W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63 Hesitation

Old 08-17-2007, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
E63 Hesitation

This just happened a few times before and now again last night. When I pressed on the accelerator there was a slight hesitation for about a second before the car would move, this was off idle. My thoughts are that maybe because it has been hot here, or its just of those things. There is no hesitation when driving, just off idle. Car runs great, no oil consumption, use good quality gas etc...I just don't want to take it in and have them reflash it........or maybe I should!! Thoughts/comments!!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
hesitation in engine response or drivetrain?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by jangy
hesitation in engine response or drivetrain?
Engine response...I thought maybe because of the in town driving that my wife does...but I don't think so. I even did the ECU reset...still it just has that minor hesitation...it never does it while driving and me flooring it...just of idle, or maybe when I turn a corner and give it a little gas, that there is a minor bog.....!!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt
This just happened a few times before and now again last night. When I pressed on the accelerator there was a slight hesitation for about a second before the car would move, this was off idle. My thoughts are that maybe because it has been hot here, or its just of those things. There is no hesitation when driving, just off idle. Car runs great, no oil consumption, use good quality gas etc...I just don't want to take it in and have them reflash it........or maybe I should!! Thoughts/comments!!
Have you done the recall yet?

replacing a TB and reflash to make the car more responsive?

Take it in and get the recall done.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by juicee63

Have not taken it in to do the TB recall....I din't think the TB recall was for this type of an issue...unless I am thinking about something else....so what is the issue on the TB recall..?? Looks like I am behind in times....!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:33 PM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Happens to my car every so often but only upon cold starts(ex. first thing in the morning or at night after working all day)
Old 08-17-2007, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by 05VENOM
Happens to my car every so often but only upon cold starts(ex. first thing in the morning or at night after working all day)
I though I was being goofy on this and just looking at every nit picky thing that there was.......did you go to the dealer and the the recall done...or will you??
Old 08-17-2007, 04:38 PM

junk
mine does the same thing too, exactly
Old 08-17-2007, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S

I haven't received any recall, E63 recall?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:45 PM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
I though I was being goofy on this and just looking at every nit picky thing that there was.......did you go to the dealer and the the recall done...or will you??
I do not know of any recall but I did have the tranny/engine reflash so the it starts in 1st in 'S' mode.
This did not effect the hesitation...it happens very infrequent will not take it to the dealer .
Old 08-18-2007, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by sack5000
I haven't received any recall, E63 recall?

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=93854

I likely do mine this week so I will report back.

12.3 @ 117 here I come
Old 08-18-2007, 01:04 PM

12.3 @ 117 here I come
Please do.....I really don't want to take it in and have something done just to have something done....very interesting what the speedonline forum says.....BTW mine is a July '06 build date....don't know if the early ones were effected or just the later ones....!! I do know that mine did not have the proper dip-stick.!!
Old 08-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Mine is going in on wednesday to be looked at a second time.They told me of a "transmision valve body" replacement that they were performing on a customer-to-customer basis for the 7G trans last time I was there,but on the phone today they are saying the MB computer is NOT showing a recall.

Since the car has already been in for this reason,it needs to be fixed pronto

Last edited by oldgixxer; 08-18-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by oldgixxer
Mine is going in on wednesday to be looked at a second time.They told me of a "transmision valve body" replacement that they were performing on a customer-to-customer basis for the 7G trans last time I was there,but on the phone today they are saying the MB computer is NOT showing a recall.

Seems the forum is more in the know than many of our "service advisors"

The dipstick thing, the valve body, tranny software. We shall see who the real deal SA's are.

I know there is a new software update that makes the car more aggresive out of first. I think it accompanies the Valve body recall. Lets keep this thread going and post up our service invoices and campain #s , so we can keep track of service issues that are certainly "kinks" under warranty.

Oil consumption was due to the faulty dipstick mis-reading
Starting in 2nd gear uin D/S, early shifting, tranny softwary and the valve body?

I think the track time will improve once we get a reliable ECU/TCU MAP
and the parts that accompany it.

Thanks for the updates guys
Old 08-22-2007, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by oldgixxer

What did you learn from the dealer...........????
Old 08-28-2007, 02:07 PM

e63 amg 2007
e63 amg slight lug (hesitation)

I know there is a new software update that makes the car more aggresive out of first. I think it accompanies the Valve body recall. Lets keep this thread going and post up our service invoices and campain #s , so we can keep track of service issues that are certainly "kinks" under warranty.

Hello:

I am new to the boards and came here specifically to see if anyone else was experiencing the same problem I am. My car also lugs (hesitates) for about a half second when taking off from a rolling stop or complete stop if I don't provide the car enough time to rest. Let me explain. My wife says when she drives my car she feels nothing and thinks I am imagining things. However, this is because when she comes to a stop, she will sit there for about a second or two before accelerating once again. I drive more aggressive in the car, as it was meant to be driven. I accelerate immediately after stopping and therefore experience the lug. This can be very dangerous when one is pulling out in traffic.

I had trouble convincing the dealership of the problem, and have now taken it to a different location. This time I made a mechanic get in the car with me. He definitely agreed that there was a problem and agreed with me that it could be dangerous when pulling out in front of traffic.

My car was perfect for the first six thousand miles. I explained this to the mechanic and he asked me what happened at 6000 miles. I told him that there was a recall item and my first maintenance, and ever since then the car lugged. (The original dealership denies they would have caused the problem). The mechanic then called my orginal dealership and found out that they also gave me a software upgrade for my transmission. This mechanic believes the new software is the problem. He is currently trying to find out how get the original software reinstalled back in my e63. It has been one week now and I am still waiting.

I am not saying that this is the cause of the lugging, but I can't imagine what else it is. It is most noteable when coming to a quick stop and then taking off right away. It seems to be worse when the engine is cold. I am currently at 13K miles and am sick that I have put 7K miles on the car driving it like this. It pisses me off. I really want to get if fixed right away as I miss my original (under 6K miles) e63's performance.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
So does that mean, I should NOT take my car in for the latest software updates??? How about the valve body ???
Old 08-28-2007, 03:01 PM

e63 amg 2007
i don't know what to tell you at this point. I will post when I learn more. I really hope others post that have experienced this hesitation problem and how they got it resolved.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

12.3 @ 117 here I come
Juicee63, did you ever get yours upgraded??? If so, how is the car running?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:58 AM

I have an appointment for Sept. 5...the transmission as well as the flap in the manifold will be addressed. My hesitation is usually off idle, however, there has been a time or two when I just floor it, and it bogs, and then catches on...!!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
MY car never really hesitates, unless it is super hot and I am in D/c. I did the service work , car shifts really fast, but I think I will just use d/s and downshift when I need power. D/S seems to kick down faster but there is still a slight , noticeable delay when depressing the pedal in the lower bands.

This car may very well be too adaptive. We need to get a software program that is aggressive and smooth.

Doing the recall work will not HURT, but it will likely start your cars learning over
Old 08-30-2007, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
everyone needs to get this flap installed, the car is more agressive and seems to do better in 1st gear.

It is not a recall per se , My SA termed it a "campaign".

So its on the books right now , and free go see your MB dealer if you own a 63 and have not been in for service the last 30 days or so.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:54 PM

everyone needs to get this flap installed, the car is more agressive and seems to do better in 1st gear.

It is not a recall per se , My SA termed it a "campaign".

So its on the books right now , and free go see your MB dealer if you own a 63 and have not been in for service the last 30 days or so.
I don't think that they install a new "flap". but install a support bracket for the switch that controls the internal flap. At least that is what I am told.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:59 PM

My car also developed the hesitation after I took it in for service and they re-flashed it with the "latest" software.
Sounds like another ill-conceived "improvement' from the M-B gang.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:46 AM

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by E63joe
My car also developed the hesitation after I took it in for service and they re-flashed it with the "latest" software.
Sounds like another ill-conceived "improvement' from the M-B gang.

I took my CLS63 in for a complimentary check up at 3,100. The replace my rear brakes and top off the oil cause I was low. Ever since then, my car hasn't seemed as fast. Now I have the .5 second hesitation too. I will try the ECU reset and see if that works. My car has always started in 1st so I don't think I got the software update at the last dealer visit. It was so noticable that I checked if they actually put back my charcoal filters. They didn't.

amgbg

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E63 Hesitation