W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

NOS for MOD E55...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2007 | 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
NOS for MOD E55...

Well...I dont know anything about NOS...Only that its no very safe and will give a good kick to my beast...

So I am thinking of doing this mod to my car...

It will be my secret but I need it in order to beat other in 1/4, the competition is heating up...

What is safe limit of NOS can be used on Mod E55 50-75 shot ???

How and where it is installed and how does it work ???

Should I do it or NOT I dont want to have any probs with my motor...
Old 09-27-2007 | 07:26 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Well...I dont know anything about NOS...Only that its no very safe and will give a good kick to my beast...

It will be my secret but I need it in order to beat other in 1/4, the competition is heating up...

rflow is the only one i know of that has been said to have such a kit, gl
Old 09-27-2007 | 07:40 AM

A slow Tahoe!
NOS:nx:

Every car I've known to have NOS on it has had engine problems over a period of time. While limited use would limit the potential damage the hp gain you get from it is to much to resist. It's like a drug! My brother is on is third engine because of NOS. He's vowed to never use it again, turbos or a supercharger is his next buy. If our cars didn't cost so much to replace the parts I would do it myself and try to maintain some self control. But $45k for a new engine is ridiculous. My personal opinion is that if my 4000 lb. luxury sedan can run mid to low 11's with bolt on mods I'll be happy, if I want to run any faster than that I'll buy a old C5 Corvette but TT's on it and run 9's and 10's. Maybe some members can chime in with there experience with it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-27-2007 | 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Not a long term solution in my opinion and used to set records ...

Also many guys differentiate times on and off the gas so ... not so sure what its worth ... we know E55 can run 10's with juice .. doing it on motor it what we want to pursue......

E55 RUS - I would get 2.82 diff + quaife LSD.... if you have not got it already

Also if you want to go to town in qtr/m .. cut out some space on inside of the car and fit some 335+ tyres ... that will catapult you off the line ...

Last edited by stevebez; 09-27-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-27-2007 | 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by E55BKS
It's like a drug!
Exactly! You say "I'll only use it once or twice, you know, when I really need it." Fact is, once you feel the instant torque that N2O provides you get addicted. Hopefully MB isn't reading this post but I went through bottles and bottles of juice just because it was so much damn fun. 0-160's were amazing on the bottle and I suffered no heat soak like my father's SL55 did after high speed runs. I loved the stuff...but I think it may have damaged my tranny, not sure lol. Rflow, DerekFSU, and a few others that I don't think want their secrets divulged have N2O. I think they are running 125 shots.

Russ, if you get it installed correctly I could definitely see a 100 shot giving you amazing increases and no problems. Just you have to promise yourself that you'll ONLY use it when you need it (racing against some badass competition). I suggest installing it and then removing the bottle and only putting the bottle in if you know you're racing, this way you don't get tempted. I'm not lying, *****s mad addictive bro. Good luck feeding your need for speed
Old 09-27-2007 | 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Exactly! You say "I'll only use it once or twice, you know, when I really need it." Fact is, once you feel the instant torque that N2O provides you get addicted. Hopefully MB isn't reading this post but I went through bottles and bottles of juice just because it was so much damn fun. 0-160's were amazing on the bottle and I suffered no heat soak like my father's SL55 did after high speed runs. I loved the stuff...but I think it may have damaged my tranny, not sure lol. Rflow, DerekFSU, and a few others that I don't think want their secrets divulged have N2O. I think they are running 125 shots.

Russ, if you get it installed correctly I could definitely see a 100 shot giving you amazing increases and no problems. Just you have to promise yourself that you'll ONLY use it when you need it (racing against some badass competition). I suggest installing it and then removing the bottle and only putting the bottle in if you know you're racing, this way you don't get tempted. I'm not lying, *****s mad addictive bro. Good luck feeding your need for speed
Very well put and exactly what I have heard from many many people that have used it or have experience with people that have used it. You start out with maybe a 50-75 shot and then you want more and go to the 100 shot. Then that is not enough and you go to the 125-150 shot. Once you get to that 125-150 shot, you are in serious danger of hurting very expensive components.
Old 09-27-2007 | 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I dont want to have any probs with my motor...
Skip NOS Mike. You race too much and with non-stop weekly usage, you are bound to have a problem with the system sooner or later. Just one example, the solenoids (control flow of NOS to motor). If she sticks open once (does happen), it's bye-bye time on the motor.

This is the video that haunts me to this day....
Old 09-27-2007 | 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Skip NOS Mike. You race too much and with non-stop weekly usage, you are bound to have a problem with the system sooner or later. Just one example, the solenoids (control flow of NOS to motor). If she sticks open once (does happen), it's bye-bye time on the motor.

This is the video that haunts me to this day....
I saw that video the day before I got my nitrous installed...scary stuff
Old 09-27-2007 | 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Ok...thanks guys...topic closed..NO NOS for ME...
Old 09-27-2007 | 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I saw that video the day before I got my nitrous installed...scary stuff
I'm more afraid of the track officials who just sat there, one of them with a fire extinguisher in hand waiting for instructions.
Old 09-27-2007 | 11:42 AM

2006 E55 AMG
I have a buddy who has an 03 Trans AM. He always wants to race and I beat him down very badly everytime. The other day he came by for some more "medicine." We went from about a 30 mph roll, which I thought was odd, but when we jumped on it he pulled about 1 1/2 cars on me and held me off all the way up. Gee....I wonder how his car got so fast? We ran three more times, this time at my speed, 5 mph roll, and I jumped about 3 cars on him and continued to pull. He admitted to his new drug..N02. He just got it about 2 weeks ago and he's already on his 3rd bottle. He drained in on our fourth run. I anticipate his blowing his engine within the next month or two.
Old 09-27-2007 | 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by rflow306
I'm more afraid of the track officials who just sat there, one of them with a fire extinguisher in hand waiting for instructions.
SERIOUSLY!!! lol, the only thing that was missing was curly after moe and larry started putting out the fire. i couldn't stop laughing when larry blasted moe in the face with the second extinguisher...i kept waiting for a finger poke to the eye or something.
Old 09-27-2007 | 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Back in the mid 80's, I witnessed a new Ferrari owner blow the entire intake through the bonnet. The guys solenoid had obviously failed and leaked a ton of nitrous into the intake when the car had been sitting. He went to start the car and........BOOM!!! The top end of that engine was scattered within a 50' radius of the car. I think the repair was around $40K - $50K back then.
Old 09-27-2007 | 04:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Back in the mid 80's, I witnessed a new Ferrari owner blow the entire intake through the bonnet. The guys solenoid had obviously failed and leaked a ton of nitrous into the intake when the car had been sitting. He went to start the car and........BOOM!!! The top end of that engine was scattered within a 50' radius of the car. I think the repair was around $40K - $50K back then.
Cool!
Old 09-27-2007 | 08:21 PM

2007 E63
I have never had solenoid failure in all my experiences and neither has anyone I know. Especially after catastrophic failure like that video, it's hard to determine the weak link. All your parts are essentially destroyed. NX uses solenoids that are huge in comparison to NOS products. The can out flow the **** out of NOS products yes, but there construction is heavy duty. Maybe thats why I haven't yet heard of any problems. I say do it...and just as you suggested to yourself, start small, and increase with desire. Once you hit the 100 mark tho, timing and diff plugs become almost necessary. Another note is you will actually see greater gains than the desired shot you install due to the fact that its also working as an intercooler for that hot roots. a 50 shot will produce about 75hp. As I have always said before, a proper nitrous setup and safe tune makes bottle friendly car without any problems. Make sure the person who installs the system knows what they are doing. The corvette had some serious issue. Nitrous alone is NOT flammable, so whatever happened to that vette seems it started with a fuel leak to me.
Old 09-28-2007 | 10:40 AM

E55 2004
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS

I run nitrous on my supercharged M3 (e36) with zero problems.
To me its just forced induction as long as its properly jetted.
With proper jetting your mixtures will be stable.
For safety i run an electronic bottle opener/closer, dual nos solenoids in series so that even if one fails the other will still close to shut of supply. I also use oversize solenoids for additional safety.
Do it properly and you won't have a problem.
Old 09-28-2007 | 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Who can do it properly
Old 09-28-2007 | 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Come on BlueArrow how is the M5 settling down ??? How does it feel v the E55 ?
Old 09-28-2007 | 11:34 AM

E55 2004
Originally Posted by stevebez
Come on BlueArrow how is the M5 settling down ??? How does it feel v the E55 ?

U have mail.
Old 09-28-2007 | 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks boet... you going to the rugga? Ill go to the final if we make it - will have to try and steal some tickets but its so close I have I to support them...

BTW you planning on modding the M at all ... ?