W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** VRP Headers ***

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
does anyone know labor times (book times) for LT header install on E55, SL55?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:12 AM

You name it i've had it or got it...
Originally Posted by SteveL
I agree, Chris (Floored Fab) is awesome. I can't give him a too high of a recommendation. I drove my SLK32 from the bay area to Phoenix to have headers made and it has turned into a much bigger upgrade including headers, custom exhaust, LSD, cooling kit upgrade with remote reservoir in the trunk, oil catch can, interior leather wrap. I had to drive 700 miles but I think it will turn out to be well worth it. Some links to a few pics. Because the SLK has a very large steering box, he had to come up with a pretty innovative design.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1194479529
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...2&d=1194479529
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...4&d=1194479529

Here are a few pics, including the headers and a link to a thread with many more pics.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170...nterested.html
Yes and it is the dayum LSD that is screwing it up for the rest of us...lol
Old 11-08-2007, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
You guys crack me up!!! How about saving a little bit for some of the out of town interests....
actually there's plenty of out of town consideration in my statement. who's car do you think he does all the mock-ups on?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by chiromikey
would you get that diff done and quit hogging the lift! others need work done too you know!?!?
agreed...and that goes for you too....you are messing up the wait for the rest of us. that and the fact that since you are so close to me i know have to compete with you...thanks...thanks a lot!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rbtronnie5
agreed...and that goes for you too....you are messing up the wait for the rest of us. that and the fact that since you are so close to me i know have to compete with you...thanks...thanks a lot!!!
man...every dog for himself around here tonight huh!
Old 11-08-2007, 02:23 AM

man...every dog for himself around here tonight huh!
funny thing was chris was like look if you can convince mike to take his car home and bring it back when the parts come i might be able to squeeze in an exhaust for your sl....lol. i was like hmmmm time to make a phone call....hey mike...umm you mind taking your car home so i can get at least my exhaust done? heheh
Old 11-08-2007, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

when i dropped it off i was under the impression that the steve's car would be done shortly. now it seems his diff won't even be here until next week.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Please can someone come up with an equal length shorty with a good collector as an OEM replacement. You will outsell any log style or long tube if you did.... and dont tell me there aint space .....Have you guys seen the header on the M3's motor ? ... friggin work of art ... would love to have something like that fabbed up for the beast... and I would pay good money for it too.

EDIT: Not trying to bst yre b*lls Vic - I appreciate all your mods - and have most of them ... !!! But a header design similar to this one below would sell like friggin hot cakes - and even at a high price I would think. The log one above is a duplication of what we have seen before. Its not really anything different or new. The long tube will have limited appetite since the exhaust needs to be chopped up and the primary cats need to be booted. Not everyone is keen on this degree of modification. Just my 2c.
Attached Thumbnails *** VRP Headers ***-0703_a-2008_bmw_m3_engine-2.jpg  

Last edited by stevebez; 11-08-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:59 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by stevebez
Please can someone come up with an equal length shorty with a good collector as an OEM replacement. You will outsell any log style or long tube if you did.... and dont tell me there aint space .....Have you guys seen the header on the M3's motor ? ... friggin work of art ... would love to have something like that fabbed up for the beast... and I would pay good money for it too.
although i do agree that it looks very nice, so does the stock M5 headers, but does it function? the same for the 55k motor?
just because it looks the business does not always mean it is
although i might be wrong
Old 11-08-2007, 05:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Well looks might not be everything, but lets face it why put on a CF airbox.... If it looked like a dog - I doubt anyone would even try it, even if it made 10 crank hp.

I cant speak for everyone obviously but for me I would pay up for a true shorty OEM replacement (similar to above) obviously its design would take much longer and the fab would be more difficult etc etc but I am sure it can be done ...

The long tube design is not 100% equal length either and it does need a larger collector. The lengths do seem closer to equal length than the supersprint version. Fitment needs modification of down pipes, removal of primary cat and O2 sensor relocation.... not something I am interested in doing. Please correct me if I am wrong here Vic.

Again my personal opinion... YMMV!

Last edited by stevebez; 11-08-2007 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:31 AM

C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
would you get that diff done and quit hogging the lift! others need work done too you know!?!?
Tell me about it. Waiting is driving me crazy...

Last edited by SteveL; 11-08-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:57 AM

junk
i thought equal length headers didnt matter on f/i cars? no?

EDIT: Not trying to bst yre b*lls Vic - I appreciate all your mods - and have most of them ... !!! But a header design similar to this one below would sell like friggin hot cakes - and even at a high price I would think. The log one above is a duplication of what we have seen before. Its not really anything different or new. The long tube will have limited appetite since the exhaust needs to be chopped up and the primary cats need to be booted. Not everyone is keen on this degree of modification. Just my 2c.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 AM

SLK32
Originally Posted by SteveL
Tell me about it. Waiting is driving me crazy...

Steve it is driving us all crazy. We want to see the results of Chris's work .
Old 11-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Long tubes require alot of cutting and welding but they make alot more power.

These particular shorties were installed in 2hrs from what Chris mentioned.

Originally Posted by phatmitzu
How difficult is to install the long tube comparing to the shorties?
I appreciate the input.

My Evosport headers netted me 30rwhp and 30rwtq when I put them on my car so they are comparative in power to the shorties I pictured here. Of course, I wouldnt replace 1 shorty for another one... But, if I was at the beginning with no headers trying to decide what to do, and I had a dyno that showed the power increase, I would spend $1500 for these.. I think its good value for money and that was the driving point behind choosing to offer them.

For the real horsepower freaks these long tubes is where its at..

Originally Posted by Scud E55
Because it is. The dyno graph for these show most of the gains are in the very upper end of the RPM band - not that useful for daily driving. Will/would you replace your current Evosport shorties with these?

It would be interesting to compare dyno graphs of the Evo shorty headers on an otherwise stock car with these on a stock car, but at the end of the day, these don't look to be much more than slightly oversized stock manifolds. I'm rather underwhelmed by these since so much of your other stuff has been comparatively outstanding and unique compared to these. Nonetheless, kudos for keeping the stuff coming!
I have been working on a version for the 63 with Vadim. We have the flanges... We are working on the headers now..

For the 63 we have: X-pipes, custom filters, phenolic spacers, headers and a tune. The filters are in production. The headers are being worked on.

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Will these work for the 63 ????

If not, what is the latest development on 63 tuning?
They will fit on the CLS. The CEL will light unless you extend and relocate the O2 sensors. Sound level is louder but not major.. The mufflers account for most of the sound muffling on these cars so unless you change those, it wont be anything outrageous.

Originally Posted by MafiosoCLS55
Will the long tube headers fit on a CLS 55?? And are there any sign of indicator lights popping up on the dash from the long tubes? Also will the sound level of the car be significantly louder? GREAT work by the way

You guys are all going to have to go to the back of the line!! Chris needs to get my 40 sets of headers and 20 sets of intercoolers built within the next 8 weeks so I dont think you can get anything done until Feb of next year.. hahahahahahahahahahaha....

Its going to be a good 4hr job I would assume. Welding & cutting is required.

Originally Posted by tommy25000
does anyone know labor times (book times) for LT header install on E55, SL55?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Steve... No worries... The equal length is not as critical on F/I cars as someone else said.

For the 63 headers, we are going to look at doing something as close to equal length as possible.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Just in case you guys dont remember what these look like installed, below are some shots of the finished product.

MEGA THANKS to Chiromikey for doing all the fitment and testing.. Thanks bud!! I appreciate all the help and input!

The long tubes can be made to mate up to your stock middle section by cutting and welding on a flange..

There will be another option for those who also want a built in X-pipe and high flow cats.. Below you can see pics of the optional middle section which I am having a few made of also. I dont have exact pricing yet, but it will be in the $1400 range when all is said and done.

So, for approx $4,000 you will have a complete exhaust solution that connects to the rear stock mufflers.

If I am not mistaken, Mikey picked up something like (EDIT: I'll get the dyno charts and post them)...

Last edited by vrus; 11-08-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by vrus
If I am not mistaken, Mikey picked up something like 70hp...
no offence to anyone but i call
Old 11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I am not really sure what the end result was... I need to get some dyno charts.. This was from conversations I had with Chris on the phone...

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
no offence to anyone but i call
Old 11-08-2007, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
I am not really sure what the end result was... I need to get some dyno charts.. This was from conversations I had with Chris on the phone...
i sent you E-mail
Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 PM

junk

70ish hp on the 63???
Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, Audi S4, 1965 Goat
I'm super interested in the shorty's (keeping EPA is a plus in California) for the 63. 28 rwhp woould be a very nice gain for 1500 bones... plus I'm sure the sound would be great. Mmmmmm
Old 11-08-2007, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

iirc, i picked up around 80rwhp on a dyno dynamics machine from exhaust and pulley...but more importantly i picked up 6/10ths and 5mph at the track.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
iirc, i picked up around 80rwhp on a dyno dynamics machine from exhaust and pulley...but more importantly i picked up 6/10ths and 5mph at the track.
that makes 100% sence! i know vic wouldnt make **** up but i knew he had a typo!
mikey did you use the ASP pully? if so that is some serious cheep HP for the headers and pully.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
that makes 100% sence! i know vic wouldnt make **** up but i knew he had a typo!
mikey did you use the ASP pully? if so that is some serious cheep HP for the headers and pully.
yes, asp pulley and a very rich tune.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I would like to extend an offer to the first person who replies that is located in California...

I would be willing to offer the shorty headers to you for $1250 INSTALLED.. All you have to do is put out for a before/after dyno. That will give us the hard facts on how much power they will make.

I will arrange through Vadim in SoCal to have them installed for you.

Any takers?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP Headers ***