W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kleeman Botched My Ecu

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Kleeman Botched My Ecu

Today I received my ECU back from Kleeman for the K2 reflash after the MB air pump reflash......I start it up and the engine starts jumping around.

I connect my scanner and it reads PO202-cylinder 2.......PO135- 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank1, sensor1.......PO155- 02 sensor heater....
PO302 cylinder2 misfire.......PO413-secondary air injection system valve A ckt open.....PO300-Random misfire

Great....now do I take it to the dealer to see if they can fix it.

THANKS CORY!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by sgtstanko
Today I received my ECU back from Kleeman for the K2 reflash after the MB air pump reflash......I start it up and the engine starts jumping around.

I connect my scanner and it reads PO202-cylinder 2.......PO135- 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank1, sensor1.......PO155- 02 sensor heater....
PO302 cylinder2 misfire.......PO413-secondary air injection system valve A ckt open.....PO300-Random misfire

Great....now do I take it to the dealer to see if they can fix it.

THANKS CORY!!!!!!
thats the only problem with sendin your ECU out, you have to wait to get it to find out its wrong. im sure he will fix no problem but what a headache. livin in the OC you should of went to evosport but thats just my opinion. good luck hope it works out for ya.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:38 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
thats the only problem with sendin your ECU out, you have to wait to get it to find out its wrong. im sure he will fix no problem but what a headache. livin in the OC you should of went to evosport but thats just my opinion. good luck hope it works out for ya.
Thanks man, Im so flippin pissed off I cant see straight!!!!

Im almost tempted to pay someone local!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 E55
Have you tried removing and re-installing the ECU? I had the exact same symptoms and codes that you described. I guess one of the connectors wasn't pushed down firmly enough.

Anyway, just a suggestion before shipping it off again.

-Mattias
Old 03-01-2007, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
check your connections.

yes it may be inconvenient but there's no reason to be that pissed at cory...just send it back and let him get it right. imho, be pissed at mb for f***ing up your tune or at yourself for letting them do it (sorry for being harsh).

with all the controversy surrounding that reflash, i'm not sure why anyone that's been around this forum for a while would let mb load that software.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:37 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
check your connections.

yes it may be inconvenient but there's no reason to be that pissed at cory...just send it back and let him get it right. imho, be pissed at mb for f***ing up your tune or at yourself for letting them do it (sorry for being harsh).

with all the controversy surrounding that reflash, i'm not sure why anyone that's been around this forum for a while would let mb load that software.
I took it in for an oil change and they reflashed it with some other update. I pulled the ecu out and checked the connectors.....disconnected the battery twice...both sides.....man i wanted to drive it tomorrow....Ill pull it again and try one more time......I was trying to save some money and not pay to have Superchips flash it...to see if the TB and pulley made a more significant difference.......Im heading back out to the garage!! .Thanks guys!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
So the first thing you do is slam Cory in here instead of giving him a chance to fix it for you?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:16 AM

S211 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
check your connections.

For sure it's the conections to the ECU as I had the exact same issue. I ended up having the car towed to MB and they found socket 4 not seated properly. It seems pretty common as the plastic carrier clips break.

BTW, bashing Cory isn't right. You'll find that he will do whatever he can to help you through this and has done for every kleemann user posting on this forum.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:19 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by Jrocket
So the first thing you do is slam Cory in here instead of giving him a chance to fix it for you?

Look I appreciate all your comments and experience but I have removed it five (5) more times and reconnected it five (5) times since last night. If I can rebuild a motor and create my own maps I can certainly push a few connectors. Yea.... so.... the first thing I did is slam him.....its the truth......the truth some times hurts. This cant be his first rodeo doing this???? What does that say for their quality control???? I say "BS" on vendors that charge an arm and a leg for their product and it's not right when it gets to the consumer. I wasnt that crazy about their wobbly pulley either, but I sucked it up and installed the $800. ASP......and its straight......and didnt cost 2k.

I dont need to be preached to about being nice to, or kissing some vendors back side.... you'll find that about me .....I call them as I see them !!!!

Last edited by sgtstanko; 03-01-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:22 AM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
If checking the connectors doesn't work, give Cory a call and kindly ask for help. He goes the extra mile for us.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Maybe Cory knows how you are and he's just screwing with you for ****s and giggles.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by Rock
Maybe Cory knows how you are and he's just screwing with you for ****s and giggles.
Sure Rock, Kick him while he's down.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by mstenberg
Have you tried removing and re-installing the ECU? I had the exact same symptoms and codes that you described. I guess one of the connectors wasn't pushed down firmly enough.

Anyway, just a suggestion before shipping it off again.

-Mattias
Ditto. The same thing happened to me with my 300ZX TT.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by Rock
No...... actually he doesnt know me......but we will get to know each other well today!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:21 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by enzom
Ditto. The same thing happened to me with my 300ZX TT.

I'll try it again.....but my fingers are sore from pushing those things down and hearing them snap in place. Powerchip is in Santa Monica......

Last edited by sgtstanko; 03-01-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
I'll try it again.....but my fingers are sore from pushing those things down and hearing them snap in place. Superchips is in Santa Monica......
I can not blame you for getting Pi$$ed. If I can make a suggestion and I do not mean to repeat what others have already suggested but it might not hurt to just give Cory a call and 5 minutes talking to him. Since you paid a lot of money for Kleeman, you could give their customer service a try. Mistakes happen but customer service or follow up after the sale defines the true intent and nature of the vendor. Cory send me an ECU with a missing needed code and that caused my CEL to come on. I was pissed but I called Cory and he took care of the matter. The only down side was taking care of the fed express. Regardless, when your car is finally done right in 1 or 2 days - and I am hoping that Cory can address the problem asap - then you will be thinking back several months from now in your bad a$$ car that you were glad to have given Cory an opportunity to address the problem.

Again, I mean no offense with this post and just my 2 cents to help a fellow board member and from prior experience. I wish you luck.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
One call to Cor and he'll hook you up.

He'll reflash and you'll be back in the Killing Fields of So Cal. (on the street killing people)

Keep us posted.

Last edited by Jakpro1; 03-01-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Woaaah!??
Old 03-01-2007, 01:56 PM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by jcjmw
I can not blame you for getting Pi$$ed. If I can make a suggestion and I do not mean to repeat what others have already suggested but it might not hurt to just give Cory a call and 5 minutes talking to him. Since you paid a lot of money for Kleeman, you could give their customer service a try. Mistakes happen but customer service or follow up after the sale defines the true intent and nature of the vendor. Cory send me an ECU with a missing needed code and that caused my CEL to come on. I was pissed but I called Cory and he took care of the matter. The only down side was taking care of the fed express. Regardless, when your car is finally done right in 1 or 2 days - and I am hoping that Cory can address the problem asap - then you will be thinking back several months from now in your bad a$$ car that you were glad to have given Cory an opportunity to address the problem.

Again, I mean no offense with this post and just my 2 cents to help a fellow board member and from prior experience. I wish you luck.

I agree with you and appreciate your suggestion. I did call him and he told me I had a bent tang......I brought the ECU to work......Im looking right at it and I dont see a bent tang.....

I'll call him again....thanks for the help guys.

At least the SRT8 is running and there is an appointment I have tonight at Irwindale with a brethren ML63.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:21 PM

2004 CL55 AMG
I agree with you and appreciate your suggestion. I did call him and he told me I had a bent tang......I brought the ECU to work......Im looking right at it and I dont see a bent tang.....

I'll call him again....thanks for the help guys.

At least the SRT8 is running and there is an appointment I have tonight at Irwindale with a brethren ML63.

Dude if your in So Cal y didnt you just have powerchip do the work? then u wouldn't have to send your ecu out everytime there is a problem. Kleeman may be good but powerchip is just the same if not better and are in your area! the convenience pays for itself in my opinion. Does your buddy with the ML63 just have the powerchip software installed? ask him his impressions and way your options.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by illrukus187
Dude if your in So Cal y didnt you just have powerchip do the work? then u wouldn't have to send your ecu out everytime there is a problem. Kleeman may be good but powerchip is just the same if not better and are in your area! the convenience pays for itself in my opinion. Does your buddy with the ML63 just have the powerchip software installed? ask him his impressions and way your options.
+1.. Powerchip is the way to go, especially if you're in SoCal and can swing by..
Old 03-01-2007, 05:28 PM

I had the same problem after receiving my ECU from Kleemann.....I looked at it,and everything looked good and snug,but i unplug it and reinstall the ECU,and bingo it works like a charm.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:25 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by jcjmw

Well....you guys were right......as quickly as I pulled the trigger on the machine guns before there unholstered.......just as quickly when an apology is due I pull the trigger as well. The 4th plug was in fact not all the way down in the connection. Hey Im older than most of you...the 20/20 isnt there like it use to be....once the flood light was down in the hole I could see the relation of all the connectors....so Cory I apologize!!!!

Now for the review.....HOLY **** !!!! The K2 tune woke the bitc* up !!!! Night and day difference!! Between the K2 tune, VRUS 80mm TB, ASP pulley this thing is STUPID fast!!! My *** is not calibrated.......but this thing is not the same car...at all....Im sorry but it is just flat *** nasty Fast!!

If I could delete this original post I would........

KLEEMAN

Last edited by sgtstanko; 03-03-2007 at 05:31 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:48 AM

07 S65
Maybe you can edit the title? Maybe next time you give the company that you are working with a chance to help you through your problem before throwing them under the bus. Glad you got your car running and the tune helped. I'm also glad you were able to come on here and clear the air about the problem.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Glad to see you got everything together..

Any dyno #'s coming? I would love to see before/afters.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Kleeman Botched My Ecu