Wow, what a poser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by FCB1
I have neighbor a block down from me that owns a CLS 500 with a poser AMG badge on the right side. I love revving my engine as I pass by his house.
I guess you're much better than him because you have a "true AMG." Congrats.

Perhaps you need to drive a GEO for a yr in your life and maybe you'll mature up a bit.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SDSL
DirtyVegasMB: Amen...where do I sign up to get the last five minutes of my life back.

To those that have appointed themselves "Defender of All-things AMG", I applaud your zeal, but I think some day you'll look back on your laborious posts here and feel a little embarassed for yourselves. Lord knows, I'm a little embarassed for you.

Does someone you don't know putting a five x two inch badge on his car really get you guys this worked up? While I agree that it's probably not in good taste to AMG badge your car I'm pretty far from getting foamed-up at the mouth about it as many of you all seem to.

But then again, as an SL owner, I'm automatically genetically superior, far wealthier and a bona-fide car enthusiast than all C, E, CLK, SLK and ML owners But this thread has been entertaining in that it's a peek at what the little-people fight about.

P.S. I was down at MBSD the other day, and I saw not one but two non-AMG cars sporting an AMG badge, so y'all better grab your torches and pitchforks and head down there before the perps get away !
Best attitude so far. I agree with you completely. Even the arrogant sarcasm is actually funny. I like. Seriously, the rest of you guys should learn from thsi fella. I think he's got it down.

Yes, the rest of you, stop foaming at the mouth. Haha. I'm loving it.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by zoomie

Perhaps you need to drive a GEO for a yr in your life and maybe you'll mature up a bit.
Drive a GEO? you are in college and your parents bought you a MB. did you ever drive a geo? or make a $ of your own money?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Don't know about that, but he sure gets bonus points for NOT pretending to be something he isn't.

What does driving a GEO have to do with fraudulently trying to pass off a non-AMG car as an AMG?

Last edited by Improviz; 11-13-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
Originally Posted by SDSL
DirtyVegasMB: Amen...where do I sign up to get the last five minutes of my life back.

To those that have appointed themselves "Defender of All-things AMG", I applaud your zeal, but I think some day you'll look back on your laborious posts here and feel a little embarassed for yourselves. Lord knows, I'm a little embarassed for you.

Does someone you don't know putting a five x two inch badge on his car really get you guys this worked up? While I agree that it's probably not in good taste to AMG badge your car I'm pretty far from getting foamed-up at the mouth about it as many of you all seem to.

But then again, as an SL owner, I'm automatically genetically superior, far wealthier and a bona-fide car enthusiast than all C, E, CLK, SLK and ML owners But this thread has been entertaining in that it's a peek at what the little-people fight about.

P.S. I was down at MBSD the other day, and I saw not one but two non-AMG cars sporting an AMG badge, so y'all better grab your torches and pitchforks and head down there before the perps get away !

Good to konw i'm not the only one seeing a MB dealer (MBSD as i said before)putting a AMG badge on a non-AMG car. So i guess those of you who want to file a "lawsuit for misrepresentation" should head down to MBSD.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
Hahah, guys who really have it all made rarely need to brag about it. "My own business." Dude, everyone's got there own business nowadays. Calm down. I also don't need to knw that you were typing stuff on your "iphone." Referring to a "cell phone" would be just fine.

You seriously got some confidence issues at hand.

Concerning the AMG thing, we realize that AMG doesn't make parts. It doesn't matter. When they have parts made and put their name on it, they own it. It's theirs. It's AMG.

And relax. If smoiking someone on the road is the only that thing makes you happy, you probably don't have much to live for. Now go play with your iphone.

I don’t care what you need or not need to know. I stated that my spelling sucked because of typing on the iPhone is impossible, because it is. Having to punch a screen for your words is a lil different than punching down on a key-pad. Just stick to making GEO comments and don't talk about me kid.

Last edited by user 76208202; 11-13-2007 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Improviz
I can guarantee you that there is no such thing as a "CLK430 AMG". Let's be clear here: an AMG is not a package. It is a model. So far, the only CLK AMG models produced have been the CLK55 and the CLK63/CLK63BS.

The AMG line is a separate model line from regular Mercedes cars. They have hand built engines, different brakes, suspension, etc. etc. etc., and their numbers for engine displacement are ALWAYS designated with two digits (CLK55, CLK63, S65, etc.) to differentiate them from the NON-AMG models, which use three digits (CLK430, S550, SL600, etc.).

If your CLK430 had an AMG badge on the rear decklid when new, the dealer put it on. Simple as that.
I had a 2001 CLK430 and when I picked it up from the dealer it didn't have an AMG badge. There has been some misinformation on this thread that AMG badging of non-AMG cars come from the factory...it was always my understanding that it happened at PDI or at the dealership. What your dealership does locally isn't controlled by MB and most likely not condoned officially.

I never put the AMG badge on because:

1. I loved the CLK430 the way it was...it was what I could afford at the time and I loved it's styling. I loved that car...
2. I didn't feel like getting toasted by a CLK55, because the cache of an AMG badge just couldn't match the AMG engine in the CLK55. For some reason the AMG bodykit didn't match the oomph of the CLK55, either. It looked good though.

This issue will never end...to each his own. I think I'll keep my debadged E55...wait...I could put on E65 and V12 badges...here I come Ebay!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:34 AM

E 211
Originally Posted by amgmark
You seem to make many little mistakes.

I go there all the time and know one of the senior managers and a couple of other guys there. Was this a brand new E350 or was it used?

Just because you mentioned this I will be sure to call my buddy there to see what he says. I am on that lot often and have never seen anything like you described.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
Originally Posted by GoDav AMG
I wonder what happend to AMGMark . As SDSL said there was some non-AMG benzo's on the lot with AMG badges.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:00 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
I just wanted to clear something up...

The original subject was regarding an owner that removed his E350 badges and 'upbadged' entirely to an E63 AMG.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
Originally Posted by dsb
I just wanted to clear something up...

The original subject was regarding an owner that removed his E350 badges and 'upbadged' entirely to an E63 AMG.

I'm lost...he took off the E350 badge and put a E63 badge? Or unbadged as in had no badges on the car?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

Don't know about that, but he sure gets bonus points for NOT pretending to be something he isn't.

What does driving a GEO have to do with fraudulently trying to pass off a non-AMG car as an AMG?

These guys just seem to think they're so much better than everyone b/c they have an amg car...and they're looking down on people who have the badge and not the engine. Perhaps these fellas need to sit as low as they are on the totem pole and stop driving mercedes....and then perhaps they won't have this entitlement complex.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
I don’t care what you need or not need to know. I stated that my spelling sucked because of typing on the iPhone is impossible, because it is. Having to punch a screen for your words is a lil different than punching down on a key-pad. Just stick to making GEO comments and don't talk about me kid.
I'm on your side buddy. Read up.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned

In my last effort to understand you people and your logic, may I ask a question?

1. What do you think of AMG rims on so-called "non-amg" cars?....given that the AMG logo obviously cannot be removed as an engravement on the face of a rim.

And while we're on the subject,

2. Your POV on replica rims?

3. Your POV on AMG logos on cars other than a badge....seat belt pads, flat emblem, rims, stickers, etc.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:16 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
These guys just seem to think they're so much better than everyone b/c they have an amg car...and they're looking down on people who have the badge and not the engine. Perhaps these fellas need to sit as low as they are on the totem pole and stop driving mercedes....and then perhaps they won't have this entitlement complex.

Totem pole this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYenWHy9jHA

That's what ///AMG is about! Not the $100 decal, or the rims or whatever else you ADD to a base car! I don't understand why U and Amiricanmade can't comprehend that?
Old 11-13-2007, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
In my last effort to understand you people and your logic, may I ask a question?

1. What do you think of AMG rims on so-called "non-amg" cars?....given that the AMG logo obviously cannot be removed as an engravement on the face of a rim.

And while we're on the subject,

2. Your POV on replica rims?

3. Your POV on AMG logos on cars other than a badge....seat belt pads, flat emblem, rims, stickers, etc.
I'm not one to judge.

Last edited by Chappy; 11-13-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Best attitude so far. I agree with you completely. Even the arrogant sarcasm is actually funny. I like. Seriously, the rest of you guys should learn from thsi fella. I think he's got it down.

Yes, the rest of you, stop foaming at the mouth. Haha. I'm loving it.
You're loving it 'cause you drive a C230. The bottom line is there are no non-AMG cars that ever came with the badge, period. It's been confirmed by AMG themselves. No one here is looking "down" or "foaming at the mouth" over those who feel they must either:

A. Add the badge or re-badge their existing car to make it what it's not.

OR

B. CLAIM the badge came "on the car from the factory". It didn't.

It's just entertaining to see people claim to be, or own, something that isn't. I don't see it as flattering, more like pathetic, but hey, to each his own.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
Totem pole this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYenWHy9jHA

That's what ///AMG is about! Not the $100 decal, or the rims or whatever else you ADD to a base car! I don't understand why U and Amiricanmade can't comprehend that?
Sedan beats a 2-door american exotic. Thanks for the video.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
My ride has the C32 kit stock for the 2005 which comes with AMG everything except engine.
This statement is incorrect. Would you care to re-state?

Hint:

Brakes
Transmission
Suspension
Nappa leather
Instruments
Blue tinted glass
Exhaust
Wheels

FROM MBUSA (2004 C32):

Engine
AMG-built intercooled supercharged SOHC 18 valve 90 degree V-6. High-pressure die-cast alloy cylinder block. Alloy cylinder heads. Reinforced crankshaft and valvetrain. Lightweight camshafts.

Automatic transmission
AMG-enhanced driver-adaptive electronic 5-speed. Touch Shift allows driver to manually downshift and allow upshifts by nudging the shift lever left or right from the Drive position.

AMG Speedshift™ programming provides up to 35% faster gear changes, automatically downshifts during braking, prevents unwanted upshifting while cornering, offers one-touch selection of the best gear for maximum acceleration (Shift into Optimum Gear), and features torque converter lockup in all forward gears. Transmission also includes driver-selectable comfort mode and instrument-cluster display of selected gear range/mode.

Seating & Trim
10-way power front seats, each with 3-position memory. Driver's seat memory includes steering column and outside mirror positions. Memory stations are linked to each SmartKey's user-recognition feature.

Sport front seats.

Heated front seats.

60/40-split folding rear seatbacks and flip-forward seat cushions and center-armrest pass-through.

AMG-design Charcoal or two-tone leather upholstery on all seat surfaces (including head restraints and front seatbacks) plus door trim inserts and AMG-design sport steering wheel. AMG-design shift knob.

Textured aluminum trim on doors, dash and console.

Velour floor carpeting and exclusive AMG floor mats.

Chassis
Front Suspension Independent 3-link with antidive geometry. Coil springs over gas-pressurized shock absorbers. Stabilizer bar.

Rear Suspension Independent 5-arm multilink with geometry for antisquat and alignment control. Separate coil springs and gas-pressurized shock absorbers. Stabilizer bar.

Sport Suspension AMG-tuned coil springs and gas-pressurized shock absorbers. Thicker front and rear stabilizer bars.

Steering Rack-and-pinion with power assist and integral hydraulic damper. Turning circle: 35.3 ft/10.76 m curb-to-curb.

Steering wheel turns lock-to-lock 3.3.

Wheels Aluminum-alloy standard. Polished AMG double-spoke design. 7.5J x 17 front, 8.5J x 17 rear.

Tires 225/45 ZR17 front, 245/40 ZR17 rear, high performance.1

Brakes AMG-enhanced dual-circuit power-assisted 4-wheel disc. Enlarged perforated and internally ventilated front discs with 4-piston fixed-type calipers. Ventilated rear discs with dual-piston fixed-type calipers.

FROM MBUSA (2005 C230 Sport):

Engine
1,796-cc supercharged DOHC 16-valve inline-4. Aluminum-alloy block and head. Variable intake-valve timing. Roots-type supercharger with intercooler.

Manual Transmission
Standard fully synchronized short-throw 6-speed.

Automatic Transmission
Optional driver-adaptive electronic automatic with Touch Shift manual-style control. Shift into Optimum Gear offers one-touch selection of the optimum gear for maximum acceleration. Driver-selectable comfort mode starts vehicle moving in 2nd gear or a second Reverse gear, and upshifts at lower rpm, to help improve control on slippery surfaces. Instrument-cluster readout of selected gear range and mode.

Front suspension Independent 3-link with antidive geometry. Coil springs over gas-pressurized shock absorbers. Stabilizer bar.

Rear suspension Independent 5-arm multilink with geometry for antisquat and alignment control. Separate coil springs and gas-pressurized shock absorbers. Stabilizer bar.

Sport suspension Sport-tuned shock absorbers. Thicker front and rear stabilizer bars.

Steering type Rack-and-pinion with power assist and integral hydraulic damper.

Turning circle 35.3 ft/10.76 m curb-to-curb.

Steering wheel turns 2.8 lock-to-lock.

Wheels Standard aluminum-alloy 5-spoke design. 7.5J x 17 front, 8.5J x 17 rear.

Tires 225/45 ZR17 front, 245/40 Z17 rear. High performance.1

Brakes Dual-circuit power-assisted 4-wheel disc brakes. Enlarged perforated and ventilated front discs. Solid rear disks. Dual piston fixed front and single piston floating rear calipers.

Seating & Trim

10-way adjustable front seats, with power adjustment for height and recline.

Sport front seats.

M-B Tex upholstery with leather front seating inserts.

Linear-pattern aluminum trim.

Rubber-studded aluminum pedals.

Your salesman prolly gave you an AMG keychain too.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
[QUOTE=padrino;2496294]
I have a (real) E63 also and although I laugh at cars like the "C32" I saw last week I don't have the superiority complex I am getting hints of in this thread.

WOW, whats up with the attitude

I would REALLY like to see you laughing, in my rear view mirror, around Beaverun, or ANY road course. Oh yeah in my pathic little "Real AMG" C32.

You my friend have WAY too much money, and are in need of a little humble pie.

See yeah

PS: PM for a meet at a road course, PLEASE
Old 11-13-2007, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
These guys just seem to think they're so much better than everyone b/c they have an amg car...
False. We are looking down on people who fraudulently try to pass off a non-AMG model as an AMG model. We would look down on someone who tried to pass off a six cylinder Camaro as a Camaro SS with the same disdain, or at someone who tried to pass off a regular Scoobie as a WRX-STi....disgust with fakery and deception are not brand dependent.

and they're looking down on people who have the badge and not the engine.
Yes, if their car is not an AMG model and they are fraudulently trying to pass off their car as an AMG model. This is dishonest. AMG *models* are the only Mercedes to wear AMG badges on the back, and this is because (as Chappy explains quite well by showing the differences) it is a separate model.

This is NO DIFFERENT than taking an E320 and sticking an E500 badge on it. It is fakery, it is deceptive, it is patently ridiculous.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
This thread is getting tossed around. Ok...so i claimed that some MB's come with the AMG badge from the dealer and i was correct. However; i was incorrect in thinking the factory puts that one.....i realized that the MB dealer puts it on.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG

You seem to have a great difficulty differentiating between an AMG wheel and an AMG car.

Let me ask you this: if Chevrolet sold a Camaro V6 with Camaro SS wheels, would the V6 magically become a Camaro SS?

Or, if I stuck E550 wheels on an E350, does that make the E350 an E550??

The fact that some Mercedes come with AMG wheels (which are NOT, btw, the same wheels that come on AMG cars) hardly means that the car itself is transformed into an AMG by the mere addition of wheels.

Is this all that difficult to comprehend?

An AMG badge denotes a different thing altogether. Adding wheels with "AMG" written on them does not an AMG make, any more than sticking Z06 wheels on a C6 makes it a Z06.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
False. We are looking down on people who fraudulently try to pass off a non-AMG model as an AMG model. We would look down on someone who tried to pass off a six cylinder Camaro as a Camaro SS with the same disdain, or at someone who tried to pass off a regular Scoobie as a WRX-STi....disgust with fakery and deception are not brand dependent.

Yes, if their car is not an AMG model and they are fraudulently trying to pass off their car as an AMG model. This is dishonest. AMG *models* are the only Mercedes to wear AMG badges on the back, and this is because (as Chappy explains quite well by showing the differences) it is a separate model.

This is NO DIFFERENT than taking an E320 and sticking an E500 badge on it. It is fakery, it is deceptive, it is patently ridiculous.

Perfectly stated. And I'm not even an AMG owner.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:04 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
I'm lost...he took off the E350 badge and put a E63 badge? Or unbadged as in had no badges on the car?
Yes, he took the E350 off. He put E63 and AMG on the back. He then put the 6.3 logo on the front fenders like a true E63.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wow, what a poser