W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Kit install - NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question After Market Kit install - NEED HELP!!!

Hello all!

This is my first thread here

I bought an after market kit for my W211 E55. I was looking at the engine bay to plan for the install when I reallized the battery was in the trunk! I just bought my car 2 weeks ago so I don't know much about it.

Does any one know where I can find a source for power within the engine bay?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance
Old 07-21-2007, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
It will probably be easier for someone to help you, if we knew what after market kit your talking about.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:48 PM

I bought the XenonDepot kit with the philips bulbs & ballasts. Most other kits are just plug and play since they do not utilize the use of relays. Since my kit comes with a relay I need to find a power source for it.

Maybe i'll just eliminate the relays....
Old 07-22-2007, 01:50 AM

magLipVE
Originally Posted by ocninc
I bought the XenonDepot kit with the philips bulbs & ballasts. Most other kits are just plug and play since they do not utilize the use of relays. Since my kit comes with a relay I need to find a power source for it.

Maybe i'll just eliminate the relays....

i wouldnt do that. a relay is needed for xenon conversion.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
there's another battery under the ac filter on the passenger side of the engine compartment.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 E55, 03FORD P/S,01 E320-4M,99 ML320,O4 E55,05 RUBICON UNLIMITED,
The Battery Under The Filter Is For Sbc Brakes Only, I Would Not Reccomend Using It To Power Up Your Lights. If You Open The Hood All The Way,open The Left Fuse Box By The Drivers Side Winshield,pop Up The Sam( Fuse Holder Assy) There Will Be A Large Red Wire That Is The Batt. Lead. Connect To That, But Be Aware That There Are Pre Fuses That Protect That Circuit And If You Happen To Blow One You May Have To Buy A Complete Junction Box That Houses The Pre Fuses.if You Don't Know Much About The Car And The Wiring I Would Get It Hooked Up By A Pro. Shouldn't Take Much More Than An Hour Or So, Just My Thoughts, Good Luck.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by MBTEK
The Battery Under The Filter Is For Sbc Brakes Only, I Would Not Reccomend Using It To Power Up Your Lights. If You Open The Hood All The Way,open The Left Fuse Box By The Drivers Side Winshield,pop Up The Sam( Fuse Holder Assy) There Will Be A Large Red Wire That Is The Batt. Lead. Connect To That, But Be Aware That There Are Pre Fuses That Protect That Circuit And If You Happen To Blow One You May Have To Buy A Complete Junction Box That Houses The Pre Fuses.if You Don't Know Much About The Car And The Wiring I Would Get It Hooked Up By A Pro. Shouldn't Take Much More Than An Hour Or So, Just My Thoughts, Good Luck.
Thank you! This was the info i was looking for. I really appreciate it.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:00 AM

K3 05 E55 sold, 09 GL550
The Battery in the trunk control all power of the car , if you disconnect it you're be fine . BTW I had that kit on my car , it was working good but without relay .
Old 07-26-2007, 04:13 AM

i ended up installing the kit without the relay since i figured our wiring is robust enough to handle it. what do you know...it worked perfectly... Thanks for all the help guys