E55 = C6 Z06: What's it take?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooptie
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
i belive he is outta town right now!
i would love to see that race also. should be neck and neck if you launch good, and dont miss a gear. i think the advantage goes to the E55 cuzz there is less chance for error. when you have to deal with launching correct and shifting at the right time and not goin to fast and missin second.
post up some pictures of that bad boy. do you plan any mods?
You are absolutely correct. From a dig, heck, I think he will beat me because the Z06 is such a PITA to launch. Traction is nearly impossible in that car in 1st gear. But, what I am REALLY waiting for is the roll on race where I am able to utilize all my power and really see what the outcome will be once both cars are at full throttle...

The only mod I am doing right now is a callaway shifter, QA1 shocks and the filter that I put in already. The car really is already a handful and a blast to drive the way it is. I also don't want to dump too much $ into it as I want to save some of it for my next car (Gallardo or Corvette SS, haven't decided yet)

Here are some pics of the car, and thanks.

Last edited by Zlicious; 06-10-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by Zlicious
Which I am, and this is why i would like to get a run in with a stage 5 E55, to show what a properly driven Z06 can do. Like I said, who cares if the driver behind the wheel of a Z06 is not competent, if that mattered, then I can beat ANY manual car that has a non-competent driver behind the wheel. What does that prove? nothing!!

As far as those times you posted, that is a direct example of a grandma behind the wheel. 0-124 in 13.6 secs? hehe. Try 0-124 in 11.5 secs instead (This is my first and ONLY pass of the day on the stock rubber, BEFORE the drop in filter)

WOW... That's one bad boy....
Old 06-10-2007, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
nice 11.5 on stock tires! get some slicks for your race with les.
car looks good bro.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:37 PM

Hooptie
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
WOW... That's one bad boy....
Thanks man..

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
nice 11.5 on stock tires! get some slicks for your race with les.
car looks good bro.
Thanks again. I am trying to get a black one since that is the color I really want.

When I run Les, I will be on street tires. The truth is, I am not a drag racer, and I don't like drag racing. It is anyone's game from a dig. I am more interested in the results of a roll on race where I can utilize my power. I hate launching the Z06 and to be honest, I have snapped my half shafts doing it once before. The only reason I ran after I snapped my half shaft is because there was another Z06 at the track that day that could not run better than mid 12's and people got on my case about it, so I had to prove them wrong.. Here is the video. Notice the guy was saying "Lets hope it stays together", and that is because, like I said, a few weeks earlier I snapped the half shaft off the line. This was before I powder coated my rims.

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/ea6de...4e00370948.htm

I will race Les from dig if he wants, it is only fair to do both, but I am pretty sure, even before the race, that he will beat me from a dig in that car given that I can't hook it up on the street for the life of me. I don't want to spend $$ on rims and tires just for one race, especially given that I don't enjoy drag racing in the first place.

Last edited by Zlicious; 06-10-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:42 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Zilicious, Love your car. I have a Stage 5 and would love to run you from a dig, roll or whatever. Not bragging...I just think the C6 Z06 is such a benchmark. I've only run one on the street and the modded one at the track as posted earlier in this thread. Wish I could find more of your type around here. I'm sure they're out there.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Thanks man..

Thanks again. I am trying to get a black one since that is the color I really want.

When I run Les, I will be on street tires. The truth is, I am not a drag racer, and I don't like drag racing. It is anyone's game from a dig. I am more interested in the results of a roll on race where I can utilize my power. I hate launching the Z06 and to be honest, I have snapped my half shafts doing it once before. The only reason I ran after I snapped my half shaft is because there was another Z06 at the track that day that could not run better than mid 12's and people got on my case about it, so I had to prove them wrong.. Here is the video. Notice the guy was saying "Lets hope it stays together", and that is because, like I said, a few weeks earlier I snapped the half shaft off the line. This was before I powder coated my rims.

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/ea6de...4e00370948.htm

I will race Les from dig if he wants, it is only fair to do both, but I am pretty sure, even before the race, that he will beat me from a dig in that car given that I can't hook it up on the street for the life of me. I don't want to spend $$ on rims and tires just for one race, especially given that I don't enjoy drag racing in the first place.
If I lived closer to you I would try it out in a heartbeat. The new Z's are definitely fast it should be a good race against an e55 with several mods.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Amazing car Zlicious!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by rflow306
If I lived closer to you I would try it out in a heartbeat.

LMAO....Ya think!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:45 PM

Hooptie
Thanks so much guys. I wish more people of your type that like to race were around my area. The only person that is like that around here with such cars is Les, and he is barely ever around.

Thanks again all for the kind words. One day I hope to have an AMG and Z06 side by side in the garage.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Zlicious,

Good to see a fellow C6 Z06'r here. Very nice car. I'm just trying to keep some sanity around here, and backup is appreciated. Here's mine:

-m
Old 06-11-2007, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
beautiful Z's guys

Old 06-12-2007, 08:37 AM

grocery getter
Originally Posted by AMG_55
beautiful Z's guys

+1
Old 06-12-2007, 03:08 PM

xx
Originally Posted by Rudyrono
The video was interesting because I didn't think the Z06 should have pulled the Ford GT that hard. I suspect that wasn't an accurate accounting of how both those cars should have run together. Just my 2 cents worth.
I agree 100%. It seems like the Z06 with light mods should still be about dead even with a stock Ford GT. Didn't some mags get 130+ traps out of stock Ford GT's? I'm thinking I recall 132 MPH traps in a Motor Trend test. I don't know what all was done to the Z or why the GT guy couldn't or wouldn't drive but that video doesn't smell right.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:44 AM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Zlicious,

Good to see a fellow C6 Z06'r here. Very nice car. I'm just trying to keep some sanity around here, and backup is appreciated. Here's mine:

-m
I don't think anybody on this forum (or any other) is questioning the acceleration of a C6 Z06...and believe me the cars performance is WELL respected. To find a car that can keep up with one stock vs stock you have to spend more than double the price(maybe a 997 TT..big maybe) but most 55's on this forum are modded, especially the ones who drag. Which brings me to my question. When are you Z guys going to start modding. A simple air intake(vortex raim air by breathless performance and exhaust swap ) and the Z is a 10 sec car.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:17 PM

Hooptie
Thanks guys.

Nice car Marcus..

I will keep you guys updated on the race with the stage V E55. I hope to get it on video for all of you..
Old 06-13-2007, 09:46 PM

grocery getter
Thanks guys.

Nice car Marcus..

I will keep you guys updated on the race with the stage V E55. I hope to get it on video for all of you..
Can I come too? Would love to see that....

I am in your area every so often.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:00 AM

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
Hey bro just got my E back with Renntech stage 5 and my new Renntech 19"s and 20"s with the new Nitto Invo 245 40 ZR 19 ft and 285 30 ZR 20's in the rear....I think that the Z will still win but it should be a good race from 30 or so MPH...after 80mph the Z should pull pretty hard and hopefully we can get it on film....and dont worry Fadi I have a suprise for you if I lose...I will just have to go get the newly modded evo.
I am just waiting on Les's (Evoviiiyou) reply..

I am ready when he is. Should be a great race..

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 06-14-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:00 PM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Hey bro just got my E back with Renntech stage 5 and my new Renntech 19"s and 20"s with the new Nitto Invo 245 40 ZR 19 ft and 285 30 ZR 20's in the rear....I think that the Z will still win but it should be a good race from 30 or so MPH...after 80mph the Z should pull pretty hard and hopefully we can get it on film....and dont worry Fadi I have a suprise for you if I lose...I will just have to go get the newly modded evo.
Could you post some pictures of that wheel combo. I would love to see that setup.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:07 PM

Hooptie
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Haha, I am not going anywhere near that Evo. 800 whp? Have you gone mad?..

I don't have my cell anymore Les, I lost it at work, lol. So, just e-mail me when you want to play. This whole weekend is supposed to be nice. Maybe Friday or Saturday? Let me know man by e-mailing me. I am looking forward to it.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:07 PM

Hooptie
Originally Posted by BTPower
Can I come too? Would love to see that....

I am in your area every so often.
Absolutely. e-mail me at fnadar@aol.com..
Old 06-19-2007, 06:37 PM

Hooptie
I am trying my best guys, but it looks like Les is a little scared of the Zed oh six..
Old 06-19-2007, 07:10 PM

grocery getter
I am trying my best guys, but it looks like Les is a little scared of the Zed oh six..
If you want to take an M5 or 9996tt for a walk let me know....

I will be in your area on Friday.

See ya,
Old 06-19-2007, 07:19 PM

Hooptie
If you want to take an M5 or 9996tt for a walk let me know....

I will be in your area on Friday.

See ya,
Would love to. I am all about having fun.

Can you tell me more about the mods? And where exactly will you be?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:24 PM

grocery getter
Would love to. I am all about having fun.

Can you tell me more about the mods? And where exactly will you be?
Damn, just realized Friday will not work but I am good on July 3rd (Tuesday) in early-afternoon sometime. Maybe Les will be good too? ( I can video tape your runs ) Anyway, I will be in the Flint area at that time so if your around, it would be cool. Regarding mods (on the M5) I have headers, ecu, and pulley. No worries though, you will walk this car without any trouble. I'm just a car guy that likes to see cars in action (on a closed track ofcourse )

Let me know...
Old 06-19-2007, 10:50 PM

Hooptie
Damn, just realized Friday will not work but I am good on July 3rd (Tuesday) in early-afternoon sometime. Maybe Les will be good too? ( I can video tape your runs ) Anyway, I will be in the Flint area at that time so if your around, it would be cool. Regarding mods (on the M5) I have headers, ecu, and pulley. No worries though, you will walk this car without any trouble. I'm just a car guy that likes to see cars in action (on a closed track ofcourse )

Let me know...
Sounds good to me man!! July 3rd will work out well fro me any time since it is shutdown for GM employees. So, make sure to e mail me prior the 3rd and keep me updated. Would love to check out your M5!!

fnadar@aol.com

See ya soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 = C6 Z06: What's it take?