W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some of you asked if my big heat exchanger made a difference...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i think it simply depends on the order in which you select items to be graphed.
That is correct
Old 09-03-2007, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
..........I have had a few Kleemann cars with and without issues. The advantage of the low boost set up for the Kleemann s/c's is of course because of the high compression of the engines. However, it turns out that the low boost set up is the only protection you have for your engine. There is no feed back mechanism to tell the engine when to pull timming, dump fuel etc. You have a boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator, but nothing that responds to your iat's. regardless of how hot your engine is, the s/c delivers the same ammount of boost. you can install a temp sensor yourself post s/c and read it yourself but it is not integrated into the engine's electronics and not useful for engine protection.

Ted
Old 09-03-2007, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..........I have had a few Kleemann cars with and without issues. The advantage of the low boost set up for the Kleemann s/c's is of course because of the high compression of the engines. However, it turns out that the low boost set up is the only protection you have for your engine. There is no feed back mechanism to tell the engine when to pull timming, dump fuel etc. You have a boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator, but nothing that responds to your iat's. regardless of how hot your engine is, the s/c delivers the same ammount of boost. you can install a temp sensor yourself post s/c and read it yourself but it is not integrated into the engine's electronics and not useful for engine protection.

Ted
This is what I did with my S/C setup. I used an autometer IAT gauge(good luck finding one....) It reads up to 300 degrees which is surprising. It was pretty straight foward. It comes with a small box of brains that I wired underneath the dashboard next to the cabin filter. My stock PCV system is not used so the 3/8 ports entering the intake mani are capped off. I threaded one of these ports and screwed the IAT sensor to read just after the air rounds the 90 degree elbow and enters the intake. Like Ted said, it doesn't activly prevent anything, only gives you a heads up when to calm down. Just to share some nightmare data.....the other day it was a very hot humid 97 and during crusing and vacuum my IATs were about 160ish. Boost would have soared over 200 degrees. Little to say I got home as soon as possible, stayed out of boost, and parked the car. I've thought about buying the upgraded split second unit that GregC used so I can get an idea of timming and have the ability to adjust it.

I would like see what type of IAT's a non factory supercharged M113 makes for comparison sake.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin

Ted
this device can be used to pull back the stck timing on the N/A F/I engines such as Ahmad's:

I would also look into the MAF conversion kits so that the N/A cars can be setup like the E55k cars.

there is a guy here on MB world named Gregc who has installed the timing device on his S/C CLK55 with great success!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 09-03-2007 at 08:24 PM.