Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by Gustav
Well im not going to DRIVE to the USA
you know what i meant, u wonder why no one wants to take you seriously here its because of replies like this. Dont worry our little video wont hurt your DVD sales, you have plenty of time to procure a fast M car between now and then.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did race a E55 with my SL..from a dig the E55 is slightly faster and then they are equal all the way but from rolling starts we were equal all the way to 200 km/h then my SL55 was ahead,maybe thats due to my ecu tune .Anyways..I Found a race between a SL55 and the outdated M3, so why is there fuss about the loss against the Alpina B5.

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th1rYrv-oXY
Old 06-21-2007, 11:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05E55
OT but check out how the Ruf handed the Supra it **** (it also beat the CGT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql7pN2dHxT8

Ruf Ruf baby!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Hmmm how about this race w/S55 NO 65, NO 600, I said S55 w/kompressor vs E60 M5, looks like the M5 isn't beating him
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sLjkLpFFRLM

Then how 'bout this E60 M5 vs an obvious Ferrari 360 Spider convertible, mislabled as a lighter Modena 360, they look pretty damned even in the last (2) races, and they are high 12 second 1/4 milers at best!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=trJGbtYuSF0

No way in hell the M5 is beating the E55k

Last edited by Thericker; 06-22-2007 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by RussRamz
The race was not faked. I spoke with the Viper before the race and he had said that he was having problems getting his car into 3rd gear I believe. He stated that the torque was so high that he was FORCED to wait for the engine to settle to get it into gear. It might be one of the reasons why he lost, but I can't say for sure. I didn't see him after the end of the day.
Russ - You have a very fast M6. Congrats and you deserve "mad props", as kids today still say (I think).

Seems to me, though, putting the reflector vs. brake light issue aside, if you need to let your RPM's drop between shifts, you may as well not bother racing. That loss of momentum is a killer. I know that the problem was his, but why did it take so long (hundreds of posts on at least 2 boards) for this important detail to emerge?? And I don't think I am being dramatic when I say it is important.

It is because of things like this that so many people on different car boards have a hard time with Gustav. I look at these things objectively and with an open mind, as they are just cars. And I don't get all tangled up in these silly arguments. But when someone posts vids and is lightening quick in posting reasons why an M car didn't perform well, you have an expectation that the same person should also disclose a MAJOR handicap on the other car. By any definition, having to wait for your rpm's to drop in a race like this is a MAJOR handicap. And he should have disclosed that. By failing to do so (and thank YOU for sharing this detail), he comes across like someone who is more interested in selling his DVDs than anything else.

And when you do not have credibility, everything you say is viewed with appropriate skepticism. That's unfortunate.

Again - congrats on your very impressive M6, and thanks for telling us what others apparently did not want us to know. That's honorable on your part.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by enzom
Russ - You have a very fast M6. Congrats and you deserve "mad props", as kids today still say (I think).

Seems to me, though, putting the reflector vs. brake light issue aside, if you need to let your RPM's drop between shifts, you may as well not bother racing. That loss of momentum is a killer. I know that the problem was his, but why did it take so long (hundreds of posts on at least 2 boards) for this important detail to emerge?? And I don't think I am being dramatic when I say it is important.

It is because of things like this that so many people on different car boards have a hard time with Gustav. I look at these things objectively and with an open mind, as they are just cars. And I don't get all tangled up in these silly arguments. But when someone posts vids and is lightening quick in posting reasons why an M car didn't perform well, you have an expectation that the same person should also disclose a MAJOR handicap on the other car. By any definition, having to wait for your rpm's to drop in a race like this is a MAJOR handicap. And he should have disclosed that. By failing to do so (and thank YOU for sharing this detail), he comes across like someone who is more interested in selling his DVDs than anything else.

And when you do not have credibility, everything you say is viewed with appropriate skepticism. That's unfortunate.

Again - congrats on your very impressive M6, and thanks for telling us what others apparently did not want us to know. That's honorable on your part.
my EXACT sentiments +1
Old 06-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by E55JAY
my EXACT sentiments +1
+2
Old 06-22-2007, 11:39 AM
KRS

Soon2BMB
Maybe the BE CLK is what's needed to outperform the M

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..3.*

I think this says it best:

The Easy Choice
Bottom line: The Benz wins this test, but not just because it's quicker and handles better. Nope. When you're talking about laying down this much cash, there's more to it than performance. For this kind of green we want something special. We want attitude to go with the speed, sound to go with the looks and exclusivity to justify the cost of entry.

The CLK63 AMG does it all. And it does it in a way the haughty, if capable, M6 cannot, with fat fender flares, bad attitude and plenty of brawn to back up its trash talk.

Last edited by KRS; 06-22-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:47 PM

2008 E63
12.8 for the mighty M6!!!! Say it ain't so Gustav!!! He must have been in the wrong gear!!! Must have been a US model!!! I bet the M6 would have beat it from a 150MPH roll though!!! Oh yeah and wait for the twisties....Oops Benz smackdown again!

Great article with real world results. Refreshing after the last few days.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:32 PM
M&M

Enzom, I doubt anyone would know what's going on inside the cockpit of the Viper besides the owner. He obviously spoke with Russ & after the race & gave his side of the story. But how would anyone else know?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by M&M
Enzom, I doubt anyone would know what's going on inside the cockpit of the Viper besides the owner. He obviously spoke with Russ & after the race & gave his side of the story. But how would anyone else know?

How do you know when they spoke? What is so obvious? It looks to me from Russramz's post that they did not speak after the race.

Somebody else knew - he posted on M5board.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:22 PM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by enzom
How do you know when they spoke? What is so obvious? It looks to me from Russramz's post that they did not speak after the race.

Somebody else knew - he posted on M5board.
We didn't speak after the race. We spoke the day of the race while we were admiring each other's car. I didn't mention this because I was hoping he would tell his side of the story himself, but apparently he isn't aware of this ongoing discussion. I can only assume that was the problem. I felt the the gap was extrordinarily large, but then again I believe a tuned Z06 would do pretty well against a Viper. I believe that drag was more of a factor than the gear changes. I even suggested he might get different engine mounts or additional support to try and solve his problem. I honestly thought he was going to kill me in the race and was surprised that he gave up so quick. I didn't pull 1/8 of a mile on him because he was giving it all he had. At some point he saw that he wasn't going to win and just gave up. I think...

One more thing...

I know many of you on this forum think Gustav's events are staged. I don't how much I can stress that THEY ARE NOT. There were a lot of cars and three times the number of people. We all had some pre-arranged races and those were completed before lunch. Gustav had a colegue helping him with the video while he arranged each race. Frankly I thought being a "special" guest, I might get some additional attention, but I didn't. I spoke with Gustav a total of maybe ten minutes and he never once influenced me to do anything other than to go fast. I am confident that the only people to receive 'extra attention' were the three scantily clad, tall Scandanavian bronzed babes he had stashed in his room (a little exageration)...

I did not mention the conversation to Gustav about my conversation with the Viper guy. Frankly, there wasn't time to discuss it, but I will tell you that for each race, I will not hide and pre and post race discussions.

I didn't speak with the Carrera GT owner at all--just so you know. I don't mind being in hostile territory because at heart I know we all have a core interest of fast cars and that's what brings us together.

Last edited by RussRamz; 06-22-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Thumbs up

We didn't speak after the race. We spoke the day of the race while we were admiring each other's car. I didn't mention this because I was hoping he would tell his side of the story himself, but apparently he isn't aware of this ongoing discussion. I can only assume that was the problem. I felt the the gap was extrordinarily large, but then again I believe a tuned Z06 would do pretty well against a Viper. I believe that drag was more of a factor than the gear changes. I even suggested he might get different engine mounts or additional support to try and solve his problem. I honestly thought he was going to kill me in the race and was surprised that he gave up so quick. I didn't pull 1/8 of a mile on him because he was giving it all he had. At some point he saw that he wasn't going to win and just gave up. I think...

Russ,

I LOVE YOUR VIDEOS...and I respect even more your attempting to clear the air here. Your car is incredible and hats off to you and your camera work. There is always more to the videos and it id great that you choose to share your perspective in a seemingly hostile environ!! WELCOME
Old 06-22-2007, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Your Car Is One FAST M6....

+1,000,000

I appreciate the fact that you're posting here and clarifying things objectively...
Old 06-23-2007, 01:55 PM

2004 S55 AMG
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VD6JLC7zEAw

That S55(heavier) much be stage 25!!!!then to pull on the M6
Old 06-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Shaun
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VD6JLC7zEAw

That S55(heavier) much be stage 25!!!!then to pull on the M6
Post it on M6board!!! Gustav may have a heart attack
Old 06-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
He'll just delete it. Or he'll whine about it saying something about the MB cheating, the BMW missed a gear, etc. I believe that there is an excuse thread on this forum as well as his forum why BMWs loose to MBs at times.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55

One more thing...

I know many of you on this forum think Gustav's events are staged. I don't how much I can stress that THEY ARE NOT. There were a lot of cars and three times the number of people. We all had some pre-arranged races and those were completed before lunch. Gustav had a colegue helping him with the video while he arranged each race. Frankly I thought being a "special" guest, I might get some additional attention, but I didn't. I spoke with Gustav a total of maybe ten minutes and he never once influenced me to do anything other than to go fast. I am confident that the only people to receive 'extra attention' were the three scantily clad, tall Scandanavian bronzed babes he had stashed in his room (a little exageration)...

I did not mention the conversation to Gustav about my conversation with the Viper guy. Frankly, there wasn't time to discuss it, but I will tell you that for each race, I will not hide and pre and post race discussions.

I didn't speak with the Carrera GT owner at all--just so you know. I don't mind being in hostile territory because at heart I know we all have a core interest of fast cars and that's what brings us together.
In the mere 4 post's you have made on this forum,I think its safe to say you have earned more credibility than gustav has or will ever have done.Enjoy your M car,they are truely awesome machines.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by Jrocket
In the mere 4 post's you have made on this forum,I think its safe to say you have earned more credibility than gustav has or will ever have done.Enjoy your M car,they are truely awesome machines.
I totally agree.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by rflow306
I totally agree.
+2

welcome
Old 06-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
He'll just delete it. Or he'll whine about it saying something about the MB cheating, the BMW missed a gear, etc. I believe that there is an excuse thread on this forum as well as his forum why BMWs loose to MBs at times.

So why is he permitted to post links here selling his DVD's?

The Youtube vids tell you exactly how to give him your money. This is allowed?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
+1,000,000

I appreciate the fact that you're posting here and clarifying things objectively...
I already sang Russramz' praises here. But I'll give a +1 on this anyway.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:37 PM

Thanks for chimimng in Russ!

As stated on m5board as well I did not know the Viper had issues, but it is stated by member BPUad, which is good. I have not withoheld any information and if I wanted to BPUad would just be banned, right?

PS: Russ, the blondes sends their regards DS.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Gustav
Thanks for chimimng in Russ!

As stated on m5board as well I did not know the Viper had issues, but it is stated by member BPUad, which is good. I have not withoheld any information and if I wanted to BPUad would just be banned, right?

PS: Russ, the blondes sends their regards DS.
Like you banned me for laughing at a joke about you?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:54 PM

Kess banned you but yes several posts of you have been deleted because you are simply rude, confrontational and generally unfriendly.

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Like you banned me for laughing at a joke about you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Mercedes E55 AMG Kompressor vs BMW Alpina B5