Sponsored by:

Best Polish/Wax/for Black E63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Polish/Wax/for Black E63?

I have a black E63 and would like to know the best wax, polish to use to keep it shiny and repel water spots, bugs, sap. Anyone try 5 Star Shine? Supposed to be good. Not sure if it's hype. Need some good advise--want to start off right. Thanks, Michael
Old 01-21-2008, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I know its not the zaino that everyone loves, but im a big fan of Meguiars 26 professional wax. Its cheap, readily available, and gives a very warm nice shine. It doesn't last as long as the sealants, but I think it provides a deeper wetter look, less like plastic.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Meguire's products are awsome. I've been very happy with the results I've gotten from all their products so far. However, somebody here on the boards suggested I also use Menzerna products because most of their stuff was just so much easier to use and apply. So, I took their advise, and needless to say, I've been using Menzerna FMJ synthetic sealant right after I clean my car (instead of wax as before). Best thing about it is that is super easy to apply and remove. Even their polish is relatively easy to use as well (Menzerna Final Polish II). Also, Meguire has a great product that is designed specifically to be used on Mercedes' nano ceramic paint (a combination of Menzerna Polish and Meguire's products). I forgot what it is called, but you should be able to find it at any store that sells Meguire....
Old 01-21-2008, 05:28 PM

2012 SLS AMG
Look into Black Fire products. Have used them on my previous M3 and on the current BLACK E63. Works great, paint still looks better than the day it was delivered (over a year ago). Had my car next to another black E63 w/ AMG package and everyone walking by (including the sales people) loved my car better. It IS my daily driver w/ almost 15k miles. Black Fire works very well. Has to be ordered on line. My kit has lasted me 4+ years and will probably last another 2 at least. Great investment...
Old 02-05-2008, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
if you want the best if the best wax than you cannot go wrong with zymol...
Old 02-05-2008, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65 VRP1000 and 20" Monolites
For Me

Zaino works the best.

My SL is black, and I'm completely impressed with the shine and how long it lasts.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I think asking peoples opinion on whats the best wax will probably get similar results as asking what the best gas is.

Use what works best for you.

Last edited by psk145; 02-05-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:27 AM

2023 Range rover 2022 RAM TRX (bad ass):) - 2023 911 Turbo 2019 Wrangler 2021 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
+1
Old 02-05-2008, 08:54 AM

CLS 55
I use the whole Menzerna line. Works great, and it's easy to apply and take off.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:21 AM

2003 E500
Black cars show imperfections really well, that's why I have never owned a black car. The only polish that I've seen that hides them flawlessly is Zaino.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by JDM_SXE-10
Black cars show imperfections really well, that's why I have never owned a black car. The only polish that I've seen that hides them flawlessly is Zaino.
Zaino has no filling capabilities which is what makes imperfections go away. The only thing that will work on a black car is a thorough polishing with something like Menzerna and then followed with a good carnuba wax or a good sealant like Zaino. I have used Zaino and it gives a glass like finish on black. Menzerna FMJ also gives a great finish but it is not as durable as Zaino or Meguiars #16 carnuba. The only thing with black is you can be sure that you will get swirls and micro marring if you drive the car. The best saying I have ever heard about black is: "Black is not a color it is a part time job"
Old 02-16-2008, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Meguire's products are awsome. I've been very happy with the results I've gotten from all their products so far. However, somebody here on the boards suggested I also use Menzerna products because most of their stuff was just so much easier to use and apply. So, I took their advise, and needless to say, I've been using Menzerna FMJ synthetic sealant right after I clean my car (instead of wax as before). Best thing about it is that is super easy to apply and remove. Even their polish is relatively easy to use as well (Menzerna Final Polish II). Also, Meguire has a great product that is designed specifically to be used on Mercedes' nano ceramic paint (a combination of Menzerna Polish and Meguire's products). I forgot what it is called, but you should be able to find it at any store that sells Meguire....
I tried to find FMJ here, but .. no Menzerna with that SLR-like label as you have in US!

so asked a friend of mine that is a dealer for Menz to understand marketing secrets of these top-line products

1- that label means it is not a Menz Germany produce
2- finalPolishII (PO87MC) is an old product ... most now, especially those producing red coloured cars, use PO85RD

.. but what surprised me mostly is that FMJ has not a german analogue because its composition is not according the water- based philosophy reigning here. (their wax being APO60)

ps: ... never tried using a Clay bar. did you find any real sense than just polishing?
Old 02-16-2008, 07:19 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 C63S
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099

+1....especially with a black car....I owned only one black vehicle and with zymol the car looked great all the time......
Old 02-16-2008, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
I picked McGuiar's products because they offer everything and are available anywhere. Cost is reasonable. I especially like the Ultimate Quik Detailer that adds a shimmer and smoothness to your paint. Since the car is perpetually dirty the UQD is a must. McGuair's wheel detailer is great, keeps the brakes from squealing.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:08 AM

E55 AMG
The best wax is ZYMOL by far. If you have the cash go for Vintage. I have pics to prove it. just working how to upload.

Last edited by por997s; 02-17-2008 at 05:11 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by por997s
The best wax is ZYMOL by far. If you have the cash go for Vintage. I have pics to prove it. just working how to upload.
.. I looked for but found only Cleaner wax. is it ok?

btw, as you are from UK, for leather how is that Gliptone? better than Zimol?

thanks
Old 02-17-2008, 08:12 AM

E55 AMG
Yes, I am from the UK. Go here, http://www.vertar.com/ never heard of gliptone. After you see the results from Zymol, you wnt use anything else. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for. You need to get a zymol start kit. HD clenase is very important for the first stage.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by por997s
Yes, I am from the UK. Go here, http://www.vertar.com/ never heard of gliptone. After you see the results from Zymol, you wnt use anything else. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for. You need to get a zymol start kit. HD clenase is very important for the first stage.
thanks, .. I 've ssen that site ..it is really expensive

As for paint products, I'll go for Menzerna. no doubts. ..maybe I'll try something else just for curiosity.

what I'm really interested in is a LEATHER care product.

as you can understand I'm not experienced, nor fanatic.
.. some years ago I robbed my wife a very expensive skin product to use in my old Ferrari seats ... and I suspect that after that more wrinkles came up ....
I think that it's because cars' leather are to some extent pu-treated.
so, .. one yar ago, after reading a positive reviewing, I bought sonax for my CLS.
.. not sure about the cause , but after some time I begun finding something similar as in Ferrari. in particular, I found wrinkles in the armrest where you put the hand to open the door.
was so annoying that decided recently to have it replaced by MB service ( .. they are still thinking I'm )
only recently I looked more deep in car care domain and found hat Gliptone http://www.liquidleather.com/index.htm that is said as being used by Rolls' collectors http://www.performancemotorcare.com/..._Cleaners.html
must decide among this and Zimol.

ciao, Marco

Last edited by dyno; 02-17-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:04 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by mwiseltier
I have a black E63 and would like to know the best wax, polish to use --want to start off right. Thanks, Michael
Watch out for certain polishes or cleaner/waxes as some can contain a mild abrasive...

I always use Meguiers Wax As U Dry after every wash to keep that buttery smooth and super shinny finish ... as all car shampoos, even the best can strip some of a freshly applied wax.

Last edited by RJC; 02-17-2008 at 11:13 PM.