LET C32 2002
I know but hey what can I do...
Old 02-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Bigbob
The RENNtech parts they sold were display only items that RENNtech sent over 2 years ago to Evotech.

Evotech got them for free so they could give them away if they wanted.

Bob Brady
Are display only items bad to actuly use for real engine moding? (headers or any other parts)

If so hmmm i wonder if the new owner knows he bought display items only?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:18 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Bro there are lots of stuff you dont know behind the sceens stuff, Ill give you a lil teaser. oliver used to write software for renn. renn didnt and still hasnt payed him alot I mean alot of cash for his work oliver had renn parts and gave them to adam to sell. Adam also left renn for evotech. Renn didnt get rid of Adam.
There are always unknown things that are not posted so jumpin to conclusions is not always right. Everyone jumped on Adams case when you guys dont know the whole story. Also Adam will not post here he was threatened with a law suit the first day. If Adam posts up something it will just add fuel to the fire. His attorny already said stay off the board in case a suit comes.
None of that stuff is really the point, though. The OP's car is still ****ed up. It hasn't been fixed. I am not sure what some pissing contest between renntech and EE has to do with it...

Also, given that what...5 other people in addition to the OP...have come forward to say that EE trashed their cars as well, I'm not sure that EE's half of the story would sway any opinions around here anyway. Everybody's been around enough to know that people say what they have to when they're on the ropes. I can't picture the guy at EE coming on here and badmouthing his own business, so whaddayou expect?

He's backed himself into a corner about posting on the boards where he only has two options...1: Respond to it and lie, which he really can't do because the OP and the 5 others will call him on it or 2: Come up with some BS excuse to avoid having to defend his indefensible position. I guess option 3 would be to just admit the mistake and move on, but he won't do that since he probably can't afford to pay for screwing up what...at least 5 cars, now that all the stories are coming out? And that's only on this board...logic says there are probably others. Ya, of course his lawyer told him to shut the **** up, otherwise they'll end up being on the hook. But there's nothing noble about that. You're acting like that action is somehow better than it really is.

Bottom line: OP's car is ****ed up. It's not fixed. Ditto for, apparently, 5 other board members... Whatever backstory EE may have isn't guna change that. I guess you can downplay the OP for threatening a lawsuit, having a car with pre-existing issues, whatever, but then what do you say to the other 5 people with the same story? I guess it just isn't EE's fault no matter what?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IS300
After reading this whole thread, it seems as if Ballzy has been ripped off when they said "we will not fix your damage and we can't do anything for you." I don't know why you are being so nice and calm in this situation when they aren't helping. :dunno:

If I were you, i'd sue for...
  • the price that you bought the car for (or the value depreciated from having parts replaced) The S55 is an already expensive car with bad resale value and having work done on it so early (the bumper and the engine parts) will make the value fall tremendously. I personally know I would never buy such an expensive car used with work done it.
  • money paid for mods
  • time without a car

Maybe You could even get a class action lawsuit going since it seems that there are at least 5 other members with damaged cars that have come out. A lot of you posted that Adam is a nice guy, but this is about the business. I wouldn't sue a nice guy, but from the response that EE gave ballzy in the previous posts, then a lawsuit seems like the only way to resolve this.

1. BallzyS55
2. BallzyS55's cousin
3. Jwanee84
4. SleeperX
5. MIG-E55Rocket
6. BiTurboAmg
(I can't remember the rest of the names, feel free to add yourself on the list)

*I'm not involved in any of this, I'm just throwing a suggestion out there.

Last edited by Shake; 02-05-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Dude, just open your eyes.
And for the record the count just went from 4, to now 5 damaged cars by this tuner.
But hey, maybe all involved coincidentally had lemons for cars. AMG's must realy suck
But do we know the exact and complete details behind each damaged car?
===> Let me know if you think this question is a representation of me defending EE/Adam/Evotech.

I don't know... so I can't comment.

You obviously don't know what its like to get screwed by a tuner. On the other hand, I, and alot of others do know the feeling and are sympathizing with the true victim here: THE CUSTOMER.
Try blowing thousands upon thousands of dollars on tuner related repairs, and then we'll see how pro-tuner you sound afterwards.
Thanks for your concern... and yeah, I hope I won't be a victim.

But let me ask you this.... do you know that some people also got screwed from HPS S/C that you currently have on your R129? I remember that at least one member here went through a lot more hell than this EE drama due to HPS S/C.

Why do you still have it? If I guess correctly, because it works fine on your car.

Same logic applies to me... you got good experience w/ HPS, thus, you keep it. I got good experience w/ Evotech, thus, I keep it.

You may choose to keep using HPS, I may not.

You hope you don't get screwed by HPS in the future. Likewise, I hope I don't get screwed by Evotech in the future.

Zoink, listen, I don't want to start chit with you, just be careful of these guys.
From what I've seen and heard of them lately, I'm very unimpressed.
Once again thanks for your advice... really and sincerely appreciate that. I too don't want to create any enemies (including OP). I'm just trying to be fair to both parties and try to be as objective as possible.

Sure, back in October (at MIR) they wore the matching AMG jackets and looked very professional with their laptops running around data-logging every bodies cars, but that doesn't mean they are professional business men.
Its how you handle situations is what defines you to the public as a success or a failure.
But that also doesn't mean they are just posers running around, does it?

I agree w/ your statement that how you handle situations is what defines you to the public as a success or a failure. But I believe that's completely independent and unrelated whether they know what they're doing or not. One hell of a tuner may not have good people skills.... likewise, one with amazing customer service may not be a good tuner.

Theres just one thing I don't quite understand though:
Renntech stopped dealing with them about a year ago (according to Bob Brady), yet during the past year they continued selling Renntech products at incredibly discounted prices. If this is true, doesn't anyone want to know why?

I also remember hearing (again within the past year) that they are a Renntech authorized dealer.

Whats the deal, whats up with that?
Rocket already said what I heard from Adam... but once again, that's only one side of the story. I haven't heard the other side of the story.

Does it mean that I should call the other side (in this case, Renntech) is at fault due to their silence to this matter? No

Does it mean that I should fully support to Evotech as it appears to be a victim of Renntech? No

I just don't have enough details to judge one way or the other... just like this thread. And I certainly hope other members to hold judgment.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:23 PM

CL65
I've got a set of the headers. I guess I know now why they look so nice. I haven't installed them yet, but I will soon. If they aren't the real thing, they are sure fooling me.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by CWW
None of that stuff is really the point, though. The OP's car is still ****ed up. It hasn't been fixed. I am not sure what some pissing contest between renntech and EE has to do with it...

Also, given that what...5 other people in addition to the OP...have come forward to say that EE trashed their cars as well, I'm not sure that EE's half of the story would sway any opinions around here anyway. Everybody's been around enough to know that people say what they have to when they're on the ropes. I can't picture the guy at EE coming on here and badmouthing his own business, so whaddayou expect?

He's backed himself into a corner about posting on the boards where he only has two options...1: Respond to it and lie, which he really can't do because the OP and the 5 others will call him on it or 2: Come up with some BS excuse to avoid having to defend his indefensible position. I guess option 3 would be to just admit the mistake and move on, but he won't do that since he probably can't afford to pay for screwing up what...at least 5 cars, now that all the stories are coming out? And that's only on this board...logic says there are probably others. Ya, of course his lawyer told him to shut the **** up, otherwise they'll end up being on the hook. But there's nothing noble about that. You're acting like that action is somehow better than it really is.

Bottom line: OP's car is ****ed up. It's not fixed. Ditto for, apparently, 5 other board members... Whatever backstory EE may have isn't guna change that. I guess you can downplay the OP for threatening a lawsuit, having a car with pre-existing issues, whatever, but then what do you say to the other 5 people with the same story? I guess it just isn't EE's fault no matter what?
I simply just responded to a post guy!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:30 PM

a few
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Bro there are lots of stuff you dont know behind the sceens stuff, Ill give you a lil teaser. oliver used to write software for renn. renn didnt and still hasnt payed him alot I mean alot of cash for his work oliver had renn parts and gave them to adam to sell. Adam also left renn for evotech. Renn didnt get rid of Adam.
There are always unknown things that are not posted so jumpin to conclusions is not always right. Everyone jumped on Adams case when you guys dont know the whole story. Also Adam will not post here he was threatened with a law suit the first day. If Adam posts up something it will just add fuel to the fire. His attorny already said stay off the board in case a suit comes.
Rocket, as the West Coast rep for RENNtech who personally knows Adam and Tony and I have met you, let me say your comments can not be further from the truth. I know you only know what Adam tell you, but EE owed RENNtech lots (and I mean lots) of money and that is one of the MANY reasons we cut them off as a dealer.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by KENNtech
Rocket, as the West Coast rep for RENNtech who personally knows Adam and Tony and I have met you, let me say your comments can not be further from the truth. I know you only know what Adam tell you, but EE owed RENNtech lots (and I mean lots) of money and that is one of the MANY reasons we cut them off as a dealer.
OK this is a perfect example of you only hear 1 side of the story. both of you will say the other is at fault. its not up to me to decide who is at fault just like it isnt up to this board. If I made a false statement I am truly sorry.

where did we meet?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by KENNtech
This is exactly why I don't want to judge one way or the other.

Renntech vs. EE:
Renntech said EE owes them a lot of money.
EE said Renntech owes them a lot of money.

Completely opposite (not surprising)... Not sure which one to believe w/o additional data.

OP vs. EE:
OP said EE screwed up their cars, thus, had to be responsible.
EE could say OP cars were junked, all of the damages were pre-existing already, we should not be held responsible.

Completely opposite (not surprising)... Not sure which one to believe, especially we haven't heard the EE's side of the story.

We could do a poll in these two pissing contents... but is it the right thing to do?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone

I'm freakin out here man. Waiting for someone to scream "I want the truth!!!"
Old 02-05-2008, 04:39 PM

slk32
Rocket-

Since you know so much behind the scenes info, and you speak with Adam and Tony so frequently, why don't you ask Adam or Tony to post one simple sentence in this thread?

Adam or Tony, even if they have already retained an attorney (which I think is all B.S anyways after reading all 8 pages of this thread), should at least post something like this:

"Euroelites has retained an attorney, and can not comment about anything said on this thread."

This will at least give EE some type of excuse on why nobody from EE is posting anything.

Until then, people will continue thinking that EE is not taking any responsibility at all for their mistakes. And their customer service is going down the tube.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:40 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head

You can't HANDLE the truth!!!!!!

lol

Couldn't resist that one
Old 02-05-2008, 04:42 PM

slk32
Originally Posted by zoink

Renntech vs. EE:
actually, zoink..... EE hasn't said a word. It is just EE's customers speculating on what they know.

I'm waiting for what EE has to say.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:45 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by CWW
You can't HANDLE the truth!!!!!!

lol

Couldn't resist that one

Old 02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430

Hey CH,

What about real world road testing and data logging, isn't that more in step with tuning a vehicle than tuning from the runs on a dyno?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 040SLK32
actually, zoink..... EE hasn't said a word. It is just EE's customers speculating on what they know.

I'm waiting for what EE has to say.
+1 I just put it there to complete my sentence... LOL.

Alright, alright.... just to make CH stop eating popcorn....

I WANT THE TRUTH!!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
Hey CH,

What about real world road testing and data logging, isn't that more in step with tuning a vehicle than tuning from the runs on a dyno?
That works well AFTER the initial dyno tune to work out the kinks. The key to strapping the car to a dyno is the controlled environment you're in. If the engine's leaning out hard on a pull, you just shut it down, hard to do so in the street. Besides how many real world road tests allow you to go all the way up to 100+mph at will or pull through an entire gear?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:51 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by zoink

Renntech vs. EE:

Completely opposite (not surprising)... Not sure which one to believe w/o additional data.

OP vs. EE:
OP said EE screwed up their cars, thus, had to be responsible.
EE could say OP cars were junked, all of the damages were pre-existing already, we should not be held responsible.

Completely opposite (not surprising)... Not sure which one to believe, especially we haven't heard the EE's side of the story.

We could do a poll in these two pissing contents... but is it the right thing to do?
from what i read, it actually should be Renntech owes Oliver a lot of money when oliver use to work there at renn. renn doesn't owe ee anything.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:53 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
EE supporters, if you sit there and try to tell me that ee has hired an attorney, and that's why they're not responding, that's bs, not once I’ve ever threatened ee with a law suit, and if they are hiring a lawyer, that's because they know how bad they screwed up this time, and they found out that I'm not going to tuck my tail between my legs, and run, and as for your behind the scene info you mentioned rocket, it's bs, let them meet with me & you there as you the middle man, and you'll see that they wont agree, you know why, cause they're full of chit, I will stand there in their face and say everything and more, that I've mentioned so far. Rocket didn't you say before that they're supposed to fix my cousins front end, I believe you did, so why don't you ask them, and let us know if they will, as I said before, they made it clear to me that they will no do ***** for me or my cousin.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ECU tuning should ALWAYS be done in concert with a dyno, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Listening to your engine or taking the car for a test drive won't tell you where your A/F mixture is or whether your ECU is pulling timing all over the place. I've programmed and reprogrammed the AEM ECU on my Supra many times, and not once was it done without a trip to the dyno. There is no such thing as "plug and play" when it comes to the way your engine runs, too many variables, moving parts, and to much damn money involved. Excellent point Juice.

People in the Euro luxury car market need to take a long hard look at how people have been successfully tuning Japanese cars for decades. There is no quick fix, guys in Japan would rather cut 2" pieces of titanium and weld them back together to make a proper header than do it half-a$$ed. If someone tells me they're going to tune my engine AND my transmission in 20 minutes, I'm heading off to the next establishment.
That is the truth. What I learned through trying to fine tune my AEM EMS standalone on my Integra is that no matter how identical two cars/motors look, no two cars/motors are ever the same and tunes from two cars are never meant to be swapped or considered interchangeable. Sure it might be a starting point but fine tuning takes place on a dyno or during "street tuning" on a load-based dyno. I don't get how people call this over the mail crap "tuning".

Unless there is some special self tuning feature I missed with the MB ECU's, what they do in MB tuning by sending the ECU in the mail is just like sending basemaps and expecting them to work with all cars in all scenarios. Yeah, those maps may allow the car to start and idle but once you start going into WOT, boost, and open loop, good f---ing luck. It's like shooting blind. Is that why the A/F ratios on all of the dyno charts I've seen are pig rich (~10:1) in the top end? A cheap way of insurance against grenading the motor in case the guesstimate tuning was incorrect?

Maybe it is the way it is because not many people with MB's DIY and most people don't know any better so they go by what they are told whether right or wrong. The more I read about **** like this the more I think the MB tuner community is a sham. I guess the tuners see MB owners as easy pickins because they have money and are willing to buy into bogus claims.

JDM might not be something European cars want to be associated with but, like CH said, take a long look at the two markets. Do you think Japanese car tuners like HKS or Greddy would ever tell you to send them your ECU so they can load a basemap?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:55 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
But again if you don't believe me, and stand behid ee, that's fine, I just really, hope, that no one goes through what me and my cousin went through.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ballzy, I fully support, I even encourage you to talk about this in person w/ EE. That's what respected adults should do.

But as for the middle man, I think to get this thing done once and for all, you should get someone who's completely independent. May be hiring a professional mediator? If the mediator is not trusted to be unsided by both parties for whatever reasons, it will not work... and your time once again will be wasted. But it's your call.... I think Rocket would not mind.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 PM

CLS55, S550
I am not sure what the relationship between REENtech, EE and Adam has to do with the problems on this thread.

REENtech has been in business for over 20 years we still have a good relationship with AMG, Mercedes and McLaren. We strive to give our customers the best tuning products that are available.

It hurts RENNtech, Brabus, Kleeman to have individuals out there that have not had a good experience getting there cars tuned.

Maybe some of you need to do some research on the background of companies that say they are "Tuners".
Old 02-05-2008, 05:15 PM

What you guys don't get that a mediator is gonna go, I'm gonna end up waisting more money, and then, they're gonna do what they do best, lie. The only reason I wanted to have rocket their, just to show you guys how full of crap they are, when they're talking behind our backs, but they will never say it here, not because of ligalities, that's bs, they're not professional enough to go that route, it's because they don't care, that's what they told me and my cousin. For those that defend ee once again just be careful.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare