W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rate Your Dealer Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Rate Your Dealer Poll

There seems to be a wide variation in dealer satisfaction among the members here and I was curious as how YOU rate your dealer.

My dealer drove me away from MB five years ago with an atrocious service department. I only came back for the E55 which I love, but dread trips to the dealer for service.

To be honest, my dealer is the only one in a large county overpopulated with MB cars and can't begin to provide adequate service. The people there seem to try but are just overwhelmed with the number of cars. There is rarely room to park anywhere on the dealers property.

If you don't take the car in on a Monday or Tuesday, you aren't getting it back that week. They almost never fix everything noted on the work order but never fail to run up a list for MB warranty to pay. When I complained, they offered a free detail that then cost another $100 to have done right. I now refuse their detailing and wash.

Anybody have the same or better service at their dealers?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Not the same, not better...worse.

The MB service departments I've seen are the bottom of the barrel. Total garbage
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
We have 4 stealers in our greater Houston area. 2 of which I have experience with. One of the 2 is total garbage in my opinion. The SA(a female mind you) can never get her story straight on whats wrong with my car. One time she calls me and says "oh your part is not in yet but SHOULD come in today(Thursday) so your car MIGHT be ready on Tuesday." Now all I was getting fixed was a window regulator. 3 days for a fix; I don't think so. Then 25 minutes later she calls me back and says "oh, your car's ready." Don't get me wrong, I was happy as heck to get my car for the weekend, but there was a serious breakdown of communication there between her tech and parts or whomever. And I don't like that.

The other stealership, Mercedes Greenway, is great. My car is out of warranty but ALWAYS get a loaner(never got one at the other dealer), he always takes care of me when it comes to service and maintenance. I never have that "damn I have to take my car to the dealer" feeling, which I used to have. Honestly, there are some occaisons where I have a feeling that I may have paid a little more than I should've, but I'm cool with it 'cause its the dealer and they always do a GREAT job.

What puts them over the top is when I got my ABC system fixed the bill was already 4k+. Then, he comes to with the "oh well this is broken too" deal. I wasn't having it and took it up with the Service Manager and they ate the cost of repair(about 1500 bucks!) without much of a fight(I did threaten to bring in attorneys though). I told them to give me all the broken parts so I knew they weren't BS'ing me.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:29 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I got my E55 at the last place I thought there would be a Mercedes Benz dealership, in Lindon, UT, a small town that's just north of Provo, UT (Home of BYU for those of you who are not familiar with the state.)

Anyway, I chose this dealership because they are an authorized Renntech dealer. The service tech who works on the AMG's is top notch. The sales staff is great and the GM is the best. I had some problems early on with my car, delivery, etc and he made everything right without hesitation.

Just ask Jim (Jackpro) about the service department and about their legendary "mod friendly" attitude. For me, it's worth the 5 hour drive just to get my car serviced. I had a problem with my brakes early on and took my car to the local dealer. They ended up putting my brake pads on backwards (how???). So, even though I tack on 800 miles round trip, MB of Lindon is the only place touching my car.

Plus, if you're looking for a new AMG, they have just about every model available. Yes, they even had the 722 in their showroom for a while.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Good MB Dealerships

Thanks for posting that..... I wish we had such a good dealer here in California. Does anybody know of any high quality service department dealerships in California?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB, BMW
Mercedes of Ann Arbor: -10 out of 10 sales/service. total garbage since the Sonic Automotive Group took it over. but the parts dept guys are cool though.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:02 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
RAB Motors (San Rafael (Marin County), CA). top notch. great techs & support. their complimentary espresso maker runs all day/night as well. high quality experience.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by Rudyrono
I got my E55 at the last place I thought there would be a Mercedes Benz dealership, in Lindon, UT, a small town that's just north of Provo, UT (Home of BYU for those of you who are not familiar with the state.)

Anyway, I chose this dealership because they are an authorized Renntech dealer. The service tech who works on the AMG's is top notch. The sales staff is great and the GM is the best. I had some problems early on with my car, delivery, etc and he made everything right without hesitation.

Just ask Jim (Jackpro) about the service department and about their legendary "mod friendly" attitude. For me, it's worth the 5 hour drive just to get my car serviced. I had a problem with my brakes early on and took my car to the local dealer. They ended up putting my brake pads on backwards (how???). So, even though I tack on 800 miles round trip, MB of Lindon is the only place touching my car.

Plus, if you're looking for a new AMG, they have just about every model available. Yes, they even had the 722 in their showroom for a while.

WOW, you drive all the way from LV / Henderson, NV to Lindon, Utah for service!!! That must be some service over there!!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
I've got 4 dealers in about a 5 mi radius in the LA Calif area. My selling dealer has a meger service dept that didn't know the first thing about amgs. Took it to #2, great amg tech but gets more grease inside than outside.
On to #3, and good amg tech as well as great care for the baby while in service.
If #3 drops out, well there are at least 3 more within a 50 mi drive.

No need to mention names here due to the fact that I'm really in the drivers seat in LA.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 AM

2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
You guys with more than one dealer to choose from don't know how lucky you are. My dealer in West Palm Beach is the only dealer in the county and boy do they know it.

Even though my car is still under factory warranty, I dread a trip to the dealer for service. It's always an unpleasnt and expensive experience. If it weren't for the AMG's they would never see me there again.

Same thing for our BMW dealer. There is only one in the entire county and they aren't any better then the MB dealer.

Had an Infinity for awhile and was amazed at the quality of their service. Never a wait, very friendy and the cost was reasonable. Car was a great car for the price but it sure isn't a Mercedes.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Yeah, the owner of the Utah Jazz, Larry H Miller came to Ken (runs the service department now) and told him, "Set up the shop anyway you like it. Just make people happy!" Which he knows as a smart business man will make him $$$$.

Ken operates under the philsophy of, "It's your car, do what you want with it!". He loves performance and mods and really loves the challenges I give him ("Can the SLR cams fit in an E55")

He always busts my chops about telling him each time I come in, "Okay Ken...THIS is the last mod I am doing to it". Then I'm back in a few months for more.

Posted this many times before, but we have another dealer right in the heart of Salt Lake and it's like Heaven and Hell. Those guys are Satan's helpers. Called them asking about mods and got interrogated by those scumbags. Asked me for my VIN over the phone and I knew exactly what he was gonna do (red flag me). Told me that if I bring my car in for service, that he would flag me no questions asked if they found mods.

My fightin days are long gone, but that's the closest I've been to going and bustin someone in the chops in a lonnngggg time. May they rot in Benz hell!!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:45 PM

h
For those in the Boston area, go see Kim Trott at chambers motorcars. She by far is the best service assistant manager at any dealership. period.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
07 CLS63 | 06 SLK350
Originally Posted by m_berman
I've got 4 dealers in about a 5 mi radius in the LA Calif area. My selling dealer has a meger service dept that didn't know the first thing about amgs. Took it to #2, great amg tech but gets more grease inside than outside.
On to #3, and good amg tech as well as great care for the baby while in service.
If #3 drops out, well there are at least 3 more within a 50 mi drive.

No need to mention names here due to the fact that I'm really in the drivers seat in LA.

mberman, in case u do see this.... is beverly hills bmw no:3 or no:2 ?

i'm giving my cls63 tomorrow, speedometer not working and i want to make sure they know how to fix amg's
Old 07-14-2008, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
I have no real problems with MB Laguna Niguel or House of Imports. I do howver, have serious beef with the cocky *******s at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
I was worried about my local dealership since we only have one, but I made good friends with my SA and things go very smoothly. That seems to be the key. Dealer is Dick Dyer Mercedes in Columbia, SC.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
In Mid June I brought my e63 into the shop for a strange sound only heard on the left side . Only makes the weird grinding sound when I get up to speed. About 40-45mph. Since mid June my e63 has been has been in the shop with my service department every week ALL week (M-F) with them replacing parts left and right. HEre we are in Mid July and they still havent fixed it. As of right now I the dealer has had my car a straight 8 days still trying to get rid of the strange sound.
They have replaced all 4 brakes and discs, steering rack, pulleys, bearing seals, a couple sensors and that is the partial list since picking the car back up from then a week and a half ago after the said they fixed it. Drove it 2 miles away from dealer and it was doing it again.
According to the dealer on Friday afternoon when he said he couldnt give the car back until today. monday because now the were replacing the rear bearings and not just the seals.
If this gives any indication of my confidence in my dealerships, American Service Center in Arlington VA, I am not a happy camper!!! They said I should get the car back today and I am praying this time its fixed!
There are 5 or 6 dealers in the DC area. After experience 3 or 4 of them I thought ASC in arlington was the best one and have been using them for years, until this complete melt down. FYI ever week a different tech has been working on my car because after spending a week working on my car 3 of the techs went on vacation for a week!!! WTF!!!!!

This keeps up and my next car will be american. This is my 4th benz and I had ben planning on buying a CL63. Not sure right now about that though sice they cant get an e63 to work properly.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:28 AM

S211 AMG
Originally Posted by MikTrebla09
For those in the Boston area, go see Kim Trott at chambers motorcars. She by far is the best service assistant manager at any dealership. period.
It's all about the SA and Kim is the very best.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:35 AM

2008 ML320 CDI
Have one dealer within 100 miles. The sales people are nice and so are the managers. The service department needs some customer service classes though. first time i went there i almost beat the guy to death for his cocky dont give a damn attitude. guess when your 23 you dont get much respect. there work is semi fast i guess? took a day for a service and to check a CEL. Got a loaner car, but it was pretty dirty which kind of pissed me off. I always thought they washed/cleaned your car when you took it in, but not here.

i would give them a 7/10.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:05 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Daytona Beach MB has a good crew..friendly, nice, and an outstanding waiting room that is nicer that my living room at home...cozy couches, carpeted,free food and drinks, newspapers, tons of car mags, satellite TV...nice. They always have a car for me at their expense, rental or loaner. The only issue is they don't know AMGs well and have hard time finding problem and then parts...both take time. They have had my car for 22 days in last two months on warranty issues and will probably need another week to fix a bad part they installed under warranty. Crap..

They are right next door to BMW dealer. That might account for their nice disposition.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 PM

germans
here on Oahu, there is only 1 dealership...I have no choice other than shipping my car. With that being said, they don't mark up on new models and they try to accomodate me as much as they can. Can't blame them for the car acting up so...9/10.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Well in Atlanta there are several MB dealers, and some of them suck. So a list rate of the ones I have dealt with:

RBM of Atlanta: 9/10, my SA Jerry has been the best. Best prices, service, and rental cars. They take the time to explain things, inspect, and respect you if you know about your car, and not tell you oh your nuts, etc.

MB of Buckhead: 3/10, they lost me before they could even work on the car. Tried to charge me $800 for an Ipod kit install, even though I had the Ipod kit myself I got from EBay! On a brake job quote on my CLS, quoted me $400. RBM, $275. I ran very fast from there.

Atlanta South: 4/10, most SA's are totally disconnected with the owners. For example, you come in with a issue regarding vibration, they tell you it's nothing. They test drive it, say again, it's nothing. I took the E320 over to NTB, and they said it was the bolt kit. Had the alignment bolt kit installed, vibration is gone. This same thing happened with oil changes, and other instances. They are closest to me, but a track record of ******** with many.

Atlanta Classic: 5/10 Problem with them: OVERCHARGING. Plain and simple.

The others, RBM North I have not dealt with but have the same owners as RBM Atlanta.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:33 PM

UPDATE: Took my car into the dealer here in West Palm Beach again last week and had a different experience. THEY HAVE NEW OWNERS.

The prices are still sky high, they HATE mods, and still think I don't know anything about cars, but at least the service was quick, there were no lines, and the car was returned clean with no "extra" miles on the odometer.

Maybe there is hope.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:57 PM

05 e55
Originally Posted by m52e55
RAB Motors (San Rafael (Marin County), CA). top notch. great techs & support. their complimentary espresso maker runs all day/night as well. high quality experience.

how are they with mods? used sf mercedes twice. now i go to an independant who then sends any warranty work to them ..... live in the city but am in marin at least 3 days a week.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:10 PM

2008 ML320 CDI
well here is another complaint about my dealership in Montgomery Aalabama.

My ML320 is a month old, and i noticed that when i fill it up the gauge only shows quarter of a tank. now when i bought the car they filled it, how did they not notice that it was only 3/4 full on the gauge? They were also supposed to schedule me in for getting the tow package replaced/fixed because of a recall on the welds. Imagine that, they didnt set the appointment up.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:06 PM

2023 Range rover 2022 RAM TRX (bad ass):) - 2023 911 Turbo 2019 Wrangler 2021 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Thanks for posting that..... I wish we had such a good dealer here in California. Does anybody know of any high quality service department dealerships in California?
I have had great luck with HOEHN in carlsbad. they do things right the first time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rate Your Dealer Poll