Sponsored by:

SL55 AMG vs. BMW M5 vs......LP640!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Just come to the meet man, please, come to the meet, and attempt to pour some coffee on me. PLEASE.

457 River Road
Edgewater, NJ 07020

We'll be there around 930-10. I'll bring my barbie scooter for you.

I cannot WAIT for the other guys to see this, so far its only me and JRocket enjoying your squirmfest.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Just come to the meet man, please, come to the meet, and attempt to pour some coffee on me. PLEASE.

457 River Road
Edgewater, NJ 07020

We'll be there around 930-10. I'll bring my barbie scooter for you.

I cannot WAIT for the other guys to see this, so far its only me and JRocket enjoying your squirmfest.
LMAO...must be passed his bed time.

School night?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned

SL55 AMG, M5 E60, 2002 S55 AMG, Range Rover Sport Supercharged,
Originally Posted by Jrocket
LMAO...must be passed his bed time.

School night?
Nope. I'm wide awake!

And yes, CH, I would LOVE pour Coffee onto you and then proceed to break your jaw!

Either you prefer that, or I'd love to take out your tires on your M5 or whatever "P.O.S" you drive.

Ugh. Buh bye!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SoS SWATxV2
Nope. I'm wide awake!

And yes, CH, I would LOVE pour Coffee onto you and then proceed to break your jaw!

Either you prefer that, or I'd love to take out your tires on your M5 or whatever "P.O.S" you drive.

Ugh. Buh bye!
Don't talk about it, be about it. Come to the meet little boy. Try and break my jaw. Now you have to just to back up all this ***** you're talking. '

Any adult male would know that making threats over the internet is pathetic, if anyone were to call out MY father like this, he'd meet them, and prove them wrong like a man. He wouldn't challenge them to Halo, threaten to pour coffee on them (oh noes!!), and would NEVER write anything about breaking someone's jaw on the net, because that's how litigation takes your 4 car garage away.

Mods, please don't lock my thread, just lock him. He's peed all over the TOS.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 10-15-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Nope. I'm wide awake!

Ugh. Buh bye!
Ease up on the threats,thats a sure way to get the thread locked down.

Now how about some pics to prove your the dad over there in NJ?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:58 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
SoS SWATxV2

Wow...A lot just happened here....I was just watching the first half of the Giants game, and some little kid hijacked my thread and tried to start a flame war???!!!

BTW go G-men!!!

Listen kid, adult or whatever you are or whatever you claim to be. I don't care. But to be honest, you made yourself look bad. I noticed that after the flaming started, you changed your age? You changed your profile and started to lie about many things. Who calls someone out to a game of Halo??? And if you are really an adult, you would never call your kids morons, idiots, or anything like that in public. Please have some respect for your own blood, even if they really are what you say they are.

Either way, the cars that you claim you own, they are very nice cars. But, like everyone else said, if they really are yours, please come by the meet Thursday. CH gave you the address. I'll even buy you a beer! I think i'm a much nicer person to get along with than CH.

I just think it's annoying that you just tried to hijack this thread when I put a great deal at risk (everyone's life) on a Sunday afternoon, going up to 155mph and trying to avoid cops and JAIL, just to get some good footage of two superb cars running on the highway for our myself and to share with fellow forum board members to enjoy.

I am not one to ever start a flame war. I respect all cars and I love modding and tuning cars. That is my passion, hobby and it's a part of my lifestyle. The main purpose of the videos here was not to say who's car is better. It's to compare a modded SL55 vs. a BMW M5 from 60-155 mph. And of course for me personally, I really wanted to see how all of my upgrades improved my car up against a M5.

So I am kindly asking you to stop.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:03 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
Nope. I'm wide awake!

Ugh. Buh bye!
Why do you feel the need to threaten? You are totally ridiculous you know that?

Just stop talking and writing so much. Just show up at the meet and I'll buy you some beers. If you are old enough....
Old 10-15-2007, 11:13 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by zoink
Ahhh... thanks for sharing.

Not mean to hijack the thread.... but these vids certainly make me feel a lot better...

I thought my car (RT/Evotech Stage 1) was weak or heat soaked or whatnot. I felt that I only gained a little, if at all, for races between 75-80 till 135-140. The M5 certainly got the jump (yes, 3 honks and I was slow in reaction and some other races I was behind him - so had to wait until I saw him WOT)... not sure whether the M5 was stock or not (appeared so nonetheless), not sure how good the driver was as compared to self-proclaimed CH and not sure whether the M5 had the A/C on (mine was on - just forgot due to the excitement of finally having an M5 that wanted to play ).

All I knew was the temp was high 60's, I drove like a grandma for most of the day, did couple hard runs by myself 15 minutes before I met this M5 and was in a bad traffic for 10 minutes before racing the M5. You experts go ahead and think how all of those impact 55k engine.
I really suggest you get some cooling mods. The IC pump upgrade I did really helped out. It's just like how CH explained. The power is always there! It's great. I really love the phenolic spacers too. I didn't measure the temps but I did the same mod to my E55 and I know that it works. The air charge temps are supposed to be cooler.

If I were you I'd get some headers!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Wouldn't miss this thursday for the world!!!, see you guys there. Hopefully the 15 yr old will show...
Old 10-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
And where is this meet? Hope it won't conflict with my schedule...
Just come after detention, bada$$.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Just come after detention, bada$$.

Listen kid,I think your done here.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:46 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
:
Originally Posted by Jrocket

Listen kid,I think your done here.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:59 AM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Question How do you think the new 2008 Audi RS6 would've faired against u guys?

How do you think the new 2008 Audi RS6 would've faired against u guys? (The sedan version that is coming to U.S. next year?)
Old 10-16-2007, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SL65amg
How do you think the new 2008 Audi RS6 would've faired against u guys? (The sedan version that is coming to U.S. next year?)
Good question, I'd say the performance of Sunny's car would be more telling. You have to factor in the parasitic effect of that AWD setup as well, especially at those speeds. I think it's going to be a tad slower than Sunny's car on the highway, but quicker from a dig.

I hate bench racing though, I want the damn RS6 to come out already, and I know Sunny is obsessed with it.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Would you guys please be quiet....the kid is finally sleeping!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by SL65amg
Wow....you hit it on the spot bro! I've been comtemplating that scenario in my head for awhile now. Yea, i'm kinda obsessed wth the new RS6. V10 twin turbo and AWD. Seems pretty perfect for the Northeast.

I hate bench racing too, but all we can do is speculate until the actual car comes out. I know Audi is going to do it right with this car and it's going to be easily modded. I figure Audi will be the top dogs until the new twin turbo M5/6 comes out, and hopefully all the rumors of the twin turbo 63 engines will be a reality.

I mean, come on MB AMG! If you guys are reading this...BMW is already testing twin turbo M5s in Germany, we are really need a twin turbo 63amg!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
OMG...by far best thread this past month Ownage to the fullest...

I got a date this Thurs.......F*** it, I'll be at Edgewater. See you guys there (and hopefully SoS as well).
Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Sunny55
Wow....you hit it on the spot bro! I've been comtemplating that scenario in my head for awhile now. Yea, i'm kinda obsessed wth the new RS6. V10 twin turbo and AWD. Seems pretty perfect for the Northeast.

I hate bench racing too, but all we can do is speculate until the actual car comes out. I know Audi is going to do it right with this car and it's going to be easily modded. I figure Audi will be the top dogs until the new twin turbo M5/6 comes out, and hopefully all the rumors of the twin turbo 63 engines will be a reality.

I mean, come on MB AMG! If you guys are reading this...BMW is already testing twin turbo M5s in Germany, we are really need a twin turbo 63amg!
I can just imagine the potential of a V10TT with AWD. It'll be a great car, and like you said, especially for the Northeast.

And don't worry, AMG will release a 6.3TT (See JackPro's thread)
Old 10-16-2007, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
OMG...by far best thread this past month Ownage to the fullest...

I got a date this Thurs.......F*** it, I'll be at Edgewater. See you guys there (and hopefully SoS as well).
Awesome dude. I really hope that we get some MBWorld cohesion at this next meet. I saw people from the boards there last time but everyone was so spread out and they stayed that way. There was a SICK, custom white RS4 that we obsessed over for 20 minutes, completely ignoring the maxed out GT2 next to it.

I doubt SoS will be there, I think this thread at Bungie.net will be the last nail in his coffin, and we're gonna have to wait till lunch time or 3:00 when his mommy picks him up for another denial:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.a...1-p=1#12520410

NationalSWAT991
More Posts by This User

group membership
Coast to Coast AM with George Noory.
Conspiracy Website. Lots of stuff.
A Mercedes Benz enthusiast forum board site.
A BMW M5/M6 Board.

And these are just a few of my sites.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 10-16-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:28 AM

grocery getter

Everything is perfect with the the new RS6...except for the tranny
Old 10-16-2007, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Awesome dude. I really hope that we get some MBWorld cohesion at this next meet. I saw people from the boards there last time but everyone was so spread out and they stayed that way. There was a SICK, custom white RS4 that we obsessed over for 20 minutes, completely ignoring the maxed out GT2 next to it.

I doubt SoS will be there, I think this thread at Bungie.net will be the last nail in his coffin, and we're gonna have to wait till lunch time or 3:00 when his mommy picks him up for another denial:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.a...1-p=1#12520410
Yes, I know that RS4, a real beauty. I also know the guys from that Porsche crew, real cool dudes. I'll talk to you about your Supra at the meet. See ya.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:31 PM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Not my dad's. Mine.

It's the M5 I meant to say.

M5/M6 > AMG. Period

Flame away! So anybody here want an SL55 AMG?
I'll take it.

I'll take care of shipping.

Edit: Just noticed the ownage. What a massacre!

Last edited by SteveFox; 10-16-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:43 PM

2004 E55 AMG
"jing cha jing cha" good filming and good eyes on road essentials for gf's who ride in the passenger seat!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:32 PM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Thumbs up Well damn

Well then it looks like in 2009 sometime we will be having you guys all racing Audi Twin-turbo V-10 RS6's against twin-turbo V-10's M5/M6's against twin-turbo 63 AMG V-8's. The horsepower wars are not about to stop soon and the cars in just the next year and two years are going to be a giant leap ahead in power and speed, and most likely high-tech gadgets and luxury.

All three of these twin-turbo engines will be easily tunable with just an ECU/Exhaust/Intake to well over 700 horsepower, and up over 800 with just a little work to the engine also. I guess mid 10's in the quarter will be the norm!!!

Food for thought guys: Just imagine what AMG is going to cook up for the next 65 AMG twin-turbo V-12. Picture it: It's gotta be the top dog engine out there period so it will have atleast 750 horsepower, twin-turbo bored out and strengthened V-12, updated 48-Valve DOHC design, possibly direct injection, superfast next-generation AMG designed transmission and LSD. ECU update to 900 horsepower anyone? 1/4 mile in the 9's? Now picture that engine and trans in the next generation SLC for instance with a much lighter body/chassis design. The horsepower wars are awesome indeed.

Last edited by SL65amg; 10-16-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
I really suggest you get some cooling mods. The IC pump upgrade I did really helped out. It's just like how CH explained. The power is always there! It's great. I really love the phenolic spacers too. I didn't measure the temps but I did the same mod to my E55 and I know that it works. The air charge temps are supposed to be cooler.

If I were you I'd get some headers!
Sunny, is your cooling upgrade just the pump or is it bigger HE? If just the pump, you use johnson?

I've been considering the cooling upgrade.... but I also want headers to remove the bottleneck

Anyway, w/ cooler weather coming, I should be able to notice a lot easily if I lose power after several hard runs and need to upgrade my cooling first. I know I should get data logger to be completely certain.

BTW, you may have posted in separate thread.... but what kind of numbers are you putting w/ K2?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55 AMG vs. BMW M5 vs......LP640!?!?!?