

if you dont mind me asking what kind of prices were you quoted on both the mb warranty and dc warranty?
Old 02-24-2007, 11:50 PM

CLS55
well, based on this, i may go with the DC warranty.....

as for prices, pm me and i'll say, but this is on a car thats less than a year old....
Old 03-04-2007, 04:08 PM

2012 JDM
Has anyone had experience with modified e55 and extended warranties? I am contemplating an extended warranty, but if I choose to modify the car (renntech stage 1 or evosport stage 1, etc) will the extended warranty still cover repairs? Are the extended warranties mod friendly???
Old 03-04-2007, 10:31 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Question Timing of Extended Warranty?

Originally Posted by Dogshine
I'm nearing the end of my first year of ownership of the cls55 and I am interested in purchasing the extended warranty. I did some research here and spoke to Courtesy Motors in Chico, CA and came up with two options for plans. There is the factory Mercedes 7 yr 100k mile warranty and another Daimer/Chrysler warranty for 7 yr 100k. Both have 0 deductible and appear to be close in coverage. I like the idea of the Mercedes warranty since it will be the mercedes dealer servicing my vehicle. However, I was informed of the following differences:

1. MB warranty doesn't cover gaskets whereas DC does.
2. MB warranty doesn't cover Nav (command unit) whereas DC does.
3. MB warranty is about $1200 more expensive than the DC warranty.

It was explained as 'you are paying more for the Mercedes name'.

Is it true that the MB warranty doesn't cover gaskets and command?

I would have thought that the DC would be fine until I read last week that they may sell off Chrysler because it doesn't make business sense to keep it around.

Does anyone have experience/knowledge about these issues? thx.
Dogshine: Up to when can you get an extended warranty from either MBZ or DC? I haven't decided on whether I'll keep my 06' E55 and may wait until the end of the lease about 24 months out. Can I wait that long? Thanks in advance for the help!!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by deaguero
Dogshine: Up to when can you get an extended warranty from either MBZ or DC? I haven't decided on whether I'll keep my 06' E55 and may wait until the end of the lease about 24 months out. Can I wait that long? Thanks in advance for the help!!
DC extended warranty you can wait till the very end of your new car warranty.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:29 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs up Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by nyc_srt8
DC extended warranty you can wait till the very end of your new car warranty.
nyc_srt8: Thanks for the reply!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:57 PM

nyc_srt8: Thanks for the reply!!!
no prob
Old 03-05-2007, 11:37 PM

CLS55
From what I understand, you have until the end of the first year.... after which you get a substantial increase in price for each additional year.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dogshine
From what I understand, you have until the end of the first year.... after which you get a substantial increase in price for each additional year.
It maybe different with a benz car, but I'm not sure. I know with my srt8 I can get bumper to bumper extented warranty for the same price until the end of the new car warranty. After that you cannot get the bumper to bumper and the price goes up.