02 S500 Sport
Up and Running?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Gondon
Up and Running?
+1 is there any updates on this yet? Anything at all, even just a teaser.....
Old 03-31-2009, 12:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65 VRP1000 and 20" Monolites
Here's a quick update..

But before I start, I want to say that NO ONE wants this car done more than me, it has been a terribly long build job, and one that should have been completed long ago..

Anyway, about 2 weeks ago Vadim got the beast on the dyno and she ran 607whp.. That was w/o the rear turbos.. Just the intake, IC, cam, heads, etc.

The rear turbos were plumbed, but one of the turbos wasn't working correctly, (bearings) and so that dyno run Vadim thinks would have been about 620-630 if the turbos wouldn't have been in place to restrict the flow.

So, then Vadim took off the bad turbo, sent it in to Garrett, and had them rebuild it..

He got the turbo back last Thursday, and should have it installed by today..

So, it should be on the dyno tomorrow or Wednesday..

That's the latest..
Old 03-31-2009, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by New2this
Here's a quick update..

But before I start, I want to say that NO ONE wants this car done more than me, it has been a terribly long build job, and one that should have been completed long ago..

Anyway, about 2 weeks ago Vadim got the beast on the dyno and she ran 607whp.. That was w/o the rear turbos.. Just the intake, IC, cam, heads, etc.

The rear turbos were plumbed, but one of the turbos wasn't working correctly, (bearings) and so that dyno run Vadim thinks would have been about 620-630 if the turbos wouldn't have been in place to restrict the flow.

So, then Vadim took off the bad turbo, sent it in to Garrett, and had them rebuild it..

He got the turbo back last Thursday, and should have it installed by today..

So, it should be on the dyno tomorrow or Wednesday..

That's the latest..
Kudos to you for havin the patience. I honestly would have given up a LONG time ago...
Old 04-26-2009, 02:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
what are the Updates here Gents?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Z06 twin turbo
Did you weld that with a spatula and a turkey baster ? Or JB weld ..... I mean at least make the cuts clean... What were you thinking making that on a mercedes , how about just changing the turbos in the front instead of making all that piping what is that like 60 linear feet of piping???

Last edited by BowtieTillIDie; 04-28-2009 at 01:14 AM. Reason: clarifying my statement
Old 04-28-2009, 01:59 PM

07 E63 AMG / 07 C230 / 14 E350
Lots of angry horses in this motors...that wants to get out!!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:36 PM

Z06 twin turbo
angry horses??? lol far from it !!!!!!!! looks like the horses are sleeping more like it
Old 04-28-2009, 03:56 PM

07 E63 AMG / 07 C230 / 14 E350
Originally Posted by BowtieTillIDie
angry horses??? lol far from it !!!!!!!! looks like the horses are sleeping more like it
LOL....
Old 04-28-2009, 04:25 PM

Z06 twin turbo
Old 05-03-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Come on Folks.Give us something
Old 05-03-2009, 04:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
Bump for some information...
Old 05-03-2009, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
He got his SL65 back, w/out the extra REAR mounted turbo's, seems the project took over a year+ & wasn't finished, other mods/repairs were completed
New2this
: Vadim has bypassed the rear turbos and is slated to go on the dyno this week.

The reason: He wants to get the tune right in stages.. ie, not have too many upgrades at one time.. so as to help with any troubleshooting that may pop up.

So, the last time the car was on the dyno it ran 571whp, with the scorpion intake and the upgraded intercoolers.

Now, it will run with the bigger cams, and ported and polished heads, and a port matched intake..

We are expecting about 15-20whp increase this week with those upgrades.
I don't know what will come of the previously mocked-up rear Turbo setup? Last I heard he's finally enjoying some seat time w/out them
Old 05-03-2009, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Thericker
He got his SL65 back, w/out the extra REAR mounted turbo's, seems the project took over a year+ & wasn't finished, other mods/repairs were completed
I don't know what will come of the previously mocked-up rear Turbo setup? Last I heard he's finally enjoying some seat time w/out them
Don't say the project got canceled. I was really hoping to see a 1000 hp AMG
Old 05-03-2009, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Don't say the project got canceled. I was really hoping to see a 1000 hp AMG
I've been waiting for the QT 1000 hp V12 as well. Not sure if the project was canceled or not, but it sounds like the rear turbos are a no go for now.

I haven't given up yet! I know my project has been almost as long in the making, but Vadim is currently fabricating some intake mods that will definitely help my 5.7L Kompressor produce some insane numbers. The rear turbos are on hold for me as well; just wish we were able to find a bigger blower. I'll probably have to settle for 800 hp which is still good in my book.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:03 AM

SL65 VRP1000 and 20" Monolites
I have the car back..

The project had to be abandoned..

Way too much drama for me..

I posted my first "street run" about a week and a half ago.. VR825 SL65 v GTR or something like that..

The car runs OK.. to be totally honest, I'm not 100% satified with how it is running.. pretty frustrated actually..

According to Vadim, it has around 620 hp at the wheels.. no idea on the torque numbers..

I obviously sent the car to Vadim's shop and spent plenty of time and money to get "EXTREME" performance.. which I did not get..

It runs good don't get me wrong, but it's not "nasty" which is what I was hoping for..maybe the car is just too heavy, or too refined.. or too something.. but it's not neck snapping, hold on for your f-ing life quick like I had originally planned..

The rear turbos are not installed.. that was a point of drama that I guess I will chose not to rehash, but anyway, as far as I can tell, I have the VR825 package..New ICs/pump, Scorpion Intake, heads ported and polished, bigger cams, beefy parts in the tranny, and a new tune.

It's actually for sale if anyone is interested..it'll out run any RennTech SL65 out there, I'm sure.. just too much history for me..

PM me for details if you're interested..

Last edited by New2this; 05-04-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I have the car back..

I posted my first "street run" about a week and a half ago.. VR825 SL65 v GTR or something like that..

The car runs OK.. to be totally honest, I'm not 100% satified with how it is running.. pretty frustrated actually..

According to Vadim, it has around 620 hp at the wheels.. no idea on the torque numbers..

I obviously sent the car to Vadim's shop and spent plenty of time and money to get "EXTREME" performance.. which I did not get..

It runs good don't get me wrong, but it's not "nasty" which is what I was hoping for..maybe the car is just too heavy, or too refined.. or too something.. but it's not neck snapping, hold on for your f-ing life quick like I had originally planned..

The rear turbos are not installed.. that was a point of drama that I guess I will chose not to rehash, but anyway, as far as I can tell, I have the VR825 package..New ICs/pump, Scorpion Intake, heads ported and polished, bigger cams, beefy parts in the tranny, and a new tune.

It's actually for sale if anyone is interested..it'll out run any RennTech SL65 out there, I'm sure.. just too much history for me..

Being as customized as it is an independent dyno would help your sale a lot, also to pass along to us potential buyers of this VRP825 kit no one has dyno'd (any VRP825 w/93 tune, I was under te impression your tune was set for 93? but even if not you really need to get proper RWTO readings) please do so, infact if you're able to triangulate business visit w/dyno in CA I'd be willing to meet you @ say Evosport & we can both get ours dyno'd (I'll happily pay half your Dyno fee to hopefully get this RWTO & 93 tune info posted on the forum)

NO one to date has posted actual rwhp/rwto#'s from a 93 Tuned VRP825, they're all set for a 100+octane on the rest of the VRP825 pkgs running around, I think that high an octane is way too impractical possibly dangerous if you get a hold of some bad gas (or just lower than what a 100+ tune requires) we have no baseline 825pkg set @ 93 Oct Tune, this is very important & needed as most states can only gete 93 Octane & us CA guys can just mix CA 91 w/Torco (still very safe, MB engines knock sensors will just pull power if all you could get was 91 w/out hurting engine 1 bit) "So I've been told by many tuners (Damnit! no smiley for fingers crossed)
Old 05-04-2009, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63

NEW2THIS, Sorry to hear you're not happy with the work done to your car.
Is this the same car that was getting work done over 18 months ago? Damn, if so what happenned with the turbos Well I hope you have dyno sheets from the shop that did the work.. I'll PM you later today. I may have a shop that would b willing to finish up your quad setup
Old 05-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Why must people make things so complicated? 4 turbos is NOT necessarily better than two! If you want more power find a way to replace the stock turbos with bigger ones or replace the wheels in the turbos if possible. I dont see how it makes ANY sense in putting two bigger turbos after two smaller turbos as the 2 smaller turbos will become a restriction when the bigger turbos want to flow more air than the smaller turbos can handle (at least I think so). Either replace the stock turbos in the factory location or completely remove them and add two bigger turbos in the back.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Why must people make things so complicated? 4 turbos is NOT necessarily better than two! If you want more power find a way to replace the stock turbos with bigger ones or replace the wheels in the turbos if possible. I dont see how it makes ANY sense in putting two bigger turbos after two smaller turbos as the 2 smaller turbos will become a restriction when the bigger turbos want to flow more air than the smaller turbos can handle (at least I think so). Either replace the stock turbos in the factory location or completely remove them and add two bigger turbos in the back.
the brabus ones we had over here put out 590 whp with the reflsh & new turbo part

Last edited by Zod; 05-04-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,069 Likes on 857 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by Thericker
Being as customized as it is an independent dyno would help your sale a lot, also to pass along to us potential buyers of this VRP825 kit no one has dyno'd (any VRP825 w/93 tune, I was under te impression your tune was set for 93? but even if not you really need to get proper RWTO readings) please do so, infact if you're able to triangulate business visit w/dyno in CA I'd be willing to meet you @ say Evosport & we can both get ours dyno'd (I'll happily pay half your Dyno fee to hopefully get this RWTO & 93 tune info posted on the forum)

NO one to date has posted actual rwhp/rwto#'s from a 93 Tuned VRP825, they're all set for a 100+octane on the rest of the VRP825 pkgs running around, I think that high an octane is way too impractical possibly dangerous if you get a hold of some bad gas (or just lower than what a 100+ tune requires) we have no baseline 825pkg set @ 93 Oct Tune, this is very important & needed as most states can only gete 93 Octane & us CA guys can just mix CA 91 w/Torco (still very safe, MB engines knock sensors will just pull power if all you could get was 91 w/out hurting engine 1 bit) "So I've been told by many tuners (Damnit! no smiley for fingers crossed)
Yes, take it to an independent dyno shop and see what it makes on their dyno.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:56 PM

SLK55 AMG
this thread started in Dec 07, and now we are in May 09 are you people telling me that after 2.5 years, i will still not see a quad turbo 1000 hp SL65
Old 05-04-2009, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I have the car back..

I'm sorry to hear about all the "drama" you went through, I was really hoping to see your car break the 1000 hp mark

You should at least keep the car for a while at least to enjoy it a bit more after the long wait.

Good luck to you whatever your decision may be and thanks for sharing your modding experience with all of us
Old 05-04-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
ouch!!

You really have alot of composure for someone who has been w/o his Benz, gets it back and is NOT SATISFIED with the final outcome?

ABC has a show called "what would you do" perhaps we should all ask ourselves that question.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ExtremeSpeed5
this thread started in Dec 07, and now we are in May 09 are you people telling me that after 2.5 years, i will still not see a quad turbo 1000 hp SL65
No, they are telling you that after 1 yr and 5 months.

I wondered why the quad turbos and not doing the turbo replacement for bigger ones?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1000 HP AMGs