W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Thre are instructions posted on the net by Victor......i will try to find it for you. BTW, I am having my mechanic follow your instructions and purchases for the OIL CATCH CAN procedure install. do you have any changes to it since you have written. Thanks for your significant contributions to the board.

Roland

http://69.17.158.20/vrus/e55/extreme...nProcedure.doc
Old 08-01-2007, 11:57 AM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Thanks Roland. The link you posted isn't working for me, can double check it?

The catch can is working perfectly with no trouble at all. Nothing has changed about the install since I posted. If you have any questions on it let me know.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:41 PM

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
21 G63, 21 GLS580, 16 GTS Ed. 1
Sorry no dyno yet. I had to drop my car off to the dealer because o a transmission module failure. I'll dyno when I get her back.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Venom-AMG
Sorry no dyno yet. I had to drop my car off to the dealer because o a transmission module failure. I'll dyno when I get her back.
you probably had tranny failure do to all the new boost.lol. good luck on that.
did your belt slip off at all? or was it right the first time?

hopefully my guys get the belt on today and to the dyno tonight, we will see.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:13 PM

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
21 G63, 21 GLS580, 16 GTS Ed. 1
my car was shifting funny last month but I didn't take her in because I had appointments to get modds installed. I have driven the car about 75miles after the belt wrap and no slip. Like I stated earlier, after I got the car back it felt like the supercharger was always engaged. No lost of power.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
If cant wait anymore...someone POST a DYNO pls...and pls measure the boost before after intsalltion of wrap kit...
Old 08-02-2007, 11:19 PM

04 E55
Well guys, I got my car dyno'd last night, but the results aren't exactly what everyone has been looking and waiting for. For some reason, I LOST about 30rwhp with only the VRP belt wrap kit. My A/F ratios went even farther off the rich side of the scale than they were before.

At this point, it appears that my car has some other, pre-existing issues that are causing this condition, so there's no way that these results can be taken as a true representation of the parts I've installed. We are still running the Renntech tuning that was designed for headers and pulley, even though we have FAR eclipsed those mods. We're going to start from scratch and troubleshoot the car starting with the basics like a leakdown test, basic tuneup and sensor checks. At the same time, I'm desperately trying to find a source to write a custom tune for the car to see if we can cure some of these issues.

I'm sorry I couldn't report some great success, but it appears my car is determined not to cooperate. I'm sure once I get my issues sorted out, I'll be able to report back with much better news. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by GTA23109a
Well guys, I got my car dyno'd last night, but the results aren't exactly what everyone has been looking and waiting for. For some reason, I LOST about 30rwhp with only the VRP belt wrap kit. My A/F ratios went even farther off the rich side of the scale than they were before.

At this point, it appears that my car has some other, pre-existing issues that are causing this condition, so there's no way that these results can be taken as a true representation of the parts I've installed. We are still running the Renntech tuning that was designed for headers and pulley, even though we have FAR eclipsed those mods. We're going to start from scratch and troubleshoot the car starting with the basics like a leakdown test, basic tuneup and sensor checks. At the same time, I'm desperately trying to find a source to write a custom tune for the car to see if we can cure some of these issues.

I'm sorry I couldn't report some great success, but it appears my car is determined not to cooperate. I'm sure once I get my issues sorted out, I'll be able to report back with much better news. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
just curious...when was the first dyno that you're comparing to? has there been time between it and the post dyno for something else to go wrong or do you think this has anything to do with the wrap kit?
Old 08-02-2007, 11:54 PM
dsc

2004 E55
It sucks when you expect to see an increase and you get a decrese. I hope you get it figured out. Is there any possibilty you have a torque limiter. When that reflash hit me I was pushing for more hp it really showed up when I hit a certain point, BAM, I took a drastic dive in hp.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:08 AM

04 E55
Right now, the car is running SO RICH, that I have to assume there is either a sensor or tune issue. I can't see how the belt wrap kit could be responsible for any of that. As far as the torque limiting issue, I wouldn't think it would have an effect on the A/F ratio. Whatever it is, it seems to get worse the more air we feed the car.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:27 AM

06 E55, 03FORD P/S,01 E320-4M,99 ML320,O4 E55,05 RUBICON UNLIMITED,
installed my d-wrap kit on sat. evosport pulley and 56" belt= one burnt up belt. i had to keep the 54" belt and make a custom(quick) bracket to mate the manual tensioner to the a/t tensioner mounting point. went out and drove veichle today and i'm really impressed.i don't know if it's because of the extra boost from the pulley but the car really pulls now. i have never done a dyno and i'm gonna try and take the car out to the track pretty soon. but back to the d-wrap, the 56" belt would slip badly even w/ the manual tensioner all the tight. the 54" belt doesn't allow the tensioner to ride as low as it should,in my case, but the kit should work for most applications with a little modifying here or there w/ diff pulley sizes.
Attached Thumbnails *** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***-100_0843.jpg   *** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***-100_0844.jpg   *** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***-100_0847.jpg   *** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***-100_0846.jpg  
Old 08-03-2007, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
I assume there are no sensors on the idler pulley etc thats throwing things off now ?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 AM
dsc

2004 E55
Steve, what the heck is that Avatar man! It freaks me out every time I see it.
I know, I know
Old 08-03-2007, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Hmmm...Those things make ME worried...I dont want or cant afford (I am too far away) to any probs once my kit arrives and rightnow I dont see one person who havent had any probs with intsallation and making this kit work...

It depressing since here not one would be able to help ME nor I would be able to find right belt if there is any issues...

Victor have actually runned that kit on your car, did you try to intsall everything with ASP pullies ??? What is the situation right NOW ???
Old 08-04-2007, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Hmmm...Those things make ME worried...I dont want or cant afford (I am too far away) to any probs once my kit arrives and rightnow I dont see one person who havent had any probs with intsallation and making this kit work...

It depressing since here not one would be able to help ME nor I would be able to find right belt if there is any issues...

Victor have actually runned that kit on your car, did you try to intsall everything with ASP pullies ??? What is the situation right NOW ???
Bump..............

Any Updates anyone????

Roland
Old 08-04-2007, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Old 08-04-2007, 02:33 PM
kip

E55
Hi E55 RUSS! Sorry to be off topic, but... Just wondered where is the E55 video you said you would post a while ago??

This one:

press on the link near the picture...The police is very angy with Streetracers now...they keep braking Moscow ring speed records...

I will post some vids of my freind E55 drifting later in city center later and then pics after he crashed...

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/200497-has-any-one-seen-russian-street-race.html
Old 08-04-2007, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
I think I posted...in other topic...
Old 08-05-2007, 08:23 AM
kip

E55
I think I posted...in other topic...
Wasnt on any topic when I searched...
Old 08-05-2007, 12:04 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
PTE's take on Extreme Belt Wrap Kit (DQR)

Well lets dispell some myths , with some good old common knowledge. I'm going to keep it simple. I look at add on kits , as a fix to a known issue. Belt slip. Admitted by AMG TECH aka (Clouser Hoser) from the little black forest outside of Stuggart.

Ok what is DQR Durability , Quality & Reliability.

This Motor design has exceptional crankshaft main bearing Support. 4 cap screws vertical into the mainbearing cap , 1 screw on each side of the Crankcase = 2 more . total of 6 mainbearingcap attachment screws. BTW a screw is a screw , until it has a nut on it , then it becomes a BOLT Just look at Finny's engine pics. 1st attachment.

If you are worried about the additional side load on the engines front main bearing , Don't be. I would say that the load would be the same or less. Why ? with the additional contact of patch area , you would need less belt tension to maintain proper belt adhesion and keep slip to a minimum. The same goes for the Kompressor Clutch & belt wrap. Besides that! you got the engine accessory drive belt. Alt , A/C , P/S & water pump pulling the otherway. It has a wrap , routing ,you damn near need a GPS to get all its locations right .

Why does it have an additional add on barrel type tensioner , stop gap assurance for those really oversize crank pulleys that Make much more the stock Kompressor PSI.

Is there a down side to this kit. Well the belt idler pulley in between the Crank Pulley & the Kompressor pulley . It is taking the load. BUT. it is made of 6061-t6 billet alum stock, That is very good ( About the best) and its bearing is sized to handle twice the capacity of the stock belt tensioner pulley. I believe they got it covered !

Quality: Any Time some one uses 6060-t6 heat treated alum , Thats a good sign . Thats shown in the pulleys , & bushings. along with the brackets & pulley support Struts/ bars. As for the attachment hardware, I would have perferred the use of Hi Carbon steel,with black oxide coating. (Cheaper & very strong Grade 8) rolled threads , instead of Cut threads or 17-4 HT S.S. (very expensive). They did the right application on the Double polyvee idler pullies. That is a critical load & stress attachment point. The other 2 screws look to be off the shelf 305 S.S. Which can Move. if not locktited properly. My Guess is that they are not as critical, Odering matching hi-carbon steel bolts from Halo-Allen was cost prohibitive.

Reliability : The above all adds up to a very good solution to a MB design that would only satisfy 80% of its customers. The other 20% (Thats us) we have a good fix for our needs. I give it a 2 thumbs up! gotta go my meds are running low ___PTE___
Attached Thumbnails *** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***-55upgrade-20-20436-medium-.jpg  
Old 08-05-2007, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Everything sounds good...I cant wait to install my kit along with TB but what worries ME is the BELT SIZE...Lots of people have issues...Some use 54 and say 56 will be slipping, other say 56 is what you need I need to get all belt btw 54 and 56 so I want have any disapontment when installing this kit, cuase I wont find a right belt here for sure
Old 08-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
PTE, nice post!! Thanks for that information.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:45 AM

Bump...........

Updates anyone???????????
Old 08-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Don,

Can you do some datalogging and capture boost, IAT and ignition advance.. Lets make sure the ECU isnt pulling a fast one on you.

Originally Posted by GTA23109a

Hey Scott,

Glad you got it all figured out.. I would like to get some more feedback on the burnt belt issue.. are you saying the 56" gave too much slack and was causing it to slip and burn up?

I am trying to figure out what problem your custom bracket solved... Was the Aux tensioner bracket a problem to install or did it not line up or something?

Would appreciate your feedback on this.

Originally Posted by MBTEK
installed my d-wrap kit on sat. evosport pulley and 56" belt= one burnt up belt. i had to keep the 54" belt and make a custom(quick) bracket to mate the manual tensioner to the a/t tensioner mounting point. went out and drove veichle today and i'm really impressed.i don't know if it's because of the extra boost from the pulley but the car really pulls now. i have never done a dyno and i'm gonna try and take the car out to the track pretty soon. but back to the d-wrap, the 56" belt would slip badly even w/ the manual tensioner all the tight. the 54" belt doesn't allow the tensioner to ride as low as it should,in my case, but the kit should work for most applications with a little modifying here or there w/ diff pulley sizes.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
So no one knows for 100% which belt will work without any probs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***