Video: Mercedes E55 AMG Kompressor vs BMW Alpina B5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Gustav
And yes, I also planned the weather to be 30+ degrees celsius so everything non NA enignes would have a tough time

Do you get paid by BMW?
Old 06-21-2007, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I have a very hard time believing that an M6 with 60 more hp beats out a blown Viper. So a stock M6 should be pretty close as well?

I am getting the new M3 when it comes out. Since the engine is based off of the M5/M6 engine, with headers exhaust intake and tune this new M3 should be a real beast, I'm excited. Gustav, do the M motors respond well to NOS? what kind of shot? If I can get the M3 up to 460hp or so with boltons and tune and put a 100 shot in it'd be a real badboy lol

Gustav, for the M6 how about the CLK63 Coupe? Sounds like a perfect matchup...too bad it wasn't there, I think it'd have a very good chance at running with the almighty invincible M6 lol.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Do you get paid by BMW?
BMW does provide him with cars, with the full knowledge of what he's doing with them. I doubt that they do this out of the goodness of their hearts, and clearly see a marketing benefit from these videos. I give BMW credit here: this is virtually free advertising, delivered on a silver platter to the target demographic. It is very clever marketing. BMW has been far more effective than Mercedes/AMG at recognizing the benefits of Internet marketing.

And to anyone actually gullible enough to think otherwise, try the following: ring up BMW of North America (or whatever country you're in), and ask them to lend you an M5 and an M6 so that you can take it to an airfield and do some high speed runs.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:18 PM

See the last post on the Viper vs M6 thread regarding you "brake light" theory
Old 06-21-2007, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Wow, all these insecure trolls crawling out of the woodworks. So funny how insecure people go out of their way to justify the cars they own to people they've never even met.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:23 PM

2008 E63
This video is the most ridiculous thing Gustav has ever posted! Then to top it off explaining the brake lights as a reflection...classic.

Thanks Gustav for proving once and for all that your videos are for "promotional" purposes only! People with limited brain function can only be asked to believe so much.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:28 PM

Did you see the high res screenshots?

Originally Posted by AMGcrazy
This video is the most ridiculous thing Gustav has ever posted! Then to top it off explaining the brake lights as a reflection...classic.

Thanks Gustav for proving once and for all that your videos are for "promotional" purposes only! People with limited brain function can only be asked to believe so much.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
holy shiit! sorry guys you know im no troll but i will agree that thoes were not brake lights. i paused it when the light came on and it was just that one spot the other brake lights were not on!
this is the way i see it all his races the M wins all of the videos i see around here the AMG wins so lets just leave this fruit loop alone let him post his videos and at least see some nice cars.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:08 PM

2008 E63
Sure did and it's a shame you didn't have a nice hi-res shot of the back of the viper so you could see the reflection happen in the right tail light as well!

Oh yeah, the geometric pattern of the viper tail light is specifically suited for the reflection phenomenon and the global positioning of the sun was just perfect at that moment which describes why none of the other cars that day had a "reflection."

You faked the race and you know it. Stop trying to get us to believe you and stop posting videos on this board because they have no credibility now. This is one you should have kept to your own board because posting something so hilarious over here just shows how far you will go to put the BMW's in a good light.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
See the last post on the Viper vs M6 thread regarding you "brake light" theory

Did you see the high res screenshots?
Gee Gustav, could you please point out the position of the sun based on the shawdows in your thumbnails and explain in easy understood english, technical references allowed, how the so called reflection changed but the shadow virtually remained the same.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:07 PM

Wow, you really are crazy

Sure did and it's a shame you didn't have a nice hi-res shot of the back of the viper so you could see the reflection happen in the right tail light as well!

Oh yeah, the geometric pattern of the viper tail light is specifically suited for the reflection phenomenon and the global positioning of the sun was just perfect at that moment which describes why none of the other cars that day had a "reflection."

You faked the race and you know it. Stop trying to get us to believe you and stop posting videos on this board because they have no credibility now. This is one you should have kept to your own board because posting something so hilarious over here just shows how far you will go to put the BMW's in a good light.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:08 PM

I ahd high hopes about you, but you as well think it is a brake light

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Gee Gustav, could you please point out the position of the sun based on the shawdows in your thumbnails and explain in easy understood english, technical references allowed, how the so called reflection changed but the shadow virtually remained the same.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:17 PM

2008 E63
Don't have to be crazy to know when I see it.

How about answering either of the questions you were asked? Can't?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:24 PM

BMW M6

The race was not faked. I spoke with the Viper before the race and he had said that he was having problems getting his car into 3rd gear I believe. He stated that the torque was so high that he was FORCED to wait for the engine to settle to get it into gear. It might be one of the reasons why he lost, but I can't say for sure. I didn't see him after the end of the day.

As far as the 'reflections' were concerned--it makes sense if you look at the close-up pictures of the tail. The corners on the tail are reflectors (you can clearly see it in a more detailed photo), and the reflection appeared at the same angle of the camera to the car. If he braked during the first reflection, he wouldn't still be accelerating...

Yes, I am sticking up for Gustav, because I was there. My car was a lot faster than I suspected it would be. The guys at Kelleners said my car gain 57 rwhp after my tune. Germans are not all fancy when it comes to dyno testing cars. They do a baseline and then a post-tune just to get the gains. They really don't care much about the accuracy of the baseline. When they did my baseline, the car was inserted with a generic 20% drivetrain loss which is a bit liberal I think. They made the baseline numbers match advertised HP (500) and then went for the tune. I really cannot tell you what my car's HP is for sure, but I am getting the feeling it's more than Kelleners claimed 557 ps.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Almost a Member!

This is just all ridiculous. Why even get upset with this guy?

The "walking" that some of these cars do only happens with HUGE power discrepancies between vehicles or HUGE weight discrepancies (aerodynamics aside). Neither exist, and the gearing differences aren't enough to prove it. Maybe Europe gets neutered Vipers like the US gets neutered BMW's (they claim).

Gustav is an obvious shill! The guy has posted video's of Carrera GT's running 5 second 0-60's. Let's all be honest and know that Gustav has something to prove. Otherwise we could take some 8 second supra or twin turbo viper that will clear the 1/4 faster than his BMW can get into their "torque range", and still be less than a stock M5 in price. Interestingly he doesn't even get stomped from a stop in his claims from AWD sportscars which are equally as fast at speed. IMPOSSIBLE.

And lastly.. if he wasn't a shill.. he'd have a tuner like Dahlback also in Sweeden field some cars. Send over some AWD cars which run sub 3 second 0-60's and 10 second 1/4 miles.

We can all agree finally.. that even in Europe, it's not like all the high speed pulls (120+) are all that common. Frankly they're common nowhere, except an airfield. BMW's except for the 335 still lack what makes quick around town and fun to drive, TORQUE.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Gustav,

youll be here in a month or so Ill take anything that you can pull out of the garage in the DC area, anytime...oh yeah this 600 doesnt have "tuning issues"
Old 06-21-2007, 02:33 PM

Dahlbäck have been emailed and invited.

Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies
This is just all ridiculous. Why even get upset with this guy?

The "walking" that some of these cars do only happens with HUGE power discrepancies between vehicles or HUGE weight discrepancies (aerodynamics aside). Neither exist, and the gearing differences aren't enough to prove it. Maybe Europe gets neutered Vipers like the US gets neutered BMW's (they claim).

Gustav is an obvious shill! The guy has posted video's of Carrera GT's running 5 second 0-60's. Let's all be honest and know that Gustav has something to prove. Otherwise we could take some 8 second supra or twin turbo viper that will clear the 1/4 faster than his BMW can get into their "torque range", and still be less than a stock M5 in price. Interestingly he doesn't even get stomped from a stop in his claims from AWD sportscars which are equally as fast at speed. IMPOSSIBLE.

And lastly.. if he wasn't a shill.. he'd have a tuner like Dahlback also in Sweeden field some cars. Send over some AWD cars which run sub 3 second 0-60's and 10 second 1/4 miles.

We can all agree finally.. that even in Europe, it's not like all the high speed pulls (120+) are all that common. Frankly they're common nowhere, except an airfield. BMW's except for the 335 still lack what makes quick around town and fun to drive, TORQUE.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:36 PM

Talking

I would love to drive it! Or any AMG also I will floor it

Originally Posted by E55JAY
Gustav,

youll be here in a month or so Ill take anything that you can pull out of the garage in the DC area, anytime...oh yeah this 600 doesnt have "tuning issues"
Old 06-21-2007, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
meaning you get one of your zippy lil m cars and me in my "fat and heavy" cl600
Old 06-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I ahd high hopes about you, but you as well think it is a brake light
Wish I could return the favor but have you even looked at your thumbnails. I mean really looked. Too bad you don't have a timestamp on each of those pics otherwise you'd know what I'm talking about. If they are HD then they are only milliseconds apart but yet the "reflection" changes from pic to pic.
Isn't that curious?

@RussRamz

Vielen Dank fuer Ihre Ehrlichkeit. Wenigstens haben wir jetzt eine gute Ahnung was wirklich vorgefallen ist. Anstatt jemand anderes zu glauben der uns weis machen will das alle Autos tip top waren.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Gustav,

I've already extended the offer on his thread and have yet to get a reply. None of his M boys will step up off the airstrip. And the only ones that will accept a challenge are thousands of miles away (probably knowing that the race will not happen because of the distance). I cant wait til he comes here. You want to roll up to their gathering and see if theres anyone up for a challenge? I'll get it all on video too.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Gustav - Have you ever driven an E55? Not sure of your schedule. But I'd be happy to meet you at the dragstrip and let you have a go, so you can see how the other half lives.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Well im not going to DRIVE to the USA

meaning you get one of your zippy lil m cars and me in my "fat and heavy" cl600
Old 06-21-2007, 04:11 PM

I would love to drive it but please on the road

Originally Posted by enzom
Gustav - Have you ever driven an E55? Not sure of your schedule. But I'd be happy to meet you at the dragstrip and let you have a go, so you can see how the other half lives.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Well im not going to DRIVE to the USA
No but you will have a gathering of M's in the US, i'm sure at least one of them would like to step up and prove your videos true.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Mercedes E55 AMG Kompressor vs BMW Alpina B5