Sponsored by:

ECU Reprogram Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 K1
Question ECU Reprogram Questions

How can I go about reprograming ECU in Pittsburgh? (No pulley upgrade.)

Who should I use?

Can MB tell if reprogramed and would this void my warranty?

How much would it cost?

Is it worth it?
Old 07-15-2007, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by Coalman

Who should I use?

How much would it cost?

Is it worth it?
not worth it unless you're recovering from mb's recall or absolutely need the limiter removed.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55

Who should I use?

How much would it cost?

Is it worth it?
I doubt the dealer would be able to tell if it had been reflashed.They might be able to see some of the parameters have been reached or gone over.If they sent the ecu back to be checked they could tell but Ive never heard of that happening before.

The main thing is an ecu flash alone is a waste of money.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:41 PM

SL55
Question Re Calls?

Originally Posted by chiromikey
not worth it unless you're recovering from mb's recall or absolutely need the limiter removed.
I brought my car in for all the recalls, and I could swear it was slower when I got it back... What don't I know about this

I'm thinking of doing a Powerchip without pulley, their dyno charts show 44 Crank HP, but the main thing is they will reflash for motor upgrades like when I add a crank pulley for $100.

Do the recalls slow the car down?

Thanks,

RoydRage
Old 07-15-2007, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RoydRage
I brought my car in for all the recalls, and I could swear it was slower when I got it back... What don't I know about this

I'm thinking of doing a Powerchip without pulley, their dyno charts show 44 Crank HP, but the main thing is they will reflash for motor upgrades like when I add a crank pulley for $100.

Do the recalls slow the car down?

Thanks,

RoydRage
there's hours of reading for you. search key words like "recall", "reflash", and "ecu" in this forum to get started.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:55 PM

SL55
there's hours of reading for you. search key words like "recall", "reflash", and "ecu" in this forum to get started.

Chiromikey,

Yes... I found your thread expieriencing this problem a year ago... From what I can tell you got everything back save 10-15 hp.

So... Can I assume that Powerchip can take care of this problem? I'm going to send the ECU to them this Week.

Or.. Do you have to get the old S/W restored first?

Thanks,

RoydRage
Old 07-15-2007, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

unless you've had your original s/w copied, there is no way to restore it to pre-recall status. regardless, powerchip has been able to return power to reflash affected cars.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:11 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
just curious, does this reflash effect 03/ 04 more then 06? or does 06 already have it when received?
thanks
Old 07-16-2007, 04:43 AM

SL55
unless you've had your original s/w copied, there is no way to restore it to pre-recall status. regardless, powerchip has been able to return power to reflash affected cars.
Can Mercedes Do it? I think my dealer would cooperate. What version does it have to go back to?

I found the #2006-030011 service campain was preformed on the paperwork... Damm! Why did I find this out too late! I knew the car felt slower... Not even WOT... just punching it a little, I could feel the difference right away.

DRAT!

RoydRage
Old 07-16-2007, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Zod
just curious, does this reflash effect 03/ 04 more then 06? or does 06 already have it when received?
thanks
i'm not sure i've heard of an '06 being affected and iirc, they do already have the newer software from the get go.

Originally Posted by RoydRage
Can Mercedes Do it? I think my dealer would cooperate. What version does it have to go back to?

I found the #2006-030011 service campain was preformed on the paperwork... Damm! Why did I find this out too late! I knew the car felt slower... Not even WOT... just punching it a little, I could feel the difference right away.

DRAT!

RoydRage
mb cannot restore older versions of software. as much as your dealer would like to help after the fact, there won't be much they can do at this point unless you can get them to pay for an aftermarket company to do it.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:29 PM

SL55
mb cannot restore older versions of software. as much as your dealer would like to help after the fact, there won't be much they can do at this point unless you can get them to pay for an aftermarket company to do it.
I would pay for it... But where to get it done? I'm going to send the ECU to PowerChip, But it was stated that they even cannot get rid of the "Load Limter".

How can I get that done before the Aftermarket software is loaded?

Thanks,

RoydRage
Old 07-16-2007, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL65
I know I have seen posts where someone has gone with a Powerchip upgrade and been very happy with this mod alone. Were they likely down on power from the dealer recall? I've had the recall ecu flash done on my car and still ran a 12.4 completly stock. Many people on the forum have disputed that the flash affected power at all.

From my reading it seems like it probably did cause power loss for a few, but most seem to be unaffected.

Are you guys sure that there is little or no power to be gained from an ECU reprogram alone?
Old 07-16-2007, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
ECU upgrade alone will not result in huge gains. IMHO, it is best to purchase an ECU upgrade after you install headers, pulley, TB, etc.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking Powerchip contact info

Chiromikey: Do you have Powerchips phone number? I am pretty happy with the TB and Chris's Headers but I think the ECU reprogram might add a little more here. Can we send the ECU to them or do they need the car on site?
(ps. The fast idle has slowed down a little but still seems to idle a little fast at 750 rpm at idle vs 600 or so before the TB installation, Did you have this problem too?)
Old 07-17-2007, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar

Who should I use?

How much would it cost?

Is it worth it?
We have been working with these ECU's for quite some time. We work with cars from all over the country...and we are a MBWorld Sponsor! Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by deaguero
Chiromikey: Do you have Powerchips phone number? I am pretty happy with the TB and Chris's Headers but I think the ECU reprogram might add a little more here. Can we send the ECU to them or do they need the car on site?
(ps. The fast idle has slowed down a little but still seems to idle a little fast at 750 rpm at idle vs 600 or so before the TB installation, Did you have this problem too?)
pm sent.