Old 06-19-2007, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
EuroElites | VRP Phenolic Spacers

Hello guys,

Here's the picture of VRP latest product which is now available

EuroElites price: $289 including freight

The kit includes a pair of phenolic spacers, 4 gaskets, 10 ARP bolts, 10 washers

Payment can be made via paypal. (admin@euroelitesonline.com)

**Please mention VRP phenolic spacers, your shipping address, and phone number when completing the paypal transaction.**

**Please do remember that the supercharger has to be removed for installation of the VRP phenolic spacers. (good time for this is the installation of heads or throttlebody)**
Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
What grade of Phenolic are these made of?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:22 PM

SLK32
Got to ask (even though they will not fit my car) how do these compare to the Evo offering? Besides the ARP bolts what is the difference?

Not supporting or bashing one product or the other (I have no vested interested in either one) just curious about the offerings.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
I asked for the best, so I am assuming it is.. I passed along this question to the manufacturer.. I'll wait for him to reply and let you know..

Originally Posted by suicidal4life
No sweat.. They are actually NOT competing products.. Evosport's phenolic spacers are a GREAT product and I recommend them to everyone I talk to (alot of people here will tell you that).

Both of these products (mine & Evosports) tackle 2 different problems. Evosport's kit is engineered to be quickly installed so that everyone who owns a car can purchase them and install them without too much hassle (30min - 1hr). They DO WORK and make a big difference in temp of the surge tanks.. That's why I had them in my car.

I created mine because if the motor is going to be taken apart such as when doing a TB upgrade, the best way to tackle the heat transfer problem is at intake ports to the heads. This separates the bottom half of the engine from the top half.

I explained a bit of this in these 2 posts:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....3&postcount=70

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....9&postcount=81

You also have to remember that when Evosport created their product, not alot of people were sporting 80mm TB upgrades so there wasn't too big of a market of people who were going to pull half their motor apart to install something as simple as phenolic spacers.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by 430
Got to ask (even though they will not fit my car) how do these compare to the Evo offering? Besides the ARP bolts what is the difference?

Not supporting or bashing one product or the other (I have no vested interested in either one) just curious about the offerings.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:11 PM

E63 biturbo
Hi Adam, sent you a PM regarding I/C mods. Cheers
Old 06-20-2007, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by Jspeed
Hi Adam, sent you a PM regarding I/C mods. Cheers
KC,

Replied

Cheers,

Adam
Old 06-20-2007, 09:12 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by 430

These would fit your car except maybe the bolt length, but that may be the same too. They would fit between the intake manifold and the cylinder head. These are the same type parts that PTE was selling in the CLK55 forum.
Evosports kit wouldn't fit your car because your car doesn't have surge tanks to install them under.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:50 PM

06 E55 SOLD, 89 300 SE 375,000 miles
Originally Posted by suicidal4life
Let me try to chime in on this. Most likely it is Nema grade L/LE per Mil-I-24768. The linen reinforced Phenolic is best suited for these type of applications.
But dont quote me on it.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Will these conflict with the EVO ones between the SC and Surge tanks?

Meaning can I have both on without fitment problems? ie: SC/surge tanks too close to the hood...
Old 06-20-2007, 06:18 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Phenolic Material

mbamg06e55 is correct on the spec. also lowest moisture absorption, good to a Hi Temp 400+F
Old 06-20-2007, 06:26 PM

All of them!
Originally Posted by phatmitzu
Will these conflict with the EVO ones between the SC and Surge tanks?

Meaning can I have both on without fitment problems? ie: SC/surge tanks too close to the hood...
The ones for the surge tank being of a increased thickness will cause a slight misalignment of the connection between the surge tanks and intercooler outlets at the rear of the engine. A thicker one at the heads raises the blower, tanks, injectors and all. You may need a longer blower belt if you have a very tight belt setup as with the asp pulley.
The air cleaners may be tilted because the mount on the valve covers as well, but you could space them up to fix as needed.