Sponsored by:

Who ran 2 M5's in Dallas? video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Damn.... renting an airstrip. Can anyone in Bay Area rent one airstrip at SFO/SJC/OAK?

Just want to hear how supersprint exhaust would fare against airplane jets

I hope September in Texas is not harsh to AMG kompressors.... I don't want to see all AMG's got beaten by M's.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Originally Posted by zoink
Damn.... renting an airstrip. Can anyone in Bay Area rent one airstrip at SFO/SJC/OAK?

Just want to hear how supersprint exhaust would fare against airplane jets

I hope September in Texas is not harsh to AMG kompressors.... I don't want to see all AMG's got beaten by M's.
My little SLK will still make a decent showing while the blowers are all shutting down, including my E's. SLK is a spry little thing and fun to drive. No match for a M5 or M6 but M3 or M roadster or some of the 911s won't be a problem. Maybe I'll get some go fast goodies for it and suprise some folks. Hmmm.....
Old 08-21-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Thanks Darren, I will be all over it. I probably need to get the ECU tune now to enhance the pulley.

Missed you at the 6speed thing in Frisco. I was talking to a couple of M5 guys about taking the M5 seat and putting it in my CL. For my money, it's one of the best seats available (besides being attached to the car).
that was me you were talking to. aka Scott
Old 08-21-2007, 08:23 PM

E55
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
My little SLK will still make a decent showing while the blowers are all shutting down, including my E's. SLK is a spry little thing and fun to drive. No match for a M5 or M6 but M3 or M roadster or some of the 911s won't be a problem. Maybe I'll get some go fast goodies for it and suprise some folks. Hmmm.....
I will be bringing my M5 to the airstrip for sure. I also own a E46 M3 and would love to have it available for the event as well. May have my wife drive one of the cars up so I have both available.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Originally Posted by RACE_MX
I will be bringing my M5 to the airstrip for sure. I also own a E46 M3 and would love to have it available for the event as well. May have my wife drive one of the cars up so I have both available.
My brother will drive my other car, I hope, haven't talked to him yet as I'm waiting for the green light from Darren. If not I'll just bring the SLK since it seems like we'll already have at least 2 other E55s there just to have something different.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
My brother will drive my other car, I hope, haven't talked to him yet as I'm waiting for the green light from Darren. If not I'll just bring the SLK since it seems like we'll already have at least 2 other E55s there just to have something different.
Make that 3.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
My freind I dont want to argue with you and try to prove something to you...I am jsut telling everybody what my experiences where with my BEAST/ other 55s and M cars...

1. As far as I know the race was from 20-30 to 160...not higher that that !!!
I wish I was there

2. I've spoked to SleeperX before about this race..He had Renntech stage 5 at that time and IC mod is included, as well as biggesr airboxes...This is very important in long WOT PULL !!!

3. This proves nothing to ME!!!... Stock M5 runned here 12.6-12.7 on our ****ty tracks and I havent stock E55 run better the 12.9...and again we dont race our car a lot at the track, and our track in like regular road...On regular road its very difficult to lauch E55 using all the Torgues...

Infact M5 is more easy to launch then E55, cause of the diff and highreving engine, no crazy torgues...and Do you know that stock 55 vs stock M5...M5 acually makes more power at the wheels at higher speeds !!!

4. I havent witnessed anything amd I dont need too, cuase I have 1st hand expeince withj my M5/M6 and other people are saying (Darren, AMG rider) that this how it is stock M5 is faster the stock E55 on the street !!!

5. I am happy for HIM...

Everything depends on the mods E55 and M5 have...

6. "NO Comments" read above...

7. AMGrider did already and confirmed my findings...and I mentioned about SleeperX above...

8. OK...I told you my results...hopefully I will race one soon as well...

Jidex M6 is not MODed

9. I doesnt matter...I know the end result on a street !!!

Hope We understand each other...I'm not trying to defend M5 or prove anything...This just my honest opinion...and I have respect for both cars and their owners...
Fair enuff, you have your experiences and I have mine is my point! So our pts of views are not universal bottom line .

By the way JIDEX car has the delimiter mod from Active AutoWerkes so yes it is modded.

Sleeper X's car seems to launch very hard on the streets on this side of the planet ,ask him.

These guys are my friends Russ and we take our cars out together all the time as much as we can. So I would say that I've seen every thing I'm saying perhaps more than you have here in the U.S. NO? So why are we debating about this? Are you here in the states seeing what I'm seeing?

Last edited by ProjectC55; 08-22-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:23 AM

E55
Darren has the airstrip reserved for Sept 9. He has time scheduled to visit the facility this week to verify there is enough useable runway to proceed with the event. Stay tuned.. I'm sure he will post something official within the next day or two.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:31 AM

E55
I looked up your SLK (sorry I'm still getting familiar with AMG's) 5.5L V8 on a roadster, I bet that thing will go. On second thought I may leave the M3 at home... unless I can get some forced induction in the next few days.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 M5
I love those SLK55's. They are fun to drive. When you mash the gas pedal it just hunkers down and moves, plus they growl nicely.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
I looked up your SLK (sorry I'm still getting familiar with AMG's) 5.5L V8 on a roadster, I bet that thing will go. On second thought I may leave the M3 at home... unless I can get some forced induction in the next few days.
I'll let you and anyone else who wants take it for a spin. I actually like it better than the E55 because of the fun factor.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Originally Posted by BTPower
Long live four door rocket ships....
Amen to that.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
that was me you were talking to. aka Scott
Nice to see you here Scott. Maybe by Sept 9 your car will be fully broken in and you can put some race miles on it?
Mike
Old 08-22-2007, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by dc63er
nice vids. those m5s shift like my 63, just bam bam bam but i like the 63's deeper exhaust note. bad *** none the less and yes, that e got SMOKED!!!
I dunno about the 7g-tronic shifting like "bam bam bam" but it definitely gets the job done. Mercedes' big push for it was that it actually shifted softer than the outgoing 5-speed. Also, they made a big deal about its fuel efficiency because the two final gears are verrry long.

The SMG in the M5 shifts as fast as Ferrari's Magnetti Marelli unit, 80 milliseconds, which is why a lot of people complain about it shifting "too hard".

As for the videos, good stuff. We can all see that modded vs. stock isn't much of a fair race, and while a lot of you complain about the fact that it wasn't from a "dig", I can safely say I've never been in a stoplight race. Around here we race on the highway, stoplights are in populated areas with lots of cops around, and that's when it gets dangerous.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 08-22-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:55 PM

07 S65
Originally Posted by darren_dallas
I will tell you though, running on the highway with my E55 K4 did not have good race results at high-speeds. Got waxed a few times and it had to be due to heat inefficiencies of the Kompressor motor with extra boost.

Regards,

Darren
Darren, good to see you back on the board. Thanks for the headers, they have been helpful. Didn't you have some issues with your K4 car? I remember you leaving us for a while after the mods and then you sold the car (I'm guessing)? The only reason I say this is from our conversations before when you were down on power from your previous set up?

I will tell you that most of the K cars will not and do not have problems with stock M cars at any speeds. The 55's are definitely more finicky than the M's. I would imagine our cars having more trouble during hot summer days but it would surprise me to see the M's out perform a healthy K car. That said, a win is a win and anything can happen on the street. Good luck with your M. It looks to be a beast.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:20 PM

'06 M5
Originally Posted by DJE55
Darren, good to see you back on the board. Thanks for the headers, they have been helpful. Didn't you have some issues with your K4 car? I remember you leaving us for a while after the mods and then you sold the car (I'm guessing)? The only reason I say this is from our conversations before when you were down on power from your previous set up?

I will tell you that most of the K cars will not and do not have problems with stock M cars at any speeds. The 55's are definitely more finicky than the M's. I would imagine our cars having more trouble during hot summer days but it would surprise me to see the M's out perform a healthy K car. That said, a win is a win and anything can happen on the street. Good luck with your M. It looks to be a beast.
Thank you very much and great to see you on here still as well.

I did have some problems with my E55. Between all the mods I ended up cracking a ring lands on one or two pistons (can't remember if we replaced one or two). This meant I was losing a my ability to generate full power from those two cylinders. The benz dealership fixed both with new pistons from AMG and I was off and running after about 3 weeks (takes a while to get them in, actually had to leverage the kind folks at Kleemann USA to get access to them, the dealer couldn't even find them).

But before then, when I had the ASP pulley on the car it made 483 rwhp, but ran dog rich up top (10.5:1) and I would get walked during high-speed runs by cars which I felt I should have beat and at least hung with better.

I believe you guys have dialed in the cars much better since then and I'm looking forward to a K-car showing up (and no I don't mean that as an insult referring to the old Chrysler K car ) at the airport meet on Sept 9th.

Regards,

Darren
Old 08-23-2007, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
That and probably a slipping S/C belt.
AMG_Rider has a K3 and has had very good results. Ask EvilEmpire!! You saw the 2nd vid. And his(EE) modded S4 has had excellent results racing M5's. I wish I could find the video where he put a few car length's on the M5. Perhaps Evil Empirre could chime in!
ditto:
Ray's k3 was not running healthy. his SC clutch was replaced.

It was a big difference in power once he raced EE again.

However EE was not running full race gas... so it would be been closer for the S4.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by TopGun32
ditto:
Ray's k3 was not running healthy. his SC clutch was replaced.

It was a big difference in power once he raced EE again.

However EE was not running full race gas... so it would be been closer for the S4.
I would not say it would be closer until you see them run again! Let them run again and we'll see if the S4 runs closer with as much race fuel as the S4 can safely take.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 08-25-2007 at 09:56 PM.